Hayward Injures Leg In Freak Accident

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Hayward Injures Leg In Freak Accident

Postby Bruce on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:15 pm

phpBB [video]

Terrible thing to happen so early in the season. But that is definitely one of the ugliest NBA injuries to happen in game in recent memory.
Last edited by Bruce on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Re: Hayward Injures Leg In Freak Accident, Congrats Lebron!

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Sickening to watch live, not any easier to see now. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:32 pm

wtf is with the thread title
Sauru

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Sauru wrote:wtf is with the thread title

I don't get if Bruce is ironic and somehow blames LBJ for being part of the play when the injury happened or if he's for real and actually congratulates Lebron for holding Hayward's hand when he was taken care of.
I Hate Mondays

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:53 pm

Bruce is Skip Bayless' NLSC account.

A reminder of this gem before Durant did the alt account posts.

HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Jackal on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:03 am

Some really unclassy comments.

Best wishes to Hayward and his family, that's rough. Hope he recovers without any major reprecussions for his career.
Jackal

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:14 am

Jackal wrote:Some really unclassy comments.

Best wishes to Hayward and his family, that's rough. Hope he recovers without any major reprecussions for his career.

Agreed.

He seems like a genuinely good guy as well, I feel bad for him as a person and a player. I hope he keeps his head up and has a fast recovery.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:49 am

Jackal wrote:Some really unclassy comments.

Half of the Jazz fanbase calls it Karma on social media. Some people leave me without words.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:51 am

I can understand being miffed that he left, but yeah, that's some disgusting schadenfreude there. I saw some similar remarks from Heat fans, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:25 am

Be sad. Be mad. Be frustrated. Scream. Cry. Sulk. When you wake up you will think it was just a nightmare only to realize it’s all too real. You will be angry and wish for the day back, the game back THAT play back. But reality gives nothing back and nor should you. Time to move on and focus on doing everything in your power to prepare for surgery, ask all the questions to be sure you understand fully the procedure so that you may visualize it in your subconscious while being operated on and better the chance of it’s success. Then focus on the recovery process day by day by day. It’s a long journey but if you focus on the mini milestones along the way you will find beauty in the struggle of doing simple things that prior to this injury were taken for granted. This will also mean that when you return you will have a new perspective. You will be so appreciative of being able to stand, walk, run that you will train harder than you ever have. You see the belief within you grow with each mini milestone and you will come back a better player for it. Best of luck to you on this journey my brother #mambamentality always.

Nice message from Kobe to Hayward. Honestly hope he comes back better. Terrible thing to see. Glad guys like Livigston and George were able to continue their careers as well.
Jackal

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:30 am

Love that.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:22 am

Jackal wrote:
Be sad. Be mad. Be frustrated. Scream. Cry. Sulk. When you wake up you will think it was just a nightmare only to realize it’s all too real. You will be angry and wish for the day back, the game back THAT play back. But reality gives nothing back and nor should you. Time to move on and focus on doing everything in your power to prepare for surgery, ask all the questions to be sure you understand fully the procedure so that you may visualize it in your subconscious while being operated on and better the chance of it’s success. Then focus on the recovery process day by day by day. It’s a long journey but if you focus on the mini milestones along the way you will find beauty in the struggle of doing simple things that prior to this injury were taken for granted. This will also mean that when you return you will have a new perspective. You will be so appreciative of being able to stand, walk, run that you will train harder than you ever have. You see the belief within you grow with each mini milestone and you will come back a better player for it. Best of luck to you on this journey my brother #mambamentality always.

Nice message from Kobe to Hayward. Honestly hope he comes back better. Terrible thing to see. Glad guys like Livigston and George were able to continue their careers as well.

Yeah paul George and don't forget Julius randle game 1 of his rookie year. They both came back and are playing better than ever. Nash did too it was like the 2ND game of the season but he was a bit too old to make it back. He was never the same again.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:30 am

I think the op is congratulating lbj for clear path to the finals now.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby [Hyperize] on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:59 am

It was all too eerie; it was kind of an odd play to run to begin with, since Hayward isn't the most athletic guy in the world.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:04 am

[Q] wrote:
Jackal wrote:

Yeah paul George and don't forget Julius randle game 1 of his rookie year. They both came back and are playing better than ever. Nash did too it was like the 2ND game of the season but he was a bit too old to make it back. He was never the same again.

Bones tend to heal stronger, at least while you're still young. It's the potential soft tissue damage that's a concern. With Nash, there was also nerve damage/problems, which sounded extremely unpleasant.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:15 pm

NovU wrote:I think the op is congratulating lbj for clear path to the finals now.
That's how I read it, too.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Re: Hayward Injures Leg In Freak Accident

Postby Bruce on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:57 pm

There edited the thread title. It seemed to have rubbed so many people the wrong way. But NovU and Koberulz got my point. The Cavs' toughest opponent last season are now without the expected 2nd scoring option. Given that the Cavs' was almost in the brink of implosion in the offseason, it seems that they may still come out on top of the east. The Celtics has actually a surplus of good wing players, Hayward's loss might not come as hard if Tatum continues to improve and the team learn to play well together.
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Re: Hayward Injures Leg In Freak Accident

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Celtics weren't even considered the toughest team Cavs would face, it was thought to be the Wizards but they choked.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Return to NBA & Basketball