NBA 2K18 Bug Reports

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Re: NBA 2K18 Bug Reports

Postby MaxMBox on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:26 am

sarella wrote:Bug description: No controll over player in neighborhood 3v3 park game

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One): PC

Game Mode: MyCareer

Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc): Game works fine everywhere else in all other game modes, all other things in MyCareer neighborhood. But soon as I join 3v3 game at "park" I have no controll over my player. PS4 and Xbox controller, plus keyboard just wont work, cant do nothing. Only ALT+F4.

Check if your current gamepad is Controller 1(in PlayNow mode for example). I'm playing with PS4 controller but I have EXEQ (Russian company that assembling pads using chineese details) pad as reserve for friends. And the first time I played in Park I have had the same issue. Then I noticed that my PS4 pad was 'Controller 2' and EXEQ pad - 'Controller 1'. Keyboard - 'Controller 6' as I remember. And with EXEQ pad I had full controll over my player. So I disconnected EXEQ pad and everything is fine now. If I need 2nd controller I connect it later and all good
MaxMBox

Postby Dwell On on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:57 am

Bug description: overall controller adjustments are not saving after a new start of the game. like "skip pass", "vibrations" etc.

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One): PC (presumably all platforms)

Game Mode: tested in Mycareer and myleague

Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc):
Dwell On

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:45 am

Bug description: The defense is broken. Watch my videos below, the videos tell the whole story.

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One/PC): All Platforms

Game Mode: All

Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc):Just run towards the hoop with the ball, anybody in the league can get to the rim at any time on anyone, help hardly ever comes, and you will win every game by blowout.....

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:36 pm

When Kevin Harlan says a player has just grabbed/now has/etc. a certain number of rebounds, it's always one less than they actually have. This has been in the game for years.

I've actually personally told Leftos about this, and was surprised recently that Jao's never noticed it when we chatted. Part of me less wants it fixed than a detailed story about how it's escaped either notice or fixing when it seems like a simple clean up fix. In fact, I hope it's never fixed. You hear me! Kevin Harlan if you read this, start doing it in real life too!
benji

Postby fastridah090377 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:15 pm

Pls help milwaukee bucks is invisible... :( :( :(
fastridah090377

Postby JDJ47 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:38 am

I'm playing on the PC version and I'm not able to download any created teams for myleague. I'm also not able to save any files for myleague. I had this problem in NBA2k17 and it was fixed months later in a patch.
JDJ47

Postby zata on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:20 pm

Bug description:
MyCareer Crashing at 57%
Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One):
PC/Steam
Game Mode:
MyCareer
Additional Info:
Pretty much what the description says. I played a gamein MC, finished it, and went through all the post-game stuff. When I went to exit the locker room and go into the neighborhood, the game crashed when it hit 57%. That was last week, and I haven't been able to play since. Every time I load it up, it crashes when it hits 57%.

I have tried verifying the game files through Steam and did a complete reinstall but nothing has worked. I also tried to create a new MyCareer file to see if it crashed, but it was able to load the neighborhood just fine, so maybe it's a corrupted save of some sort? I filed a support ticket with 2K last week but they haven't gotten back to me yet and I highly doubt they will.

If you guys have any idea how to fix this or how it happened it would be much appreciated.
zata

Postby RawrDaddy on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:44 pm

Anyone had a fix to the All Star Weekend bug onPC in MyCareer?

Played Rising Star (all fine and dandy. Returns back to Calender when finished), Once you get to 3PT Contest - is where the issues start.
Can play it, but you wont be able to quit/advance the end of it. Just leaves you at the End Game Menu where (normally quit) ADvance is an option. But advance is a non responsive button.

And if you restart game, once you click on MyCareer - IT GOES STRAIGHT back into loading the 3PT contest, no way to get back to the MyCareer Menu/Calender

So just finitely stuck. Tried loading the save file under diff acctsand renaming and etcetc -but same results every time.
RawrDaddy

Postby hova- on Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:43 pm

Have you ever experienced that in the "edit player" screen the values for attributes and tendencies are missing?

I only see arrows left & right but cannot see the values for the attributes and tendencies.

I wanted to edit players via CE but the game tends to crash every now and then so I went back to doing it ingame.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby albertdwayne on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:05 am

Everytime i go to edit some shoes in the shoes editor. the shoe is not there which leads no customization of shoes the only thing i can see is grey lines

albertdwayne

Postby hova- on Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:54 pm

hova- wrote:Have you ever experienced that in the "edit player" screen the values for attributes and tendencies are missing?

I only see arrows left & right but cannot see the values for the attributes and tendencies.

I wanted to edit players via CE but the game tends to crash every now and then so I went back to doing it ingame.

Sorry if I bump this, but I really need a solution and was hoping somebody else had this problem and found a way to solve it. I cannot edit my roster properly without seeing the ratings ... :(
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby shaunandrew225 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:05 am

In My Career when I equipment ANY pair of Jordan shoes before game it converts to 2K shoes. No matter what I do it forces me to wear 2K shoes. After the game I get a message from Bryan saying Jordan doesn't like me wearing other shoes during game and I may lose my deal, as if it's my fault I'm wearing 2K stuff. This just started happening today after an update on PC. Of course I can't wear my Jordan signature shoe during the game even before this update. Also when I get the message from Bryan to go to practice facility for commercial it kicks me back into the neighborhood. It seems I'm about to lose my shoe deal and it's not my fault!!!!!!
shaunandrew225

Postby homicide1550 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:18 am

shaunandrew225 wrote:In My Career when I equipment ANY pair of Jordan shoes before game it converts to 2K shoes. No matter what I do it forces me to wear 2K shoes. After the game I get a message from Bryan saying Jordan doesn't like me wearing other shoes during game and I may lose my deal, as if it's my fault I'm wearing 2K stuff. This just started happening today after an update on PC. Of course I can't wear my Jordan signature shoe during the game even before this update. Also when I get the message from Bryan to go to practice facility for commercial it kicks me back into the neighborhood. It seems I'm about to lose my shoe deal and it's not my fault!!!!!!

Having this very same issue. Can't equip those damn Jordan shoes, it got stuck with the 2K default shoes.
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby CSA on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:30 am

I have been searching about this and didn't find any solution or even the same complain. I'm currently playin' MyCareer offline. I'm in 2nd season and I try to play All Star 3 Point contest but I can't see the play button. Can't play it even though my player has selected to 3 point contest. I can play rising stars and All Star Game tho. Please help me.
CSA

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:49 am

Since you posted about this issue in the NBA 2K14 section as well, which game are you actually referring to? If it's NBA 2K14, please keep it out of the NBA 2K18 section. I realise it's the more prominent and active section, but it's still off-topic (if indeed you are referring to NBA 2K14), which gets confusing for everyone.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby CSA on Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:48 am

Andrew wrote:Since you posted about this issue in the NBA 2K14 section as well, which game are you actually referring to? If it's NBA 2K14, please keep it out of the NBA 2K18 section. I realise it's the more prominent and active section, but it's still off-topic (if indeed you are referring to NBA 2K14), which gets confusing for everyone.

Oh I'm sorry. I just signed up. I didn't realize I also wrote on NBA 2k14 section. It's NBA 2k18.
CSA

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:29 pm

No worries, appreciate the clarification.

I play MyCAREER with online connectivity and I haven't reached the All-Star Weekend yet, so I can't offer any insight myself. If it's a bug though, the only solution might be to sim past it, or wait for a fix that may or may not ever come from 2K.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Azuriol on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:26 am

Custom Shoe Creator

PS4

MyCareer

Within the game, sometime after you get your custom colorway shoes, the soe company you signed on with will eventually allow you to create your own shoe. I was excited abiut this but it also took me a long time to create laters upon layers of different designs to create that perfect look for me. After a grueling hour or two of thinking and redesignng, I created my shoe and renamed it! All was well until I went to equip the shoe only to discover it looked nothing like the shoe it created! One shoe was even a different color from the other! Shiny metallic brown blob on one foot and shiny metallic multicolored blobbing shit on the other. I then went outside and back inside only to have them change again. To this purple color. If I unequip the shoe and re-equp it, it reverts back to this mess!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Azuriol

Postby johnwest1985 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:50 am

Bug description: When playing multiplayer (all mods except mypark) the game stops shortly after the jumpball and i get this message: "A network problem has been encountered that prevents gameplay from continuing. This game will not be counted.

PLATFORM: PC

GAME MODE: All multiplayer modes

ADDITIONAL INFO: I use windows ten and a wireless connection. I have great download speeds since we have FIBER internet here. I have tried numeroes things now:

- disable upnp
- create a static IP adres
- make exception for steam and nba 2k18 in windows firewall
.change graphic setting for crowd and sideline dudes...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im really desperate for help. I actually did finish a game once which is rather strange to me so it should be possible to play, Notice that i did install a custom roster once ( DNA ) and placed it into the remote folder but this cant be the issue since when i play online the roster get reset anyway to default.
johnwest1985

Postby ThePointForward on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:27 am

Bug description: Badge progression events wiped when saving and exiting

Platform: PC (I'd assume all)

Game Mode: MyCareer (NBA game)

Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc): Played a game, but had to leave at roughly 11 minutes left in 4th quarter, so I called a timeout to save the score and everything and used the save and quit mycareer button. To this point I had done many things to improve my badges including (but not limited to) scoring immediately after an offensive rebound, contact dunks, etc.
I start up the game next day, finish the game and get only the badge progression events from the 4th quarter.

This also affects VC gains and Cap Breaker.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby dwayne12345 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:37 am

Bug Description: Game randomly crashes to the desktop during games in MyGM/MyLeague.

Platform: PC - Windows 10 - Nvidia 1080 graphics card

Additional Info: I have no idea what is causing it as it is random and no bug report launches on my computer. It simply returns me to steam with the game closed and files being synced.

The last time it happened it was after the headphones accidentally came out of the headphone jack on my computer. The last time was the most painful time, as I was up 10 on the Warriors in game 3 of the conference finals early in the 4th quarter. (I haven't been able to bring myself to play since then :?
dwayne12345

Postby trepamuros on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:38 am

Bug description:CPU last shot didn't went in but counted. I win game but score shows a tie. Game crashed to desktop after it.

Platform:PC

Game Mode:MyLeague

Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc):Weirdest thing I've seen in years.

Playing the Bucks (me) vs Hornets. It was a close game. Entering last seconds up 92-90, Bledsoe received a foul. He scored the first, missed the second and the Hornets got the rebound. No timeouts left so Batum attempted from mid-court and missed, Bucks win 90-93. Now starts the weird thing:

My bench players started to celebrate the victory, while the narrator was talking something like "What a shot to send the game into overtime" or somewhat (had the volume lowered so I didn't got it well). It took me some seconds to figure out the scorebug was showing 93-93 FINAL, what the f! . David Aldridge interviewed a player, all players went away and post-game screen showed. I went to scoring log and it showed "93-93 Batum Shot" (notice it wasn't "Three pointer", only "Shot"). I read the stats, nothing strange besides the fake 93-93, and as I pressed Exit the game crashed to desktop with no error message.

After loading again, the game was not registered on the schedule, it shows as not played yet.

Weird as hell. Game is updated (patch 6 as shown in Steam) and I was using ESPN Scoreboard, Sweat and Net Physics mods (surely not related to them anyway).
trepamuros

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:55 am

Image Image

Bug Report: Aron Baynes is invisible in game. Not present for the jump ball, so I went to edit player to check, invisible there too.

Game Mode: PC/ Play now, NBA Today

Additional info : I don't have any, just tried to play, and noticed he wasn't in the game, and when he got the ball and dribbled, the ball dribbled itself Lol. They need to fix this.
Uncle Drew

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:10 am

Not going to report anything but, is just me or the game loads horribly slow? I have to wait a minute before getting past the loadscreen, another few minutes for a match to load. Never happened to me before

Edit: The game wouldn't even load and it seems this thing is related to the fact that I have a banged up version of windows 10 and I have some Windows 10 update services problems. I have to stop the "wuauservice" process for my game to load.

Can't seem to find a logical explanation though
I Hate Mondays

Postby Uncle Drew on Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:37 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:Not going to report anything but, is just me or the game loads horribly slow? I have to wait a minute before getting past the loadscreen, another few minutes for a match to load. Never happened to me before

Edit: The game wouldn't even load and it seems this thing is related to the fact that I have a banged up version of windows 10 and I have some Windows 10 update services problems. I have to stop the "wuauservice" process for my game to load.

Can't seem to find a logical explanation though

I've been having problems with Windows Update as well. 2 months ago, Windows Update automatically downloaded updates, that screwed up my computer. Called Microsoft, a tech had to manually
take over my computer to correct the problem. He said that update installed the wrong update to my version of Windows 10 Pro. Took me 2 days to correct it. So now, I have turned off Windows Update to install automatically, it needs my permission first. This has made me skeptical about installing any updates.
Uncle Drew

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18