Nike and the NBA Reveal First uniforms

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Nike and the NBA Reveal First uniforms

Postby Jackal on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:53 am

Lakers Home & Away

The collars are pretty different, I'd seen it in the Lonzo Ball screenshot but wasn't sure if they'd keep that in the actual design. I'm glad they didn't fudge with it too much.

Official link.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:11 am

Did you notice they called the white association and gold jersey Icon? By Nike's terms white is home and gold is away, but since the home team picks, I could see them continuing tradition of gold home, white on sundays for Chick ☝☝
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:52 am

Screw Nike. Their terminology isn't for me.

Completely agree with you, yellow = home, purple = away & white = sunday's. I'd be fine with them doing the sleeveless black Hollywood nights jerseys too, the sleeved ones just didn't look right to me.

I do believe they are also going to have a fifth "classic" jersey. Wonder which they'll opt for. I really liked those baby blue MPLS jerseys but my gut tells me they'll go with the darker shade blue version.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:13 am

This is what the almighty Conrad thinks

Honestly I'd be okay with it. I do like the baby blues a little more but they've already been done before and I'd prefer new ones I haven't seen yet. I hate when teams with long histories keep bringing back the same throwbacks instead of picking new ones
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:33 am

I like the new Clippers jerseys. I'd say it's an improvement over the previous design.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:45 pm

So glad that the Clippers opted to use "CLIPPERS" for the wordmarks instead of those hideous jerseys from last year.

[Q] wrote:Also on Chris creamers site they showed the wolves jersey which doesn't look as bad as it did in that game screenshot. I kinda dog the look as its a bit different, similar to the wizards jersey

I see what you did there. :lol:
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Agreed. I felt the same way about the Spurs alternate that uses the alternate logo in place of a wordmark. It makes for a decent concept jersey or fan apparel, but I'm not a fan of the idea for an actual jersey. It's funny because I do actually like the Rockets old "pyjama" pinstripe jerseys which did have the team logo on the front, but since the logo included the Rockets wordmark, I'd say it works better than the aforementioned designs.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:55 pm

Lean wrote:So glad that the Clippers opted to use "CLIPPERS" for the wordmarks instead of those hideous jerseys from last year.

[Q] wrote:Also on Chris creamers site they showed the wolves jersey which doesn't look as bad as it did in that game screenshot. I kinda dog the look as its a bit different, similar to the wizards jersey

I see what you did there. :lol:

Whoops. That was a typo. I meant dig
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball