D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: D43 Ultimate Classic Teams Roster

Postby Stildo33 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:49 pm

Heck yeah! Use my roster it's basically an extension of your work anyway. I didn't put a ton of time on that '86 roster though. I may have some time to play with it today though and update some attributes and tendencies.
Stildo33

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:51 pm

Ill be busy finishing something up on 2K17 the next couple days, and making a shrinkwrap tutorial for it. But I'll get to it shortly.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Stildo33 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:49 am

Hey I might start working on that '92 team again, Dee. Can you remind me how I get retired numbers back on players (reggie Lewis for example).

Don't I make the player, stick him on a team where #35 is available, then manually trade him for someone else on the team i want him to go to?

So, stick Reggie lewis on the 76ers for example and bob smith on the Celtics then trade them using the roster trainer?
Stildo33

Postby titing2101 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:22 am

the 03 magic please if not included
titing2101

Postby Stildo33 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:22 am

I just uploaded the 92 Celtics Roster that also has 86 and 08 Celtics full rosters as well.

I can't figure out how to scrap the player images I used for the 92 team though. Suggestions? I just Bass (Pickney), Dee Brown (RJ Hunter), and Joel Anthony, I think (Kevin Gamble).

Traded this year's celtics to the all-time celtics and deleted the all-time celtics players from roster (so PC doesn't sign them as FA in myleague).

I think I have roster saved that still has the all-time celtics as FAs (minus Bird, Parish, McHale)

Roster name is UCT - 86, 92, 08 Celtics.

Dee4Three - feel free to steal this for your work if/when you start it.
Stildo33

Postby vstiguy on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:59 pm

Could you please add the 96-97 sixers since we already have a cyberface for rookie AI? Thanks!
vstiguy

Postby Stildo33 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:55 am

Dee4Three - I just updated my roster and didn't use created players for main guys (big baby, house, perkins, reggie lewis, rick fox, and a couple others). My 92 and 08 teams are complete. I used your ratings from '08 missing players. Thanks! I used 2k for everyone else.

Just skimming through some stuff and there are enough guys to make the 98 Hornets with Glen Rice....I think there are at least 10 CF we can use from what I saw quickly skimming.

Does anyone know if you can change the player images yet? Would love my 92 team to not use the player image where I changed the CF.
Stildo33

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:03 am

Stildo33 wrote:Dee4Three - I just updated my roster and didn't use created players for main guys (big baby, house, perkins, reggie lewis, rick fox, and a couple others). My 92 and 08 teams are complete. I used your ratings from '08 missing players. Thanks! I used 2k for everyone else.

Just skimming through some stuff and there are enough guys to make the 98 Hornets with Glen Rice....I think there are at least 10 CF we can use from what I saw quickly skimming.

Does anyone know if you can change the player images yet? Would love my 92 team to not use the player image where I changed the CF.

You can use player images. The modded folder works the same as it did for 2K17 for those. You can go on my roster and grab the portrait IDs for the guys you added and use limnono to insert the portrait ID number on the player.

Use my draft roster for the Lewis portrait, I don't have a Pinckney portrait done at the moment.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Stildo33 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:10 am

Awesome. Well, I updated my 2k17 Roster that has the '92 Celtics + your roster. Thanks!

So, I don't see how you can change the portrait ID using Limnono 2k18 vs. 2k17 Limnono. There isn't a "box" for the 2018 portrait spot yet. Am I missing something?
Stildo33

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:22 am

Stildo33 wrote:Awesome. Well, I updated my 2k17 Roster that has the '92 Celtics + your roster. Thanks!

So, I don't see how you can change the portrait ID using Limnono 2k18 vs. 2k17 Limnono. There isn't a "box" for the 2018 portrait spot yet. Am I missing something?

Nope, you are right. The tool doesn't have the capability yet.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Stildo33 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:24 am

Well poop. I assume thats just a matter of time then, right?
Stildo33

Postby Stildo33 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:25 am

Or is there a way to force the player model vs. player picture?
Stildo33

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:23 am

Wasn't that accomplished by editing the options.ini file last year? Perhaps that method still works.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:42 am

Andrew wrote:Wasn't that accomplished by editing the options.ini file last year? Perhaps that method still works.

It doesn't work with the current plugin we have. The setting is there, and you can change it to 1, but it doesn't word yes Stildo, it's only a matter of time. And I assume the same with the plugin.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby smtesar on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:09 am

Dee,

Do you still plan on completing the All-Time Team roster by filling in missing players?
smtesar

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:18 am

smtesar wrote:Dee,

Do you still plan on completing the All-Time Team roster by filling in missing players?

I do want to do an All Time Teams roster, but without duplicates. It would include the hidden players in the game (Like Barkley), and actual creations by the community (Like Reggie Miller).

It's still in the plans, I've just been finishing up with 2K17 and adding a few more teams to that roster. I've gotten into making faces and editing bodies as well, so it makes me more helpful on top of being able to convert courts and do the ratings/tendencies/signatures.

I work 40 hours a week, so my free time isn't what most people probably think it is. In order to achieve results that I want, it takes almost my entire free time.

Now, with that being said... I absolutely love modding... a lot. It is my favorite hobbie outside of actually playing basketball. I havnt been able to play for a bit because of a torn patellar tendon in my knee. Now that I've learned even more, I'm even more into modding, because I can fix some of the things I truly cant stand about the games art direction with players or just in general.

Hopefully we can fix the oversized heads like on Garnett... that is horrible.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Barkley_Sixers on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:18 am

The oversized heads is a huge problem indeed. I'm seeing them in pratically every new legend that they created for 2k18 (Billy Cunningham, Paul Westphal, Jerry Sloan, Dan Issel, PJ Brown, Rony Seikaly... just to name a few)
Barkley_Sixers

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:35 am

Barkley_Sixers wrote:The oversized heads is a huge problem indeed. I'm seeing them in pratically every new legend that they created for 2k18 (Billy Cunningham, Paul Westphal, Jerry Sloan, Dan Issel, PJ Brown, Rony Seikaly... just to name a few)

I just don't understand how that gets into production. It is really apparent, its so easy to see. It looks absolutely horrible.

Even some non new players have the issue, like KG and Steph Curry. It looks ridiculous.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:32 am

I need help from the people who use cheat engine (TGsoGood, Carolus, Peacemannot, Etc).

One thing that really bugs me about 2K18 is the fact that the classic teams now have 14 guys, this makes the job even harder for filling the teams... and.. many of the teams only finished the season with 13 guys, and for the really old teams they only have 12 guys sometimes.

So...

Is there a way to reduce the teams to 13 or 12, and have them for full use in MyLeague without the game forcing them to pick up the players to get to 14?

If I could have these teams at 12, it would be so much better. Even 13, because that's what it was last year.

Please let me know... thank you!

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Stildo33 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:44 pm

So, I have 6 kids, married, and work from home. My job is super flexible thankfully so I have extra time to mod. Problem is im not super great at all the technical stuff, my knowedge is limited though. If someone could teach me a few things I can contribute more. Shoot me a PM of what you are good at if willing to help teach me. I often find myself with 20-30 min at a time free and could knock stuff out. Let alone free time. Thanks everyone!
Stildo33

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:54 pm

Stildo33 wrote:So, I have 6 kids, married, and work from home. My job is super flexible thankfully so I have extra time to mod. Problem is im not super great at all the technical stuff, my knowedge is limited though. If someone could teach me a few things I can contribute more. Shoot me a PM of what you are good at if willing to help teach me. I often find myself with 20-30 min at a time free and could knock stuff out. Let alone free time. Thanks everyone!

Ill certainly let you know. And 6 kids? Wow...

And btw, disregard my post above, the classic teams only have 13 guys.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby trevorjpt33 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:32 pm

I can help with the roster anywhere it is needed
trevorjpt33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:39 pm

Jonny2k wrote:Honestly 2K isn't trying to sabotage. They probably had a chance to get some those players in the game and that's why they were there. This year, there's a Danny Granger face and a Barkley face which suggest that 2K puts faces on a basis of who they believe they can obtain the rights too and wanted to create some room for the rookies and new legends.

Do you know Granger's CF ID? I was able to find Barkley but not Granger when I was looking the other day
trevorjpt33

Postby Stildo33 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:11 pm

I have a few things I am working on if anyone is interested let me know and I will upload the roster tomorrow when I finish it. It isn't as good as Dee4Three, but it's a step in the right direction. I am hoping someone can jump in and clean it up some?!?!?!

I have added the following teams below by replacing All-Time Teams. These Rosters will have a good 10-12 guys that are already in the game, but please note 11-13 my be renamed guys with proper bio entered and "close as I can get" cyberface/body along with attributes. Won't have a picture yet. still learning all this. Tim Thomas on the Bucks team and Bobby Phills for the 98 Hornets are 2 main guys I am struggling with for cyberface resemblance.

1) 91-92 Celtics because I am a C's fan, plus it had the end of the Big Three + Reggie Lewis, Dee Brown, Rick Fox.
2) 97-98 Charlotte Hornets - Prime Glen Rice.
3) '00-'01 Bucks - prime Ray, Sam, Big Dog.

I did fill out 86 and 08 Celtics Rosters. Next I am going to go through and start adding in any missing players I can easily add/rename/tweak to existing Classic Teams tomorrow and over the weekend. Wife is going on a cruise for work (travel agent) and I am manning the fort with 6 kids, so not going to work much this next week hahaha.

PS - I suck at trying to add player pictures, so I am doing what I can here. This is an area I could use some help with as I update these rosters.
Stildo33

Previous

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding