The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:32 am

Ron Baker belongs on a 70 or 80's show, like The Wonder Years.

Meanwhile, the Knicks apparently are not paying attention in practice and don't know the plays. You wonder if Hornacek is a big softie and doesn't have control of his team. If you are running practices where players are just screwing around and not paying attention, I question if you have lost control or ever had any.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/knicks-courtney-lee-says-some-players-dont-know-plays-need-to-pay-more-attention/

Porzingis looked sloppy and lost in the loss to the C's. He was fumbling so many passes. I understand he puts up big scoring games, but every game I have ever watched him play in he is underwhelming.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:47 am

The knicks are what I expect them to be, a losing rebuilding team. Iam frustrated that the rookie appears to be made of glass but the rest of it is what I expected.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:08 am

mp3 wrote:The knicks are what I expect them to be, a losing rebuilding team. Iam frustrated that the rookie appears to be made of glass but the rest of it is what I expected.

...and yet, idiots will fill MSG to watch this sh*t-show. Sixteen years of this crap and no end in sight.
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:26 pm

One of the biggest problems we have had with rebuilding is the fans, they might fill the seats but they don't want to see a lottery team play so call for quick fix trades or for someone to get fired.
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:15 am

I'm sick of Hardaway Jr. already. He breaks off plays, looks off teammates to jack up bad shots, pouts, has poor closeouts on shooters and many times hardly makes an effort to fight through picks. He hasn't matured at all.
Jeffx

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:15 pm

He's the perfect Knicks player then.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby air gordon on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:15 am

mp3 wrote:One of the biggest problems we have had with rebuilding is the fans, they might fill the seats but they don't want to see a lottery team play so call for quick fix trades or for someone to get fired.

would you say a lot of the attendance is due to it being a tourist attraction? even up to now, out of towners ask me to bring them to the united center to at least see the Jordan statue, sometimes see a basketball game. it's fairly easy to get a cheap tickets from 2nd party sites as well
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby mp3 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:31 am

From people I talk too fellow knicks fans who get to go to gets offten say that alot of seats are through corporate companies who let employees go for free when there not wining and dining clients, then you have your hardcores and I think yeah tourist's like myself when in NY would go to as many games as I could despite the record or owners.

I went to 4 games when in Orlando and some of the guys I went with went to 3 knicks games last year when they were there so I guess that plays a big factor.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:30 pm

I imagine tourism and the general appeal of seeing an NBA game in Madison Square Garden is a factor. Comparing it to the situation AG brought up, I'd probably want to catch a Bulls game at the United Center if I were visiting Chicago. It's obviously not the ideal time to do so given the current state of the team, but I'd still want the experience given the opportunity. It'd be a similar situation with the Knicks. Beyond that, I think it's habit for a lot of long-time supporters. Fans have fanatical devotion, after all. It can be hard to break that. If nothing else, you might just want to see other teams and players live.

With all that being said, the Knicks are actually 6-4 so far in the early stages of the season. It's probably not going to last, but on the bright side, Porzingas is having some huge games.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:16 am

But would you want to go to msg or the united center if you lived there? I consider myself a fan but I'm not going there unless it's free or at a considerably big discount.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:55 am

Watched the Knicks/Hornets game.

That flopping crap Porzingis was pulling in the final few minutes of the game with Dwight guarding him was complete crap. He just kept falling down, and the crowd was going "OHHHHHHHHH" like Howard actually did something. Howard wasn't even playing physical, KP was just being a wimp and trying to get calls, I hate that type of basketball.

However, it was nice to see the Knicks second unit really pull it together in the second half, Hornacek did the right thing by keeping them on the floor for extended minutes. A big three and drive for Porzingis late, and Tim Hardaway Jr hit a big three as well. Nice to see some energy from the fans and players in NY. Tough for some teams to guard Porzingis when he is literally able to put the ball on the floor from the three point line and take 2 steps and be at the hoop. His length is ridiculous.

Good game all around though.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:55 am

For all the NY cats, I hope you heard Bernard King on WFAN with Joe & Evan earlier this morning. He was plugging his new book, "Game Face". Great interview....BK talked about his career, and the crap he dealt with (from law enforcement) while in Tennessee. Eye-opening stuff - I have to pick up the book.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:48 am

air gordon wrote:But would you want to go to msg or the united center if you lived there? I consider myself a fan but I'm not going there unless it's free or at a considerably big discount.

If I'd never seen a game live before, or there was another team or player I really wanted to see when they were in town, possibly. If I were in your position, living there and having caught games live during better times, I think I'd be far less likely to spend money to see this team live.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:00 am

I don't care what nba city I was in I'd go to whatever nba team played there I love the game that much and is something I've fancied doing since I read the book "Travelling" by John Nordowl(sp?)
mp3

Postby air gordon on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:39 am

Fair enough. For me I work too hard to give my money away

Cable and internet is already a pain. Pass on overpriced food and drink and a shitty Bulls team

Granted Il make the drive down to Milwaukee to watch a real nba team play at least once a year ;)
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:10 am

LeBron should worry about his own team instead of commenting on the Knicks' first round pick.

Cavs-Knicks tonight at the Garden.

.....and in typical Knick fashion, they're f-n things up by bringing back Noah, only because they were stupid enough give him that insane contract.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:54 am

Well, when you call yourself The King and get a tattoo declaring yourself as the "Chosen One", humility and keeping your opinions to yourself is probably not your strong suit. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:11 pm

I don't follow the Knicks like that, but does Porzingis always flop like a bitch?
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:25 pm

Yes, he's a bitch.
For all the shit things Phil Jackson did to the Knicks it's still no excuse for Porzingis skipping the team exit meeting last season. Not yet Dwight Howard level of bitch but Porzingis is getting there whenever he bitches out when things go bad.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:01 am

SoF'nAwesome wrote:I don't follow the Knicks like that, but does Porzingis always flop like a bitch?

Yes, and hes proud of it.

I watched this game, he flopped all over the place for the final 5 minutes of the game. It was ugly as all hell. Play like a man...

phpBB [video]

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:45 am

SoF'nAwesome wrote:I don't follow the Knicks like that, but does Porzingis always flop like a bitch?

i mean as an nba player you are expected to flop like a bitch so if he didnt i would say he is not earning his money
Sauru

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Sauru wrote:i mean as an nba player you are expected to flop like a bitch so if he didnt i would say he is not earning his money

Yes, but when you wink about it after getting away it becomes a bit more than that. Also, Porzingis is only 22, how do you think this will go as he gets older?
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Sauru on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:54 pm

SoF'nAwesome wrote:
Sauru wrote:i mean as an nba player you are expected to flop like a bitch so if he didnt i would say he is not earning his money

Yes, but when you wink about it after getting away it becomes a bit more than that. Also, Porzingis is only 22, how do you think this will go as he gets older?

i assume he will get better at it as all the best players do
Sauru

Postby hova- on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:01 am

I do that when playing soccer all the time. You feel contact, you make it look good, ref calls it, you smile at the opponent.

Basketball is mind games and cleverness, not only pure skill.

Being fair is to not voluntarily injure players or going beyond good taste with your trash talk. Not to forget that I really never understood how all these brawls happen. As if phsyical fight has ever solved a conflict (oh well maybe it has, but I just see myself as a rational human who wants to avoid physical altercation)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:50 am

So fake it until you make it mind set?

So you are okay if a game is decided by a flop? many games are decided by one or two baskets, so if no real contact is made (Or minimal contact that wouldn't be a foul) and a player fakes getting hit and a call is made, you are okay with that? I think that's a cheap way to play and win, or even compete.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball