R4zoR's Mods - Normal Map Making Tutorial

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: R4zoR's Mods - Royce O'Neale Released

Postby Maverick on Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:32 am

Wow those are R4zoR sharp accuracy (Y) Really happy that you're still modding :bowdown2: Not as active but still.
Maverick
for Life

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:40 pm

Thanks for the release, but no CF or Face ID number.
Uncle Drew

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:44 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:Thanks for the release, but no CF or Face ID number.

You literally post this on every thread. This has to be the fourth or fifth time I've seen you say this. That is how custom/missing cyberfaces work. Add your own ID with the modifier.
bluejaybrandon

Postby maumau78 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:17 pm

R4zoR would you please give Reggie Miller a try??

Thanks!!
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Uncle Drew on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:47 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:

You literally post this on every thread. This has to be the fourth or fifth time I've seen you say this. That is how custom/missing cyberfaces work. Add your own ID with the modifier.

So you're the internet police now? I told you earlier, that the modifier doesn't work for me. I understand that new players that are not on the default rosters don't have ID's. I conveyed to you that the modifier doesn't work, for whatever reason. Instead of bashing me, you could be trying to assist me in finding out why. If it worked, I wouldn't need to ask questions. Bitching and complaining about what I post, but don't offer any solutions. That's not how a community is suppose to work. Not trying to be a dick here. I just won't ask any more questions then.
Uncle Drew

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:57 am

Uncle Drew wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

So you're the internet police now? I told you earlier, that the modifier doesn't work for me. I understand that new players that are not on the default rosters don't have ID's. I conveyed to you that the modifier doesn't work, for whatever reason. Instead of bashing me, you could be trying to assist me in finding out why. If it worked, I wouldn't need to ask questions. Bitching and complaining about what I post, but don't offer any solutions. That's not how a community is suppose to work. Not trying to be a dick here. I just won't ask any more questions then.

I have no idea why it doesn't work for you because you have given zero explanation as to why it doesn't work. How is someone supposed to help? That being said, if you know the modifier doesn't work for you quit complaining about no cyberface ID. If the player has a default 2k cyberface then you'll need a working modifier. You posting about the lack of ID is not a question, it's a complaint. It adds nothing to discussion and is your problem to solve.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:17 am

It would not be feasible for modders to just accommodate you with a face and png number, while everybody else has to assign one themselves.

Not trying to be a jerk, that's just the truth. Also, even if they do assign a number to them... how will you assign it to the appropriate player if the modifier isn't working?

And, why is your modifier not working? Have you tried running as administrator? What version of Windows do you have? Guessing you have the Steam version of the game? Is the modifier even opening? If so, does it allow you to refresh roster list so you can select players? Does it just not open from the start?

Nobody is going to assign an ID to a player just for one person consistently, maybe once and awhile as a courtesy, that's it. Again, still don't understand how assigning them an ID allows you to apply it to the player without the modifier, unless you are somehow doing it in cheatengine. And if you are, you could just assign the file a number of your choosing and apply in CE.

Something isn't adding up. Confusing. In no way am I accusing you of anything, just trying to figure out why your modifier isn't working and how assigning a face id number helps you.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Uncle Drew on Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:21 am

Steam version, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Modifier doesn't open from start or allow me to refresh roster, and not familiar at all with a cheat engine. Has the modifier been updated to a newer version? I watched the tutorial on how to use the modifier, no luck. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.
Uncle Drew

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:26 am

Uncle Drew wrote:Steam version, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Modifier doesn't open from start or allow me to refresh roster, and not familiar at all with a cheat engine. Has the modifier been updated to a newer version? I watched the tutorial on how to use the modifier, no luck. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

But why does assigning a cyberface number make a difference if you can't assign the CF to the player to begin with?

Also, do you have anti-virus enabled? You could try downloading the modifier again while anti-virus and firewall are disabled. Sometimes if they are enabled, it will delete a file associated with the program, making it not functional. This probably isn't the case with the modifier, but just a thought.

I just don't see why it wouldn't work.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bongo88 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:24 am

Not sure why people are bothering you, UncleDrew. All the other cyberfaces i've downloaded have been properly labeled to work with the default 2k roster. (Example, Allen Iverson cyberface labeled face0005.iff, etc etc)

With the default 2k roster, Royce O'neal face id is "1".
Just change
faceOneale.iff -> face0001.iff
pngOneale.iff -> png0001.iff

Hopefully that works for you. If not, let me know.
bongo88

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:39 am

bongo88 wrote:Not sure why people are bothering you, UncleDrew. All the other cyberfaces i've downloaded have been properly labeled to work with the default 2k roster. (Example, Allen Iverson cyberface labeled face0005.iff, etc etc)

With the default 2k roster, Royce O'neal face id is "1".
Just change
faceOneale.iff -> face0001.iff
pngOneale.iff -> png0001.iff

Hopefully that works for you. If not, let me know.

Bongo, 1 is a created fake that 2K uses. If he replaces that, every fake in the roster with a 1 assigned will be Royce O'neal.

And that doesn't get to the bottom of two things.

1. Why his modifier isn't working
2. Why does he need a number assigned if he can't assign it to a player

If he's asking for it to be included so it overwrites the fake Royce O'Neal, he will have to live with every fake that has that assigned looking like Royce O'Neal. And, without trying it, I'm also wondering if overwriting "1" will even work?

Either way, he needs to get his modifier working.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:53 am

And I just tried it, it doesn't work

1 is a created player fake the game supplied. The players eyes changed, but not the skin texture, not the skin color, not the facial hair, not the hair, etc. This was me placing Face0001.iff and PNG0001.iff into the modded folder.

Those players can't be replaced like that, they need IDS assigned to them of regular players in the game (ones the user doesn't care about), and assigned using the Modifier or CE (if CE can do it)

Not only that, now every fake with a 1 assigned to them has those same eyes. Every. Single. One. It's because 2K uses that all over the roster.

We are not giving him shit, if he wants to use the mods he needs to get his programs to work.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bongo88 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:05 pm

oh, haha, didn't know that :) now all my 1 characters look like royce o'neal :)
I'll reach out to uncle drew through pm and get his trainer working
bongo88

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:11 pm

Thanks Dee for more eloquently saying what I was trying to get at. I've corrected this user several times so I didn't want to go through the rigmarole again. This is especially true when the original comment came off as a jab at the content creator, like it was R4zoR's fault for not including an ID. Glad this has been wrapped up. Seems like custom cyberfaces need to come with a waiver at this point.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:13 pm

bongo88 wrote:oh, haha, didn't know that :) now all my 1 characters look like royce o'neal :)
I'll reach out to uncle drew through pm and get his trainer working

But even you didn't get the full Royce O'Neal mod by changing the file names to 0001, that is a guarantee. The only thing that changed on him was his eyes.

Assign him a CF ID from a regular player and plug it in using the modifier, and you will see that he looks entirely different (the way the modder intended him to look).

All of your 1 characters will have the same eyes if you did it that way. Trust me.

And btw, you stated other modders assign them IDs, they certainly do... when they are overwriting a regular player (that way it works). Other modders will sometimes assign the player a random ID of a real player that has no significance to the game, and that ID needs to be assigned using the Modifier to the player who needs the intended face.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bongo88 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:32 pm

ahh, yes, Dee4Three.
Makes sense now.
A very clear explanation on cyberfaces. Anyways, i'll get with Uncle Drew and help execute his trainer properly.
bongo88

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:35 pm

bongo88 wrote:ahh, yes, Dee4Three.
Makes sense now.
A very clear explanation on cyberfaces. Anyways, i'll get with Uncle Drew and help execute his trainer properly.

Sounds good, good luck.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Uncle Drew on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:18 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:Thanks Dee for more eloquently saying what I was trying to get at. I've corrected this user several times so I didn't want to go through the rigmarole again. This is especially true when the original comment came off as a jab at the content creator, like it was R4zoR's fault for not including an ID. Glad this has been wrapped up. Seems like custom cyberfaces need to come with a waiver at this point.

Nobody meant this as a "jab" at R4zoR, no where in my post did I blame him. You need to step off and quit putting words in people's mouths. " I've corrected this user several times" Really? More like a tongue lashing for asking a simple question, no matter how many times. If I keep asking, obviously I'm not getting answers. I was going to take the high road in this, but you left me no choice but to respond. I believe you were the one that drove Shuajota away with your cyberbullying. I appreciate all the modders and their time and efforts put into their work. Said this countless of times. But I will not tolerate anyone disrespecting me, for something unwarranted. I'm done......
Uncle Drew

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:03 pm

Uncle Drew wrote: Nobody meant this as a "jab" at R4zoR, no where in my post did I blame him. You need to step off and quit putting words in people's mouths.

When you're short and only say "Thanks for the release, but no CF or Face ID number." then the way to take that is like the release isn't good enough because it didn't include an ID. Like somehow he was in the wrong for not posting it with an ID.

Uncle Drew wrote: I've corrected this user several times" Really? More like a tongue lashing for asking a simple question, no matter how many times. If I keep asking, obviously I'm not getting answers.

Here is this exact same scenario playing out previously.

and here is my response...

You'll notice I copy instructions directly from one of the previous explanations I'd given you. I like to think I'm helpful to new users and provide them with straight forward answers, but you continually request ID's for no reason. If you've been here so long, take the time to understand how it works. As Dee said previously, giving you ID's when there is none assigned will do nothing anyways.

Uncle Drew wrote: I was going to take the high road in this, but you left me no choice but to respond. I believe you were the one that drove Shuajota away with your cyberbullying. I appreciate all the modders and their time and efforts put into their work. Said this countless of times. But I will not tolerate anyone disrespecting me, for something unwarranted. I'm done.....

Nobody cyber bullied and nobody drove anyone away. Anyone is free to post and come and go as they please. As for the specific situation you're referring to, I was the foremost critic of shady practices. However, if I remember correctly, you even called this user out for ad-link usage.

To be fair, I totally support you in this point, but don't act like I'm some keyboard warrior looking to bully users. I make points and anyone is free to disagree or respond, it' only my point of view. So was my comment any more disrespectful than you constantly requesting unnecessary ID's and refusing to correct the problem on your end? Because I know it was certainly warranted. Anyways hopefully you mean you're done with this thread and not the site. Good luck with bongo teaching you how to use the modifier. Hope that avoids situations like this in the future.
bluejaybrandon

Postby barber on Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:24 pm

Thanks for release.
Royce o’neale face is great.

I hope you make Zach Lavine.
Some Chinese modders make them, but they only share with the Chinese.
So I want you to make him. Lavine need update.
barber

Postby R4zoR on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:49 am

Penny Hardaway
Still got some stuff to fix (area around the eyes, etc), but due to time concerns, i'll just preview it for ya'll to see.
Last edited by R4zoR on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
R4zoR has been modding video games for 10 years now, if you want to help me out in the process financially. You can do so by clicking on this link https://www.paypal.me/modderr4zor I will be more than grateful, for the support.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby maumau78 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:08 pm

R4zoR wrote:
Penny Hardaway
Still got some stuff to fix (area around the eyes, etc), but due to time concerns, i'll just preview it for ya'll to see.
[ Image ]

Amazing.....Reggie Miller UP NEXT?
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Re: R4zoR's Mods - Penny Hardaway Preview

Postby R4zoR on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:41 pm

R4zoR has been modding video games for 10 years now, if you want to help me out in the process financially. You can do so by clicking on this link https://www.paypal.me/modderr4zor I will be more than grateful, for the support.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Re: R4zoR's Mods - Penny Hardaway Released

Postby wtferrell on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:15 pm

GREAT work on Penny man. I love it!
wtferrell

Re: R4zoR's Mods - Penny Hardaway Released

Postby hokupguy on Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:21 am

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GFV2 ... xyDGKHpF-g

If you enjoy my mod & would like to show your appreciation please donate here: