Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby air gordon on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:31 am

Lol so IT is a 2 month rental then, huh

I don’t get the criticism on “he needs the ball to be effective”. Last year he was the only player in BOTH top 10 of USG and TS%. Top 10 in TS% ahead of the likes of superstars Curry, Lebron James, James Harden.

And even Sauru will agree that Boston had with IT playing off the ball/ Horford running offense.

Frye is trash. he can hit a 3 but his rim protection stinks. leave him in there against the inferior teams sure.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:09 am

With Hart and Ball, is IT really a necessity? I say s&t during off season for a max wing or big.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Jackal on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:27 am

What's the market for him after this? Lou Will got 8 per year, he sure as heck won't be getting the max.
Jackal

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:45 am

Jackal wrote:What's the market for him after this? Lou Will got 8 per year, he sure as heck won't be getting the max.

I think it depends on how healthy he shows he is for the next two months. If he can get even close to his C's form, he could get around the 8-12 mil a year I believe. However, if he doesn't show signs of improvement (Still looks slow, lacks the first step), he won't touch 8 mil a year in my opinion.

Any guy that shoots sub 40% from the floor, while being one of (or the) worst defenders in the NBA, doesn't deserve a good contract.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:59 am

If he can't put together a decent stretch to end the season, IT could find himself in the same position Derrick Rose was last year, accepting whatever he can get - including league minimum - just to latch on somewhere.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:09 am

Yikes, minimum. I don't think he'll get the minimum, there are still enough out there teams that will offer him more than the minimum just in hopes of him regaining some of his old form.

Do the Magic have a PG right now after trading away Hair Payton? Could easily see a team like that offering him between 10-14 million just because..

Anyways, enough future IT plans. Looking forward to Sunday's matchup, always nice seeing old man Dirk a few times a year.
Jackal

Postby NovU on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:54 am

Speaking of Payton, understandable Magic got rid of this young talent despite team going young. Inefficient long tall point guards that can't shoot seem to a common theme everywhere these days.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:34 am

hey dont be treading on my forum rights, i can discuss IT all i want haha

orlando should just tank and draft a pg. gee golly thats one team that has been in the lottery for several years but came away with only gordon as an asset

good get btw on the cavs 1st pick
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:24 am

Haha feel free, I was more speaking for myself. Last couple of posts from me were all IT related and the guy hasn't even played a game in Laker gear yet.

And even then I believe their whiteboard leak of a few years ago had Gordon being swapped for Saric I believe. Whoever their GM is, has to be on borrowed time.

The pick might just turn out to be the second best thing about this deal besides omg 2 max free agents cap space. It'll probably be on the late 20's but Jesse Buss and Ryan West have been pretty good at scouting/developing these young guys these last few years.
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:38 pm

I find it rather ironic that lavar ball kept saying that Boston shouldn’t draft lonzo because they already have a point guard and now that exact point guard will be backing up lonzo in LA not even a year later.
Sauru

Postby air gordon on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:55 pm

Ha I'm just saying... IT wasn't perceived as having a bad attitude until he put on a Cavs uniform

Mess with the big dog in Cleveland and you lose. It flies under the the radar when James says post game after a loss he would have more assists if his teammates would make shots while the booyah network and Cleveland media really created this narrative of IT being a cancer
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:32 am

Tough loss against the Mavs. Dirk keeps being Dirk 20 years later and Barrea always kills the Lakers it seems.

Good first half from IT, good shot selection and kept the ball moving. His defense is yikes though. He gets picked off picks easily and blown by quite frequently. The switching the Lakers do is gonna be tough when you've got IT guarding the opposing teams 4's and 5's.

The number 7 seemed to look fine on Nance Jr. but looks so odd on IT, I kept wondering why Lamar Odom's number was on this small dude.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:36 pm

Watching Jordan Clarkson Cavs highlights like Image
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:01 pm

Out of interest (and mainly concern for my fantasy team) I looked it up and realized that Clarkson learned how to play and still produce buckets alongside high usage players like Kobe, Boozer, Nick Young, Jeremy Lin, Lou Williams, and D'Angelo Russell.

So maybe Clarkson will be fine playing with LeBron and also when Love gets back.
Alongside Rodney Hood even.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:36 am

Interesting. How are the minutes gonna be shared in Cleveland?

With Cedi Osman playing well, that is literally 5 guys fighting for minutes just at the SG/SF.

Osman
JR
Korver
Clarkson
Hood

George Hill has the PG position locked but Clarkson perhaps can also see minutes as a backup replacing Calderon. In small ball, all these guys can see minutes, but there are Nance and Jeff Green too. Right now it seems like a 11 man rotation, good for regular season but what is their best 8? A few guys will have to take a backseat at some point unless situation calls for it.

Tristan/Love/Nance
Bron/Green/Osman
Hood/Clarkson/Korver
Hill/Hood
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:54 am

lol storm picture...

less arc on their 3pt shot- clarkson or draymond green?
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:01 am

Enjoy Lonzo while you've got him.

LaVar Ball on his big plan how he's going to bring Lonzo, Melo and Gelo to one NBA team: “Lonzo will be on his 3rd year and I want let every NBA team know, that Lonzo is not going to resign with the Lakers, but will go to any team, that will take all of my three boys.”
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Bruce on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:21 pm

ugh, just shut uo LaVar, it's not like Lonzo has established himself in the league. On the other hand, maybe this will be a good chance to off-load Deng's contract. lol
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby Jackal on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:06 pm

Stop making stupid people famous.

If the media quits shoving a mic in this guy's face and people stop spreading his nonsense, his nonsense will just be out there affecting/reaching no one.
Jackal

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 pm

Wishful thinking, sadly. The Lakers need to stand firm against it though, and put him in his place. At some point, Lonzo's also going to have to grow up and take control of his own career. If this is still going on in a few years, I can't see his teammates having any respect for him. Easier said than done, but he has to realise he's in the NBA now. He's his father's meal ticket; he actually holds the balance of power these days.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:37 pm

I think the Lakers have handled Lonzo's dad perfectly. They don't address him/pay any attention to his nonsense. I think the only time they sort of addressed it is when Maginka came out in support of Luke.

He's just trying to get his other two sons set up for lif. He'll say anything to achieve that. According to him Lonzo wouldn't play for any other team but the Lakers, now he'll play for anyone who takes the other two as well. He's much like Trump in that regard.

I try not to pay any attention to him, he's not part of the Lkers.
Jackal

Postby Jeffx on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:53 am

Jackal wrote:He's much like Trump in that regard.

...and the Kardashians too.....self-promoting, attention whores.
Jeffx

Postby Sauru on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:29 pm

lol forcing the lakers to draft the 2 shit sons. want to keep lonzo you will draft these trash ass kids of mine
Sauru

Postby Jackie Kong on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:30 pm

On the other hand, it would be good for the tanking, lol.
Jackie Kong

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:56 pm

I suppose there's wisdom in just ignoring LaVar and letting him indulge his reality show-like fame, but I think it does get to a point - like it did when he criticised Walton - where you need to make a stand and a statement. I still also think Lonzo will need to put on his big boy pants at some point and be his own man, in control of his own destiny and respectfully distanced from his father and his arrogantly stupid remarks. If he's in his mid 20s and still acting like a mewling man child while Daddy runs his mouth about his coach, his teammates, and the front office, no one in the locker room is going to respect him or take him seriously as a leader.

In any event, regardless of public statements or private admonishment, I doubt the Lakers will kowtow to LaVar. I'd say everyone in the front office has more dignity and self-respect than that. As for Lonzo, right now it's a matter of healing up and staying healthy. It's 19 games and counting that he's missed so far in his rookie campaign.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball