2017-18 Daily Discussion

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Nba opening night

Postby Jackal on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:29 am

Ah, that makes sense. I was a lot more entertained by the Celtics Cavs game, perhaps just wanting the team to collectively pick it up after the injury. They came back from double digits too, would've been something if Irving made that last shot.

The Warriors and Rockets though, CP3 is enjoyable to watch when he's not flailing or looking to do some sneaky shit. Harden is unwatchable. Dance dance dance pull up three or foul, get that shit out of here. Gordon played like a beast though. Three's, drives, and-1's..glad he's doing well. Swaggy was lighting it up for the Dubs as well. Goofy ol' uncle P.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:35 am

Jackal wrote:I have to disagree. All the three's just don't make for an interesting game to me. This is why I don't find the all star game interesting either.

Sure it came close at the end but what's fun about trading three's and layups. Defense was there for a few plays and then just let guys go by or shoot on most others.

I'm glad the Warriors lost though. Fuck Durant. Soft ass bitch.

what game were you watching?

and what is an interesting game to you?
also Gordon did not hit a 3 ;)

houston is one of the few teams that can beat GSW in a playoff series. it was a good watch to me seeing d'antoni come up with a successful game plan.. at least for one game.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:45 am

The Cavs Celts was interesting to me. It wasn't a layup line.

God forbid someone not enjoy a game. Glad you did. Good for you.

Also what game plan to beat them? They lucked out with Curry picking up early fouls, being disjointed as a team and then losing Green. They weren't clicking as a unit and still almost won the game.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:57 am

Jackal wrote:I'm glad the Warriors lost though. Fuck Durant. Soft ass bitch.

Agreed. Extra happy he thought he was the hero but was too late.

It was a crazy game and with the way both teams shoot 3s, no lead would ever be big enough. 17 pt deficit? Oh that's only 6 possessions

The scoring looked so easy that every miss/stop/rebound was super exciting to me lol
Plus all of Eric Gordon's drives were great to see. Made me miss watching him when he was on the clippers
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:06 am

Jackal wrote:The Cavs Celts was interesting to me. It wasn't a layup line.

God forbid someone not enjoy a game. Glad you did. Good for you.

Also what game plan to beat them? They lucked out with Curry picking up early fouls, being disjointed as a team and then losing Green. They weren't clicking as a unit and still almost won the game.

Thanks. im glad the nba is back.
CP3 played hurt so it evens out. Curry is an idiot of having the habit of picking up stupid fouls and then he got picked on in the 4th. good stuff.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:26 am

CP3 played injured and still beat the Warriors. I like how the new rivalry is fuming in west. I expect the Spurs to be weaken tho.

The celtics are screwed. This was a win now mode team. No matter how you put it, Gordon injury broke a lot of celtics fans heart. Looking more like the Bucks are the best bet this season to Cavs dominance now. Fingers crossed they remain healthy.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:40 am

NovU wrote:CP3 played injured and still beat the Warriors. I like how the new rivalry is fuming in west. I expect the Spurs to be weaken tho.

The celtics are screwed. This was a win now mode team. No matter how you put it, Gordon injury broke a lot of celtics fans heart. Looking more like the Bucks are the best bet this season to Cavs dominance now. Fingers crossed they remain healthy.

I don't agree on the C's. I think they can still challenge Cleveland. They have super young talent in Irving, Tatum, Brown and Smart. They can compete this year, and will be even better next year.

I equate WIN NOW mode to a team that has aging veterans like the C's did before they let KG and Paul go. After they were traded, it was rebuild time. Or a team that has a star or stars threatening to leave in the offseason. This is a young team that won't only compete this year, but for years to come.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:19 am

I'm excited at what I saw last night from the Rockets. Though without Green's injury, the outcome probably would've been different. What I liked most was seeing Ariza-Tucker-Mbah a Moute in the same lineup. Active in the passing lanes and on the boards (though they probably wouldn't hold up against a Spurs or New Orleans team rebounding-wise).

Even with Chris Paul on the team, there was a little too much Harden dancing possessions that ended with an ill-advised three. I'd say the Rockets were lucky to come away with a win considering they had a chance to ice the game in the penultimate possession. But a win is a win. :D
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Sauru on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:30 am

the celtics were in no way shape or form in win now mode. they are a very young team and this is just a ridiculous statement to make. however coming from novu this was a much better post than i was expecting. honestly i thought you would be throwing a parade right now. probably rubbed a few out in celebration i expect
Sauru

Postby [Q] on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:17 am

Cp3 was hurt, no green, no iguodala, plus Houston has no idea how to play with each other yet so next game will be interesting
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:21 am

Sauru. Your expectation probably was reasonable and realistic. But looking at circumstances Ainge did commit to competing. You have 3 max stars for years to come and was top seeded, only 7 wins away from championship in previous season. A lot of Celtics fans were smoking high.

Year removed probably means little though might have been nicer to mesh early and figure out adjustment to make in order to improve while East remains ruins.

Hard not to call this a setback and huge disappointment.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Stress Fracture on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Axel. wrote:I'm excited at what I saw last night from the Rockets. Though without Green's injury, the outcome probably would've been different. What I liked most was seeing Ariza-Tucker-Mbah a Moute in the same lineup. Active in the passing lanes and on the boards (though they probably wouldn't hold up against a Spurs or New Orleans team rebounding-wise).

Even with Chris Paul on the team, there was a little too much Harden dancing possessions that ended with an ill-advised three. I'd say the Rockets were lucky to come away with a win considering they had a chance to ice the game in the penultimate possession. But a win is a win. :D

Don't forget Ryan Anderson being active on the boards. Never seen him that active.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:00 am

NovU wrote:You have 3 max stars for years to come

Right, and that's why this isn't a Win Now moment, which is why your original comment didn't make any sense. Next season, Irving will be 26, Tatum 20, and Jaylen Brown will be 21, Rozier and Smart will be 24 next season, Horford's game translates nicely into his early/mid 30's (Like David West's did). We are setup for the future, Win Now mode is literally WIN NOW, like this season.

As stated prior, I still believe we compete this season. And, this could be a blessing in disguise, as it will give Tatum and Brown even more run, and both of them are going to be exceptional NBA players.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:12 am

Dammit Jeremy Lin ruptured patellar tendon out for the season. Waiting for Kobe's message
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:15 am

[Q] wrote:Dammit Jeremy Lin ruptured patellar tendon out for the season. Waiting for Kobe's message

His reaction was pretty sad, he broke down when he realized how serious it was (While he was still on the floor). I feel bad for him.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:54 am

Sure, call it whatever you may wish my friend. What may have been Fultz or Lonzo turned into immediate asset. See, its about perspective.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:06 am

NovU wrote:Sure, call it whatever you may wish my friend. What may have been Fultz or Lonzo turned into immediate asset. See, its about perspective.

Want to expand?

Not sure what you are getting at with that statement. Want to explain how that has anything to do with you saying the Celtics are in Win Now mode?

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:11 am

I don't know why anyone wanna drag this non important discussion.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:16 am

NovU wrote:I don't know why anyone wanna drag this non important discussion.

Well, its relevant to your claim. You stated they were in WIN NOW mode. I am stating they are not. It's important that we have an understanding of what "Win Now" means, and how if it is relevant in the Celtics situation.

You must have thought it was important enough to make that statement, so I am just trying to get to the bottom of why you feel that way.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:35 am

No need for that here, my friend. You write a basketball terminology dictionary.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:42 am

NovU wrote:No need for that here, my friend. You write a basketball terminology dictionary.

You can admit when you are wrong, you know? You just used the wrong terminology.

No worries my friend.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:49 am

You can admit if you're mentally unstable too, my friend. :wink:
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:51 am

NovU wrote:You can admit if you're mentally unstable too, my friend. :wink:

I would absolutely do so, if I was.

I have no issues admitting when I am wrong. If I have to watch you go at other peoples opinions and ideas, I will challenge you on a silly claim you make that has no backing or doesn't make any sense. If you can't handle it, maybe you shouldn't dish it out?

FYI: You are not always right, in fact.. you are often wrong. It's okay to be wrong sometimes.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:01 am

I am right tho, it's your coherency problem and arrogance. I been telling how the Celtics were looking to compete and win this year. Your expectations were dumbly high, now you switch the position, "Oh, we're built for the future, not meant to win this year anyways, but still challenge the cavs(?)". One thing I respect about Sauru's shit opinion is his consistency. He knew Celtics were shit, 3rd tier losers regardless the injury.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:09 am

NovU wrote:I am right tho, it's your coherency problem and arrogance. I been telling how the Celtics were looking to compete and win this year. Your expectations were dumbly high, now you switch the position, "Oh, we're built for the future, not meant to win this year anyways, but still challenge the cavs(?)". One thing I respect about Sauru's shit opinion is his consistency. He knew Celtics were shit, 3rd tier losers regardless the injury.

I never changed my stance once, so you are lying to make yourself look better in this conversation. I said they can contend this year, and for years to come. I never swayed from that, ever. So that is a complete lie.

They were built to compete this year AND years to come. That's not WIN NOW mode, years to come is not WIN NOW mode.

Also, don't lie.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball