Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby air gordon on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:33 am

It's great the bulls have a very capable tank commander in Justin Holliday. When he's not shooting 35%, he forces bad shots in big game situations or blows a defensive assignment

We all can enjoy Dunn and Laurie balling out knowing the tank commander is there
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Valor on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:30 pm

Dee4Three wrote:A couple really solid games from Dunn.

11/28 vs Suns: 24 points, 10-16 FG, 5 Rebounds, 8 Assists and 4 Steals, 32 Minutes
11/30 vs Nuggets: 19 points, 9-11 FG, 5 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 1 Steal, 1 TO, 27 Minutes

He needs to show more consistency, but he has certainly shown improvement. Are you Bulls fans optimistic about Dunns progress and possible future?

Starting to live up to those pre-draft expectations so far, like you said though, needs to show more consistency.

At any rate, (almost) anybody is better than Jerian Grant as a starter.

Predictions on the Cavs game? I say we lose by 40.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby air gordon on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:30 am

Andrew wrote:IAs I said before, we've been burned a couple of times by Bulls players who have shown flashes of brilliance/competence

who are you referring to? who's been brilliant vs competent?
Valor wrote:Starting to live up to those pre-draft expectations so far, like you said though, needs to show more consistency.

At any rate, (almost) anybody is better than Jerian Grant as a starter.

Predictions on the Cavs game? I say we lose by 40.

depends if the cavs care enough the whole game. normally they are close ones.
Dunn's 3pt shot has improved greatly but some of those misses are bricks/airballs. not a good sign. i'd like to see him get to the FT line more and make them. paltry ft rate and %.

i wish someone on the team knew how to make a pass into the post. so many times Laurie got switched on a smaller defender and the bulls can't get him the ball.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:27 am

Tyrus Thomas, Tony Snell, Nikola Mirotic, just to name a few. All players who've had strings of good games where it's seemed like we're seeing what they'll become, only to be let down when it's become apparent that it was just a fluke. I'd probably be inclined to include Bobby Portis in that list as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:20 pm

ok fair enough. what did you project these players to be after their short stints of brilliance and or competence? i think we all wanted them to "pan out" but did any of them show sustained/consistent production enough to think they were legit?!

outside of Mirotic, none of those players had a a month long stretch of being awesome.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:28 pm

When Snell had that solid run of games late in the 2015 season, I started to think that he was finally showing something, and on track to be a solid starter. Thomas had a pretty decent season in 2009 as well. Unfortunately, I got my hopes up too soon; what we saw was as good as it was going to get, and it didn't last besides.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:05 pm

No headband around the neck e-rob on thE list?

Snell tricked you huh? Saw his jersey t on clearance last week
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:13 pm

Hmm...I don't think I ever managed to get behind E-Rob. Optimism was hard to come by from 1999-2004.

On clearance? You mean, they're not paying people to take it off their hands?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:01 am

i thought it was a hoiberg jersey t. i would have bought it. forgot snell wore 20. official nba merchandise baby

Kendall Gill on the 2004 bulls baby! good times.

i think Jamal Crawford is the only player left from his draft class still playing in the league. and i mean actually playing versus collecting a check. :o :cool:

you hear about the news on Ben Gordon. sad
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:27 am

I did hear about Gordon. Damn shame indeed.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:15 am

No love for okafor. Too bad. I'd take him over felecio right now. Man does felecio suck right now

Niko coming back tonight...
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:53 am

Would it be in bad taste to say that I hope he can provide them with a bit of a scoring punch?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:43 pm

:rimshot:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:41 am

If I were a Bulls fan, I'd be excited about Lauri and Dunn. If Lavine can return to form (He looks good in the clips I've seen of him in practice) you guys have some solid, young pieces to work with.

I think they need to keep giving Dunn all the minutes they can give him, he can be special. He's only averaging 2.3 TO per game in his last 6, and hes been playing a lot of minutes. Kids only 23. He's a ball hawk on defense, I like his two way play.

Markkanen is a better rebounder than I thought he would be at this point, he just needs to be more consistent shooting the ball. He's approaching under .40% from the field, but I think he will get more comfortable in time.

Lavine is 22, and this is his 4th year in the league.

I like watching this Bulls team actually, I've caught quite a few games this year. Not a Hoiberg fan, or a front office fan..... but lets see how these young guys develop.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:42 am

They're definitely bright spots, and looking like players to keep around in this rebuilding effort.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:33 am

hardy har

a 3 game win streak and still they remain the tank commanders.

actually went to my first game this year. free tickets cuz you know im not paying to see this shit show. too bad it was the celtics who played like were riding the tank
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:46 am

On one hand, it hurts the tanking effort. At the same time, a win over a top team is always enjoyable, and they're still likely to be at the bottom of the league, anyway. I'll take a few bright moments where players with potential play well, in order for a losing season to be a bit more palatable and retain some semblance of optimism.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:59 am

Dee4Three wrote:If I were a Bulls fan, I'd be excited about Lauri and Dunn. If Lavine can return to form (He looks good in the clips I've seen of him in practice) you guys have some solid, young pieces to work with.

I think they need to keep giving Dunn all the minutes they can give him, he can be special. He's only averaging 2.3 TO per game in his last 6, and hes been playing a lot of minutes. Kids only 23. He's a ball hawk on defense, I like his two way play.

Markkanen is a better rebounder than I thought he would be at this point, he just needs to be more consistent shooting the ball. He's approaching under .40% from the field, but I think he will get more comfortable in time.

Lavine is 22, and this is his 4th year in the league.

I like watching this Bulls team actually, I've caught quite a few games this year. Not a Hoiberg fan, or a front office fan..... but lets see how these young guys develop.

Can't say I'm "excited" about any aspect of the Bulls in the last few seasons, but yes, very pleased and optimistic about Dunn and Markkanen. Was high on Dunn in the draft, good to see him showcasing his potential right now.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby air gordon on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:50 pm

I'm happy with Dunn though I see him better as a shooting guard instead of a PG from what he's shown so far... On offense

a lavine/markkanen PNR seems more potent
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Another good game from Niko. Def think he's better than Portis (I know, I'm in the minority here) and it's not even close imo.

Too bad FO will trade him and keep BP instead.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Threekola's played well since making his season debut. I'd love it if he could keep up these shooting percentages, but it's obviously a very small sample size so far. I'd be inclined to take him over Portis, though Portis is the stronger rebounder.

I've always liked Mirotic's skillset, at least at the offensive end, but consistency has been a problem. As I've said before, the reason I've found him to be a disappointment is that he was sold to me as the next Pau Gasol, and to be blunt, he's a long, long way from that. If he can keep shooting more like a prime Dirk Nowitzki and less like Tyrus Thomas, though, then I probably wouldn't be opposed to him being kept around longer. I had soured on him somewhat, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:42 am

Valor wrote:Another good game from Niko. Def think he's better than Portis (I know, I'm in the minority here) and it's not even close imo.

Too bad FO will trade him and keep BP instead.

you think? my guess is niko will give back better value in a trade so continue the showcase by all means. as andrew said, we've seen this before from Niko. i'm not banking on him doing all year, or at least until jan.15th

gotta give credit to Portis for turning himself into a legit 3pt shooter and less of a black hole. i guess as long opposing big men can't post him up, he should get all the backup center minutes.

any other Nwaba fan club members present?
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:36 pm

Nwaba and Blakeney have both caught my attention.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:46 pm

Mirotic is actually a better defender than Portis though, only area Portis edges out is rebounding, and even that's not by that much. He's just a reckless energy player, those are dime a dozen.

Andrew wrote:As I've said before, the reason I've found him to be a disappointment is that he was sold to me as the next Pau Gasol, and to be blunt, he's a long, long way from that.

IMO that's more on GarPax for being absolutely full of shit, not his fault, he certainly produces still and has looked very very well since coming back.

air gordon wrote:you think? my guess is niko will give back better value in a trade so continue the showcase by all means. as andrew said, we've seen this before from Niko. i'm not banking on him doing all year, or at least until jan.15th

Neither of them has "great" trade value, not after what happened. Everyone knows Bulls aren't in a good position to bargain anyways, and knowing GarPax, they'll screw it up even if they have a good bargaining position (see: Gibson, Rose, Butler trades).

The only area of Portis' game I've been impressed by is the improved (ironically) discipline with regards to fouls. Absolute foul machine before, much better now.

Nwaba has certainly surprised, I'd like to see more before giving a verdict.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:52 pm

I was talking about conversations here in the Forum when it comes to the Niko hype. I'd definitely take anything GarPax said with more than a grain of salt, though I might have to grudgingly hand it to them as far as Markkanen is concerned.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball