MICKACHISTE - Classic shoes - Nike Air Up preview

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

MICKACHISTE - Classic shoes - Nike Air Up preview

Postby mickachiste on Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:43 pm

Why 92-93 ??? Because it's when I really felt what was the basketball game for me... A part of my life !

Ok guys, let's have a look at what you've got with this mod. First of all I want to thank hokupguy. Because all the attributes, tendances... were done by himself from nba 2k17 on xbox one. I had this game and it was a lot of fun playing with his roster. So I decided to copy everything to 2k18 on my PC and continue modding as much as I could. As a result you have all the teams from that era with 13 players. A lot of them have their own portrait and I try to have look alike faces. I don't have time and talent to work the faces on blender... sorry for that. Anyway some guys were created by V01D and they look really good.

The jerseys are all ok, except the Hawks (I have to work on it). All the shorts have the correct size. And you have the shoes from that season too ! Air Maestro, Air Dynamic flight, Mutombo... You will have to recreate all the colours, as the roster doesn't copy everything hehe

The courts are accurate. I used Lagoa court template to help me. Thanks a lot for your work ! And I converted some from Dee4Three roosters taken from the massive work on 2k14 by the URB team.

Dornas are done. Credits go to PeacemanNOT for the Suns and to the URB team for the Celtics and some little grabs.

So for now, you can play only on SEASON MODE but be sure to download the modded file :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8tspvhxrh ... Modded.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x8ezavmc4 ... dornas.zip

UPDATE V1
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cc94bki11 ... date+1.zip

GAMERTAG : kokof64
FILENAME : 92-93 season
SLIDERS : 92-93 sliders
SETTINGS : 92-93 settings

It would be good to have this mod entering the MARCH MODNESS !
Last edited by mickachiste on Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:06 am, edited 11 times in total.
mickachiste

Re: MICKACHISTE - 1992-1993 roster

Postby mickachiste on Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:53 pm

I just finish the Air Max Barkley PE. Be sure to copy shoe_ed and shoe_ng in the modded file and shoe_fe in the shoe file.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8zff07ru9 ... 0shoes.zip

Enjoy !!!
mickachiste

Postby maumau78 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:53 pm

Great Work!

Why not post some pictures?
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bongo88 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:11 am

Great Mod. Thanks for posting
bongo88

Postby hokupguy on Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:50 am

Glad to see you got done, looking forward to seeing how my 2k17 work converts to 2k18. (Y)

youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GFV2 ... xyDGKHpF-g

If you enjoy my mod & would like to show your appreciation please donate here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
hokupguy
Blue Print

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:08 am

I downloaded the roster. I thought you were going to update the now teams to be the 92-93 season, not overwrite classic teams. I see why you did that, though.

I havn't looked through after downloaded the mod pack, but I am interested in seeing the final product. I wish there was a way to reorganize the teams for a better appearance, but we havn't been able to do that (I couldn't do it with my roster last year either).

Some of the lookalikes are of players that are far too common, like Bobby Portis. I think going through and trying to find more unrecognized faces would help the roster tremendously, or requesting some of the cyberface makers in the community to make some faces.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:04 am

yeah, it desserves a big (Y)
sticky-fingers

Postby mickachiste on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:49 am

Dee4Three wrote:I downloaded the roster. I thought you were going to update the now teams to be the 92-93 season, not overwrite classic teams. I see why you did that, though.

I havn't looked through after downloaded the mod pack, but I am interested in seeing the final product. I wish there was a way to reorganize the teams for a better appearance, but we havn't been able to do that (I couldn't do it with my roster last year either).

Some of the lookalikes are of players that are far too common, like Bobby Portis. I think going through and trying to find more unrecognized faces would help the roster tremendously, or requesting some of the cyberface makers in the community to make some faces.

Yeah I know that some are really common. I will continue updating this to polish as much as I can. Consider this as a base. It's a lot of work and I really wanted to play hehe.
I would be really happy to have help for faces, Dee4Three you are very welcome as you have done a great job on 2k17 :wink:

And thanks guys for your comments !
mickachiste

Postby mickachiste on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:50 am

maumau78 wrote:Great Work!

Why not post some pictures?

Yeah I can do that :wink:
mickachiste

Postby mickachiste on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Sliders have been updated. It plays harder on your side now ;-)
mickachiste

Re: MICKACHISTE - 1992-1993 roster MARCH MODNESS

Postby Stildo33 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:43 am

Dude, the picture of Dee Brown is the best! 2K needs to use that one!
Stildo33

Postby Stildo33 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:06 am

So this roster keeps crashing when I try and use it in myleague. I have tested every team individually and with some combos. I did one with all western conference and left everything as default. Crashes whenever I try and use all the 93 teams plus the Raptors, Grizzlies, Pelicans.

Suggestions?
Stildo33

Postby mickachiste on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:56 am

Stildo33 wrote:So this roster keeps crashing when I try and use it in myleague. I have tested every team individually and with some combos. I did one with all western conference and left everything as default. Crashes whenever I try and use all the 93 teams plus the Raptors, Grizzlies, Pelicans.

Suggestions?

Yeah I know, I have the same problem. I can start a myleague with only a few teams. This is the main problem. If you want to start something I suggest you to start a season and select the Raptors, Grizzlies, Pelicans (not to be filled with the FA) and some other teams, but not all.
I have to do contracts too.
mickachiste

Postby Im1averageJoe on Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:09 am

Great job here with this project! (Y) Glad to see sum1 workin on a retro mod. :D One surgestion tho is to use mostly thin stationary backboards, It will look more authentic...hope to see updates in the future
Im1averageJoe

Postby mickachiste on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:44 pm

I just had a hell of a game against the Sonics. Kemp was unstopable !
mickachiste

Postby bolleque on Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:22 pm

I downloaded the mod. When I start I have the screen with MJ and different music.
But when I download the roster I still have current players except for Toronto and Memphis which have generic players.

Anybody else having the same?

PS: I am curious to play full season of 92-93
bolleque

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:40 pm

bolleque wrote:I downloaded the mod. When I start I have the screen with MJ and different music.
But when I download the roster I still have current players except for Toronto and Memphis which have generic players.

You will find all the 92-93 teams in the classic teams section of the roster.

And you can't play a full season using this roster right now, it's c not compatible with MyLeague. It crashes when you try and start a season with the teams in it. So for now you guys will need to just use it for play now.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby mickachiste on Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:44 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
bolleque wrote:I downloaded the mod. When I start I have the screen with MJ and different music.

And you can't play a full season using this roster right now, it's c not compatible with MyLeague. It crashes when you try and start a season with the teams in it. So for now you guys will need to just use it for play now.

It looks like the game can't deal with teams changed when starting a season or a myleague. Dee do you can think I can switch teams from classic to regular using CE ?
mickachiste

Postby Stildo33 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:37 pm

I will try and do that this morning Mick. I will try with a roster that ONLY has the '93 teams and go from there.
Stildo33

Postby mickachiste on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:25 pm

Stildo33 wrote:I will try and do that this morning Mick. I will try with a roster that ONLY has the '93 teams and go from there.

Yeah sounds good :wink: I will do the same on my side and see how it works. It want to keep all the properties from the classic teams. It's really important to me, I don't want this to have a too modern presentation.
mickachiste

Postby Stildo33 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:09 am

mickachiste wrote:
Stildo33 wrote:I will try and do that this morning Mick. I will try with a roster that ONLY has the '93 teams and go from there.

Yeah sounds good :wink: I will do the same on my side and see how it works. It want to keep all the properties from the classic teams. It's really important to me, I don't want this to have a too modern presentation.

No I'm with you! Important to me too. I just don't know how to edit the jerseys. I know how to change the arena files (I think). Looks way better that way. I can do away with 80s shorts, but I love the 90s shorts.
Stildo33

Postby Stildo33 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:09 am

mickachiste wrote:

No I'm with you! Important to me too. I just don't know how to edit the jerseys. I know how to change the arena files (I think). Looks way better that way. I can do away with 80s shorts, but I love the 90s shorts.
Stildo33

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:18 am

mickachiste wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

It looks like the game can't deal with teams changed when starting a season or a myleague. Dee do you can think I can switch teams from classic to regular using CE ?

Carolus made me a cheat table for 2K17 that allowed me to adjust them from classic to regular and vice versa. It was great. So yes you should be able to do that.

However, that's not the reason for your crashing. You may have done something else accidently along the way. Did you do anything else in cheat engine other than changing the team names? Did you attempt any other changes in cheat engine at all?

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Stildo33 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:59 am

Yeah that makes sense. I went through and changed everything and still crashing for what it is worth....

It has to be something that got changed along the way....
Stildo33

Postby mickachiste on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:11 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
mickachiste wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Carolus made me a cheat table for 2K17 that allowed me to adjust them from classic to regular and vice versa. It was great. So yes you should be able to do that.

However, that's not the reason for your crashing. You may have done something else accidently along the way. Did you do anything else in cheat engine other than changing the team names? Did you attempt any other changes in cheat engine at all?

yeah I work a lot with CE... Damn.
Looking at jerseys, the problem that i have is the nike shorts. If you change the lenght, something really weird appears. And I want my socks to be white, even with CE I can't change it.
mickachiste

Next

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding