2017-18 Daily Discussion

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: 2017-18 Daily Discussion

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:59 pm

Cavs need to get rid of Shumpert, and get themselves a center. Shumpert is probably one of the worst NBA players of all-time. I don't know why Wade doesn't start at the point guard position instead of him when Rose is out.

Meh Rose will be fine. Before getting hurt, he had some good games. And that's all that we can hope for from the Isaiah Thomas backup.

Also, LeBron NEEDS TO PLAY SOME DEFENSE GODDAMMIT
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:37 am

It's probably not a great matchup for Wade defensively at point guard these days.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:19 am

the cavs problem is their coach. why anyone ever thought it was a good idea to make lue the coach i will never know. you could go outside right now and hire the very first person you see walk by and they would do a better job than lue
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 am

Since LeBron is the coach anyway, it'd probably be cheaper, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:38 pm

Wasnt Wade a starter to begin the season. He was absolutely dreadful. I thought he would do better as a sixth man since he would get more touches to get into a better rhythm. But it isnt happening.

Tbh, I really think he needs to retire. Fun is over. ; (
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Dude Wade was great today lol

About the "Kanter-LeBron-Ntilenka" scuffle today, how can these Knicks players get so salty over something that didn't even include them directly? LeBron just praised Dennis Smith Jr., nothing more. Somehow it turned into a diss towards Ntilenka and Kanter trying to pull a DeShawn Stevenson with LeBron:

Enes Kanter reiterates he won’t take LeBron talking about his rookie: “I don’t care what you call yourself — King, Queen, Princess.”

The rookie shouldn't be praised here because "he had the balls to stand up against LeBron and you gotta love that in a rookie", he just pushed LeBron twice trying to start something. I would've loved the rookie if he actually played well and not went around pushing LeBron to show his balls.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby NovU on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:29 am

SoF'nAwesome wrote:About the "Kanter-LeBron-Ntilenka" scuffle today, how can these Knicks players get so salty over something that didn't even include them directly? LeBron just praised Dennis Smith Jr., nothing more. Somehow it turned into a diss towards Ntilenka and Kanter trying to pull a DeShawn Stevenson with LeBron:

It is said it was a shot at Phil Jackson really not at the Knicks but still good reasons to feel salty for the Knicks I guess.

Nick < Dennis Jr. seems to be almost factual at this point but it needn't to be said.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:16 am

SoF'nAwesome wrote:Dude Wade was great today lol

About the "Kanter-LeBron-Ntilenka" scuffle today, how can these Knicks players get so salty over something that didn't even include them directly? LeBron just praised Dennis Smith Jr., nothing more. Somehow it turned into a diss towards Ntilenka and Kanter trying to pull a DeShawn Stevenson with LeBron:

Enes Kanter reiterates he won’t take LeBron talking about his rookie: “I don’t care what you call yourself — King, Queen, Princess.”

The rookie shouldn't be praised here because "he had the balls to stand up against LeBron and you gotta love that in a rookie", he just pushed LeBron twice trying to start something. I would've loved the rookie if he actually played well and not went around pushing LeBron to show his balls.

Did you actually watch the play? LeBron intentionally bullying Frank while he was trying to pick up the ball, and he intentionally was standing in the way (towering over looking down on) of a 19 year old trying to get to the out of bounds to pass the ball in.

Frank pushed him twice (good for him) because LeBron was being a tool, a damn bully. It's like that new kid who is trying to get to his locker, only to be blocked and stared down by the school bully.

I don't blame Kanter at all for standing up for him. Good for him, that's the teammate I want, not the one that tries to bully 19 year Olds and feels good about it. That's not a "welcome to the league, rook" basketball play, that's being a classless, toolbag bully.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:48 am

SoF'nAwesome wrote:Dude Wade was great today lol

you honestly dont see how the lebron comment could be considered insulting?
Sauru

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:05 pm

LeBron was right, you don't pick disgusting Frenchies early in the draft.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby air gordon on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:39 pm

No one is mentioning that’s great transition defense ;)
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:36 pm

I can't help but laugh at how people still find ways and jump at any opportunity to hate on the greatest basketball player ever to play the game after Kobe Bryant.

NovU wrote:Nick < Dennis Jr. seems to be almost factual at this point but it needn't to be said.

Yes, and that is all LeBron meant.

Dee4Three wrote:Did you actually watch the play? LeBron intentionally bullying Frank while he was trying to pick up the ball, and he intentionally was standing in the way (towering over looking down on) of a 19 year old trying to get to the out of bounds to pass the ball in.

Frank pushed him twice (good for him) because LeBron was being a tool, a damn bully. It's like that new kid who is trying to get to his locker, only to be blocked and stared down by the school bully.

I don't blame Kanter at all for standing up for him. Good for him, that's the teammate I want, not the one that tries to bully 19 year Olds and feels good about it. That's not a "welcome to the league, rook" basketball play, that's being a classless, toolbag bully.

Calm down with the use of "bully" there. Bullying is what Patrick Beverly did to Lonzo Ball.

Why is pushing him twice good for him? Like how? If he didn't get involved and kept cool, that's what would have come off as impressive because he would have showed composure instead of hot-headed basic actions that are expected from any 19yr old rookie.

Good for him, that's the teammate I want, not the one that tries to bully 19 year Olds and feels good about it.

So, if you are going to play in the NBA and you have an option to pick a teammate, you will pick Enes Kanter(who just keeps talking to the media over and over with the corny dialogues) over LeBron James(who everyone says is the best teammate to have on the court and off the court)? That says a lot about you.

Also please stop with the LeBron is "a bully and enjoys it" narrative.

Sauru wrote:you honestly dont see how the lebron comment could be considered insulting?

All LeBron meant was Knicks were fools to pass up on Dennis Smith Jr., because is such a great talent. He did not in anyway insinuate Frank Ntilikina was a bad player or the Knicks were a bad team because of him. It was a comment about Dennis Smith Jr., not about Frank Ntilikina. It was a comment about how Phil Jackson passed up on a great talent for his team.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Sauru on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:52 pm

i get what lebron was trying to say but it clearing is saying x is better than y therefore y can be offended by it. i dont disagree with lebron at all either but anyone would take offense if they were in franks shoes
Sauru

Postby NovU on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:00 pm

says the insolent crone...

SoF'nAwesome wrote:Calm down with the use of "bully" there. Bullying is what Patrick Beverly did to Lonzo Ball.

Why is pushing him twice good for him? Like how? If he didn't get involved and kept cool, that's what would have come off as impressive because he would have showed composure instead of hot-headed basic actions that are expected from any 19yr old rookie.

Calm down bud. This idiot Dee doesn't realize what 'bullying' really is. He just detests anything "LeBron" for some weird ass reasons only god knows why. He's got some issues, serious ones. Just avoid feeding the troll.

This idiot Dee licks Jordan's and Kobe's balls so hard yet he doesn't realize very stars he idolizes suit textbook definition of 'bullying' much more than LBJ could. This idiot also praises 80-90s era players for being tough, rough and competitive natured, and yet when LBJ does it for once, he starts dancing like a kid on sugar rush and attacks LBJ. This same idiot also says to hate LBJ for being soft, that makes LBJ a textbook bully who's soft as fuck if that makes much sense, while reality is that LBJ is more widely regarded as a lover both on and off the floor than a fighter. LBJ is a soft, loving bully(?). lol

Well, he seems to like fighters then, right? Kobe and Jordan both were fighters, almost psychopaths who actually were more 'bullies' than LBJ ever was. Google, thousand of stories will show up, for both on and off court encounters. But this idiot wouldn't call them anything but bullies, but has audacity to create entire thread dedicated to LBJ so that we must know how much of a 'textbook bully' LBJ is.

For crying out loud, do not bother dealing with him, he causes you a brain cancer.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:12 am

So Fn Awesome, what he did is kind of the definition of Bully.

And yes, I take Kanter who sticks up for his teammates all the time rather than the player who has a history of throwing his teammates under the bus. If that tells a lot about my character... GOOD! That's fantastic! I hope people look at me like that!

NovU, at this point, you are just throwing shit against the wall and hoping it sticks because you are hurt.

So Fn Awesome, no hard feelings. We just disagree on the play. That's the point here, to agree and disagree.

BTW, We had a thread created for Sebastian Telfair, creating a thread to talk about this play is more than relevant to this forum. Judging by the amount of comments of people agreeing and disagreeing, I think that proves that.

To those disagreeing, good talk. It looks like a mixed bag of who agrees and disagrees on the nature of the act.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:23 am

NovU wrote:For crying out loud, do not bother dealing with him, he causes you a brain cancer.

Yo I don't want no brain cancer, homie :lol:

But just for another time.

Dee4Three wrote:So Fn Awesome, what he did is kind of the definition of Bully.

No, it is not. Not even close.

And yes, I take Kanter who sticks up for his teammates all the time rather than the player who has a history of throwing his teammates under the bus. If that tells a lot about my character... GOOD! That's fantastic! I hope people look at me like that!

Well people are certainly gonna look at you like that. LeBron is a leader, he does not throw his teammates under the bus, he only motivates them. Knicks Jr. Smith is a prime example of the leadership effect LeBron has. And you picked Kanter because he sticks up for his teammates, does LeBron not do that?

The only thing that says about your character is that you are not logical and you have an anti-LeBron fetish.

NovU, at this point, you are just throwing shit against the wall and hoping it sticks because you are hurt.

Did he say anything that was untrue tho?

So Fn Awesome, no hard feelings. We just disagree on the play. That's the point here, to agree and disagree.

Well, we aren't talking about the play here. You are saying how the evil high school toolbag bully LeBron James who throws teammates under the bus was in the wrong here and I am saying he was not. To disagree just means your hatred for LeBron is too deep and beyond logic, which seems like a hard feeling on your end.

BTW, We had a thread created for Sebastian Telfair, creating a thread to talk about this play is more than relevant to this forum. Judging by the amount of comments of people agreeing and disagreeing, I think that proves that.

Yes, this might have been thread-worthy. But certainly not with that title and the YouTube link you provided.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:11 am

No, I don't have an anti-LeBron fetish. I have my opinions about LeBron that are negative, that doesn't make it a fetish. It's no different than other people (Including yourself) commenting on something (or things) you dislike about a player. Because it's about LeBron, it's magnified.

I consider the play a classless, bully play. And I stick by that, you perceive it differently. That's why I said no hard feelings. We can disagree on this play, that's the point.

The youtube link actually shows the play... which corresponds with the title. Of course I am going to show the play in question if available, how is that even being contested? I showed a youtube link of the play that I had a problem with... what the hell are you talking about? Porzingis flopping was discussed in another thread (Oh, the fact that I hate it when he does it, and other players, but that's not me having a fetish about Porzingis.. that's me just calling it like I see it), during this discussion I posted a youtube video of Porzingis flopping, and him winking at Howard, you commented that you thought what Porzingis did was a problem and even mentioned the wink in the video, stating that he is only 22 and that you think it will get worse. So.. posting that youtube video of Porzingis winking because it's relevant to the Porzingis flopping conversation is relevant, and the LeBron video is not.. how? I mentioned that I think KG is a damn tool, that I think he also was a bully and played a fake tough guy, does that mean I have a fetish about KG? You guys want to make it about that, because it's LeBron James and you are being defensive, when really it's not a fetish with LeBron, it's commenting on plays/acts that I perceive negatively.

Think about how silly that is, saying that a youtube link of the actual play is going to far... in a thread about the actual play.... So are you upset that I showed a youtube video about LeBron as part of a discussion, and not upset about me showing a video of Porzingis in a discussion (Both negative plays/acts). Does that mean you are just upset because it's about LeBron?

And the title is absolutely relevant to how I feel about the play. I was the thread originator, it doesn't mean you have to agree with the title, but there is nothing wrong with me putting that as the title as I am the thread creator and that's how I feel about it.

It's absolutely thread worthy.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:25 am

Dee4Three wrote:
hova- wrote:The one on Nurkic was a charge imho, but no flagrant. The one on Westbrook is ridculous.

It wasn't a charge, look where Nurkic is standing. He is right in the middle of the restricted area.

I know this is far gone and I missed it thats why I did not answer - but you call a defensive foul on somebody when he gets an elbow in his face and does not touch the offensive player before being hit? No matter where he is standing, he gets elbowed by the offensive player and that is not a defensive foul.

Reminds me of those "Blake Griffin destroys Pau Gasol" dunks some years ago where he would clearly just jump in Gasol and throw an arm in his face making it a "poster", where it is clearly a foul to throw an elbow and then get the contact. I hate that.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:35 am

hova- wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
hova- wrote:The one on Nurkic was a charge imho, but no flagrant. The one on Westbrook is ridculous.

It wasn't a charge, look where Nurkic is standing. He is right in the middle of the restricted area.

I know this is far gone and I missed it thats why I did not answer - but you call a defensive foul on somebody when he gets an elbow in his face and does not touch the offensive player before being hit? No matter where he is standing, he gets elbowed by the offensive player and that is not a defensive foul.

Reminds me of those "Blake Griffin destroys Pau Gasol" dunks some years ago where he would clearly just jump in Gasol and throw an arm in his face making it a "poster", where it is clearly a foul to throw an elbow and then get the contact. I hate that.

I don't agree with the circle as it is, I'm just saying that's the rule. I don't think Melo was being malicious, I think he was trying to create contact and Nurkic also jumped forward into him. I don't think the contact was meant to be a headshot.

Either way, i don't like the semi circle as it is. The original ruling on the floor was a basket and foul, and I think that's because of where Nurkic was standing.

I think the semi circle encourages plowing, it encourages players to try and get calls even more. It's why I am not a fan of it.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:34 am

random squibs- harden had some outrageous stats this past week. doesn't get much mentioned here but this guy is just nasty

philly defied the odds and did the LA sweep despite staying in LA for several days. Embiid. wow
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Lamrock on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:09 am

I'm on the Philly bandwagon until Embiid goes down in a couple weeks. This team is fun to watch! I wish Portland would hire Hinkie, but I think he's been blacklisted.
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:21 am

air gordon wrote:random squibs- harden had some outrageous stats this past week. doesn't get much mentioned here but this guy is just nasty

He gets criticised a lot, and not unfairly in some respects, but he's also supremely talented.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:37 pm

fr do you guys think Cavs will be able to beat Celtics in the ECF? Even with Isaiah Thomas, I don't see this team beating the young Celtics team.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:50 pm

I wouldn't count them out yet, but Celtics are looking really, really good.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:06 am

again curry having a knack for picking up stupid fouls. smh

brown had some great individual defense. KD hit some tough shots on him.

Monroe is crap on defense so i guess he's right up the sun's alley for the their tank
Jump.
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball