A Tale of Two Fast Breaks

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

A Tale of Two Fast Breaks

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:44 pm

phpBB [video]

Last year, they both would've been dunks. The ball probably wouldn't have tried to warp back into the offensive player's hands, either. Also, I know NBA players blow layups from time to time, but this kind of thing happens way too much in NBA 2K18. I've even seen it happen with Slasher-based Archetypes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: A Tale of Two Fast Breaks

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:23 pm

Andrew wrote:
phpBB [video]

Last year, they both would've been dunks. The ball probably wouldn't have tried to warp back into the offensive player's hands, either. Also, I know NBA players blow layups from time to time, but this kind of thing happens way too much in NBA 2K18. I've even seen it happen with Slasher-based Archetypes.

There's no layup meter and the a good timing is pretty strange to get.

In Quick Game/MyLeague, it can be fixed with sliders around 60 for CPU and user.
But in MyCareer, i think that sliders cant be modified ?
sticky-fingers

Re: A Tale of Two Fast Breaks

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:06 am

Correct. As I mentioned in another topic, there's also an issue with tendencies for my particular Archetype which has been somewhat resolved for newly created MyPLAYERs, but not existing ones that were created at launch (or at least, before the update that addressed it). In regular 5v5 gameplay, not being able to dunk in situations where you should isn't really an issue.

Generally speaking, I do think layup timing and tuning is problematic.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K18