Kevin Durant is softer than a cupcake.

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Kevin Durant is softer than a cupcake.

Postby Jackal on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:49 am

Kevin Durant appears to have been trying to use a fake Twitter account to defend himself against haters on social media. And in the process, he also appears to have been caught dissing his former coach and teammates on the Oklahoma City Thunder.

On Sunday, someone tweeted at Durant, “give me one legitimate reason for leaving okc other than getting a championship.”

Durant, or whoever was running his Twitter account that day, decided to respond. Judging by the use of third person in the tweets, it appears Durant had meant to use a fake account to make it look like a random fan was making the comments.

But the tweets — which stated things like “he didn’t like the organization or playing for Billy Donovan” and “Kd can’t win a championship with those cats” — came directly from Durant’s verified account, which has led to the conclusion that Durant forgot to log out as himself before trying to tweet as someone else.

The tweets in question have since been deleted from Durant’s account but were captured in a screenshot.

Source - including screenshots.

This dude. :shake: He's so thin-skinned. You'd think being perhaps the second best player in basketball, you wouldn't be this petty. Dude has another instagram account where he fights with online "haters" as well. This shit has taken him to HoF status of the All Bitch team.

"Hardest road" my ass.
Jackal

Re: Kevin Durant is softer than a cupcake.

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:17 am

For a star who took one of the easiest paths to a championship in league history, he sure likes to talk trash. Too bad so many of his thoughts are pure garbage.

This is hilariously pathetic, though. Wonder if he'll claim to have been hacked.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:42 am

Andrew wrote:This is hilariously pathetic, though. Wonder if he'll claim to have been hacked.

Either that, or he'll say it was his PR person.

But let's not forget what Draymond taught us:

"Listen, man. I had an episode on social media this summer, and the first thing I said was that I was hacked. Then I thought about it and I said, I wasn't hacked," Green said. "Kristaps, I'm sorry, but no one believes you. You weren't hacked. You're trying to go to the Clippers."

He added: "Kristaps, you lyin', bro. You weren't hacked. Maybe you was drunk, and your true feelings came out, and you tweeted your true feelings. But you weren't hacked, my man. Trust me."
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:42 am

i dont understand how anyone can defend KD. yes the guy can ball like crazy but he is a giant walking pussy.
Sauru

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:58 am

Because I <3 Jackal, sshots:

instagram alt

HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:57 am

Jackal wrote:
Andrew wrote:This is hilariously pathetic, though. Wonder if he'll claim to have been hacked.

Either that, or he'll say it was his PR person.

But let's not forget what Draymond taught us:

"Listen, man. I had an episode on social media this summer, and the first thing I said was that I was hacked. Then I thought about it and I said, I wasn't hacked," Green said. "Kristaps, I'm sorry, but no one believes you. You weren't hacked. You're trying to go to the Clippers."

He added: "Kristaps, you lyin', bro. You weren't hacked. Maybe you was drunk, and your true feelings came out, and you tweeted your true feelings. But you weren't hacked, my man. Trust me."

I'm no fan of Green, but hats off to him on that one. "I was hacked" is the social media equivalent of "It was my little brother!" when people have a meltdown on a forum/message board. :lol:

Sauru wrote:i dont understand how anyone can defend KD. yes the guy can ball like crazy but he is a giant walking pussy.

He's shown his true colours over the past couple of years.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Stress Fracture on Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:29 pm

To think he said he doesn't care about his haters, he's actually caring about them. He wouldn't respond if he doesn't care.

Dude is softer than Charmin
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:32 pm

This would be a great opportunity to Photoshop some tweets in NBA 2K18
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Valor on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:41 pm

I think the nickname of KD Two Face applies perfectly :cool:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Next step is to splice Harvey Dent's speech about heroes and villains from The Dark Knight in with Durant's MVP speech, and some of his more recent remarks.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:17 pm

Tell me that ain't insecure...
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Andrew wrote:Next step is to splice Harvey Dent's speech about heroes and villains from The Dark Knight in with Durant's MVP speech, and some of his more recent remarks.

Yeah that's too much work for someone who barely knows how to use Paint (me) :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:55 am

Lamrock wrote:Tell me that ain't insecure...

If you looked up insecure in a dictionary, you'll find a picture of Kevin Durant in his Warriors jersey. It was obvious how insecure he is about this when Peyton Manning made a joke about it at the Espys. Even his own mom laughed at the joke.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby air gordon on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:39 am

So is KD this generations Villain?
Taking the crown from previous bad guys ball hog Antoin Walker, selfish Carmelo Anthony, adulterer Kobe Bryant, cry baby LeBron James

I don't pay attention to social media accounts and what not. Personally I "hate" on a player if he's a dead beat dad, rapist, or claims he can't afford to feed his family
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:56 am

Andrew wrote:For a star who took one of the easiest paths to a championship in league history, he sure likes to talk trash. Too bad so many of his thoughts are pure garbage.

This is hilariously pathetic, though. Wonder if he'll claim to have been hacked.

He sure talked trash when LeBron left Cleveland for Miami. But Lebron didn't leave a team capable of winning a title. Durant did.
Jeffx

Postby Sauru on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:58 am

air gordon wrote:So is KD this generations Villain?
Taking the crown from previous bad guys ball hog Antoin Walker, selfish Carmelo Anthony, adulterer Kobe Bryant, cry baby LeBron James

I don't pay attention to social media accounts and what not. Personally I "hate" on a player if he's a dead beat dad, rapist, or claims he can't afford to feed his family

i honestly never understood the hate for carmelo personally. walker was just annoying because he had real talent but he insisted on constantly making the wrong decision while playing. lebron and durant both came off as soft for what they did. players have the right to do whatever they want and play wherever they want however the fans have the right to call them soft ass bitches for doing so. lebron flopping all over the court pisses people off who grew up watching men play basketball on their feet instead of their back.
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:19 am

Jeffx wrote:
Andrew wrote:For a star who took one of the easiest paths to a championship in league history, he sure likes to talk trash. Too bad so many of his thoughts are pure garbage.

He sure talked trash when LeBron left Cleveland for Miami. But Lebron didn't leave a team capable of winning a title. Durant did.

Indeed. Of course, it should be noted that Durant had every right to make the decision he did, as did LeBron, but it doesn't mean that certain aspects of how they handled it or the surrounding circumstances can't be criticised. It's entirely possible to be in the right or do something that you have every right to do, but handle it poorly and look bad for a variety of reasons.

That's why I had to laugh at Stephen A. Smith's suggestion that Kyrie Irving should've been more open with LeBron about wanting to leave. Was Durant open with Westbrook? Was LeBron open with the Cavs or any of his teammates in 2010? Was he open with the Heat or Dwyane Wade (whom he has referred to as his brother on many occasions) when he returned to Cleveland in 2014? Nope. Can't give them a pass and say they had a right to do what what they did and handle it how they did, while wagging a scolding finger at Kyrie. But I guess that's Stephen A. for you.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Sauru wrote:lebron flopping all over the court pisses people off who grew up watching men play basketball on their feet instead of their back.

Vlade Divac school of play.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:59 am

Sauru wrote:i honestly never understood the hate for carmelo personally. walker was just annoying because he had real talent but he insisted on constantly making the wrong decision while playing. lebron and durant both came off as soft for what they did. players have the right to do whatever they want and play wherever they want however the fans have the right to call them soft ass bitches for doing so. lebron flopping all over the court pisses people off who grew up watching men play basketball on their feet instead of their back.

Oh I don't mean to say the fans don't have a right to criticize or praise.

As I alluded to in a previous post, the social media age we live in has changed thing significantly for better or worse

Some here don't agree but I feel if the stars of the past played now, they wouldn't hold their hero status
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:21 am

With so many avenues to put your foot in your mouth and come off looking like a fool or a jerk (or a foolish jerk), that's quite likely.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:54 am

Andrew wrote:With so many avenues to put your foot in your mouth and come off looking like a fool or a jerk (or a foolish jerk), that's quite likely.

As noted by JVG in NBA Live 18. :wink:
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:28 am

The Notorious JVG is very wise...except when he goes completely off the rails, and even then he's usually still entertaining.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:33 am

air gordon wrote:
Sauru wrote:i honestly never understood the hate for carmelo personally. walker was just annoying because he had real talent but he insisted on constantly making the wrong decision while playing. lebron and durant both came off as soft for what they did. players have the right to do whatever they want and play wherever they want however the fans have the right to call them soft ass bitches for doing so. lebron flopping all over the court pisses people off who grew up watching men play basketball on their feet instead of their back.

Oh I don't mean to say the fans don't have a right to criticize or praise.

As I alluded to in a previous post, the social media age we live in has changed thing significantly for better or worse

Some here don't agree but I feel if the stars of the past played now, they wouldn't hold their hero status

Yeah, KD had every right to make the decision he made, but he should've understood that there would be criticism involved and learned to live with that. Instead, he's out here desperately (fake social media accounts, really?) trying to justify his decision, when he should just shut the fuck up and keep doing what he came over to GS to do.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Axel on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:57 am

Jackal wrote:
Kevin Durant appears to have been trying to use a fake Twitter account to defend himself against haters on social media. And in the process, he also appears to have been caught dissing his former coach and teammates on the Oklahoma City Thunder.

On Sunday, someone tweeted at Durant, “give me one legitimate reason for leaving okc other than getting a championship.”

Durant, or whoever was running his Twitter account that day, decided to respond. Judging by the use of third person in the tweets, it appears Durant had meant to use a fake account to make it look like a random fan was making the comments.

But the tweets — which stated things like “he didn’t like the organization or playing for Billy Donovan” and “Kd can’t win a championship with those cats” — came directly from Durant’s verified account, which has led to the conclusion that Durant forgot to log out as himself before trying to tweet as someone else.

The tweets in question have since been deleted from Durant’s account but were captured in a screenshot.

Source - including screenshots.

This dude. :shake: He's so thin-skinned. You'd think being perhaps the second best player in basketball, you wouldn't be this petty. Dude has another instagram account where he fights with online "haters" as well. This shit has taken him to HoF status of the All Bitch team.

"Hardest road" my ass.

Second best player is debatable.
Axel

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball