Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.13)

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.11)

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:03 am

Yeah, I'm guessing that'll remain an issue until NBA Live 19. I like the tuning to inside shots, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:43 am

The X wrote:I think tuning inside shots was good. Game plays a little better.

Shame they can't get teams playing their styles. I played against Rockets. All 2's instead of 3's

Do you play on default sliders?
ThaLiveKing

Postby iceinmyveins on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:47 am

ThaLiveKing wrote:
The X wrote:I think tuning inside shots was good. Game plays a little better.

Shame they can't get teams playing their styles. I played against Rockets. All 2's instead of 3's

Do you play on default sliders?
What's the latest version of your sliders, King? I gotta try something. I luckily won against the Clippers in my first franchise mode game with my Lakers (that I've started now that trade deadline is over), went on a run. But golly, I couldn't make a 3PTer to save my life. Part of it might be the shot meter and me sucking at it, but I swear, dude, "play now" has a totally different feel to it. Defensive animations are faster, everything seems more fluid? Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'm having trouble rotating to the corner on shooters (luckily they miss sometimes). When I play against the Warriors with my Spurs in "play now", I feel more in control. Not sure what the different is? I had tinkered with sliders earlier after I first got the game, but default sliders seemed to work well enough in "play now" at least. I read somewhere about franchise mode having different gameplay style?

TL;DR: Your latest sliders?
iceinmyveins

Postby iceinmyveins on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:52 am

Not sure when it changed, but Lonzo's fade look is nice. (Y) I told the wife that I feel glad for purchasing Live again. Burned out on 2K, might get 2K18 later down the road, but definitely going to keep at this franchise mode plan for my Spurs and Lakers. I love the graphics of this game! That baseline camera is the s--t! :bowdown: See the scuff marks on the court, the net swishing, just the presentation.

...But having some sliders knowledge to make the gameplay less frustrating (missing good shots, in my opinion, and I generally take good shots). I'm still struggling with "guarded" on my shot attempts when my guy is a good distance from the defender, etc.

Anybody experiment with "rating only" on shooting?

I also got like five offensive rebounds in a row during that win vs Clippers, but then other times I can't rebound at all. I raised the game speed to 86 I believe and *my* 3PT shooting to 70 or 80 and I still barely hit threes. KCP was my best shooter, if that tells you all you need to know!

:shock:
iceinmyveins

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:03 am

There were a lot of likeness updates in the last update, I believe that's when Lonzo's new face came through.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.13)

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:32 pm

I guess it's not really a big deal at this juncture, but for the sake of accurate records, a new patch (1.13) came out earlier this week. Basically just a data update, probably the final one for NBA Live 18.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live 18