NBA 1996 by Laroche23 and Iron Knight RELEASED

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA 1996 by Laroche23 and Iron Knight RELEASED

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:52 am

No worries, again. Thank you.

Sorry if I came at you a little hard, while I stand by my convictions, I could have Pm'd you first. So I will apologize for that.

I take a ton of pride in my roster, as you both should as well. These projects are not only time consuming, they are life consuming. My Fantasy Draft Roster and All Time Teams roster (With 100% portraits, zero CAPS and zero lookalikes) took SO MUCH TIME. My Draft roster, which also has no CAPS or lookalikes, added over 150 players to the roster, and the players are very accurate, and almost every single player in the roster has a portrait.

I refuse to let anybody insult the quality of my work, especially when they don't have it installed 100% correctly as it is. I never insulted your work, or IronKnights. You guys killed it, so he was completely out of line with that.

Leanback, have you even downloaded (Correctly, hopefully) my all time teams roster or draft roster? Do you have any clue how long these projects take when they are done right? Those rosters are COMPLETE. Those also took hundreds and hundreds of hours.

Laroche and IronKnight, good luck if you guys decide to create more seasons. I realized that I had about 13 teams (give or take a year on a couple) for 05-06, am considering a 05-06 Season roster.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:56 am

it´s all fine with me brother ...u should take pride in ur work..i know first hand how much is involved..

We´re actually working on more retro seasons rosters (from 91-98 ) do u have some finished draft classes ?
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:01 am

No draft classes, as I never got into the draft classes aspect.

Ill let you guys know if I move forward with a single season roster though, maybe we can collaborate.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:40 am

that would be a honor. :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2:

.any updates on the edited bodies ?
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:05 am

Forgot all about that.

I'll be releasing an update to my roster once I add more teams (previews are on my thread). I've updated like 50-100 bodies, they will included in that updated.

It basically gets rid of the skinny body type entirely. Which is huge.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:17 am

Leanback wrote:i would like to give my 2 cents on this issue, not that i am bias, but i´ve been folowwing Laroche23 work since the xbox360 ..and one thing i´ve noticed he´s a man of integrity , and the way dee4three portrays him is also completely misleading, as if he stole all ur work , without ur consetment, i guess he did asked u b4 he started his roster.

on the first page, its clearly indicated that he used ur roster as a base, what else do u want ? everyone with an open mind, understands that a roster includes a lot of other things involved... had he not done it, u would have a point ..definetely..maybe the way he did it was not to ur liking ? then u should have said that from the beginning..but obviously u did not ....

its not that u ´re not right, let´s be clear here, its just the way u ´re portraying him is really unfair to him and Ironknight considering the amount of work they have done...its simply tremendous............... the assumption that he used all ur portraist withtout u verifying is also wrong, i ve downloaded the roster and the files my self ..it contains
over 200 portraits ( he used 21 of urs, that represent under 1 % ..i consider it a few )
he used 39 players from ur roster (with ur permission ) and they created over 200 CAPS , 200 !!!!! thats simply a lot , considering u hsve a lot of look a like on ur roster (not blaming at all , even tough some of them were simply wrong , at the top of my head u had Gary grant look a like , who is a black , as a half white / black Cf... that is simply wrong, and u used same CFS for different players etc...........example chris Morris and Voshon lenard ..just to name of few..)

i also consider it a few....

they created jerseys, some courts , nba on nbc theme etc,, custom presentation ,soundtracks etcc.......

i´ve never seen such a complete roster beside the URB, u guys act like u re the only ones who can modd ...

the other thing i agree whit u is that Ironknight should have detailled the credits on his site, thats is just wrong on his part..maybe they forgot..... i dont think they wanted to take
credit ..if Laroche23 says he did not knew. i believe him......

also the assumption , that if they removed ur stuffs, his roster would be bone naked. its just wrong , Ironknight clearly has modding skills, but they did not botther to create something that was there already ,like ur courts and PeacemanNOT jerseys....and i assume they got permission for that ...

I JUST THNIK THE WAY YOU PORTRAY THEM IS REALLY UNFAIR , the work they have done is amaztng to say the least, i a enjoying evry bit of bit , u guys did an amazing job (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) :applaud: :applaud: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown2: :bowdown2:

So, this is interesting...

The issues with permission and appropriate credits is bad enough, but it looked like that was being sorted out to everyone's satisfaction. Using a sock puppet account to defend the practice and attack other people, though? Second accounts are against the rules as it is, but that's pretty low. That's not how we do things in our community.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:34 pm

Laroche, you should be ashamed of yourself. I gave you a few hours to respond before saying something.

Something seemed off about LeanBacks post, not only were things made up about my roster, but the post seemed intentionally out of control. So I messaged Andrew and asked him if it was from the same IP address as you, turns out my suspicions were right. How dare you? You pretend to be a nice guy and a "peacemaker", at the same time attacking me with a phony account pretending to be someone else? What kind of person are you?

I want you to wrap your selfish brain around that for a moment. You made comments like you would be honored to work with me, and the roster wouldn't be possible without me, and at the same time switching to a fake account to pump yourself up, support yourself, and attack me.... you are literally somebody that I will never work with on here, and I would have NOTHING to do with you in real life. What you pulled is pure scum, you are scum for that move. And, here is the best part. You thought you were outsmarting me the whole time, but I was on to you, and Andrew confirmed that. Creating duplicate accounts is against the rules, you should be banned. But, lets take a look at that for a second.

This is what you pulled on page 2 with your fake account:

So you switched to your fake account, to support yourself, and get someone else banned for what you called stolen work. When in reality, you were also breaking the rules with a duplicate account and should have been banned... hmmm.. not so smart are you? Not only that, you used the fake account to pressure Andrew into a ban, Im sure that himself and the other moderators don't take that lightly. And stolen works? you mean like a site that says the roster was 100% created by you and IronKnight, with no credits for all the other work done on the roster (Not even the base)? Are you that selfish and stupid? I want you to think about that for a moment before you go on reading......

We have established that you and IronKnight have a site that gives no credit to the others involved in the roster, we have established that you created a fake account to attack me and make things up about my roster and to pump yourself up and make yourself look good, that you got someone banned by using that fake account to push Andrew in the direction of banning, you didn't give adequate credit on the first page of this thread, you played good cop bad cop against me with the fake account, and that you (or ironknight, or both) bribe people by stating if you get 500 downloads, you will lessen the amount of adfly links. Did I miss anything in regards to the amount of bullshit, selfish, scum crap that you pulled?

So lets backpedal a bit here. I now have zero respect for this project, absolutely ZERO. I want all of my files removed from the project. This includes the 20+ portraits you used, all the converted courts you used, the logos you used, and the players you used. I am sure Sko would 100% agree about those courts, because he would never work with the likes of you. in regards to PeacemanNOTs work, I consider him a stand up guy as well, and I would expect that he would want all of his work removed from this roster as well, but he is his own person and can make his own decisions regarding that. So that is up to him. I expect those files to be removed ASAP, and the roster taken down until you have all of your own work in it. If thats not done and you just disappear, I can guarantee nobody will ever want to work with you again on anything. Unfortunately, I can't undo the cheat engine stuff i did for you, If i could, I would.

To give everybody an idea how much Laroche is a shithead for what he pulled here, look at the messages I have received from him asking questions for help (This isnt even all of them)

So you want to ask me for help a ton of times, and ask me questions on how to do things, and use my roster as a base (And a lot of the files in it), but you treat me like that? What type of person does that? You repay me by creating an account to attack me and make things up about my work, and to pump yourself up, and to not give me credits, thats how you repay me? Anybody that works with you is an idiot. And, I am highly suspicious of IronKnight, as his page is the one without any credits, and asking for 500 downloads to lower adfly links. I would not work with either of you, ever.

Take my files out immediately, and take the roster down if any of them are still in there. You can put it back up once they are removed. I don't care if you give credits now, I don't work with people like you, and I won't allow my work to be used by people like you.

So no fixing it now. And you should be ashamed of yourself, and Ironknight should as well because of how he represented the work on his site. I hope a lot of other people see this and refuse to work with you guys. Thats really low.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby skoadam on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:40 pm

Laroche did the same with 2k13 or/and 2k14. I dont remember which roster he stole but im almost sure it was Med or Albys. Im too old for this, i recognize fake modders rly quick. Sometimes ban is not enough...
Image Image Image

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [41 Complete Seasons Mods + Bonus Rosters]

2022/2023 2021/2022 2020/2021 2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013
2011/2012 2010/2011 2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003
2001/2002 2000/2001 1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993
1991/1992 1990/1991 1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985 1969/1970 1961/1962
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor

Postby laroche23 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:09 pm

skoadam wrote:Laroche did the same with 2k13 or/and 2k14. I dont remember which roster he stole but im almost sure it was Med or Albys. Im too old for this, i recognize fake modders rly quick. Sometimes ban is not enough...

this is interesting @skodam..what are u talkin about ? i never made a roster on 2k13 or 14 on PC, this is the first time doing it on PC, b4 u make accusations ..be sure what u re talkin about about ? do u have proofs ? this is getting ridiculous .....
laroche23

Postby laroche23 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:19 pm

[quote="Dee4Three"

so now i am a scum bag,piece of shit etc.... just because i share the same ip adress with 2000 other students ? i know a thing or two about Ip , and i don´t know which tools Andrew has to identify people , we have an IT administrator and if u want he can confirm u everythin i said (just PM me ) i live in a student community and we all share the same IP adress (Germany ) ..i have no control about someone else activities ....its a shame it has turned to this .... @Dee4three u did not bothered asking me privately ? how can be 100 % sure about this ? we will remove ur stuffs ..no problem at all. my conscience is clean,since i know i ve done nothing wrong...
laroche23

Postby laroche23 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:29 pm

@ Andrew, as i´ve said, our IT administrator would confirm (with permission) would confirm that all students share the same IP adress...
i don´t appreciate the way i´ve been insulted and treated so far... the one and only time i id was @mr Paolo, because he clearly was not willing to respect the rules.

even criminals deserve the benefit of the doubt..this is just unfair to me ..same IP doesnt necessarly means same person... u should know better .
laroche23

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:57 pm

Well, I suppose when you've run a site as long as I have, you do tend to get a little cynical. After all, you've heard every excuse in the book. It is true that if you're on a school network, or use a friend or sibling's PC, there will be IP matches. That's certainly not unheard of, and it complicates things.

What is less common, however, is for two completely different people to use the exact same email handle, just at a different domain name.

[REDACTED IMAGES SHOWING IDENTICAL EMAIL HANDLES ON DIFFERENT DOMAINS FOR EACH ACCOUNT]

It is possible, I suppose, but the odds that those people would also happen to be at the same school are rather low, to say nothing of them then also coming to the same website, and the newer account signing up and joining in the conversation the same date as an incident that the first person wanted me to act on (November 15th). They also don't tend to use an identical writing style in their posts. With that many coincidences, I think any network administrator would say the same thing: that's a sock puppet account.

With all that in mind, it's tough to give the benefit of the doubt. I'd really much rather have an honest answer.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby laroche23 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:09 pm

for ur information , Nkossi (last name ) is a common name for people who come from the Democratic republic of Congo, which i am from.... we have other students that goes by the same name, don´t expect me to say something different from the truth..

i am congolese citizen (who studies and lives in Germany ) as well as other africans folks in a student network .... what more proofs do u guys want ? i dont have to share details about my private life, i certainly don´t appreciate ,my private email adresse to be seen by everyone, it violates my rights ....

there are many people who visit this website, without being registered..nu can definetelay check that .. maybe this guy on that day felt the need to say something ?

i stand by what i said... can u please mask my private email adress? thanks
laroche23

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:32 pm

And I certainly don't appreciate being taken for a fool and blatantly lied to.

It's a common name, fair enough. However, you're asking me to believe that two people with not only the same surname but also the same first initial, going to the same school at the same time, with a virtually identical email address, happened to go to the same website and get involved in the same discussion, with the second person just happening to register on the same day that an incident that upset the first person occurred. That is far too many coincidences to be plausible.

You certainly don't have to share any details about your private life. And I certainly don't have to believe the story you're trying to sell me, when there's overwhelming evidence to the contrary that cannot be explained except to say that it's all a huge coincidence. I've heard it all before.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby laroche23 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:42 pm

what benefits do i get from it ? seriously ? yes it´s a huge coincidence ...i ´ve seen it all.. u re based on coincidences , but no real proofs ......do u want me to ID the guy ? would u believe me then ? i will sent u a PM with his ID(and his permission ) if u like ..should i see him

i expect an apology once it´s all cleared up.

For my own safety, (reasons that i can not elaborate in public) i am beggin u to mask my private email adress....
laroche23

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:50 pm

What you can expect is to be banned if you don't fess up and tell the truth.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby laroche23 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:01 pm

i rather be banned , then telling lies ..no problem at all, u can ban me and close the thread .

* my only last question to u is ; are u 100 % sure i am not tellin the truth? i ve been a member on this forum since 2014, never ever had i been accused of something , after being noticed by Dee4three , we apologise and were ready to fix all issues, because of some huge coincidences regarding another user.. i am being ashamed and insulted and have to put my own safety into risk , ALL BECAUSE OF HUGE COINCIDENCES which i can´t explain .......i really dont c bseide the credits thing , what i have done wrong ..

but i wont say admit anything that i havent done , i am a man of faith and my credibility and integrity has been put into question ,because of a coincidence , no actuall evidences ..but just coincidences...

since u´re the administrator , u re in ur rights to ban me if u feel like it ...
i won´t contes it , i wont insult anyone . even if i feel my personal rights were violated .

Truthfully .

Laroche23
Last edited by laroche23 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laroche23

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:07 pm

So be it. I'll redact the images for privacy's sake, but if you're not going to fess up, then I guess there's nothing more to discuss.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby laroche23 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:19 pm

Ironknight and i agree on it, can u shut down the thread..since theres no need for it anymore.
laroche23

Postby PeacemanNOT on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:11 pm

So what exactly is going to happen to this mod that you've pieced together after this thread is shut down? Will it remain on moddingway and other various websites so you can force ad.fly links on people? I noticed some of my work in used in here... I think I did give permission for you to use it but in no way did I say you could cover it in ad.fly links. It such as scummy practice... I do use ad.fly links with my own mods but I only use one and even then I give people the opportunity to get past them with an ad blocker.

Also the whole account thing is mind blowing to me, but it's already been discussed so I won't dwell on it. All I have to say is that I no longer give you permission to use my work, whether it's with jerseys/courts/cyberfaces etc.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby laroche23 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:16 pm

everything will be shut down, big misunderstandig !
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:54 pm

Laroche, you will not get an apology, you are full of shit.

Same IP address, almost identical emails? There's a reason LeanBack only has 3 posts, and he hasn't replied to my comment. You are a liar, plain and simple.

The fact that you are denying the obvious is really sad. You have a lot of learning to do in life.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:55 am

laroche23 wrote:what benefits do i get from it ? seriously ? yes it´s a huge coincidence ...i ´ve seen it all.. u re based on coincidences , but no real proofs ......do u want me to ID the guy ? would u believe me then ? i will sent u a PM with his ID(and his permission ) if u like ..should i see him

For my own safety, (reasons that i can not elaborate in public) i am beggin u to mask my private email adress....

What benefits do you get? You get to make it look like you are being supported when you are really not (This most recent case, only LeanBack name came to your defense). It allows you to insult someone, and at the same time finesse them to look like the good guy. It allows you to have two people with the same stance in regards to a situation like banning Mr Palo, it allows you to make it look like you have been followed a respected since the XBOX360 days (Your comment using LeanBack), making you look respected when you are not.

Want any other reasons?

Are you this stubborn and dense? You literally got caught red handed with the double accounts (IDENTICAL email addresses), and the same IP Address. Give up, admit it, and move on. You will feel a lot better about yourself once you come clean. Everybody who reads this thread knows you created a second account to attack me and support yourself, it's literally black and white.

In regards to Sko and Albys roster or Meds, your first post was on Apr 2nd 2014, which was the height of NBA 2K14 for the PC. You stated on the UBR thread that you got a new PC specifically for that mod. So you were playing NBA 2K14 for the PC, and you were using the mods. So, I am not ruling out that you have pulled this type of stuff before, and I would take Skos word over yours because he has never steered me wrong.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:11 am

Also, one more thing.

This is in regards to IronKnight.

Through this entire ordeal, he has not said a word. You said he has been "away" for the week, but he's still been communicating with you with a computer. I can guarantee you he has access to the NLSC, so my only assumption could be that he hasn't decided to come on here at all because he doesn't want to be part of it.

IronKnight, it's your site (BlogSpot) that gives no credits, that's your words about the 500 downloads, you are the one who created that page that really set things off here. It's really insulting for you to just not comment, when this is clearly your thread (You started this thread). You should be on here apologizing, taking the links down, and removing that tab from your BlogSpot until its all you and Laroche's work. At the moment, you are not better than Laroche because you literally are just saying nothing.

You are clearly a talented modder, you have put up some solid work. But that means absolutely nothing if you don't give appropriate credits, use others work to get compensation, and basically disappear when there is conflict.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby laroche23 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:45 am

Dee4Three wrote:
laroche23 wrote:what benefits do i get from it ? seriously ? yes it´s a huge coincidence ...i ´ve seen it all.. u re based on coincidences , but no real proofs ......do u want me to ID the guy ? would u believe me then ? i will sent u a PM with his ID(and his permission ) if u like ..should i see him

What benefits do you get? i dont need any support ,to create a fake account just for someone to back me up ? ridiculous..chek the thread there was one or two other guys who were also defending me ..or did i created those also?

Are you this stubborn and dense? You literally got caught red handed with the double accounts (IDENTICAL email addresses), and the same IP Address. NOT true, ask Andrew (he has since removed the images because i felt my privacy was in danger ) this is what happens, when u have a common name and just folks form ur country livin in the same network ( we both have the identical surname and first name (i think his also starts with G)

In regards to Sko and Albys roster or Meds, your first post was on Apr 2nd 2014, which was the height of NBA 2K14 for the PC. You stated on the UBR thread that you got a new PC specifically for that mod. So you were playing NBA 2K14 for the PC, and you were using the mods. Yes BUT i NEVER published any rosters on PC (nlsc) u can check everywhere ..this is just a lie from Skos (who i actually don´t even know)

the rosters i usually posted where on consoles, check all pages if u like , u wont see any complaints (this is all i could find, check the pages and comments if u like )

https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... class.html

https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... plete.html

https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... e-who.html

this is the last time i am adressing this matter, this is not a life or a job,..its just a hobby... i guess the thread is still open and so people will still attack me , because of coincidences that were overwhelming in their eyes... no problems ...keep ahead .. i know the truth and this is what actually counts, regarding Ironknight i communicate privately with him, he´s aware and he will adress the problem..i am done with all of this , its just such a shame . we were working on great projects (OWN CREATED STUFFS) which i tought people would have appreciated ...whatever man @dee4three if u don´t believe me ....that´s life ....i still won´t insult or disrespect u..

cheers .. (Y)
laroche23

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding