Boston Celtics Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Boston Celtics Thread

Postby Sauru on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:50 pm

air gordon wrote:
Sauru wrote:anti lue comments

sorry i dont have the direct quotes and not sure which thread they are coming from.. whats up with anti lue comments lately? not trying to tread on your forum rights of course lol

i have no issues with lue other than he is not a championship level coach. sadly that seems to be exactly what lebron wants.
Sauru

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:52 pm

14 in a row, down goes GS.

Jaylen Brown looked amazing on both offense and defense, Thompson and Curry were stifled all game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Impressive. Kerr wasn't off-base with his prediction that they're the team of the future. They're pretty good right now, as it is.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:14 pm

Kyrie played bad overall but made good aggressive plays down the stretch, the kind of stuff that separates the great ones from the good ones. Tatum very composed, Jaylen Brown has amazing hustle and was simply spectacular on both ends like Dee said.

Probably the most enjoyable game of NBA basketball I've watched in quite some time, glad I tuned in.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Yeah it was really intense, playoffs atmosphere.

It was a grind it out game, high defensive intensity on both sides. I'm watching the Suns and Rockets play right now (Rockets had 90 points at the half), it's a boring game. No defense is really being played... night and day compared to the Celtics/Warriors game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:20 pm

His aggressiveness was really a factor down the stretch, although I don't think the refs made the right call on his late game drive. There was no obvious contact and he just went down because of his momentum. You should not call that to seal the game. Cs played very well though, Brown is a beast.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby big-shot-ROB on Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:01 am

Still Horford cleaned the glass and made the put-back layup with no-one around so free-throws were less of a probability to add to points to the score.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:49 am

The way to beat the Warriors is not only to outhustle them, but to get under the shooters at all costs.

Thompson and Curry couldn't get anything going because of Boston's defensive communication. Celtics were literally under Curry and Thompson on almost every shot. If we have a better shooting first half (We shot 30%!), who knows what would have happened. Maybe we would have been up by a bit even at the end of the first half.

Green was also shut down because of our length. It was forcing him to make bad passes, he didn't look comfortable at all.

I liked what Stevens did to combat certain lineups that the Warriors had out on the court. He stifled Looney (who has been solid for GS this season) with length and athleticism as opposed to going with Baynes at the 5. He only played 5 minutes and had an empty stat line because of it. Brown blocking Durant on a jumpshot was pretty cool to see.

My opinion is that Stevens out coached Kerr is this game. The Warriors couldn't get comfortable running anything halfcourt offense wise, because Stevens defensive schemes (And Celtics intensity) shut everything down.

In regards to the Irving drive, we would have scored on the putback anyway. Not only that, if you watch the replay, he gets hit in the face like 3 times after he releases the ball. They call fouls on 3's all the time AFTER the player released the ball because of contact, the only difference is this was on a layup. But either way, it was two points.

The Celtics took more free throws because they were being more aggressive.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:17 am

Dee4Three wrote:The way to beat the Warriors is not only to outhustle them, but to get under the shooters at all costs.

What I liked was that Boston made the game ugly, which is what you have to do against a high-octane team like Golden State. Warriors were forced to play at the Celtics pace. Brilliant game-plan.
Jeffx

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:24 am

Exactly, even the commentators mentioned it. The Celtics love dragging the game through the mud, they did just that.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:31 am

Dee4Three wrote:Exactly, even the commentators mentioned it. The Celtics love dragging the game through the mud, they did just that.

Imagine how rough Boston would be if Heyward didn't get hurt. But I still think they'll give Cleveland fits come May & June (if they're healthy). Cavs are old and poor defensively. We'll see how they play together when Isaiah gets back.
Jeffx

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:59 am

At this point with our improved defense and rebounding, and our overall length, we can take them in a 7 game series. I want to see how the Cavs look once they get IT back.

I think we are better equipped this season to make the finals.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:26 am

Sauru wrote:i have no issues with lue other than he is not a championship level coach. sadly that seems to be exactly what lebron wants.

so you could say the same then about all of the East? lue is due some credit for coaching the team that won the finals against the best team ever to not win a finals. or was it really kerr's fault??

i honestly don't know what makes a "good" coach anyway. player talent has to play a big role and as well as the staff he surrounds himself with. but after that what else? is lue a good coach because GSW couldn't counter the irving/lebron pick and roll? or getting mahimi or whatever slow big to switch on lebron? or maybe he's a bad coach because in last year's finals, he said screw it and unsuccessfully tried to outscore the Warriors in the elimination game?
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:55 pm

15 in a row.

Huge 3rd by Tatum, he is something else. Jaylen Brown with the most efficient game of his career.

Irving was clutch once again.

This team is so fun.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Jeffx wrote:Imagine how rough Boston would be if Heyward didn't get hurt.

Imho that wouldn't have allowed rest of Celtics players to overachieve as there would be less possession to share amongst the team and due to different style of playing they would have to play to fit Gordon's strength as a score/playmaker. Similar to the reason why the Knicks did not improve upon arrival of Carmelo when there was Stoudemire and Cos that were playing good.

Looking at the stats, this hype is only setting themselves nicely for a failure when the time calls for it. You just have too many guys overachieving. When rotation requires to be tightened and ball rotates to their stars in eagerness for them to do something, it's still Horford and Irving. Countering that will be easy.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Sauru on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:33 pm

air gordon wrote:
Sauru wrote:i have no issues with lue other than he is not a championship level coach. sadly that seems to be exactly what lebron wants.

so you could say the same then about all of the East? lue is due some credit for coaching the team that won the finals against the best team ever to not win a finals. or was it really kerr's fault??

i honestly don't know what makes a "good" coach anyway. player talent has to play a big role and as well as the staff he surrounds himself with. but after that what else? is lue a good coach because GSW couldn't counter the irving/lebron pick and roll? or getting mahimi or whatever slow big to switch on lebron? or maybe he's a bad coach because in last year's finals, he said screw it and unsuccessfully tried to outscore the Warriors in the elimination game?

what you are saying is coaching has no effect on the game and its 100% on the players?
Sauru

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:35 pm

Or, they can go to Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, or Marcus Morris who can also get there own shots.

Rozier as well.

You clearly havn't watched the Celtics this season. And if you have, it's very little. Jaylen Brown and Tatum have been creating there own shots against every team they have played.

Please watch more basketball, and try to understand it.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Sauru wrote:
air gordon wrote:

what you are saying is coaching has no effect on the game and its 100% on the players?

Coaching matters for many reasons. Developing your players (being the right influence), making sure your players are disciplined during practice, running and come up with the appropriate plays in practice, and making sure they are called and executed in games, calling timeouts at appropriate times in order to attempt to stop a run, or to just gather the troops, or for many different situational reasons, putting the right players on the floor at the right times depending on who the other team has out on the floor, motivating your players, disciplining your players at the right time during the game (yanking them if needed), etc etc.

Coaching makes a huge difference. Look at what coach Pop has done with his Spurs team this year without Leonard and Parker. They are 10-6, you think any coach would have that team at 10-6?

Brad Stevens connects with his players, he is well known for being a good situational coach, good with xs and os, etc.

It absolutely matters.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:42 pm

man just leave him alone. the kid is gonna sit in here talking shit until he is right "because everyone knows this pace wont hold" and then claim how he "was right" and "called it". i dont think he actually a fan of anyone, he is one of those people who watch sports for people to lose. you know the type, dudes who could less about the sox but hate the yankees. people who cant name 5 people from the all star team but insist lebron is like the 70th best player of all time because he lost in the finals. people who dont actually care about sports and rooting for a team but only want to watch other teams lose. seriously just pretend he does not exist and save your self some grey hairs
Sauru

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:46 pm

Sauru wrote:man just leave him alone. the kid is gonna sit in here talking shit until he is right "because everyone knows this pace wont hold" and then claim how he "was right" and "called it". i dont think he actually a fan of anyone, he is one of those people who watch sports for people to lose. you know the type, dudes who could less about the sox but hate the yankees. people who cant name 5 people from the all star team but insist lebron is like the 70th best player of all time because he lost in the finals. people who dont actually care about sports and rooting for a team but only want to watch other teams lose. seriously just pretend he does not exist and save your self some grey hairs

He deserves to be called out on blatant lies and trash. The stuff he says is so ridiculous, I literally don't think he watches basketball. He just knows some names (like Abdur- RAHEEM)...

It's not just about the Celtics, it's basketball in general. I am calling him out in the other threads as well. The shit he pulls in here stinks.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:49 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
Sauru wrote:man just leave him alone. the kid is gonna sit in here talking shit until he is right "because everyone knows this pace wont hold" and then claim how he "was right" and "called it". i dont think he actually a fan of anyone, he is one of those people who watch sports for people to lose. you know the type, dudes who could less about the sox but hate the yankees. people who cant name 5 people from the all star team but insist lebron is like the 70th best player of all time because he lost in the finals. people who dont actually care about sports and rooting for a team but only want to watch other teams lose. seriously just pretend he does not exist and save your self some grey hairs

He deserves to be called out on blatant lies and trash. The stuff he says is so ridiculous, I literally don't think he watches basketball. He just knows some names (like Abdur- RAHEEM)...

It's not just about the Celtics, it's basketball in general. I am calling him out in the other threads as well. The shit he pulls in here stinks.

yeah i used to be there too. i had to learn to ignore him. you know like the guy who tries to wash your windshield with shit paper? that Novu to me
Sauru

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:55 pm

Unfortunately, I am a bit stubborn on this one.

I don't take sides based on who is talking, I don't make up shit and backtrack when caught, etc. I've agreed with people I've debated with on here, even when some of the debates got heated.

His comments about basketball show pure ignorance, pure lack of knowledge about the NBA and the sport in general. His comments about players are so simple minded that I might think he is just making shit up to start trouble, or that the only thing he knows about basketball are based off of what he reads on the Internet, or maybe a collection of basketball cards.

I'll continue to call out stupid things he says.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Sauru, you in your shallow mind should realize know I don't hate particularly the Celtics, in fact I was rather a fan of them with Isaiah playing well. In fact my criticism this time around is very valid. Gordon's injury offered opportunities for the team, and they took full advantage of it.

;) Nice to see you have a nice romance going on there though, bud. Can't read half of it but should be a better love story than twighlight saga. lolz
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:29 pm

NovU wrote:Sauru, you in your shallow mind should realize know I don't hate particularly the Celtics, in fact I was rather a fan of them with Isaiah playing well. In fact my criticism this time around is very valid. Gordon's injury offered opportunities for the team, and they took full advantage of it.

;) Nice to see you have a nice romance going on there though, bud. Can't read half of it but should be a better love story than twighlight saga. lolz

Haywards injury gave the Celtics players opportunities, they took advantage of them (showing what they really have in Brown and Tatum, and others) and that somehow makes them a mere .500 ball club, or only able to rely on Horford and Irving in big moments.... that makes total sense.

Another flurry of stupid shit from NovU that makes no sense.

Romance? Another Jr High comment that makes me question your age again.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:56 am

Sauru wrote:[

you tell me. what makes a coach a good coach? specifically a championship level coach.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball