Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Live Ultimate Team - How is your team doing?

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:35 pm

I'd take Yao over Howard as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:33 am

Now these are the pulls we're talking about!

RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:29 am

Oh nice I forgot to check my Mitchell and LeBron cards last night. His wing scorer form is now one of the best cards in the game. I think I can safely sell my tmac card. Speaking of which, looks like his rockets version isn't quite as good as the magic one. Curious to see yaos card
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:48 am

Somebody pulled Yao, and here are his stats

Positives: 99 Defense, 90 Rebounding, and he's 7'6''

Negatives: Slower than Divac, 46 MIDRANGE?! He should have about an 89 in midrange with these stats

RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:08 am

LMAO 46 mid-range
He was hitting fadeaways with ease from midrange.
This is particularly funny especially with them overrating basically all of the legends to this point. I think this is a case of them giving shit ratings in other areas to balance his good ratings and to keep his overall lower. And I mean he was a little slower but he was so big. He was too quick for his own good that his body broke down because it couldn't handle how quick he was at that size. It's almost as if they had just copied manute bols stats over
Well, at least he isn't that great of a card so I should be able to find him for cheap in the AH instead of dropping 35k on the pack
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:20 am

Good luck finding Yao cheap. Lowest I've seen him go was like 180k. Pretty sure his price will drop later on.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:08 am

Wow, I'm definitely going to wait as he's not really a must have for me. I'm shocked at how much the prices have come down. I paid like 135 for sonics Kemp but now I'm seeing him at 35-50

One guy put his bird at 500k and buy it now at 9996000 lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:44 am

imo Bird doesn't seem like he's a must-have, especially since I keep hearing that EA usually releases two versions of him in Ultimate Team, and people are speculating that this Larry is his older version. He certainly looks like Larry towards the end of his career, but compare how he looks on the All-Time 80's squad, and he looks like prime Larry with the mullet haircut. I think we'll get that Bird, along with the 60's Celtics possibly on a St.Patrick's Day event.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:27 am

I wouldn't take their in game appearance too seriously as plenty of players don't look like their pictures. For example Mitch Richmond isn't bald like he is on his card. I'm guessing this is because they are reusing cyberfaces from older games but with new pictures that don't match. But I wouldn't be surprised if they had a younger bird like you said. His ratings aren't as good as you would expect.

I could see him being a part of a second Celtics legends week like how the Lakers should be getting a second one
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:51 am

I wasn't referring to the card portraits, but the CF's themselves. Right now, the obtainable Larry Bird's ingame CF has short hair, but the (for now) NPC Bird present in the Master Challenge appears with his mullet ingame.

This is how Larry looks as the legend card. It's not the same CF as his younger counterpart.

It's the same with Julius Erving, where his 76ers card ingame has short hair, but on the 70's All-Stars, he rocks the afro from when he played in the ABA/early years on the Sixers.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:20 am

Yes, that's what makes me think Dr J will be on the nets legends. Especially since he's wearing #32
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:34 am

Awesome pull with Hakeem and T-Mac. Going to have to try my luck.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby matmat66 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:47 am

Was not as lucky as Shinron. I got T-Mac and Robert Horry. I put T-Mac up for auction since I already have his Magic version with better stats. The only upside of Horry is is 97% Three point rating :D
matmat66

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:55 am

Yeah see that's what I'm saying. Overrated. There's no way you could ever make the argument that Horry was even close to Curry as far as 3 point shooting, and he's given a 97? And then you get Yao 's mid rating
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:10 am

I do have to agree in that aspect. Even Hersey Hawkins has an over exaggerated 3pt rating (a 98 to be exact), and Curry's best is a 96. The one thing I can say positive that LUT did with Yao was not giving him a speed of about 34, unlike 2K18.

As much as I agree with a majority of the legends being overrated, I can't complain too much, especially since like 40 players can compete on Steph's level of three balls in MyTeam. Still, though, Horry should not have a 97 3pt rating, and not only Yao, but Hakeem, and even David Robinson should all have better midrange ratings.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:49 am

I kind of like that they've made the Legends appealing and special to play with, but yeah, I'd prefer a little more accuracy.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:53 am

I'm seeing people on Twitter left and right having a meltdown over the stats. Earlier today, I've seen people post images of their pulls, but ever since people have started complaining, nobody's posted a single pull. It's gotten to the point where some people won't buy the legend pack to receive "broken legends", and claim that EA disrespects said legend players.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:20 pm

Player ratings are serious business in sports gaming, to say the least.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:59 pm

There is a delicate balance as you said you want to make them special. I actually like grant hill but his ratings weren't as good as I thought they would be so I never bothered. Unfortunately I can't find him in the AH anymore.

Right now there's a ton of rockets tmacs and Horrys. I'd hate to have pulled one of those. People are charging way too much for yao but there's a few sensible auctions for him right now
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:12 pm

Apparently people are so upset at Hakeem's stats, that they are putting him up for around 60k in the XB1 version of the game, claiming that he has "bad stats." Sure he doesn't have his midrange game, but people also seem to forget that you don't need 99 defense to block almost anything. My Hero Embiid card with an 82 defense can get a good number of blocks, and I put Olajuwon to test last night, and he ended with 8 blocks (Shaq usually gets around 6-8 as well).

Since the inside game was nerfed in the last update, people are also calling him useless when playing the post game, but if you think about it, even if he gets a 99 post rating, it's not going to help much, since even the best post players now aren't dead accurate inside anymore.
RayRay_953

Postby zzcoolj21 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:10 am

Yao is going for so much because I'm pretty sure the blocking system factors in player height as much, if not more than blocking stats. It's part of the reason why you can almost never dunk on players in head to head if the player attempting the dunk isn't close to the same height or taller. No matter the finishing stat it will get blocked 9 times out of 10. So Yao and Bol being 3-4 inches taller than the next tallest players in the game should make them shot blocking machines.

I haven't tested this too much so It's just a theory. I'll have to look into it.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby [Q] on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:43 am

Wilkins and Mitchell got a few dunks in when I played the challenge (which is on pro difficulty) but otherwise had their shit swatted by yao most of the time. I then proceeded to rain down 3s on them with curry and Mitchell to avoid the inside.

I don't understand how the auctions work. Last night I lost out on two 20,000 coin auctions for yao. Every time I bid at the last second they add more time to let others bid. But if I don't exit and search again, it'll tell me I'm winning and won't show me any new bids or add time and it'll time out and it'll say I lost afterwards. On the last one I literally searched again with less than 5 seconds left and was still winning and somehow the dude bid inside those last 5 seconds, didn't add any time on the clock, and I lost it
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:42 am

I might consider picking up Yao. Not only is he going to be cheese, but he looks much more like himself than he does in 2K.

Edit: I posted my Dawkins card if anybody is interested in him. 18k starting bid, and 25k buy now; it's the cheapest one on the AH.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:56 am

Dawkins stats are pretty good. I've thought about picking him up before. I went ahead and bought yao at 40k buy it now since he was going in the 30s in auction.

Set up my lineup and I had a big glut at sf with wilkins LeBron tmac pippen and I had to try to get Rice into the lineup so I sold my tmac for 75. Getting Shaq and yao made Kemp or rodman expendable so I am auctioning rodman off
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:09 am

I sold my Pistons Rodman card for about 26k, which gave me 64k to spend. I was tempted to get Yao, but I decided to pick up the All-Star Joel Embiid card instead for 60k. Not only can he play Grade-A defense, but he's also got a solid midrange (which Yao should have too), and can hit the three when left wide open.

RayRay_953

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18