Are there any retro rosters for 2k17?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Are there any retro rosters for 2k17?

Postby Kevin on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:22 pm

Title. I wanna feel the nostalgia again of those late 90s-early 00s teams. Any complete retro rosters out there? The ironknight and laroche 1996 mod got removed.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K17 by Andrew on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:53 am.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Are there any retro rosters for 2k17?

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:36 pm

Kevin wrote:Title. I wanna feel the nostalgia again of those late 90s-early 00s teams. Any complete retro rosters out there? The ironknight and laroche 1996 mod got removed.

Have you used my draft roster and all time teams roster? They are really complete and they give you a ton of retro content.

My classic teams roster gives you 18 new classic teams, it's great for association and play now.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:48 pm

Unfortunately, I never got around to making a single season roster.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:26 pm

Kevin wrote:Title. I wanna feel the nostalgia again of those late 90s-early 00s teams. Any complete retro rosters out there? The ironknight and laroche 1996 mod got removed.

Rightfully so...I am in the process of sorting things out (all copy righted material from peacemannot and Dee4three) my friend Ironknight is actually not available .once he's back we'll release a newer version of the 1996 roster . Along with the bulls dynasty roster (starting from the 1991 season til the 1998 season) u can play up to 8 full seasons with all draft classes and free agents.

The plan is to have all draft classes until this day ..we"LL c ...

And yes B4 u ask again all copy righted material will be removed ..

#staytuned#
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:28 am

Sounds good. I am sure it will be great when finished.

Good luck!

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Stildo33 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:33 am

I have a 1997-1998 Roster I can upload for you if I want. I have absolutely zero clue where it came from - it wasn't me. I don't think it has any portraits that didn't come with the game. I downloaded this a year ago maybe online? I just tweaked the contracts and stuff a little to be more myleague friendly. I also punched all the current main NBA players that were FA in the stomach. I hit them so hard it knocked the wind out of them for over a year. I also aged them 20+ years so they immediately retire at the end of the first myleague season.

1) I do believe it has at least Dee4Three's content on there (and maybe more) that was used for guys like Reggie Miller, etc. So I don't want to upload it without his permission knowing there is at least one of his models in there if not more. Dee4Three - wanna see what I have first? I won't without at least your permisson as I don't know who to give credit to outside of you.

2) I had that 1996 roster downloaded and copied all that stuff to default folders and I think I erased over existing guys as lots of those were re-used for the roster vs. how Dee made his classic team sticking everything in the modded folder. Is there a quick fix to "refresh" all of this without completely redownloading and reinstalling the game to remove those portraits. Anyone know? I'll wait for the new update in the meantime.

3) I Cannot WAIT for that 1991 Roster or any of them in that area. I want to re-create the 1990s Celtics without all the tanking and Reggie Lewis living.
Stildo33

Postby garv3y on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:39 am

hey guys I know this is irrelevant to your post but I need help with the globals, installed all versions and they dont work. do i need to adjust my video settings, because i currently have them pretty low in order to let the game run smoothly because of my system
garv3y

Postby Kevin on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:19 am

Stildo33 wrote:I have a 1997-1998 Roster I can upload for you if I want. I have absolutely zero clue where it came from - it wasn't me. I don't think it has any portraits that didn't come with the game. I downloaded this a year ago maybe online? I just tweaked the contracts and stuff a little to be more myleague friendly. I also punched all the current main NBA players that were FA in the stomach. I hit them so hard it knocked the wind out of them for over a year. I also aged them 20+ years so they immediately retire at the end of the first myleague season.

Can you upload that 97-98 roster for me? I'd love to try.
Dee4Three wrote:

Have you used my draft roster and all time teams roster? They are really complete and they give you a ton of retro content.

My classic teams roster gives you 18 new classic teams, it's great for association and play now.

I use your classic teams for play now but not in myleague since I'd need the whole roster of every team of that season to get that feel yknow.

laroche23 wrote:

Rightfully so...I am in the process of sorting things out (all copy righted material from peacemannot and Dee4three) my friend Ironknight is actually not available .once he's back we'll release a newer version of the 1996 roster . Along with the bulls dynasty roster (starting from the 1991 season til the 1998 season) u can play up to 8 full seasons with all draft classes and free agents.

The plan is to have all draft classes until this day ..we"LL c ...

And yes B4 u ask again all copy righted material will be removed ..

#staytuned#

ohh this is nice. Any reason why i can only play up to 8 seasons only? Would it crash after the 8th?
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby laroche23 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:17 am

By playing 8 full seasons ..I mean based on the amount of draft classes created .(91-97)..I am still editing those (3 more left to go :)
laroche23

Postby Kevin on Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:38 am

laroche23 wrote:By playing 8 full seasons ..I mean based on the amount of draft classes created .(91-97)..I am still editing those (3 more left to go :)
laroche23, ahhh so you mean I can still play the 9th season with the 2k draft class then. Can't wait!
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Stildo33 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:04 am

There are some decent draft classes on the server already past the 97 roster. Well, somewhat decent, as some of them only have the top 10-15 guys before fictional ones take over.
Stildo33

Postby laroche23 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:38 am

@Kevin, can u create jerseys ?? i only need 2 to finish this roster ..let me know please (i need the Kings home ) and the seattle (home and away ) both from the 91 season..would be great
thanks --
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:45 am

laroche23 wrote:@Kevin, can u create jerseys ?? i only need 2 to finish this roster ..let me know please (i need the Kings home ) and the seattle (home and away ) both from the 91 season..would be great
thanks --

Did you remove all of PeacemanNOT's jerseys from the project, including the 3d ones?

Ill check out the roster when it's released.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:34 am

Did you remove all of PeacemanNOT's jerseys from the project, including the 3d ones?

Ill check out the roster when it's released.[/quote]

@dee4three And yes B4 u ask again all copy righted material will be removed ..,,(i said that b4 )

i gave u my word, can i get the benefit of the doubt ? its really not necessary callin me out ......not cool...
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:58 am

I have every right to ask that question. His jerseys took a ton of time and work, and my guess is that you used quite a few of them. It's only been a couple weeks since we asked you to remove our files, and you are already stating that you only need two jerseys. That is why I am skeptical.

I don't trust you completely just yet, and you can't blame me. Between PeacemanNot's works and the courts/portraits you used of mine (and maybe a few team logos), it should take awhile to create/replace yourself. Its absolutely fair for me to question the timeframe.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:45 am

Dee4Three wrote:I have every right to ask that question. His jerseys took a ton of time and work, and my guess is that you used quite a few of them. It's only been a couple weeks since we asked you to remove our files, and you are already stating that you only need two jerseys. That is why I am skeptical.

I don't trust you completely just yet, and you can't blame me. Between PeacemanNot's works and the courts/portraits you used of mine (and maybe a few team logos), it should take awhile to create/replace yourself. Its absolutely fair for me to question the timeframe.

i never said when i am planing to release it yet, it might be at the end of the year , or sooner ..i ain´t rushing..its fine if u dont trust me, i ve said it multiple times , and i´ve apologized .. those stuffs wont be part of my work. U dont even know who i am workin with ..let´s not get over this again and hijack this thread for this.
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:34 am

laroche23 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:I have every right to ask that question. His jerseys took a ton of time and work, and my guess is that you used quite a few of them. It's only been a couple weeks since we asked you to remove our files, and you are already stating that you only need two jerseys. That is why I am skeptical.

i never said when i am planing to release it yet, it might be at the end of the year , or sooner ..i ain´t rushing..its fine if u dont trust me, i ve said it multiple times , and i´ve apologized .. those stuffs wont be part of my work. U dont even know who i am workin with ..let´s not get over this again and hijack this thread for this.

No worries, moving on.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:38 pm

@stildoo33 will Post some screenshots later ..no timetable for the release yet . hopefully soon
laroche23

Postby Stildo33 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:29 am

Okay thanks! Can't wait!!!

Kevin - I will upload later tonight.
Stildo33

Postby Kevin on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:56 am

Stildo33, thanks man :D
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Stildo33 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:49 am

Just uploaded what I have. Again, this is someone else's stuff and from the 96-97 originally I think. It isn't probably 100% accurate on rosters, but really stinking close. I also updated the contracts for myleague as well (if I remember correctly). The original roster was all zero'd out so everyone was a FA after 1 year. Drove me nuts!

I'd say the portraits are about 80% accurate for what is in there....meaning: 80% of the players that have a portrait that were already assigned are in there. 20% are assigned and someone else. I took out everyone else since portraits were all mismatched. I figured better to have no portrait than incorrect portraits.

Hopefully this helps but it will give you a start!

Roster name: 97-98 Season
Usertag: Stildo33 - its there someplace.
Stildo33

Postby Kevin on Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:14 am

Stildo33, yo this is awesome! Thanks for this! Now we only need classic logos and courts to match.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Stildo33 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:06 pm

Yep! I am not sure how to do that.....or I would!

Anyone else wanna teach me?
Stildo33

Postby laroche23 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:50 am

Can anyone make a jersey?sonics 91..IAM finished with my project ..this jersey is the last thing left ...anyone listening?
laroche23

Postby Stildo33 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:52 am

Ugh! C'mon....anyone?!?! I can't wait to play it!
Stildo33

Next

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding