Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:55 pm

I doubt the Lakers will kowtow to LaVar. I'd say everyone in the front office has more dignity and self-respect than that.

Ball brothers to the Knicks it is then.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Bruce on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:06 pm

I think the Lakers should try to just brainwash LaVar and use him as a mouth piece to do some tampering for the off-season. lol
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby Jackie Kong on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Bruce wrote:I think the Lakers should try to just brainwash LaVar and use him as a mouth piece to do some tampering for the off-season. lol

Like that idea. Wonder if he would scare away those targets though. But it is not like they have much to lose at this point. :mrgreen:
Jackie Kong

Postby Jackal on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:09 am

Lakers have been ass on defense in back to back games now. Down 23 in the first just shouldn't happen. They were 3rd in defensive efficiency during the 12-4 stretch.

What the fuck was with all the techs this game? Refs want 0 emotions out there, damn. Whistle happy much?

I hope Ball comes back after the all star break and the group picks up defensively again. Last two outings have been piss poor effort on that end.
Jackal

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:11 am

Officiating has been pretty woeful this year. When a coach can get T'd up for yelling at his own player, you know they're far too trigger happy on that call. The best thing you can say about the officiating is that pretty much every team has been hit by it at one point or another this season.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:14 am

It's crazy though. Double tech on IT and Rondo. Then Rondo doesn't leave the court = tech. Rondo doesn't leave the court so IT keeps word vomiting = tech.

Kuzma jumps up and runs away after an iffy call = tech. Luke was already fuming about the previous techs double tech gtfo. Seriously?

The league needs to address this shit at some point.
Jackal

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:24 am

That's what bugs me about Silver. Under his watch, the league is making changes to things like uniform designations and nomenclature, or considering crazy ideas like implementing a four point line in the All-Star game, but they're not addressing some long-standing issues with officiating. Whether it's referees being too hot-headed and willing to give out technical fouls over nothing, inconsistent calls, or problematic rules, there's stuff that needs to be looked at before uniforms and the like.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:03 am

steve javie needs to put the zebra stripes back on. really, coaches and players knew to zip it when he was officiating

bad officiating and players/coaches complaining is a viscious cycle.

Quinn Snyder or was it the Utah GM who would take video footage of "missed calls" against Jazz players and send it to the league. that seems like a great idea the teams all should try instead of all the bithcing and moaning on the court.

while there are some bad calls, it's really embarassing that the players and coaches bitch so often.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:30 am

Andrew wrote:That's what bugs me about Silver. Under his watch, the league is making changes to things like uniform designations and nomenclature, or considering crazy ideas like implementing a four point line in the All-Star game, but they're not addressing some long-standing issues with officiating. Whether it's referees being too hot-headed and willing to give out technical fouls over nothing, inconsistent calls, or problematic rules, there's stuff that needs to be looked at before uniforms and the like.

Man, the uniforms bug me so much. I think the Lakers have worn their away purple like 4-5 times this year. I just don't understand the reasoning behind it. If it ain't broken..

while there are some bad calls, it's really embarassing that the players and coaches bitch so often.

This is so very true. You don't need to bark after every god damn call. Just play. I think Jokic (or someone else?) recently said I'm just going to stop doing it. It has no effect, they don't change the call and it just negatively impacts the game. What also irritates me is how much the refs let slide with some players and some others can't say shit. The amount of bullshit Draymond Green spews off that dude should be ejected every game. Boogie got a scowl? Tech.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:37 am

Jackal wrote:Lakers have been ass on defense in back to back games now.

That's what happens when you trade a defensive stud like Clarkson. :cry:

Man Lakers were on pace to contend for a playoff spot before these last two losses lol
Would it have killed anyone to just roll the dice with the group we had? Especially with Ball coming back eventually, it would've been a bonus on top of the great play we had been seeing

I guess a positive has been kuz's resurgence now that Nance isn't taking his playing time
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:08 am

Was the latest magic tampering fine legit this time??

And is majinka a real nickname in laker nation?
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:28 am

Lol Clarkson and defensive stud. That's funny.

Who the heck knows. Magic being fined has become so routine it seems.

No idea about Laker nation, heard it on the LFR podcast once and it just stuck for me.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:49 am

No excuses for the last game, but Clarkson and his height is better suited for the Lakers switching everything on defense than IT
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Stress Fracture on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Jackal wrote:
Man, the uniforms bug me so much. I think the Lakers have worn their away purple like 4-5 times this year. I just don't understand the reasoning behind it. If it ain't broken..

I'm still not used to the Lakers wearing their whites on the road lol
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:59 pm

Yeah, it's weird.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:35 am

maginka. strange to me.

no win but you guys got to see the purple uni's

Twolves are great at home. Buckets and Jamal, baby!
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:07 am

Samn, Jimmy and Jamal roasted their asses.

Q I'll agree on that, holy balls is Thomas terrible on defense, my god. He isn't making up for it on the offensive end shooting 3/15 with 5 turnovers either. Was a winnable game.

At least I got to hear Kevin Harlan orgasm over Zubac.

No way in hell should IT be brought back. That guy went from max money (by desperate teams) to under 10 million so fast.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:00 am

lol not even 5 games in and your mind is made up. i hope he latches on to a team that has the patience to let him actually rehab. imagine if he returns to form and some team picked him up on a 2yr contract.

KAT got held in check for the most part. thought LA had that one then boom, Jamal heats up and Buckets closed it out. Wow. great close out game before the all star break
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:22 am

Will any amount of rehab really help his inability to play in a defensive system that relies heavily on switching?

I hope he's the Bulls starting PG after this season.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:46 am

Jackal wrote:Samn, Jimmy and Jamal roasted their asses.

Q I'll agree on that, holy balls is Thomas terrible on defense, my god. He isn't making up for it on the offensive end shooting 3/15 with 5 turnovers either. Was a winnable game.

At least I got to hear Kevin Harlan orgasm over Zubac.

No way in hell should IT be brought back. That guy went from max money (by desperate teams) to under 10 million so fast.

That's why I wasn't sad that dlo was traded because he is the same type of player that shoots you out of a game and we had drafted another pg to replace him. Plus, the added bonus of unloading Moz for an expiring contract
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:37 am

good question, jack
IT on a 2 year near MLE dollar amount with the 2nd year being a team option? i'm in
Jump.
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:36 am

I mean, as a last resort yes if LeBron, pg, etc all spurn the Lakers
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackie Kong on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:21 am

I think Lakers should buy out Thomas. He is a drama queen that brings 0 defense and might have lost his offense.
Right now, he can only hurt them by adding dysfunctionality off the court and on the defensive end. Basically, when you have Thomas on your team you have to add 1 defensive scheme for all the time he is on he court...

Then again, I am no Lakers fan so they can give him the Brinks truck as far as I am concerned. :mrgreen:
Jackie Kong

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:32 am

Thing is, he's a free agent at the end of the season. They can just let him walk if things don't get better.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackie Kong on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 am

Andrew wrote:Thing is, he's a free agent at the end of the season. They can just let him walk if things don't get better.

Yeah, even more reason to cut him. :cheeky: The way I see it, they have 2 trouble makers now. Lavar and Thomas. Lavar wont go anywhere. :mrgreen: The other, you just have to let him go.
Jackie Kong

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball