Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby air gordon on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:11 am

Marco20 wrote:
air gordon wrote:Dieng not so much. He still puts up good numbers when he's actually getting the time. To be fair Taj is playing well too

But Dieng's contract is huge specially if you consider big men are having a hard time getting paid lately. 4 years / $64M.

yeah that's a lot of money but the guy can play. its not like Deng or teammate Pekovic who are both rotting away on the bench (a few year now for PekPek). Does PekPek even go to the games anymore? same with deng?

Lol@magic. oh the more media savy Pelinka stepping in, trying to save face. maybe that's why Magic got fined.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:34 am

Andrew wrote:Luka Dončić?

just catching this... that's a pipe dream

tbh just someone at replacement level ability.. like a robin lopez type @sf. dont care if it's filled via free agency or trade. get it done
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:24 am

Probably the more realistic scenario. One can dream, but there's some stiff "competition" when it comes to tanking right now. Not that having the worst record guarantees the first pick, anyway. Maybe they'll have better luck beating the odds, so to speak.

It's strange that Magic doesn't have more media savvy. I mean, he's a reasonably smart and charismatic guy, a successful businessman, and he does have a history in broadcasting.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:55 am

Yep a lot of teams will be in it. Last chance to before the new anti tanking rules go in effect.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:00 am

shadowgrin wrote:Watched that Shaq-Kobe special.

We all know the trade that almost sent him to the Bulls in 2007 but Kobe mentioned another earlier instance of him going to the Bulls in 2004.

I'm guessing it might have involved Jamal Crawford, Tyson Chandler (doubt it would be Eddy Curry since Shaq would still be with the Lakers), 3rd pick in the draft (which became Ben Gordon), and some fillers to match salaries, maybe even Hinrich or the rookie Duhon since the Lakers needed a PG then.

slow news day. the local radio/pod guys are talking about it

bryant was at the peak of his adulterer and possible rape status. that would just be nutso to have to cheer for that guy
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:03 pm

So the tank war begins seriously now.

The Bulls have 8th worst record in the league as of now, this is gonna be fun. More reasons to play Payne.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:13 pm

There was one particularly ugly sequence from both teams that was making the rounds on social media. Bulls did the job, in the wrestling sense on this occasion.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:29 am

kudos to Portis. guy is a rotation player in this league
Jump.
air gordon

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:29 pm

RIP Lauri

phpBB [video]
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:49 pm

Vicious.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:03 pm

So Robin Lopez is a healthy DNP rest of the way? Does Felicio have a future in this league? Thought his ceiling as a bench warmer on a bad team and not a rotation player on contender.

Looks like Cameron Payne is in the rotation now that he's healthy. Dunn and Payne rest of the way, let's go.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:08 pm

Markkanen, LaVine, and Dunn have the brightest futures in my estimation. I don't have high hopes for Felicio.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackie Kong on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:10 am

Andrew wrote:Markkanen, LaVine, and Dunn have the brightest futures in my estimation. I don't have high hopes for Felicio.

Giving him such a big contract was a mistake I believe. I mean, he looks like the sort of player that could bring some solid energy off the bench for the right system. That is good but he got paid as a potential long term starting solution I think.
Jackie Kong

Postby air gordon on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:43 am

NovU wrote:So Robin Lopez is a healthy DNP rest of the way? Does Felicio have a future in this league? Thought his ceiling as a bench warmer on a bad team and not a rotation player on contender.

Looks like Cameron Payne is in the rotation now that he's healthy. Dunn and Payne rest of the way, let's go.

definitely a fixture on the payroll. $8mil per. not so bad or good. more importantly keeps the tank moving

Nwaba almost has to chill out or he's going to play himself into a decent contract the bulls won't pay
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:29 am

Marco20 wrote:
Andrew wrote:Markkanen, LaVine, and Dunn have the brightest futures in my estimation. I don't have high hopes for Felicio.

Giving him such a big contract was a mistake I believe. I mean, he looks like the sort of player that could bring some solid energy off the bench for the right system. That is good but he got paid as a potential long term starting solution I think.

With the way salaries have ballooned, it probably wasn't that bad. At least it was only for a couple of years, so they're not on the hook for too long.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:29 am

NBA Warns Bulls to Stop Resting Healthy Players Robin Lopez, Justin Holiday

So 3 worst teams will share 14% chance of landing top pick now. Don't need to be the absolute worst.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Jackie Kong on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:02 am

if the NBA really care about tanking they should develop a formula based on advanced stats and establish a range outside of which you are considered to be tanking. Maybe it sounds silly but the way they are handling it, just seems to me like they are pointing fingers at random people to make them look bad instead of themselves.
Jackie Kong

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:08 am

Marco20 wrote:

if the NBA really care about tanking they should develop a formula based on advanced stats and establish a range outside of which you are considered to be tanking. Maybe it sounds silly but the way they are handling it, just seems to me like they are pointing fingers at random people to make them look bad instead of themselves.

Crap, I'll have to stop using the very cheap Felicio in daily fantasy. I was looking forward to stacking my lineups around him.

They can't base it off of advanced stats, no way they could. It's also pretty obvious when teams are tanking (Chicago is a perfect example). But, just like steroid abuse, they can't bust everybody guilty in the league for it, otherwise you would have a lot of players suspended and it would look horrible for the league, and some of these players are probably big marketable names. So instead, they make it a point to use a player as an example (often times one you wouldn't expect, like Hedo Turkoglu) with the appearance of cracking down on it. The Bulls are that example in the tanking game.

Dallas never looked like they were tanking, and maybe they never did (Cuban said to Dr J that he had just discussed it with them at a dinner), unless you think them playing Maxi Kleiber was tanking... I don't think it was. That roster is just not very good.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:00 am

I guess the league can really only punish the most egregious examples, and when you've got a team that stopped playing a couple of healthy players more than twenty games out from the end of the regular season, it's rather obvious. You could argue that there's a legitimate reason for not playing healthy players, since it's not as though players don't fall out of the rotation, and if those guys aren't part of their future plans, it makes sense to give others a chance to see what they can do, and whether they should be kept around. Of course, it is quite obviously part of a tanking agenda, so the league probably isn't buying that one.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:29 am

i think it's laughable to tell the bulls to "play" average players like holiday & lopez. will the league start monitoring minutes played next? the tank rolls on anyway and even CP22 had a good game
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:24 am

A victory over the Hawks doesn't help the situation. Time to bring Eddie Robinson out of retirement.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:21 pm

With today's win, they've overtaken the Knicks. I'm reminded of "The Losing Edge" episode of South Park.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:15 am

Cameron Payne has been getting subtle boos from the crowd whenever he enters the game (In Chicago), but he's actually producing a bit shockingly.

Maybe he is a little more than Russ's old dance partner.

phpBB [video]
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:14 am

He is producing some career highs, but that isn't saying a whole lot.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:25 am

Sam Smith recaps John Paxson's exit interview

“The majority of this team and roster is going to come back,” Paxson said during a morning media conference in the Advocate Center. “Robin is obviously an important piece to our future. I feel really good about going into next season with Kris Dunn as our starter and Cameron Payne as our backup. I probably haven’t spoken enough about Lauri today. He is a cornerstone. Kris Dunn had stretches where he was terrific. But again he has to improve.”

I don't share his confidence in Cameron Payne.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball