Looks like roster editing is coming to NBA Live 18!

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Looks like roster editing is coming to NBA Live 18!

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:58 pm

they could update the database in the future, as long as I can move people around with ease, that's all I really expected this year!!!
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Yeah, I'm really surprised they managed to add Create-a-Player. I thought if there was any chance of roster editing being patched in, it'd just be player movement and possibly a bit of bio editing, but it's turned out to be more extensive than I could've anticipated.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:10 pm

I looked into it, and I don't think we're going to be able to share roster files the old fashioned way. I couldn't even copy the file to a USB (I was told I needed to update my system software, but my PS4 is already fully up to date), so that stops that idea in its tracks before anyone else can even test an uploaded file.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:42 pm

Andrew wrote:Yeah, I'm really surprised they managed to add Create-a-Player. I thought if there was any chance of roster editing being patched in, it'd just be player movement and possibly a bit of bio editing, but it's turned out to be more extensive than I could've anticipated.

It was a pleasant surprise, but when I thought about it, they already had the functionality already built-in when you create your own character for "The One"
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:55 pm

That's true. In any event, it's a big step forward in terms of depth and functionality.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:25 am

Andrew wrote:That's true. In any event, it's a big step forward in terms of depth and functionality.

Now, if they could throw in multi-user dynasty, I'd be elated. Roster editing, to go along with the multi-user franchise (Up to 4 players) are the two things I wanted the most.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:07 am

[Q] wrote:
Andrew wrote:Yeah, I'm really surprised they managed to add Create-a-Player. I thought if there was any chance of roster editing being patched in, it'd just be player movement and possibly a bit of bio editing, but it's turned out to be more extensive than I could've anticipated.

It was a pleasant surprise, but when I thought about it, they already had the functionality already built-in when you create your own character for "The One"

Yeah, I made a video on how they could implement it, I know Cornell saw it. Imagine if they give us a legend pool....hopefully next year though.
ThaLiveKing

Postby [Q] on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:41 am

Yeah it's cool they have legends but I find it annoying that the only way I get to play with Gary Payton is to grind through 150+ games of ultimate team or whatever the number we came up with
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:56 am

A Legends Pool and perhaps some All-Decade teams would be a nice throwback. Sure, they'd be missing a few players, but that was the case towards the end of their original appearances anyway.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:11 pm

So, as we look to compile feedback on the roster editing, what are some other functions that we need moving forward?

Off the top of my head:

• Animation editing/assignments (dunk packages, signature shots, etc)
  • Mass editing (e.g. an ability to change ratings for all players at once, for quick global changes)
  • Roster sharing (ideally without having to have someone on your friends list; something like 2K Share)
  • Access to additional bio data (such as Draft information)
  • More face sculpting tools (which would also be good for The One as well)
  • Ability to use a face scan with created players
  • Number editing in Franchise

Also, some features that would be great, but can wait, especially as they may be more technically difficult to implement in some cases:

• Create-a-Team
  • Legends Pool
  • Create-a-Legend (likely just an option in CAP, and dependent on historical content being available outside LUT)
  • Create-a-Jumpshot
  • Edit headbands, goggles, etc (currently impossible due to the way those assets are implemented)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:30 pm

We should be able to remove or add compression shirts they wear underneath the jersey
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:37 pm

Definitely, add that along with the head gear editing. I believe that's another case of the art files not supporting it this year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby iceinmyveins on Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:57 pm

Confirmed for Franchise mode? Oh, hells yeah! Firing up my copy STAT, now!

...Haven't played in a while due to other games and my Lakers not really inspiring me to give a damn, lol.
iceinmyveins

Postby iceinmyveins on Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:00 pm

I wanted roster editing so bad, so that I could possibly start a Franchise Mode with my Spurs team. I had played the heck out of NBA Live 10 and kept rosters going for as long as possible, and then ultimately had to switch to 2K14-17 until now due to EA's debacle. Now that they've added this, I am STOKED!!! I thought *maybe* I could pull off all my roster changes and stuff *after* starting a Franchise Mode with my Spurs, but now I am STOKED!!! that I can do it before I start. Jeez...it'll feel good to "return" to NBA Live with my Spurs. :bowdown2: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :o :D :P (Y) :mrgreen:

...Mostly because while I "really like" 2K, it kinda is feeling like the same game to me now and 2K18 just doesn't impress me in the way that the last three have, and Live is frustrating in some ways but mostly feel-good, so it's going to be awesome seeing as I'm nearing the end of my season on 2K17 with my Spurs.
iceinmyveins

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Yes indeed, custom rosters can be taken into a Franchise game. No editing inside the mode - I'd like to see number editing in Franchise next year - but still a big step forward from no roster editing at all.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby iceinmyveins on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:31 am

Andrew wrote:Yes indeed, custom rosters can be taken into a Franchise game. No editing inside the mode - I'd like to see number editing in Franchise next year - but still a big step forward from no roster editing at all.
Definitely! Trust me, no qualms here for having to restart Franchise Mode to finally be able to upgrade Kyle Kuzma's shooting. I was missing so many freaking 3PTers with him, so frustrating. Meanwhile, IRL, he's dropping 38 points vs Rockets, 31 on Christmas, etc. I've just fired up my copy, checking contracts and noticing that EA almost got them all in there, occupying myself by adding Embiid's massive contract extension, Robert Covington's 15m/yr extension, even guys like Jamychal Green (Grizzlies) had incorrect contracts. I'm a stickler for that kind of thing. :lol:
iceinmyveins

Postby iceinmyveins on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:08 am

More gleanings: So, EA had Brandon Ingram at a 70 for 3PT shooting. Freaking Lonzo's rating was higher than that! (whose ratings I had to tweak a little). I'mma have to check out every Laker and make sure it represents reality, lol. I already tweaked some things based on what I've seen from the guys this season, deficiencies and what they're good at. Kuzma's ratings were horrible, lol. He had a 60-something on 3PT shooting and low clutch rating, low speed. No wonder I had him on the bench! Embiid was mostly well-rated, went in and gave him a boost to layups and dribbling since he's so savvy down low. Brook Lopez's 3PT shooting was 60-something. Thought that was low.

Can't wait to check on other players, especially my Spurs.

:shock:
iceinmyveins

Postby [Q] on Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:08 pm

Yeah it was definitely tough trying to shoot 3s with Ingram and Hart after seeing them do it in real life only to find that their ratings were too low. And Hart's defense rating is pretty low still even though that's probably what he's best at
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby iceinmyveins on Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:44 am

[Q] wrote:Yeah it was definitely tough trying to shoot 3s with Ingram and Hart after seeing them do it in real life only to find that their ratings were too low. And Hart's defense rating is pretty low still even though that's probably what he's best at
No doubt. Firing up my season opener again now. Looking forward to it. Played with "my" Spurs last night in a "test" game. Beat the Timberwolves. Game felt better on default settings, so maybe EA tweaked sliders? Not sure, but I was pleased. Looking forward to firing up my Spurs franchise (got it ready to go) once I'm through with the playoffs on 2k18.

...I did notice though that I can't seem to edit rotations or rosters for the other 29 teams. I saw that you said "confirmed for franchise mode" earlier in this thread, but maybe I misunderstood? Kind of a bummer, e.g. the Warriors are starting Jordan Bell nowadays.

Not a big deal, but kind of frustrating if Franchise Mode is still 'stuck' so to speak. Like, I can't even change positions for players. Kind of overly-restrictive. I know they have the "upgrade skills" system, but I don't see why that means they have to block editing that doesn't affect it.
iceinmyveins

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:41 am

You misunderstood, or perhaps missed this clarification:

Andrew wrote:Yes indeed, custom rosters can be taken into a Franchise game. No editing inside the mode - I'd like to see number editing in Franchise next year - but still a big step forward from no roster editing at all.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby iceinmyveins on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:21 am

Andrew wrote:You misunderstood, or perhaps missed this clarification:

Ah, it's no biggie. I'm really starting to like the Live experience. The commentary is really starting to flow better and default sliders are working for me right now. Don't really feel like messing with them and becoming frustrated. I simulated up until where I was before and turns out doing so got Ingram and Clarkson injured, lol. Injuries seem less weird and frequent than in 2K17, which is good. I beat the Grizzlies, and making 3's with Kuzma was so nice! I'm still trying to get the shot meter down. Seems sensitive, rarely get green, lol.
iceinmyveins

Postby atlwarrior on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:29 pm

is the roster editing game changing I'm thinking about purchasing this game but idk yet.
atlwarrior

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:51 pm

atlwarrior wrote:is the roster editing game changing I'm thinking about purchasing this game but idk yet.

if you like messing with Rosters why not, there's plenty of videos on youtube showing what it is.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:17 pm

The ability to make fantasy rosters, edit player ratings and attributes, and update lineups ourselves could certainly be considered a game changer. I think any time we have any kind of substantial customisation options - roster editing, sliders, etc - there's potential to change up the gaming experience and with any luck, improve upon it. They're important to have, and a big deal in their own right, if nothing else.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby atlwarrior on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:59 am

I just edited the entire teams of the Thunder and Cavs. I'll do more teams as time goes by. It was very tedious because they don't have a quick edit mode like 2k. Gosh I never knew how convenient that feature was until now.

Well the positive is that this year's game does not need edits to fix the animations or game play mechanics. I just did them to get better stat results in the games. The player editing really works in this game unlike 2k sometimes. EA just needs do a better job on rating the players. For example, why does D-Wade still have a 79 Dunk rating. Maybe if this was still 2011 but now he's more deserving of a 50.

I also lowered the dunks of LeBron and Westbrook to 85 bc they were doing dunks that were even too ridiculous for them :lol: . Now the amount of dunks in game are more realistic. The ratings are based off real analytics but I did use a cheat sheet which is Rashidi's new 2k18 edits but these run circles around the default roster and reflect more how the players are playing today. lol
atlwarrior

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18