Demo Impressions Thread

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: Demo Impressions Thread

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:16 am

kingpnp wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
[Q] wrote:
matmat66 wrote:Agree with you on this one Dee. You echoed my sentiments on Live 18 based on the demo. As of now, 2k is more fluid for me.

You guys are acting as if Live has had this long history of long, smooth animations... smoother than 2k

That has nothing to do with it. It's stating that it's one of the biggest (if not the biggest) reason people won't switch over. Just because it's a known issue, doesn't make it any less of an issue. If you are competing in the same market, the same genre, and calling yourself a simulation, you will and deserve to be critiqued on the gameplay issues/mode issues (or lack of modes).

Even with the modes they have and as they are, far more people would make the switch or at least buy both games if the gameplay was smooth and the animations weren't broken. For example, it's 2017 and we can't up fake and step in for a smooth jump shot without it looking and feeling completely wrong?.

If it's not working, fix it. I don't want to hear that in 2017 they can't get smooth transitions, especially with technology the way it is now.

Nobody is acting like it's a new thing, we are merely contesting the issues that we have had for YEARS with Live. Issues that stop the game from being good or elite. It's what stops it from making sales or competing.

For example, if someone is an asshole in 2012, and they are still an asshole in 2017, you won't want anything to do with that asshole in 2017. You will avoid that asshole, because that asshole is still well... that asshole. So you can say "you act like he hasn't always been an asshole" all you want. But you still won't associate with him or hangout with him. This is why we can't use that as an excuse. You can say "if he would just change, people would like him more", and you can try to talk to him and give him constructive critiscm, you can be patient with him, even sympathise with him. But if he doesn't adapt or change, and hes still an asshole... well... not many people will support him.

all true and well said. funny thing is, 2k is also an A-hole. Same ole server issues like 8 or 9 years in a row. there's zero excuse. you are no longer a small team/small company just trying to squeeze into the genre. and since you've been thee #1 and only game people purchase for the most part... we know how many copies you sell. we know how much money you make. You have no excuse for the bad servers in 2017. NON. You also have no excuse to keep pulling me into animation after animation while telling me every year "there are no 2 player canned animations... you can break out of these animations THIS YEAR." stop it. you're lying. Just admit you like to over produce your games outcomes in order to make it LOOK visually more appealing. This keeps sells up and keeps you ahead of the competition.

This is why I'm always looking for some other team to come along and make that basketball game I've been waiting for because 2k aint it, and as of today neither is live to be honest. both games have made progress. and both games have their moments when you think "wait this my be the one." Nope. she aint the one, you were excited because she looked cute in a dark club on a dark night when you were liquored up. Turn the lights on when you're sober and lets see what she looks like. lets see if you're still willing to take the leap with her.

I agree completely that 2k has its issues, which I stated above (And numerous times). Servers, forced animations, body steals/body blocks, pace issues, charging issues, etc. I don't sugarcoat anything, or form opinions based on bias. However, 2K has a better feel, it has for a very long time. And while they have issues, they introduce new teams/modes/features all the time. We have the ability to mod because they release a PC version, but even for consoles they have the ability to create courts/jerseys/insert files for myleague, they have the ability to edit/distribute/share rosters, they have the ability to use classic teams, etc. As I stated above, if Live had even basic roster editing/sharing, they would have quite a few more sales, if they had a multi-user dynasty experience, or even a legends pool or decade teams, basic things they used to have but took out, they would have more sales. If they can work on accurate/smooth celebrations (They happen WAY to often in the demo, I've seen Durants shoulder thing and Klay Thompsons celebration like 4 or 5 times in one 5 minute quarter), why cant we take a smooth shot? How can they get the dribbling sequence looking solid (Crossover/spin into a reverse layup), but not get a free throw animation look anything less than cringeworthy? The focus isn't completely on the right things, it hurts my brain that a developer/developers implemented that many celebrations, and thought it would be cool? The developers looked at the on the move (setting feet) shooting animations, and free throw animations, and were like "This is good" or "This is passable"? It looks like its unfinished, but the game is set to release in a month or so. For people on the outside looking in, people who feel how unnatural everything is (Look at how people are reacting to the demo overall, we can feel it as soon as we pick it up) it is mind boggling. Because it's so obvious to us.

Now, we are not programmers, I never said it was easy to fix these things, or program a game. I'm sure the work they put in (time as well) is insane. But it takes a basic feel and understanding of basketball to be able to tell if it will be a flop, or that you won't get people hyped or interested upon first touch. I appreciate that they release info early, that they release a demo (2K does not do that, bothers me sometimes), but if they continue to release an unfinished product, or a product that offers no reason to switch (or for many, to purchase at all) it doesn't matter how good that service aspect is. If I was working for EA Sports, and they said "Hey, try this game and let me know how it feels", I would have said it's not ready, it doesn't feel right. I'd also question why they are not listening to fans about basic features/modes that should be in the game. So you give us WNBA, but no roster editing? WNBA was a great idea, but we have been asking for roster editing for YEARS. There are a slew of reasons why Live continues to not make much progress (Or any progress at all) with the fan base.

It's not "You guys are just used to 2k", it's "2K gives us a much better/more complete overall experience". 2K has to address gameplay issues, FACT. But even this year they didn't stay stagnant, they are introducing 16 new classic teams, and 30 all time teams, as well as other new features. These were features requested by the consumers, and they listened. That's how you keep the sales up every year, not just being the only one, but being the only one to continue to add new content, to allow the public to make/edit/share rosters (It's 2017 and social media is at it's highest peak, and people can't even share rosters on Live?).

I will be critiquing 2K's gameplay the same way when NBA 2K18 is released, trust me. And, I will be taking a strong look at Live again when it's released. I played it for another 2 or 3 hours last night, as I continue to look at things that I think are good or need work. I hope EA is looking at these forums, because the conversation we are having is very helpful.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:58 am

[Q] wrote:
matmat66 wrote:Agree with you on this one Dee. You echoed my sentiments on Live 18 based on the demo. As of now, 2k is more fluid for me.

You guys are acting as if Live has had this long history of long, smooth animations... smoother than 2k

The funny thing is, back in the PS2 era, I'd say that Live definitely had the better animations. The leap to 360/PS3 was definitely a turning point for the NBA Live series, and not in the direction we wanted it to go.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:34 am

kingpnp wrote:
all true and well said. funny thing is, 2k is also an A-hole. Same ole server issues like 8 or 9 years in a row. there's zero excuse. you are no longer a small team/small company just trying to squeeze into the genre. and since you've been thee #1 and only game people purchase for the most part... we know how many copies you sell. we know how much money you make. You have no excuse for the bad servers in 2017. NON. You also have no excuse to keep pulling me into animation after animation while telling me every year "there are no 2 player canned animations... you can break out of these animations THIS YEAR." stop it. you're lying. Just admit you like to over produce your games outcomes in order to make it LOOK visually more appealing. This keeps sells up and keeps you ahead of the competition.

This is why I'm always looking for some other team to come along and make that basketball game I've been waiting for because 2k aint it, and as of today neither is live to be honest. both games have made progress. and both games have their moments when you think "wait this my be the one." Nope. she aint the one, you were excited because she looked cute in a dark club on a dark night when you were liquored up. Turn the lights on when you're sober and lets see what she looks like. lets see if you're still willing to take the leap with her.

I agree with you. As it looks right now, I won't be buying either game.
StyxTx

Postby kingpnp on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:31 pm

Andrew wrote:
kingpnp wrote:Hey Livers,,, Did you guys get that Nba Live 18 Demo UPDATE Today 08/14/2017???

Does anyone know what's in the update?

No patch notes as yet. Checked the update history on PS4, and it was just the generic "minor bug fixes" note.

people were on another site and i think we at least figured out two possible fixes the update had. one was the face scan, which i have yet to do. I already knew it wasnt going to work out the box. never does.

and another was the speed of the game. i think it started off at 50. It now should say 70 as the default speed. a lot of people were complaining about the speed of the game being a bit slow and how it played much better at a faster speed. so they tweaked it.

I spoke with a dev on another site, well we were all just talking about the brick wall issue. and he agreed since he said they are playing a lot of games to catch stuff right now and they wanted to tune the brick wall screens as well. so that will be something that will be tweaked at some point among other things.

I gave him a suggestion to not only make it so that certain people do brick walls but make it so that certain teams do it more often than others(any team coached by Thibs does this. He had KG, Perkins killing people on those illegal screen when he was an Asst coach with boston.) This alone would make a player going up against a team like that on one game then playing a more finesse team the next would have a completely different realistic feel to it.
kingpnp

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:21 pm

Good to hear. The advantage of having an early demo, feedback for a Day 1 patch. Hopefully they can tune some animation speeds and make the passes crisper as well. It'll help the feel, and the aesthetics to some extent.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby matmat66 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:46 pm

[Q] wrote:

I have been playing EA basketball games since the Lakers vs. Celtics iteration in the Sega Genesis System. I bought every single basketball game that becomes available in the market from the versus series to NBA Showdown and then NBA Live. So from Sega Genesis to PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4, I bought and played EA basketball games. I only started to buy the 2K series in the short lived Sega Dreamcast which I also enjoyed. I also bought other basketball games including NBA shootout, Tecmo NBA, NBA Inside Drive, to address "game fatigue". I just miss the days when you can play a newly released basketball game, including Live, and feel the "fluidity" for a lack of a better term. I know that there are issues with the new 2k games and that is why until now, I still go back to playing NBA 2k13 and NBA 2k14 especially with the UBR and URB mods. I really want EA and 2k to develop 2 great games since we will all be winners here. I am just a casual gamer now, a product of growing old I guess, and I mostly play just exhibition matches and just memorizing a few moves that will allow me to get by defenders. I hope that EA can give us a solid product and I hope Live returns to PC so that this community can do something to improve it.
matmat66

Postby Izzy Snow on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:06 am

I'm having a lot of fun with the game even with the issues that I have with it which are mostly technical issues that may or may not be fixed...ever. Either way, I recorded the issues which were a passing glitch where the ball literally did a "Trinity from Matrix" and sat in the air for a couple seconds and a couple of vids where clipping is IMO bad enough to affect gameplay. Sorry I forgot how to properly post vids/links on here but here they are.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Izzy Snow on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:17 am

Thanks for sharing. (Y)

Videos can be embedded using the VIDEO BBCode tag as follows:

Code: Select all
[video]https://youtu.be/TWrZHMea78o[/video]

When you click the reply button for the full posting options, there's a button for the code there as well. It doesn't show up on the quick reply form, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:36 am

Andrew wrote:Thanks for sharing. (Y)

Videos can be embedded using the VIDEO BBCode tag as follows:

Code: Select all
[video]https://youtu.be/TWrZHMea78o[/video]

When you click the reply button for the full posting options, there's a button for the code there as well. It doesn't show up on the quick reply form, though.

Thx Andrew. I'm such a noob. Anyway, as I mentioned in my comments in one of the vids, I still already preordered the game and I can get by and ignore the clipping issues. But that pass glitch though, that has to be fixed.
Izzy Snow

Postby kingpnp on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:43 am

Andrew wrote:
[Q] wrote:

The funny thing is, back in the PS2 era, I'd say that Live definitely had the better animations. The leap to 360/PS3 was definitely a turning point for the NBA Live series, and not in the direction we wanted it to go.

this...^^^ live hasnt been right since the leap to 360 and ps3. I think they lost some of their team at that point. usually it takes a franchise 2 installments to get it right when the new console shows up. the first game is usually terrible. then the 2nd one shows off the new systems capabilities and graphics. the 3rd installment is where its usually very good. not so with life at that point. it just got worse and worse. sure they tried to implement some other things I did agree with. but the animations just got worse and worse. i could not understand how do you get worse at animations? I also had a theory that their mo-cap was a big lackluster as well. which would attribute to bad animations. either that or they were trying to conserve ram by eliminating some of the frames for each animations.

ex. Lets say it takes 10 frames to have a guy do a 2 hand power dunk off vert(straight up with no step).

It seemed as if live would only use 6 frames. you would see the guys knees bend, then he would rocket up up. that rocket portion had at least a good 3 or so missing frames of animation. then he would dunk the ball.

The dunks looked worse than they did on older consoles. how is that even possible?

Now this year its gotten a ton better.
kingpnp

Postby [Q] on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:27 am

Loose ball animations need work. Seems like there's only one for catching the ball at waist level. They need one for picking the ball up off the ground or low catches and also high ones about head level.

Tipping point for me was when on a defensive rebound the other team ran away and we were about to get the rebound when it bounced off the ground as my teammate ran to it. He wasn't close enough to get it at waist level so it kept going, bounced off his head and out of bounds
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:20 am

Someone said that they had talked to someone at EA who was working on a few things, did any of that have to do with animation complaints? The feel is the problem, it's a turn off from the get go for the majority of the video game playing population. It's a pick it up "This is trash", and put it down thing. If people try the game and instantly are turned off, it just won't be talked about well (Or bought).

I feel like if they can get smooth animations for dribble sequences, they should be able to do it for shooting, or moving into a shot.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TBM on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:34 am

I just jumped into this thread, but why does it always feel like some people feel the need to defend Live like it's their child? Competition is great, of course. I hope Live sticks around, but there seems to be a defend-at-all-cost mentality with a few people that I don't see with 2K17.

Anyway, I played the demo at a friends house (I don't have a console), and I really am not a fan of the overall feel of the gameplay. Graphically, the closeups look nice, aside from the sub-par faces. My only critique with the lighting is that the white jerseys and accessories are a bit too grey.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kingpnp on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:01 am

Dee4Three wrote:Someone said that they had talked to someone at EA who was working on a few things, did any of that have to do with animation complaints? The feel is the problem, it's a turn off from the get go for the majority of the video game playing population. It's a pick it up "This is trash", and put it down thing. If people try the game and instantly are turned off, it just won't be talked about well (Or bought).

I feel like if they can get smooth animations for dribble sequences, they should be able to do it for shooting, or moving into a shot.

people were talking about the brick wall situations that occur. the dev hopped in the thread and addressed it and said he and other devs are playing a lot of games around this time. and they already agreed on the brick wall issues that currently exist. so they will be working on tuning it . i told him about these clipping issues above and some others that you guys posted. Hopefully. They will clean those up pre release or at least a few weeks in. I specifically told them about that catch and shoot animation Dee4Three. I provided video evidence as well as examples of how real players shoot off the catch. and how there is some feet movement or a foot moving. but never or rarely this shuffle step thing they have everyone doing before they go up which creates a delay and funny looking animation hitch.
kingpnp

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:19 am

kingpnp wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Someone said that they had talked to someone at EA who was working on a few things, did any of that have to do with animation complaints? The feel is the problem, it's a turn off from the get go for the majority of the video game playing population. It's a pick it up "This is trash", and put it down thing. If people try the game and instantly are turned off, it just won't be talked about well (Or bought).

people were talking about the brick wall situations that occur. the dev hopped in the thread and addressed it and said he and other devs are playing a lot of games around this time. and they already agreed on the brick wall issues that currently exist. so they will be working on tuning it . i told him about these clipping issues above and some others that you guys posted. Hopefully. They will clean those up pre release or at least a few weeks in. I specifically told them about that catch and shoot animation Dee4Three. I provided video evidence as well as examples of how real players shoot off the catch. and how there is some feet movement or a foot moving. but never or rarely this shuffle step thing they have everyone doing before they go up which creates a delay and funny looking animation hitch.

Awesome! Thanks for passing that info along.

I made a quick video last night with me speaking, just showing examples of the animation issues. It shows some good regular motion/slow motion replays of it. Maybe they can address it.

phpBB [video]

The takeaway here is: Its the first impression, and it can be felt instantly when you start playing. It's an instant turn-off. If they could smooth it out, it would catch on more. I really want Live to succeed, but these things should have been ironed out after 2 years (and 4th appearance with this system). We shouldn't have to tell developers that it doesn't feel right, that the feel hurts the game, they should know.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:36 am

tl;dr, but it looks like there's a lot of productive, respectful back and forth going on here, which is cool.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:10 am

kingpnp wrote:

Thx for passing the info along. I also tweeted it to Projectleet and EADougie hopefully they took the time to look at the 3 vids I posted.
Izzy Snow

Postby kingpnp on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:10 am

Izzy Snow wrote:
kingpnp wrote:

Thx for passing the info along. I also tweeted it to Projectleet and EADougie hopefully they took the time to look at the 3 vids I posted.
some of the videos were the ones you posted. i put your user name from here out there as well to give due credit.
kingpnp

Postby kingpnp on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:32 am

Dee4Three wrote:
kingpnp wrote:

Awesome! Thanks for passing that info along.

I made a quick video last night with me speaking, just showing examples of the animation issues. It shows some good regular motion/slow motion replays of it. Maybe they can address it.

phpBB [video]

The takeaway here is: Its the first impression, and it can be felt instantly when you start playing. It's an instant turn-off. If they could smooth it out, it would catch on more. I really want Live to succeed, but these things should have been ironed out after 2 years (and 4th appearance with this system). We shouldn't have to tell developers that it doesn't feel right, that the feel hurts the game, they should know.

the first time i watched your video i just watched everything and took it all in. and saw the issues or not. this time i listened to the audio(you talking.) which i agree with for the most part until that last portion when you start talking about nba 2k adding new features. no they are not. at least not that i have seen.

Giving people classic teams isnt work or effort. We do that on our own with roster editing. quiet as kept the peoples roster editing for the classic players are always better than what 2k produces. So truth is, thats not a feature. its just an added created player. nothing more, nothing less. sure i like to see them in the game. but that took little effort to put that forward. its a created player with an old jersey, some old shoes, and an old hairstyle.

What 2k use to do is add a ton of features because they had to in order to catchup and surpass live. Now they for the most part dont do that. what they are known for is taking current features away today. then adding them back in slowly 2 years later.

as much as we like my career. the only time they added real features to it was when they added the real storyline. most 2k fans dont even remember playing with your created player guy in the street ball tournament. thats what my career is about. what they did with that idea was allow you to see how you rank your guy up by allowing things to pop up at different moments. but its the same mode. most dont even know this. when they started putting a full on story to it. its when it became a brand new element. once they added in sponsors. that was a new element.

let me give you an example of taking things away then giving them back again.

They took away the prelude. then brought it back.

they took away Crew mode.for a few installments and then brought it back as PRO AM Ranked.

They even lied about having the ability to customize your court like it was new. Uhhh we were doing that with crew mode way back when.

There are other things I can't think of off the top at the moment. that they took away then put it back in later.

with that said. we know live basically stripped the game so they could or supposedly could focus on gameplay.

I think because they are not getting the sells that a AAA game with this name recognition should be getting. Live doesnt get the full roster of devs that other games probably get.

I would bet the madden teams, fifa teams are much larger than live teams. Yes i've heard they brought some guys in from the fifa team. thats great. and i can see some of that in the game. But for live to produce a high quality game without these obvious issues they are going to need either more years than normal to pull it off. or more people to help them pull it off. If they choose the less people but more years route. they will never catch 2k. because they will always be working with one arm tied behind their backs.

on the business side. we're lucky live is still being made or cared about from EA. thats just the honest truth. they are most likely losing money from the company or breaking even.
kingpnp

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:44 am

I understand your stance. But please understand mine. 16 new classic teams IS new content, people are already saying "oh mannn, I didn't pick up 17, but Ill have to pick up 18 so I can cop that Kings team". 16 new classic teams is no joke, and for 2K16 they added 8 new ones. 30 all time teams is no joke either, that's a lot of content for people to sink their teeth into, and they will. People were complaining about classic teams missing, or lack of classic teams, so 2K listened. Back in 2015, People complained about not being able to customize the MyLeague experience, so 2K added features where people can create a court, create jerseys, rebrand, move cities, etc. Those were new features.

By the way, adding new teams/courts etc, is a TON of work. It took me hundreds of hours to do those rosters, and I didn't even have to do the technical programming. Adding 46 teams is actually a lot....

I stand by what I said in the video, people buy 2K not only for the feel, but also for the features. Look, in 2K I can: Make/Edit/Share Rosters, I can play multi-user myleague locally, I can play multi-user myleague online, I can customize my myleague experience and even share that experience with others (Created courts, jerseys, etc). All of that can be done on PC OR on consoles. And while the gameplay had it's issues (which I've mentioned), it still had the smooth feel, to go along with all of those features. People asked 2K for more retro content, and they got it. People asked Live for roster editing, and they didn't get it.

That's my point. Listen, I cant defend Live anymore about certain things. 4 years and I can't shoot a smooth J, 4 years. Most people pick up the controller, and try it, and put it right back down, and call it trash. I didn't do that, I have been playing it and talking about some of the positives. But all the reasons I stated about why it's failing are true. It's not babysteps anymore after this long, they are literally on the 4th game for this gen, and have been out of the picture competitively for almost 8 years.

Madden 17 has roster editing, you can share rosters on Madden 17. No, it's not the best, but it exists. Madden 17 has multi-use dynasty, fantasy draft, etc. Guess what I own and play sometimes with my brothers? Madden 17 for X1. No roster editing in a sports game in 2017? That feel and those animations in a sports game in 2017? The game does not feel or play right.

What I do appreciate is that you are in communication with them, that you are watching all the feedback and passing it along. I love that people are making videos with demonstrations of the issues, and that you are also passing those along. Its really appreciated, we all want them to get better, we all want a good product. However, I still can't get my mind around the fact that the developers programmed those animations (which are an instant turn-off), felt good about them (Good enough to release a demo, and a game) and kept them. I would have rejected them immediately.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:52 am

TBM wrote:I just jumped into this thread, but why does it always feel like some people feel the need to defend Live like it's their child? Competition is great, of course. I hope Live sticks around, but there seems to be a defend-at-all-cost mentality with a few people that I don't see with 2K17.

I'd say part of it is in response to the bash-at-all-cost mentality that some people have, which is often peppered with the same tired rhetoric and unproductive buzzwords, rather than detailed, nuanced, and intelligent critique. However, the discussion here has been pretty fair and measured so far, so that's a puzzling accusation to make in this topic.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:55 pm

I don't care for The One, more concerned with normal games.

Anybody got some preliminary slider sets to improve how game plays? I'm going to tinker to drop contested shot success.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:58 pm

While I understand there is robotic animations, I feel if they gave us more sliders, we would be able to clean them up. Here's some examples of animations after I tweaked the sliders.

Steph Curry pull back three

Steph cross over, gets bumped

Another pull back jumper

Curry to Durant - Alley Oop

My video from yesterday, with updated sliders

Steph on the move pull up

FULL VIDEO
phpBB [video]
ThaLiveKing

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:50 pm

ThaLiveKing wrote:While I understand there is robotic animations, I feel if they gave us more sliders, we would be able to clean them up. Here's some examples of animations after I tweaked the sliders.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Another pull back jumper
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

FULL VIDEO
phpBB [video]

A couple things:

The two step backs look exactly the same, and I can tell they feel exactly the same. Look how choppy it is, that's the turn off. I messed with the game speed and difficulty levels, nothing can change those animations. However, lets say you are right and something in the sliders could change the animation issues (If they added more sliders)

99% of the players who play the demo won't even touch the sliders (The average player), they will feel the game the way it is out of the box, and MAYBE only change game speed, but the average player won't even do that. They will pick it up, call it trash, and move on (And not buy).

99% of the people who try this game at a store (Best Buy, Gamestop, Wal-Mart, etc), will not touch the sliders, and maybe a few will touch the game speed. They will call it trash, set it down, and not buy.

Those are facts, and everybody here knows it. It's the feel I am talking about. Those Steph Curry step backs look like something out of PS2, they literally have no flow or feel to them. He looks like his back is cracking a couple times as he tries to get through his animations. This is NOT me being negative, this is me being honest and wanting the game to get better. It's not just that 2K is "So big now", or people "Only know one thing". People are picking up the demo, they are watching on youtube, they will play in stores, they may even buy pre-owned. But the bottom line is, that first impression, that feel, to go along with skimpy modes/lack of basic modes and features, is what holds Live back from making any ground.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Izzy Snow on Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:08 am

ThaLiveKing wrote:While I understand there is robotic animations, I feel if they gave us more sliders, we would be able to clean them up. Here's some examples of animations after I tweaked the sliders.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Another pull back jumper
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

FULL VIDEO