Real 2k19 Roster - Kawhi Leonard Portrait

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Real 2017-18 Roster - Trade Deadline Update

Postby zetsuboushta on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:36 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Rosque wrote:Doesn't move the needle that much for me comparing to the default 2k rosters. Would be a lot more interested had you made it more realistic attributes.

Then let's start a discussion. Where do you see the flaws are in 2k's current default roster?

Rotations at least, points of emphasis. Surely there isn't a lot interest in a gameplay changes, but it can attract people and make roster better.
zetsuboushta

Postby Roberto on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:15 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:Quick previews of more work...

Trey Lyles Tattoo Update

[ Image ]

Tobias Harris Portrait Update

[ Image ]

You'll make more tattoo updates????
Roberto

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:18 am

Roberto wrote:

Trey Lyles Tattoo Update

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

That’s the idea. I’ll do the best I can with the available photos. My intention is to update all the tattoos
bluejaybrandon

Postby Roberto on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:21 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Roberto wrote:

Trey Lyles Tattoo Update

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

That’s the idea. I’ll do the best I can with the available photos. My intention is to update all the tattoos

I sent many photos to Daemon, seems he will not make more updates...
Roberto

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:20 pm

Base roster has been updated. Added roughly a dozen free agents that are currently in the G-League. These will give options for two-way contracts. The picks are also all accurate and updated.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Rosque on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:37 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Rosque wrote:Doesn't move the needle that much for me comparing to the default 2k rosters. Would be a lot more interested had you made it more realistic attributes.

Then let's start a discussion. Where do you see the flaws are in 2k's current default roster?

Ratings, tendencies, badges. All needs an overhaul. For example Kuzma just feels sluggish. idk but thisis not sluggish. Also, things like Randle sucking on defense when this year he is good. Tobias harris has too big 3pt - they did not change that.

A lot of flawed player's ratings.

It doesn't even have to be perfectly aligned with nba stats. It can be 'eyeballed' like I do with my quick edits of Lakers. I end up with IT at 82, Ingram 81, Kuzma 80, Randle 79, KCP 76, Hart 74, Deng 63, Brook 77 or something like that.
Rosque

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:07 am

Rosque wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

Ratings, tendencies, badges. All needs an overhaul. For example Kuzma just feels sluggish. idk but thisis not sluggish. Also, things like Randle sucking on defense when this year he is good. Tobias harris has too big 3pt - they did not change that.

It doesn't even have to be perfectly aligned with nba stats. It can be 'eyeballed' like I do with my quick edits of Lakers. I end up with IT at 82, Ingram 81, Kuzma 80, Randle 79, KCP 76, Hart 74, Deng 63, Brook 77 or something like that.

I will definitely look into that
bluejaybrandon

Postby subrozacheater on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:35 pm

Sorry im just new here. Where's the download link?
subrozacheater

Postby TheCed on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:56 pm

subrozacheater wrote:Sorry im just new here. Where's the download link?

You may find the roster on the 2K Share.

Yo BlueJay, I find this Kuzma pretty much accurate to the real one: http://thereal2kinsider.blogspot.ch/201 ... -edit.html
TheCed

Postby Rosque on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:09 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Rosque wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

There are only examples of what I'm looking for in the roster. What good is the nicest portraits and cyberfaces for some scrub who'll play 10 minutes in the NBA in the whole career when you got players doing the Harden stepback three when they only take wide open threes? Like luke babiittt. He is spot-up three point threat. That's who he is. Then you got players like Bojan Bogdanovic who runs the pnr for Indy and is initiatior sometimes and he is not playing like that in the game. Oladipo is playing like he is still in Magic. Wade was/is not backup PG/SG. A lot of issues.
Rosque

Postby TheCed on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:39 am

Rosque wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
Rosque wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

There are only examples of what I'm looking for in the roster. What good is the nicest portraits and cyberfaces for some scrub who'll play 10 minutes in the NBA in the whole career when you got players doing the Harden stepback three when they only take wide open threes? Like luke babiittt. He is spot-up three point threat. That's who he is. Then you got players like Bojan Bogdanovic who runs the pnr for Indy and is initiatior sometimes and he is not playing like that in the game. Oladipo is playing like he is still in Magic. Wade was/is not backup PG/SG. A lot of issues.

Facts.
TheCed

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:58 am

Rosque wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
Rosque wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

I totally respect that and I can address these things. Tendencies certainly need an overhaul and I'll have time coming up to do that. To push back just a tad on the earlier statement, I would say there are people (myself included) that like the consistency of having all players with portraits and cyberfaces. When Summer League rolls around, you have a team full of CAP faces. Plus a lot of these player do progress to be rotational players, especially in a video game. I think both can be accomplished without taking away from the other.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Rosque on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:47 am

I agree. But the priority should be attributes and tendencies - FOR ME.
Rosque

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:19 am

Rosque wrote:I agree. But the priority should be attributes and tendencies - FOR ME.

I'll be watching League Pass recaps and making observations for adjustments. Totally agree with tendencies, step backs are often ridiculous.
bluejaybrandon

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:22 am

Here is a preview for the updated tattoo and hairstyle of Deandre Bembry. I'm hoping to update a majority of the players in a similar fashion.

http://i.imgur.com/jaCBvcE.gifv

Additionally, contract buyouts are now up to date.
bluejaybrandon

Postby TheCed on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:22 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:Here is a preview for the updated tattoo and hairstyle of Deandre Bembry. I'm hoping to update a majority of the players in a similar fashion.

It's lit. Thanks for your roster. I can't wait on your draft class to be released too. I desperately need a proper and realistic draft class. I like that you added Magic Johnson as a GM for the Lakers. People don't tweak those details enough on most rosters.

Also, I agree with Rosque. Tendencies, signatures and attributes are the most important thing. There's like so many accurate rosters on PS4 with all those things tweaked. I got the game on PS4 too, but not being able to mod it turns me down.

Keep it up.
TheCed

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:27 am

TheCed wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:Here is a preview for the updated tattoo and hairstyle of Deandre Bembry. I'm hoping to update a majority of the players in a similar fashion.

It's lit. Thanks for your roster. I can't wait on your draft class to be released too. I desperately need a proper and realistic draft class. I like that you added Magic Johnson as a GM for the Lakers. People don't tweak those details enough on most rosters.

Also, I agree with Rosque. Tendencies, signatures and attributes are the most important thing. There's like so many accurate rosters on PS4 with all those things tweaked. I got the game on PS4 too, but not being able to mod it turns me down.

Keep it up.

Crazy you noticed the Magic Johnson thing. The final version will have accurate staff (some with faces but mostly just in name). I wasn't really advertising that though. Anyways yeah I'll definitely be looking into tendencies and ratings as soon as I have time.
bluejaybrandon

Postby TheCed on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:51 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
TheCed wrote:

Keep it up.

Crazy you noticed the Magic Johnson thing. The final version will have accurate staff (some with faces but mostly just in name). I wasn't really advertising that though. Anyways yeah I'll definitely be looking into tendencies and ratings as soon as I have time.

Yeah, man. That's like, the detail that made me want to use your roster for MyLeague. These small details make the difference.
TheCed

Re: Real 2017-18 Roster - Contract Buyout Update

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:54 am

So, I've decided to do a "beta" in the sense that I'll be releasing all the components of the updated 76ers. I'm going team by team and updating in-game content (accessories, attributes, tendencies, signatures) as well as current looks (adding cyberfaces, adding tattoos) and portraits. The 76ers will be the only team to get this early release treatment. It’s simply to gauge interest, gather feedback, and set a precedent for what this update will look like. The release will hopefully be later this week. I'll add to this list of updates as it progresses.

Updates included:

1. All attributes, accessories, tendencies, and signature shots have been updated.

2. Trevor Booker

- Updated Portrait

- Added Beard

3. Amir Johnson

- Lowered flat top

4. James Young

- Updated Portrait

- Added Dreads

5. Richaun Holmes

- Added Tattoos (thanks to The Daemon)

- Added Braids (thanks to RKJ)

6. Markelle Fultz

- Added Tattoos (thanks to The Daemon)
Last edited by bluejaybrandon on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluejaybrandon

Re: Real 2017-18 Roster - Contract Buyout Update

Postby TheCed on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:00 am

Fire. Can't wait to see the other teams.
TheCed

Re: Real 2017-18 Roster - "Beta" 76ers Preview

Postby Shuajota on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:20 am

I love it! Good work bluejaybrandon.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby Rosque on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:17 am

Nice. This is what I'm looking at. Will check out tomorrow how it looks like exaactly
Rosque

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:18 am

Rosque wrote:Nice. This is what I'm looking at. Will check out tomorrow how it looks like exaactly

I only have it locally now, I haven't pushed it live yet but will soon.
bluejaybrandon

Postby zetsuboushta on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Wow, it's good.
zetsuboushta

Postby Rosque on Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:38 am

What are shooting ratings for Saric?
Rosque

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding