The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:41 am

StyxTx wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
This game Is getting MURDERED on Steam reviews.

Which means 2k will probably pull the plug on any future PC version.

I wouldn't even be surprised to be honest.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:44 am

The user reviews for PS4 and X1 aren't much better, though. The question is, will the message get through, or will they keep pointing to the "professional" reviews (which have admittedly been scoring the game a little lower this year as well, though nowhere near as much)?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jwin on Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:27 pm

dee, here is a clip where the defender teodosic cuts off my attempt to get by him with fultz, while what you are saying is true and does occur for me as well, in my experience the cpu actually does sometimes cut that drive off, and others i can blow by it, but i can't do it every time like you do, maybe 2k can do something about this

http://plays.tv/video/59f3f6b7d53c8280bd/hip-riding
jwin

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:13 pm

You didn't get shut off, you weren't running in a straight line, it looks like you started in a running motion attempting to go around (running sideways) but not in a straight line.

You would have gotten by him 100% if you had called an iso where you caught the ball, and just ran forward. If you watch my videos, I am doing that and getting by them 100% of the time.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:24 pm

Dee4Three wrote:But all of those people have vanished...

Perhaps they vanished just because this thread goes in circles while they just play the game.

While you complain about 2K18, you tried to fix 2K17 with old update and sliders, which you achieve partially. But why not staying on 2K15 which is better in my opinion in terms of gameplay ?

About ACE : it seems that it isnt activated for CPU.
So start a new quick game, change side, activate it on CPU side and change help defense at 100.
Then switch back to your side. It fix partially easy drive Dee'SO system, CPU center will help more often.
sticky-fingers

Postby diamenz on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:11 pm

I didn't vanish, I said my piece and i'm done. if you're frustrated with 2k18, play 17. my job isn't to convince u otherwise.
diamenz

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:28 am

I could have left the vanished comment out, so I apologize for that.

It's not going in circles, it's continuing to harp on the issue and being examples to light that show how bad it is.

And I have tried basically any slider set, including the most extreme. Stop acting like I am not attempting to fix or curve it. Christ, I've made 4 videos with different sliders which take awhile to make. It's a gameplay mechanic issue that can't be curved or fixed reasonably.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby fjccommish on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:00 am

I keep hoping to read that this game breaking issue is fixed.
fjccommish

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:47 am

This thread was about defensive problem / easy drive / useless sliders.
And for me, you mostly convinced me on this points.

I write mostly because easy drives happen in NBA (but never in 2K16/17 vs HoF CPU) :

phpBB [video]

Not only MVP candidates, but even Joe Ingles ;) :

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

And even vs Kawhi ;) :
phpBB [video]

Now, you talk about VC (related to all NBA2K on next gen, apotheosis this year), dead atmosphear (mostly the same than 2K15), awful 3D models (not new) etc...
All kind of flaws that 2K should fix, but add year after year.
While i'm agree on theses points (and you can check my old wishlists), this is not new, and not related to the subject.

You can be frustrated about 2K18 for the reasons you explain, but you have to be more objective IMO because if all is about gameplay, then we shouldnt talk about 2K16/17/18.
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:08 am

Stickey, the issues that I have discussed are black and white.

And the other issues I brought up go along with the defense, it shows 2ks lack of understanding of the real game of basketball, and the creation of problems. It's absolutely relevant in here. Want me to create a different thread for every problem I discuss? I'm keeping a lot of it in here because it still goes with the overall quality of the game.

I brought up the lighting in 2K15 being really poor and unrealistic. The difference is with 2k17, I can get by the CPU with the right player and the right move, players differentiate from eachother with those abilities to get by the guy. I don't have to say again how NBA 2K17 had its issues, I've mentioned them many times, including being bumped into staggering motions.

It's not objectable on the offensive issues I am discussing. Literally black and white, it's on my videos with jacked up slider sets as well. It's a major problem and a gamebreaker for me. Just like players all blending in together on the court. It's a gamebreaker. That issue alone would make me never want to play this game. Combine that with all the other issues, and this game is very, very poor.

It's not only getting killed because or VC, people are also complaining about aspects of the gameplay like constant missed layups by NBA players, and the skating. This thread is to bring to light the indisputable issue of the game being a very flawed arcade game masquerading as a sim, and to draw attention to NBA 2K's team that does not have the ability to put out a realistic basketball game in 2017. The fact that it gets a 8.8 on metacritic because of mostly paid reviewers, and a 3.0 by users who actually play the game. The same on Steam where the user reviews are like 98% negative.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby skoadam on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:54 am

sticky-fingers, you are just wrong dude and to be honest, whenever i read your post it sounds like trolling.
Image Image Image

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [41 Complete Seasons Mods + Bonus Rosters]

2022/2023 2021/2022 2020/2021 2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013
2011/2012 2010/2011 2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003
2001/2002 2000/2001 1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993
1991/1992 1990/1991 1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985 1969/1970 1961/1962
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:04 am

skoadam wrote:sticky-fingers, you are just wrong dude and to be honest, whenever i read your post it sounds like trolling.

When I suggest to activate CPU ACE and help defense, is it trolling ? Have you tried ?

BTW skoadam, your great work for this community doesnt allow you to come here to bash me, even more without any argument.
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:18 am

I appreciate the suggestions, and I've uploaded videos with your suggestions and others.

Btw, I will do that and see what happens. Maybe I'll even upload ANOTHER video.

Sko, I feel like some of it has to be trolling sometimes, but Stickey is trying to figure out a fix, which Isn't a bad thing.

I will try it. But jesus, there's a reason this thread exists. I took my work vacation for the year when 2K18 came out, I was so excited. I'm as disappointed as anybody.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby StyxTx on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:16 am

Dee4Three wrote:The fact that it gets a 8.8 on metacritic because of mostly paid reviewers, and a 3.0 by users who actually play the game. The same on Steam where the user reviews are like 98% negative.

It's more like 75% negative, but still, that is pretty bad. :)

I've even read some positive reviews from people who say they have no problem with the VC situation. Those people lose any credibility in my eyes as soon as I read that. Something just doesn't seem right about that. Maybe a 2k employee. Who knows.
StyxTx

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:10 pm

StyxTx wrote:I've even read some positive reviews from people who say they have no problem with the VC situation. Those people lose any credibility in my eyes as soon as I read that. Something just doesn't seem right about that. Maybe a 2k employee. Who knows.

If you only play quick games and my league, which is my case, you really dont care about VC because you dont have to use it.
And i really dont care about others game modes. I just want to play old schoold Bball game 5vs5, human vs human/CPU.
So at this point, 2K18 doesnt desserve a 3.0 nor a 8.8. And I'm not a 2K employee.
sticky-fingers

Postby StyxTx on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:52 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:
StyxTx wrote:I've even read some positive reviews from people who say they have no problem with the VC situation. Those people lose any credibility in my eyes as soon as I read that. Something just doesn't seem right about that. Maybe a 2k employee. Who knows.

If you only play quick games and my league, which is my case, you really dont care about VC because you dont have to use it.
And i really dont care about others game modes. I just want to play old schoold Bball game 5vs5, human vs human/CPU.
So at this point, 2K18 doesnt desserve a 3.0 nor a 8.8. And I'm not a 2K employee.

This is what he said.

"The VC situation doesn't bother me directly because I had no interest in my career - but after playing I learned that even in regular games they drag out how long they take so that you can't earn VC as quickly."

So it seems he does play modes that require VC. He kinda contradicts himself in that one sentence. I don't know what other modes require VC because I never played anything other than career.
StyxTx

Postby StyxTx on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:56 pm

I love this guy's take because it's probably true. :lol:

"I'm convinced that if I turned up to 2k's headquarters with a gunshot wound and told them to call me an ambulance they'd ask me to pay VC first."
StyxTx

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:14 am

StyxTx wrote:but after playing I learned that even in regular games they drag out how long they take so that you can't earn VC as quickly."

So it seems he does play modes that require VC.

Both sentences are wrong for Quick Play and MyLeague.
And in 2K18, I dont have 2K's advert for MyTeam that happened sometimes in 2K17.
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:31 am

The bottom line, if you think about things globally and care how it impacts the population, it doesn't matter if VC impacts you directly in game. I never need VC in 2K because I don't play those modes, but I care A LOT about the issue for many reasons.

1. In the state of the economy today, where the middle and lower class are so highly disregarded, and income has never caught up to inflation, $60 for a game is enough. To prey on children is also preying on parents, because children who don't have that money will be begging parents in order to give them money for VC, and many parents will play along. Children will use savings or whatever other means to get more VC so they can compete, or get a damn haircut, or an accessory, etc.

2. Even if a person bought the $150 version of the game (yes, $150 for a video game) the 200k VC still doesn't go as far as you would think. That's right, even the $150 version of the game has people begging for VC.

3. It's not like the system rewards you when you do put that money in. In regards to haircuts, if you want to change it to a different one, you lose the one you bought and have to buy it again if you want it back. That's like me buying NBA 2K17, and after buying NBA 2K18 2K rips it out of my Steam inventory and says "welp, you bought the new game so we will be taking 2K17 out of your inventory, if you want to play it again you will have to buy it back". It's insane.

In 2K17, the VC grab was bad, and people complained about it. But this year from what I see, they took it to a whole new level. It really is preying on our youth, and pressuring our parents. No other way to look at it. They grind out the game intentionally to pressure human beings to shell out money in order to be a good enough player so they are able to stay socially active and confident in the game.

I care about this issue in a big way, I hate the "if you don't like it, don't play it" "just go play live" garbage. We are human beings, and if you care about other human beings, if you care about others being taken advantage of (which I hope all of you do) the issue impacts you no matter what. It's parasitic people who prey on others who enforce something like this.

That, to go along with the complete disconnect from real basketball (gameplay and atmosphere wise), make this title an embarrassment in my opinion.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:55 am

The fact is, when i play 2K18 - the way i play it, not the way that 2K want I play - i'm not disturbed at all by this VC shit.
I really dont care about other modes.

So the rest is pure philosophy.
VC system is worst this year, fact.
But if you think globally, you dont buy any AAA games with microtransactions because this method stinks as you describe it well.
That's the reason why I had no scruples to buy 2K18 on (dark) grey market.

2K should release 2 games.
MyVCmode as a free to play, and NBA2K as a bball game.
Problem is that today, i'm sure that most of players play MyVCShittyModes :roll:
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:04 am

sticky-fingers wrote:The fact is, when i play 2K18 - the way i play it, not the way that 2K want I play - i'm not disturbed at all by this VC shit.

But if you think globally, you dont buy any AAA games with microtransactions because this method stinks as you describe it well.

Problem is that today, i'm sure that most of players play MyVCShittyModes :roll:

So, because it doesn't impact you directly you are not disturbed? Even buying it on the grey market you are supporting the product. That's what I'm getting at. As in, you are not heavily concerned about 2Ks approach to prey on kids and adults alike?

You don't consider the business practices of a company you support a very important matter? This is what I am getting at. You don't think this sets a horrible example for other gaming titles as well? And, it sets a greedy example to our youth.

That's not me putting words in your mouth, or attempting to, but do you see where I am coming from?

Big picture, everybody should care about it. I care deeply that a company would get almost a 9 by reviewers, but the consumers who buy the product don't even give it a 4. That's the ultimate in video game politics, it's the ultimate example of a disconnect with the consumers, the consumers keep the company in business. Without the consumers, 2K doesn't exist.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby StyxTx on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:13 am

sticky-fingers wrote:The fact is, when i play 2K18 - the way i play it, not the way that 2K want I play - i'm not disturbed at all by this VC shit.

I care about VC crap even though I didn't even buy 2k18. I despise ANY company that takes advantage of people, period. Each year they are taking more and more advantage of people. Yes, you can put a lot of the blame on the people who continue to buy the VC, but it isn't exactly kosher for a company to intentionally set out to take advantage of those people by putting more and more behind the VC wall. This is why I have no respect left for 2k basketball and it bleeds over because I will not buy ANY 2k game because of their predatory ways.
StyxTx

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:29 am

Dee4Three wrote:You don't consider the business practices of a company you support a very important matter?

That's what i said, philosophy...
If you really care about this great idea, about customers, about children, if "you think globally", then you never buy anything produced by children, by third world countries, you never buy any "american" or "european" manufactured things, including computers, clothes, shoes...
"Big picture", Welcome to the Real World, dude.
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:46 am

We can not like aspects of things, but buy and still make our voices heard. That's the point of feedback. That is what I am getting at.

I bought the game, but I don't support the direction of the company. I am making it known that I don't support that direction.

By the way, don't act like you know me. You have no idea the hell I have been through in my life, don't "welcome to the real world" me, I am very aware of my surroundings and how horrible and unjust people and corporations can be.

I will say again... consumer feedback is the ultimate feeback, it should be everything for a company. The VC approach is disturbing and should be brought to light (which a lot of people are doing).

Don't make the issue seem smaller because other corporations do equal or worse. It is still a big issue.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bongo88 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:36 am

surprised this tread is still going on. anyways,

found this thread interesting at os.
https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... st-me.html

i found that i have naturally played with both sticks on defense... probably some habit i picked up from the older 2k games i been playing. anyways, i watching this thread because if it proves to be effective, then it means 2k simply balanced gameplay for human vs human and gave human vs cpu a shorter end of the stick. which kinda makes sense given all the esport rumors and such that i heard earlier.

does this help with human vs cpu blow by? nope. unless 2k apply a patch where elite defenders utulize the right stick properly on defense. 2k has gone less and less properly programming cpu interaction (the rotations and badges alone i had to fix were ridiculous) but i do like they gave me options to fix stuff.

anyways, about vc... most companies are headed that direction because of gaming "whales"

http://store.steampowered.com/curator/30654888/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-A3fm_9qFQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U (this video was back in 2014 and was a great forecast of future gaming state)

i personally blame the mobile market. once mobile gaming hit the masses, then developers found out how to extract excess money through microtransactions and loot boxes. it is probably a similar trigger comparable to casino gambling.

anyways, the big aaa publishers know the numbers and recent aaa games have loot boxes. it seems to be working because more games have included them. it's the future of gaming. maybe in a decade or so there wont be any big budget, single player games.... due to those "whales". golly, bethesda's released skyrim like 18 times allready, just to extract more money from the general populace. And valve hasn't made a game in forever, simply updates tf2/csgo boxes, skins.

anyways, dunno if you wander around OS, but the cover a variety of topics.
bongo88

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18