All-Time Teams will be featured in NBA 2K18!

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Re: All-Time Teams will be featured in NBA 2K18!

Postby Murat on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:21 am

Guys look pretty good, but the numbers don't. The font of numbers are as iconic as these Lakers unis.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:10 am

Not surprised that there are duplicates. I think that ultimately works in our favour though, since we'll be able to edit the All-Time teams.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Murat wrote:Guys look pretty good, but the numbers don't. The font of numbers are as iconic as these Lakers unis.

It's pathetic. Any fan could see the numbers are off at first glance. They aren't tall enough and are missing the serifs
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby maumau78 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:21 pm

This actually can be huge.....I really hope this can open the road to more love for "retro" stuff...let's see details in coming weeks...

Hope we can finally edit accessory color this year....
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby [Q] on Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:18 pm

[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby kingpnp on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:09 am

Dee4Three wrote:
iamSamke wrote:
[Q] wrote:So will the pelicans basically feature their current squad or will we see the return of primoz brezec and Gerald Wallace

Will the thunder basically be the Durant/Westbrook/harden team most people long for? They better not put Payton and Kemp in there

That's actually really good question. Is LeBron going to be included in both Cavs and Heat All Time Teams? What about Melo? Or maybe even Rodman?

I hate duplicates on these teams, because if you want to face off, you have Shaq vs Shaq? that's silly. It also hurts the MyLeague experience if you want to do a MyLeague with all time teams.

shaq vs shaq is actually not silly at all and realistic to what all time teams and historic teams are all about.

you get to pick which shaq you want to play with.

for example.

If you take the orlando magic with Penny, Dscott, knda old Ho.Grant, Nick anderson...with a young shaq. to go up against my 99/00 Shaq on my lakers with a kid kobe, old man glen rice.

Your shaq is quicker off the ground, quicker on the move. My shaq is heavier and stronger. but a tad bit slower. sure my shaq has the higher rating since he understood the game the most at this point in his career but at the end of the day a young spry shaq could run around the lakers prime shaq.

so thats a nice difference between the two guys. if i changed my shaqs name to some other guy you wouldnt care. because each player feels different. well i'm saying if they make them accurately. each shaq will feel differently. and someone that is a dwade fan will run to that heat team that won it all. with a much older, much slower, slightly less effective shaq vs your young shaq. your young shaq would kill old man shaq.

but you would still have to deal with dwade. old man Walker, super old man gary, etc.

miami has old man gary. but young man gary in his prime on OKC would destroy miami gp.

You can have larry johnson from the knicks. give me grandmama Larry J from the hornets which technically would be the pelicans.

all i'm saying is. dont get caught up in the name on the jersey. think about the skill level that guy had at that time of his career. I promise you if they do it properly it wont be the same.

young mike was the most athletic MJ and would dunk all over anyone but would throw up bricks most of the game if he tried to shoot a lot of jumpers(he was still clutch with the jumpers.) prime mike couldnt miss mid range jumper. old man wizards mike was still money from mid range but was not really trying to attack the rim like that.
kingpnp

Postby kingpnp on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:14 am

Andrew wrote:According to a post by LD2K over on OS, the All-Time teams will be editable (unlike the Dream Team last year), and can be placed into MyLEAGUE. Good news there.

they need to allow us to place these rosters in my career. it extends the life of mycareer playing offline. I use to do it with other people legend rosters from older 2k's. then as usual 2k took the feature away.

the way you would do it then was to load up the roster first. THEN start your mycareer for the first time with a new guy. it would then have whatever roster you have loaded on there. I assume they didnt allow it because they didnt want people to boost their my players vs fake rosters that someone else makes. but now that they are making the historic rosters. they should include it like that again.
kingpnp

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:20 am

kingpnp wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
iamSamke wrote:
[Q] wrote:So will the pelicans basically feature their current squad or will we see the return of primoz brezec and Gerald Wallace

Will the thunder basically be the Durant/Westbrook/harden team most people long for? They better not put Payton and Kemp in there

That's actually really good question. Is LeBron going to be included in both Cavs and Heat All Time Teams? What about Melo? Or maybe even Rodman?

I hate duplicates on these teams, because if you want to face off, you have Shaq vs Shaq? that's silly. It also hurts the MyLeague experience if you want to do a MyLeague with all time teams.

shaq vs shaq is actually not silly at all and realistic to what all time teams and historic teams are all about.

you get to pick which shaq you want to play with.

for example.

If you take the orlando magic with Penny, Dscott, knda old Ho.Grant, Nick anderson...with a young shaq. to go up against my 99/00 Shaq on my lakers with a kid kobe, old man glen rice.

Your shaq is quicker off the ground, quicker on the move. My shaq is heavier and stronger. but a tad bit slower. sure my shaq has the higher rating since he understood the game the most at this point in his career but at the end of the day a young spry shaq could run around the lakers prime shaq.

so thats a nice difference between the two guys. if i changed my shaqs name to some other guy you wouldnt care. because each player feels different. well i'm saying if they make them accurately. each shaq will feel differently. and someone that is a dwade fan will run to that heat team that won it all. with a much older, much slower, slightly less effective shaq vs your young shaq. your young shaq would kill old man shaq.

but you would still have to deal with dwade. old man Walker, super old man gary, etc.

miami has old man gary. but young man gary in his prime on OKC would destroy miami gp.

You can have larry johnson from the knicks. give me grandmama Larry J from the hornets which technically would be the pelicans.

all i'm saying is. dont get caught up in the name on the jersey. think about the skill level that guy had at that time of his career. I promise you if they do it properly it wont be the same.

young mike was the most athletic MJ and would dunk all over anyone but would throw up bricks most of the game if he tried to shoot a lot of jumpers(he was still clutch with the jumpers.) prime mike couldnt miss mid range jumper. old man wizards mike was still money from mid range but was not really trying to attack the rim like that.

It's called a preference, it's my preference. I don't need to be told to "not get caught up with the name on the jersey". My preference is: The same human being not playing against another version of himself.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:00 am

Unfortunately 2K are never going to be able to satisfy everyone in that regard. I feel if you're going to represent the best players in the history of each franchise, some duplicates are inevitable (and it makes for some interesting match-ups), so it's the right approach out of the box. I also understand not wanting to play with duplicates, though. Since we will be able to edit the teams, it's at least something we can alter to our liking, I guess.

kingpnp wrote:they need to allow us to place these rosters in my career. it extends the life of mycareer playing offline. I use to do it with other people legend rosters from older 2k's. then as usual 2k took the feature away.

the way you would do it then was to load up the roster first. THEN start your mycareer for the first time with a new guy. it would then have whatever roster you have loaded on there. I assume they didnt allow it because they didnt want people to boost their my players vs fake rosters that someone else makes. but now that they are making the historic rosters. they should include it like that again.

It's a by-product of the different approach to MyCAREER with the story and all. They have cutscenes with the Team 2K players and a certain narrative in mind, so customisation of MyCAREER is going to be minimal as a result.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Barkley_Sixers on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:32 pm

I also have the same preference as Dee regarding duplicates. I even think It's easier to make the teams to actually fit. I don't like the idea of Kareem playing PF for example
Barkley_Sixers

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:58 pm

I have mixed feelings about that, especially for teams like the Lakers that have had a few all-time great players at the same position. It's tough to bring one of them off the bench, it's tough to leave one of them off the team entirely because they deserve to be there and are closely linked to a successful era with the franchise, but it's awkward to see them out of position to accommodate that. At the end of the day, putting them on the squad and letting us customise the rosters is probably the best compromise.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Barkley_Sixers on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:01 pm

Andrew wrote:I have mixed feelings about that, especially for teams like the Lakers that have had a few all-time great players at the same position. It's tough to bring one of them off the bench, it's tough to leave one of them off the team entirely because they deserve to be there and are closely linked to a successful era with the franchise, but it's awkward to see them out of position to accommodate that. At the end of the day, putting them on the squad and letting us customise the rosters is probably the best compromise.

Exactly. Despite not liking duplicates, I think 2k did the right thing doing it that way, because that's probably what the majority of the user base wants. It's also easier regarding licenses. And, to be honest, I'm quite addicted already at making my own All-time teams Lol. Making my own teams with all the new licenses they provided is one of the things I most look forward to on 2k18
Barkley_Sixers

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:29 am

Andrew wrote:I have mixed feelings about that, especially for teams like the Lakers that have had a few all-time great players at the same position. It's tough to bring one of them off the bench, it's tough to leave one of them off the team entirely because they deserve to be there and are closely linked to a successful era with the franchise, but it's awkward to see them out of position to accommodate that. At the end of the day, putting them on the squad and letting us customise the rosters is probably the best compromise.

Agreed. 2k did the right thing.

I'll just update them to not include duplicates.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Izzy Snow on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:37 am

As a Bullets/Wizards fan, I'm disappointed that the big 3 of Arenas, Jamison, and Butler aren't in their all-time team.
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:19 am

I've read that Butler is negotiating to be included, but nothing further to report as far as I'm aware.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:58 am

Andrew wrote:I've read that Butler is negotiating to be included, but nothing further to report as far as I'm aware.

That would be nice. Take Gortat out for him. If they can remove Porter for Arenas, Jamison, or even Phil Chenier that would be even better.
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:05 pm

Hopefully they can come to an agreement with a couple of those guys. As we've seen before of course, certain players do have their reasons for not wanting to participate.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:03 am

its been awhile since i played a 2k game, how do they handle players they cannot use? will the player just be absent or do they create randomplayer 99 like in the past?
Sauru

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:28 am

Sauru wrote:its been awhile since i played a 2k game, how do they handle players they cannot use? will the player just be absent or do they create randomplayer 99 like in the past?

They still use the generic players to make sure there are at least 12 players on each team, although obviously this can backfire on some classic teams (looking at you '71 Hawks). The All-Time teams however, do not use any generic players; instead, they either use lower overall players from the older teams, or use some of the current benchwarmers if absolutely necessary
RayRay_953

Previous

Return to NBA 2K18