Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:43 am

You don't need close to a 99 defense to swat everything from what I've experienced. As long as your defense is 76 or higher, you can block lots of shots with big men.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:25 am

Yes, blocks have gotten a noticeable bump lately, as well as getting a foul for a clean block with no contact which is really annoying. You anticipate the shot perfectly, meet them right at the top of the shot, get the block and a late foul gets called
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:45 am

That's the one thing I really don't like about this game. I have evidence saved of me getting a block, and there was zero contact with the player, yet I still got called with a foul. The same thing even happened with a streamer on Twitch when doing the Master Thompson challenge.

Another problem with the fouling is when an animation happens that's out of your control, and you get penalized for it. Constantly, there's that animation with the one handed layup with the defender raising his arms, and that's classified as a defensive foul.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:31 am

I understand there's nothing you can do about the canned animations but getting fouls on clean blocks shouldn't be happening, especially since they weren't happening before. If anything, they should give you fouls when you don't get the block, not if you actually get it. Makes me not want to try too hard to defend and contest shots. Also, haven't tried on superstar yet, but you need to be able to block shots without fouling as on superstar difficulty guys make shots with a simple right stick contest all the time.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Got Drexler in the first pack. With all due respect to Bill Walton, there's no need for a second.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:16 pm

Congrats on pulling Clyde! Him and Scottie should be a fun duo to run the floor with. I didn't want to open the legend pack since there were only two players, so I got him off the AH earlier on Thursday.

Decided to sell my All-Star Curry since I have his Master Card, and I needed another Power Forward. Picked up All-Star Davis, and he's quite the solid card to have.

Also, the AH is flooded with Bill Walton cards. Earlier today, there was literally a page of nothing but Walton cards.

RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:25 pm

LMAO buyer's remorse?
You'd be lucky to get ANYTHING back for your Walton card at this point.

Davis is so well rounded, his dribbling should be a tad higher and his 3s are way too low. He's shooting 35% this year
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:54 pm

I was holding my breath as I bought the pack. Very glad to get Drexler, especially as I already have The Dream and Yao at centre.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:16 am

Master Thompson completed. The challenge wasn't too bad when I played Pick and Pop with the shooters. Closest game I had was against the 2000's team, only winning by four.

Also, had to take this screenshot of Larry. He looks so much better than "himself" in 2K18.

RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:24 am

He doesn't look quite right in that Lakers jersey, though. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby matmat66 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi Shinron, do you have the Larry Bird card? If you do, how is he compared to the other small forwards? Thanks bro.
matmat66

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:51 pm

I don't have a Larry Bird card yet, as he goes for too much (that's a screenshot of a different Bird present on the 80's Legends team in the Master Klay Thompson challenge). While he is the perfect shooter stats wise, I would hold off on the obtainable Larry since he's too slow. The card is based off his later years, so with that being said, there are better options for Wing Shooters/Stretch Bigs to go with for now, such as Robert Horry, or if you really want to save coins, go for Rookie Ladder Tyler Lydon, as they're much faster than Bird.

I'm strongly believing the Bird in the Master Challenges will be released later, since I found more evidence that he's a completely different Bird. His Archetype is a Hybrid Wing, unlike his Legend card being a Wing Shooter, he has the different portrait and cyberface, and his stats are different.
RayRay_953

Postby matmat66 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Thanks for the reply bro. I'm just intrigued with the 99 3 pt rating of Larry Bird. I agree that he is slow and I don't know how I can free him up to take those three point shots. I already have Horry, Devin Booker and Ray Allen as my 3 pt shooters and recently added Steph Curry. I also have a James Harden wing scorer. I agree that his price now is too much. I might consider getting him if we falls to around 200k :D
matmat66

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:00 am

https://twitter.com/NBALiveSociety/stat ... 5849897984

Nikola Jokic has a Big Moments card today. Apparently, he's a 93 overall, although his card is severely underwhelming with that being said.

Also confirmed is not only the chance of pulling a trial card, but any highlight player, as I got another trial James Harden from the challenge.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:18 am

LMAO nice "93" card. Wonder if he has his face in the game yet. I wonder if EA thinks by updating everyone's portraits that hey don't need to update in game art. Many questions for them.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:49 am

They have updated a fair few faces since launch, to be fair.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:24 am

It's funny they worked so hard to get new hair for lonzo and he cut his hair before they could release it
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:35 pm

Haven't they updated it again since?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:59 pm

Ah yes looks like they've shortened it and kept the facial hair. I don't really play with him so I don't keep up lol. Hair could be a bit shorter.

I did the jokic challenge and was 2 rebs away from a triple double. I had a shot but damn teammates kept stealing my rebounds at the end. Got another 5 game harden.

I want to post a PSA or something for all these guys trying to sell their waltons for more than 8000. They're just wasting their time.

Might get bored and collect an all Asian team lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:28 am

At least you have that Harden for 10 games now lol.

I know that I've been collecting Raptors players in case they throw a Master Carter challenge, as well as cheap Bulls players (their ToTW cards are amazing), assuming that EA releases a Derrick Rose Master, since he's highly requested as well.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:43 am

I have 6 raptors players now as I started collecting weeks ago. Dirk Vince and melo should be near locks as they are on the 2000s team. I wouldn't count on Rose
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:46 am

Those three are a given, but you never know; J.R. Smith of all players got a throwback Master first.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:39 am

Haha that's true. That was a really random player to choose. I hope they pick more players at the end of their careers so we can play with prime Wade, Parker, ginobili, cp3 even. Cp3's ratings are a bit lacking imo especially compared to these new cards that are coming out
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby zzcoolj21 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:14 am

Starting to sell off my team. Getting out ahead of the market. Something just tells me it's going to crash again and the players I've sold are just going to get better versions in a month or so anyways. Should be at 1 million coins when it's all said and done.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby [Q] on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:42 am

Seems like the market is way over saturated now with all of the cards that have come out. Original gold cards are selling for nothing now. Only cards selling for more than 1000 seems to be rarer cards like ladder and totw and legends.

I've been looking for cheap statement jerseys to buy and flip for some extra change
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18