Warriors vs. Cavaliers, Again?

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Will the Warriors and Cavs reach the NBA Finals again this year?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:45 am

Yes
40%
No
20%
Warriors yes, Cavs no
30%
Cavs yes, Warriors no
10%

Total votes : 10

Re: Warriors vs. Cavaliers, Again?

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:09 am

I think the Rockets have a decent chance, as do the Raptors and Celtics, but I'd still pick the Warriors and Cavs at this juncture. If there is going to be an unexpected result, I'd say it's going to be in the East.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jackie Kong on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:41 am

I think Warriors will win the title without much effort. Feel like whatever problem they are having right now is because they want the season to finish already so they can get to the real business. They probably stopped caring about it after they broke Bulls record but lost the title.
I bet their biggest concern right now is to stay healthy.
Jackie Kong

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:24 am

The Raptors have a better chance of reaching the ECF than the Celtics reaching the NBA Finals.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:56 pm

You guys are forgetting how players like Harden & Lowry get during the Playoffs with all this Rockets-Raptors talk.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby NovU on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:56 pm

How about the Spurs vs Celtics finals? Two teams I thought were gonna suck this year but surprisingly remained relevant.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:03 pm

I feel like the Celtics aren't being given enough of a chance to come out of the East, though they obviously aren't Playoff tested. The Spurs seem like they might've finally reached the point where their roster is a bit too old, thin, and banged up to make a lot of noise, and they've struggled as of late. With that being said, it seems Kawhi is coming back after all, so I suppose you can't sleep on them. I liked their chances better last year, though.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:29 am

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:24 pm

The Raptors have a better chance of reaching the ECF than the Celtics reaching the NBA Finals.

I think it's about equal. I don't see the Cavs overpowering the Celtics like last year, the C's have more size and length this year. I also think if Hayward does come back to play on the second unit, it gives the second unit a hell of a boost. However, even if he doesn't come back, I think they can still compete and possibly take them down. And I like the Raptors, but I don't see them beating Boston in a seven game series. Hell of a regular season team, though.

Postby Marco20 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:41 pm

I think Warriors will win the title without much effort.

I actually think the Rockets give them a tough time, I don't think it will be a cakewalk. I like the additions of PJ Tucker (toughness), Mbah a Moute, and the experience they added in general. They have been pacing Nene through the whole season, making sure he's fully healthy and ready for the playoffs, he could be a big difference maker in that series (Like he was last year against the Thunder). I wouldn't put it past Houston to push the Warriors to 6 or even 7 games.

The Thunder won't lie down for anyone, either. I agree with Pierce who said that no team wants to see the Thunder in the playoffs. While not deep enough, they have the ability (As shown against the Warriors twice this season, and against the Cavs) to dominate. A lot of playoff experience on that team, and A LOT of talent in that starting five. That's another team that I don't think the Warriors would cakewalk over, especially if they get hot at the right time.

Lets not forget what the Spurs were doing to the Warriors (In GS) before Zaza pulled his bullshit on Kawhi. The Warriors are not invincible.

Postby NovU on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:56 am

How about the Spurs vs Celtics finals? Two teams I thought were gonna suck this year but surprisingly remained relevant.

I havn't seen anyone, met anyone, or read a comment from anybody that thought the Celtics would suck this season, even after Hayward went down. They still had the pieces to be a playoff team and compete night in and night out. I would have ventured to guess 45 to 50 wins even without Hayward. And 45 to 50 wins does not mean a team sucks. What Orlando and Phoenix are doing, that is sucking.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackie Kong on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:47 am

Dee4Three wrote:I havn't seen anyone, met anyone, or read a comment from anybody that thought the Celtics would suck this season, even after Hayward went down.

Over RealGm Celtics forum some were already prepared to tank after they lost the first 2 games and Hayward. :mrgreen:

About Spurs and celtics chances of reaching the finals, I don't see it. I follow the 2 teams and I don't think they have much room for improvement left this season. However, that might change depending on how Leonard returns from his injury and how he fits with his teammates.

I do hope for a Spurs-Celtics final though! Popovich vs Stevens!
Jackie Kong

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:20 am

Marco20 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:I havn't seen anyone, met anyone, or read a comment from anybody that thought the Celtics would suck this season, even after Hayward went down.

Over RealGm Celtics forum some were already prepared to tank after they lost the first 2 games and Hayward. :mrgreen:

About Spurs and celtics chances of reaching the finals, I don't see it. I follow the 2 teams and I don't think they have much room for improvement left this season. However, that might change depending on how Leonard returns from his injury and how he fits with his teammates.

I do hope for a Spurs-Celtics final though! Popovich vs Stevens!

That's crazy, they should be ashamed of themselves for calling for a tank. It would have to be the most obvious tank (Even more than Chicago), because the Celtics actually have a lot of good players. Also, a huge difference between a team that sucks, and a team that is intentionally sucking. The team without Hayward still has a ton of talent, so I'll say that again, I havn't heard anybody say the team would suck, even after Hayward went down. When they were talking about tanking, they were probably saying that "You are not going to beat the Cavs, you are not going to beat the Warriors, and you will not beat the Raptors, better to fold the season".

And sorry to the Bulls fans, but the team HAS to be pretty bad (And have major issues) if they are sitting Robin Lopez because they think he will hurt the tank. Because in reality, Lopez is one of the Bulls better players, that's when you know your team kind of sucks (Sorry, Andrew).

I would love to see a Spurs vs Celtics finals. And I agree that the Celtics have shown how good they can be already, it won't get better, but that good is still pretty damn good on a lot of nights.

And I feel like we havn't seen enough of the Spurs with Leonard this season (Certainly not a healthy one), so it's hard to tell.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackie Kong on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:59 am

The thing is there wasn't much to expect from Tatum when season started. He had a good summer camp but so did J.Bayless when he was a rookie, lol. Tatum was really an x-factor in those first 20 games or so. Reminded me of the role Harrison Barnes played in the first half of the 73-9 Warriors season. A glue guy that did a bit of everything efficiently.

But anyway, back to topic while I don't think there is much room for improvement for the Celtics this season I do agree that it is a wide open race in the East.
Last edited by Jackie Kong on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jackie Kong

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:14 am

Marco20 wrote:The thing is there wasn't much to expect from Taytum when season started. He had a good summer camp but so did J.Bayless when he was a rookie, lol. Taytum was really an x-factor in those first 20 games or so. Reminded me of the role Harrison Barnes played in the first half of the 73-9 Warriors season. A glue guy that did a bit of everything efficiently.

But anyway, back to topic while I don't think there is much room for improvement for the Celtics this season I do agree that it is a wide open race in the East.

Totally agree about Tatum, he came out of the gate better than most people expected. I think we knew he would contribute (Even start), but not play at such a high level and shoot such high percentages the first quarter of the season. But, teams that go streaking are scary (Like the Celtics, Thunder, Jazz, etc). Because if you face those teams in the postseason and they get hot again, find that groove, it makes them a really tough out.

Agreed about the East.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:59 am

Andrew wrote:I feel like the Celtics aren't being given enough of a chance to come out of the East, though they obviously aren't Playoff tested..

they do have their fair share of question marks

i like the way the Raptors are playing. Casey, great job
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:35 am

No offense taken, Dee. If anything, with the number one pick on the line and so many teams racing to the bottom, I'm disappointed that the Bulls aren't doing worse. If the goal was to bottom out, they could be doing a better job of it.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:50 am

Marco20 wrote:

Over RealGm Celtics forum some were already prepared to tank after they lost the first 2 games and Hayward. :mrgreen

I dont know why dee the forum idiot keeps stalking me but many expected celts to be worse this year with revamped roster. Its not like everyone expected horford to resurrect his career, scrubs to play this well, Taytum to be a plus rookie from get go.

