Full Game - Dboygamez is Streaming!

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Full Game - Dboygamez is Streaming!

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:41 am

He confirmed no roster editing, franchise mode seems "lit," and LUT is essentially the same meaning no trades, sets, etc. He's still live right now and the link is below.

phpBB [video]
Izzy Snow

Re: Full Game - Dboygamez is Streaming!

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:59 am

Izzy Snow wrote:He confirmed no roster editing, franchise mode seems "lit," and LUT is essentially the same meaning no trades, sets, etc. He's still live right now and the link is below.

phpBB [video]

I hate the term "Lit".

But, if we are going to throw "Lit" around, does it have multi-user franchise? or can you still only use one team?

Because if it's still only one team, I wouldn't call a franchise mode in 2017 "Lit" without basic franchise features that other sports games have, including EA's very own Madden.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:16 am

Haha you didn't get the joke. "Lit" was joked about in one of the NLSC Podcast in response to 2K's shook trailer.
Izzy Snow

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:37 am

Izzy Snow wrote:Haha you didn't get the joke. "Lit" was joked about in one of the NLSC Podcast in response to 2K's shook trailer.

oh okay.

Does it have multi-user franchise, though?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:39 am

Dee4Three wrote:
Izzy Snow wrote:Haha you didn't get the joke. "Lit" was joked about in one of the NLSC Podcast in response to 2K's shook trailer.

oh okay.

I didn't get to ask him that question but tonight I will try it for myself and get back to you.
Izzy Snow

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:41 am

Izzy Snow wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

oh okay.

I didn't get to ask him that question but tonight I will try it for myself and get back to you.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:05 am

It's doubtful they got anything fancy in the game like that.

So the game is out for EA Access now?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:19 am

[Q] wrote:It's doubtful they got anything fancy in the game like that.

So the game is out for EA Access now?

Yes but I think you have to do the "New Zealand" trick and change your region. I will confirm this tonight as well.
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:49 am

Shame about the lack of roster editing, but I'm not too surprised. A few more functions in Ultimate Team would've been nice, too.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:13 pm

If there is no roster editing and another basic dynasty mode then il wait till it's reduced in price before I shell out for what in my eyes is an updated version of nba live 16
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:38 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
Izzy Snow wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

oh okay.

So it'a a no for the multi-user franchise. I'm sure you all have seen already but they added a "Play the Moment" function in franchise similar to what Madden has where you don't play the entire game and instead just the "moments" in a full game. That's a welcome addition.

I only got to play a couple of games as I don't want to use up my full 10 hours. Gameplay does seem smoother but there's obviously still room for improvement. I still think blocks in the paint happen way too often. I had my shot block by a pg. Can't remember who the two players were but I was about to do a layup with a PF and got blocked by a PG. Also, I don't like the steals animation where it's pretty much canned and your defender throws his entire body and wraps the offensive player around his arm.
Izzy Snow

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:49 pm

Izzy Snow wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
Izzy Snow wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

oh okay.

So it'a a no for the multi-user franchise. I'm sure you all have seen already but they added a "Play the Moment" function in franchise similar to what Madden has where you don't play the entire game and instead just the "moments" in a full game. That's a welcome addition.

I only got to play a couple of games as I don't want to use up my full 10 hours. Gameplay does seem smoother but there's obviously still room for improvement. I still think blocks in the paint happen way too often. I had my shot block by a pg. Can't remember who the two players were but I was about to do a layup with a PF and got blocked by a PG. Also, I don't like the steals animation where it's pretty much canned and your defender throws his entire body and wraps the offensive player around his arm.

Silly about the multi-user franchise. Christ, we had multi-user franchise in NBA Live 2000... 17 years ago. A lot of kids get together and play locally still, or with siblings. Some adults as well. People have stated they use my roster for 2K when they have people over, they play MyLeague. I don't understand how in 2 years they couldn't atleast throw in the ability to have multiple users in dynasty mode. It's not an acceptable answer of "They were fine tuning the gameplay" etc, it was literally two years, and now many, many years without it.

People like the accumulation of stats, going the length of a season and into the playoffs, and many like to do that with another human. Making that mode purely solo doesn't make any sense in a sports game in 2017.

Also, I agree about the steal animation thing. The majority of the time, even if you are reaching for a steal that makes sense (The ball handler is just dribbling or holding the ball right in front of you). You as the defender do a sort of hug/tackle similar to what happens in boxing. It's strange.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:07 am

Canned steals feel like an issue in both NBA Live and NBA 2K at the moment. It's frustrating, especially when you're not spamming the steal button. That's obviously going to result in a reach-in through overly aggressive play, but there are some canned fouls on what should be well-timed steal attempts on a single button press.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:14 am

The thing is, I don't spam the steal button. As Dee mentioned, I try to attempt a steal when I feel like it's the right opportunity when the offensive player is carelessly dribbling in front of me and not shielding the ball. It's so weird. I've never seen this canned steal/hug animation in any live game. Not that I can recall anyway. I really hope the devs are reading our feedback here. I'm trying to refrain from bringing it to their attention on twitter.
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:15 am

There was a bit of it in NBA Live 16, perhaps because steals were quite cheap in NBA Live 15. It seems to be more pronounced in the NBA Live 18 demo.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:18 am

Could always go back to NBA Live 96 where we ran full speed into the ballhandler, knocking him over to get the steal. (Y)

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:20 am

No choice on PC, there wasn't a steal button until NBA Live 98. :lol:
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:23 am

Andrew wrote:No choice on PC, there wasn't a steal button until NBA Live 98. :lol:

Ahh, NBA Live 98 was my first PC basketball game experience.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:24 am

Not a bad place to start.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:06 am

There's a reason why I play with reach in sliders down to 10, If I could put it to 5 I would. lol
ThaLiveKing

Postby Izzy Snow on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:30 am

ThaLiveKing wrote:There's a reason why I play with reach in sliders down to 10, If I could put it to 5 I would. lol

Other than The One mode/Live Run, I'm glad I play Live mostly offline. I look forward to some slider sets from you TLK.
Izzy Snow

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:44 am

Izzy Snow wrote:
ThaLiveKing wrote:There's a reason why I play with reach in sliders down to 10, If I could put it to 5 I would. lol

Other than The One mode/Live Run, I'm glad I play Live mostly offline. I look forward to some slider sets from you TLK.

Yeah, I already got YouTube notification squad on the look out lol...My sliders might just be to reduce warping if possible. Sliders being by the 10's is kind of annoying when you're trying to tweak.

After playing 2K this morning, comparing it to Live, if Live can reduce some of the sticking, reduce the warping, I think they could be neck and neck. The warping is the reason why you can't utilize space properly, but in 2K, it's really amazing how they pulled it off (2KU). Still gotta wait for the full game, but its looking good.
ThaLiveKing

Postby [Q] on Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:06 am

Hey I watched your Lakers sixers game on YouTube and it looks like a lot of fun. I was surprised by some of the details like the ads on the baskets. Looks like State Farm for sixers and AAA (Auto Club) for Lakers. They might have done individual deals for each court

Audio seems a bit off as whistles and other miscellaneous sounds were hard to hear
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:13 am

Does anyone have any screen shots of the rookies? The knicks rookie Frank in particular and some of the rooks outside the lottery? Iam hoping there isn't placeholder there instead
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:04 am

mp3 wrote:Does anyone have any screen shots of the rookies? The knicks rookie Frank in particular and some of the rooks outside the lottery? Iam hoping there isn't placeholder there instead

wtf_os on twitter posted a ton of pics
ThaLiveKing

Next

Return to NBA Live 18