NBA 2K18 MyTEAM Topic

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

NBA 2K18 MyTEAM Topic

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:20 pm

Anybody else getting stuck into MyTEAM this year? I haven't made much of a start on it, but I was pleasantly surprised to actually get a permanent Kyrie Irving card as part of the pre-order bonuses.

Unfortunately, the pre-order pack for the second week wasn't so great:

I do like that old school Hornets logo, but DeAndre Liggins is underwhelming. Pre-order packs should guarantee much higher players.

I'm trying to avoid buying any (more) VC this year, so I'll probably just have to earn cards through challenges. My current lineup is as follows:

C: Mason Plumlee
F: Dario Saric
F: Giannis Antetokounmpo (Free Agent card)
G: Dwyane Wade
G: Kyrie Irving

Bench: George Hill, Taureen Prince, Dorian Finney-Smith, Georgios Papagiannis, Terrence Ferguson, OG Anunoby, Alexis Ajinca, Semi Ojeleye

So yeah, long road ahead.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA 2K18 MyTEAM Topic

Postby The X on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:17 pm

Nice, you got a NBL player on your bench.

Make sure to play first game of each team's schedule as gets you easy contracts if you need them.

Make sure to apply contract cards to your highest rated players as contracts are relatively cheap for bronze & silver players.

I haven't opened auction house yet.

Anyone else finding All-Star level challenges harder this year? With all the missed layups & open 3 misses it definitely is no gimme like last year.

Anyways, I'll have to post my team in next couple of days. I got a plethora of PG's (Kyrie, Rubio, Schroder), plus Melo, Ibaka & DeMarcus Cousins. Also pulled a diamond unlimited shoe card which gives great boosts. Unfortunately I can't sell on auction house so will keep it. Just have to work out who to give it to.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:39 pm

Solid advice. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:49 am

Anybody else having a bit of fun with this mode? I unlocked auction house last night so just need to earn a little bit more MT then I can buy Emerald 1995 Cedric Ceballos.

I'm learning game playing this mode. Definitely worth playing for now until they start releasing good cards.

My lineup currently is:

C: DeMarcus/Maker/Mi.Plumlee
PF: Ibaka/Dudley/Jerebko
SF: Melo
SG: Monk/Crabbe/Luwawu
PG: Kyrie/Rubio/Schroder
Coach: Hoiberg (Perimeter)

I often play 2 PG's together since my backups are golds & both handy.

Let me know if you have any questions on the mode?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:54 am

I'm not a fan of having to unlock the Auction House. Way too much stuff is behind levelling up in NBA 2K18, and I've never been a fan of having to unlock basic functionality at the best of times. What are the Silver Challenges, anyway?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:16 pm

Silver challenges? Not sure. Do you mean things to do to open auction house? They're listed in the goals menu.

Agree that auction house shouldn't be locked, I think they just wanted to force you to check out new features first.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:40 pm

When I tried to go to the Auction House, the message informed me that I needed to complete the Silver Challenges first, so that's some confusing nomenclature. I'll double-check the goals menu.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Yep, the goals menu has it. Please note you don't need to complete bronze challenges to unlock, only silver. Main challenge is spending the hard earned MT (or VC) to buy a league pack. I didn't pay attention & I initially thought it was any pack.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:53 am

Forcing a pack buy to get to the AH stinks, but once you get the AH, there is no need for a pack again, unless you want to.

I'm just earning up cards and selling them on the AH. Before I play Super Max or Pack and Playoffs I'm checking the AH for cheap cards and flipping them for quick MT.

Basically, open your collections screen and press A/X on an open spot to search the AH for that card. Look at the buy it now prices for all the cards (there aren't that many for any given card, except for commons from the starter pack) and just look for any that are prices much lower than the rest. These are usually ones with auction times just less than 4, 12, or 24 hours. Buy the cheap one, and immediately relist it just below the average of the rest...ideally at least 500 MT higher than your buy price..

..I do this for maybe 5 minutes before I start playing and can get a good 2-3k. I open Excel and note down which card I want to sell for what. Like this from today...

Code: Select all
950   Brewer
950   Haslem
1000   Deandre Liggins
1000   Elijah Millsap
1000   Harrison Barnes
1050   Deng
1050   DJ Augustin
1100   Connaughton
1200   Dejounte Murray
1300   Tyson Chandler
1400   Bryn Forbes
1500   Hollis-Jefferfson
1500   Sabonis
1650   Denzel Val
2100   Ellenson
2400   Malik Beasley
2800   Will Barton
2850   Al Jefferson
3100   Delaney
3450   Napier
3750   Jamal Murray

There are a lot of people trying to complete collections, so there are bronzes and silvers going for 3,000-5,000 MT. And now with Super Max salaries, there are good cards that were popular in the first couple of weeks that are going for cheap now because their salaries got inflated. Good for challenges/domination/schedule mode.

For me though, I've been focused on Super Max. Only a Sapphire tier, but seeing people's lineups and how they contend with the salary cap has been amazing. Went up against one guy who only had 2 emerald players as starters, then freaking LeBron coming off the bench when I had my scrubs out.

I'm still running the preorder Kyrie, Wade, and Shaq. Just finished the Celtics collection for Reggie Lewis and I finished the Raptors last week for Damon Stoudemire. My bench's sole purpose is to sprint and dunk on people, so based around Gerald Green, Dee Brown, Gerald Green, and Glenn Robinson III.

....oh, and my stretch 4 starter? White Mamba baby, Brian Scalabrine. No one respects his 3 (I think its a 90 rating) so he's good for a few easy ones per game.

I did get based the first round of pack and playoffs with 4 straight wins. It's the draft mode with only 5 players, where the games are 5 minute quarters and no fatigue.....It's fun, and "free" with no contracts used, but the initial rewards are meh. For the 4 games I played, I earned a massive 50 MT from the reward board. (2 25MT cards, then 2 double MT cards for the next time I pick).

Schedule mode is only good right now for the quick and easy contacts (first game) and injury cards (2nd game). I heard the games get tougher later in the schedules, but I just don't have the care to try and play 30 challenges right now....I'd rather play online.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:53 am

The stuff you need to do to unlock the Auction House are all things I wanted to do (or figured I'd do) anyway, so that's not too bad. Not having to unlock basic functionality is a pet peeve of mine - I had the same gripe with NBA Playgrounds - but I understand the tutorial aspect, as well as pushing the new features, and it's not too intrusive at the end of the day. I expect I'll have it done in short order.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:05 pm

Decided to get into MyTeam because I haven't played it at all this year.

the uniforms

(Stole that image from Arcane)

the team

Going to try and finish up domination before doing anything else.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:41 pm

Nice. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby zetsuboushta on Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:24 pm

I have this lineup right now.
https://i.imgur.com/RXZG86G.png
I like playing myteam, but i don't like 2K servers. Here, in Russia, it's really painful to play online in any mode. But this is one of three ways to get players you want, another two is donations and luck, which i have nothing to do with. So i'm playing budget lineup second year and i probably will do it further. Otherwise, there are fun modes and fun budget players(hardware LeBron is a freaking beast, he is really unique player in MyTeam)
zetsuboushta

Postby JohnK29 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:08 pm

Can I simulate a MyTeam game with the cheat table (in domination) and make progress faster? Will I earn the rewards by doing that?
JohnK29

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:26 pm

The first pack I bought had a Sapphire Jimmy Butler and the second an Amethyst Harden.
[Hyperize]

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:56 am

So there was a glitch I believe yesterday for a certain amount of time (not sure if it's still going on) that about 90% of packs contained Pink Diamond Harden (or at least I'm led to believe).

For some reason a 93 overall Michael Beasley was released, based on his 20-game stint with the Houston Rockets in 2016 in which he averaged 12.8 PPG.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:27 am

Has it been fixed? Might just have enough VC at the moment for a pack.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:11 am

Well guys, Ruby budget season is here! Be sure to get to the auction house and buy your Kenneth Faried's, Pat Bev's and Dion Waiters' for 500 MT each.

This is no joke; you could literally build a 12-man Ruby squad (87-89 OVR) for under 10,000 MT (the price of one Amethyst player) if you play your cards right.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:41 am

Time to pick up a player or two, indeed.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Well today I learned to never quick-sell any players but to at least list them in an auction starting at 500 MT... listed a Historic Sapphire Ersan Ilyasova (85 overall) and it sold for 35K MT. :shock: Apparently Historic collections are very important to some people, even though you can purchase much better players in the auction house for much less - I can pick up four budget Amethyst players or even a Diamond on that kind of return. :shock:

Even contracts sell, which is always a profit.
[Hyperize]

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:03 pm

zzcoolj21 wrote:Decided to get into MyTeam because I haven't played it at all this year.

the uniforms
[ Image ]

[ Image ]
(Stole that image from Arcane)

the team
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Going to try and finish up domination before doing anything else.

Whoa, that's really cool. You can design your own jersey in myteam?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:03 pm

Supply and demand, I guess, especially if you're eager to complete a collection.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:36 am

I wonder how much MyTeam sales have taken a hit because of the all time teams/additional classic teams.

I'm obviously talking about VC sales as they are related to MyTeam specifically. I'm sure it's taken a slight hit.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Hyperize] on Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:30 am

Dee4Three wrote:I wonder how much MyTeam sales have taken a hit because of the all time teams/additional classic teams.

I'm obviously talking about VC sales as they are related to MyTeam specifically. I'm sure it's taken a slight hit.

What do you mean? Because you can just play with any player you want online now without purchasing them in MT?
[Hyperize]

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:36 am

cavs4872 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:I wonder how much MyTeam sales have taken a hit because of the all time teams/additional classic teams.

What do you mean? Because you can just play with any player you want online now without purchasing them in MT?

Exactly.

It seems that the a lot of the popularity in Live Ultimate Team stems from people trying to collect/use legends.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Next

Return to NBA 2K18