People with short term memory dont remember I understand.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:55 am

NovU wrote:I dont know why dee the forum idiot

Knock it off. I'm not going to warn you again about personal attacks and picking fights.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:05 am

Andrew wrote:I'm disappointed that the Bulls aren't doing worse. If the goal was to bottom out, they could be doing a better job of it.

If the Bulls are not careful managing the tank they might end up like the Celtics who abandoned the process a season or two early because they somehow managed to end up as the eight seed.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:10 am

At least the Celtics had the Nets' picks. I don't think the Pelicans pick is going to drop into the lottery somehow, but I'd be surprised if the Bulls had a good enough run to sneak into the Playoffs themselves. It'd take a complete meltdown from the Heat, Pistons, and Hornets, anyway.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:38 pm

To be honest, this Cavs team is reminding of the teams from when before LeBron left more than anything; you think they've got a clear path to the Finals, but could easily have their parade rained on by Boston, Toronto, etc. I still think Kryrie has something up his sleeve.
[Hyperize]

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:49 pm

NovU wrote:
Marco20 wrote:

Over RealGm Celtics forum some were already prepared to tank after they lost the first 2 games and Hayward. :mrgreen

I dont know why dee the forum idiot keeps stalking me but many expected celts to be worse this year with revamped roster. Its not like everyone expected horford to resurrect his career, scrubs to play this well, Taytum to be a plus rookie from get go.

People with short term memory dont remember I understand.

I responded to two other people's comments on that same post I made, please stop with the stalker thing, it's unfounded.

It's Tatum, not Taytum.

And even if people thought that Tatum would not be this impactful, or Horford only to acheive what he did last year (he was good last year, mind you) nobody should say they thought they would suck, that's what I'm getting at.

Same with Pops Spurs, I mean... it's Pops Spurs. I think the last time they sucked is when Pop was an executive and Bob Hill was the coach, and David Robinson was injured the whole season paving the way for an elder Nique to play a ton of minutes, and win only 20 games. That was the 96-97 season.

Pop gets the best out of his players, that's just what he does. The exception is how he used Aldridge last year, which he admitted to and fixed this year.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackie Kong on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:07 pm

Dee4Three wrote:It's Tatum, not Taytum.

That's my fault. I said Taytum twice. Already edited my original post. :facepalm2:
Jackie Kong

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:10 pm

Marco20 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:It's Tatum, not Taytum.

That's my fault. I said Taytum twice. Already edited my original post. :facepalm2:

No worries. His first name is what throws people off. It's not your fault someone else spelt it wrong, though.

Regardless, I was just correcting it. No malicious intent.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:14 pm

Deleted
Last edited by NovU on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Sauru on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:21 pm

NovU wrote: Taytum to be a plus rookie from get go.

some of us were hyped about tatum from the start and thought he was the right player for us. i would say as of now we have been correct however he is playing above my expectations, or i should saying playing at this level earlier than i thought he would be. a lot of that has to be due to the playing time received because of the hayward injury
Sauru

Postby NovU on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:24 pm

Way above expectations otherwise we knew he was kinda nba ready. He also is the reason why I brought up LBJ class of draft. This year's rookies are amazing Ofc tho simmons is the best player so far.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:33 pm

NovU wrote:Way above expectations otherwise we knew he was kinda nba ready. He also is the reason why I brought up LBJ class of draft. This year's rookies are amazing Ofc tho simmons is the best player so far.

He's averaging 13 points, 5 rebounds and 1 assist. That's not way above expectations, in fact I would venture to guess that most people would have predicted around that production if they were told he would get the minutes he is getting, which is 30.7 mpg. As stated above, I think he is doing better than what a lot of people thought (especially out of the gate), but he isn't WAY outperforming his original stock, his numbers also show that.

Not trying to nitpick what you say, just trying to get around the exaggerations.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball