17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: 17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

Postby zetsuboushta on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:51 pm

Guys, rookies in roster include Simmons, Embiid and so on. It would be good to see that thing fixed. Sorry if it was mentioned by someone.
zetsuboushta

Re: 17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:39 am

zetsuboushta wrote:Guys, rookies in roster include Simmons, Embiid and so on. It would be good to see that thing fixed. Sorry if it was mentioned by someone.

To be fair, Simmons is a rookie. But everything else, I'll be updating all of that shortly.
bluejaybrandon

Postby JeasonDupri on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:52 am

How exactly do we install these mods? I've downloaded the items and have dragged them into my Modded folder. Is that all that I have to do?
JeasonDupri

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:54 am

JeasonDupri wrote:How exactly do we install these mods? I've downloaded the items and have dragged them into my Modded folder. Is that all that I have to do?

As long as you have the external file plugin (which gives you the Modded folder) with the mod pack then you should be good to go. just download the roster to get started.
bluejaybrandon

Postby pistonnation on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:29 am

Avery Bradley on Pistons is #22 not #00. Also KCP and other players are on Suspensions? KCP on Lakers has a 4-6 month suspension therefore is deleted from the rotation. :lol:
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation

pistonnation

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:13 am

Rosters have injuries accurate as of June 2017 when "Start Today" starts. The game counts the offseason too if I am right, therefore that's why his suspension time is so big
I Hate Mondays

Postby Kumode on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:58 pm

Obviously, great work and all, but seeing how creators are rapidly losing interest and not really hiding it is really sad.

This can bring two things, in my opinion - low quality and low effort work and/or complete abandoning of the project.

I am not going to step on anyone's toes and obviously such project is better fit with the start of NBA 2k18 as an overhaul, you still did take on the project and it's a shame to see you finalize that way.

I still thank you for what you have done, but I doubt I will use this roster, as there won't be the same commitment there was beforehand. :cry:
Kumode

Postby JeasonDupri on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:27 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
JeasonDupri wrote:How exactly do we install these mods? I've downloaded the items and have dragged them into my Modded folder. Is that all that I have to do?

As long as you have the external file plugin (which gives you the Modded folder) with the mod pack then you should be good to go. just download the roster to get started.

Thanks they work now! Any clue on how to get the 2017-18 roster to "Activate?" I downloaded both files and extracted them inside the Modded file, but it still shows 16-17 rosters.
JeasonDupri

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Kumode wrote:Obviously, great work and all, but seeing how creators are rapidly losing interest and not really hiding it is really sad.

This can bring two things, in my opinion - low quality and low effort work and/or complete abandoning of the project.

I am not going to step on anyone's toes and obviously such project is better fit with the start of NBA 2k18 as an overhaul, you still did take on the project and it's a shame to see you finalize that way.

I still thank you for what you have done, but I doubt I will use this roster, as there won't be the same commitment there was beforehand. :cry:

What are you talking about? The roster will be updated.
People kept asking for the roster and now it's released. There will be updates just not going to be an update every time something happens in the real world.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:33 pm

JeasonDupri wrote:Thanks they work now! Any clue on how to get the 2017-18 roster to "Activate?" I downloaded both files and extracted them inside the Modded file, but it still shows 16-17 rosters.

Installation Tutorial
phpBB [video]
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JeasonDupri on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:48 pm

The roster is in the game, but for some reason when I select Roster, it doesn't show the correct players (ie. Paul George still in Indiana). I can see him on the Thunder when I click edit roster and then the name I saved the NLSC as. Is there a way to "make" the 2K18 NLCS roster the default?
JeasonDupri

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:55 pm

JeasonDupri wrote:The roster is in the game, but for some reason when I select Roster, it doesn't show the correct players (ie. Paul George still in Indiana). I can see him on the Thunder when I click edit roster and then the name I saved the NLSC as. Is there a way to "make" the 2K18 NLCS roster the default?

If you are trying to play a season or myleague

for Play now

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:32 pm

Thanks for your video TG, really glad to see our stuff promoted on your channel. Also thanks for the explanations above. If words didn't work, I guess pictures will do.
I Hate Mondays

Postby HardcoreLegend on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:19 pm

so how offline users should download those rosters?
HardcoreLegend

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:35 pm

Why are you after an offline version? Do you have a cracked game?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:56 am

Kumode wrote:Obviously, great work and all, but seeing how creators are rapidly losing interest and not really hiding it is really sad.

Not sure exactly what you mean, there will be updates. I would put this roster up against any other 2018 roster. If you disagree, you're more than welcome to find a different roster or create your own.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Gerix on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:32 am

Just a few informations about players from Europe.

If Korkmaz is 68, than Bogdanovic cannot be 70. In my opinion, 74-75 at least.
Also, Ekpe Udoh, amazing season is behind him. 67 is waaaay to low. For him, 75 easily. One of the best defenders at center position.
Maximilian Kleber, Dallas....50 and something? Too low.
Finally, Milos Teodosic is one of the best assist PG in the world! Yes, his defensive game is awfull, but passing vision and passing IQ over 90. Generally, 76 is (Y) for him.

Im looking forward playing this mod. Great job guys!
:roll:
Gerix

Postby Jowize on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:02 am

hi guys !!! congrats to this amazing work. really ! i've just one question : i'm not a huge fan of the Lonzo ball's face, and i like removed the face with de lonzo ball face by R4zoR's, but i dont know the lonzo face's id in the original mod. who wants to help me ? :)
Jowize

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:08 am

Jowize, its 1591. Change the files that you want to replace to that number.
bluejaybrandon

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:39 am

Dear community members, I am talking on behalf of the entire team. I will keep it short.
Four days ago, Brandon let us know he is quitting the project. For the third time, but now he managed to do it for real. With this simple message:

MOD EDIT: Please refrain from posting private e-mails on the forums.

After this episode, we decided to release what we had with you guys so you can enjoy it.
Brandon on the other hand decided that he doesn't want to quit doing this afterall...instead he wants to do a "solo" release of our roster + some edits and call it his own. You probably might've noticed that, he created a new thread about his "new" roster. He also wants to ditch the "NLSC Community" name because he sees everything more like his work. In other words, he wants to use the edits me, Kevmire, JEDL and rover22044 did and integrate them in a roster of his "own".
We obviously couldn't agree on that, we want to release this either as a team or not at all. We can't have people grabbing our hours of work and add a little bit of sauce on top just to call it their own. We can't have people suddenly leaving the team and using others work as a base to take indivual credit. That's the decision of all the other 4 team members.
As a result, we will have to lock his thread. Brandon did his fair part of portraits and tendencies for a couple of teams and we can't use his stuff anymore. It would be hypocritical.
I am sorry we had to go through this, but this project is comming to an end. Meanwhile, you can check Brandon's post before it gets locked down. That, if he doesn't find you guys too "toxic", lol. We'll just make sure next time people with that kind of an attitude don't come close to our projects if we do something for NBA 2K18. It's a waste of time and energy when dealing with this kind of situations.

So if any admin is kind enough, lock this baby down please. Thank you in advance and thank you all for your support! The rosters will still be available on 2K share but out of respect we won't update them any further. This stage of the project is what you'll get.
Last edited by I Hate Mondays on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
I Hate Mondays

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:46 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:Dear community members, I am talking on behalf of the entire team. I will keep it short.
Four days ago, Brandon let us know he is quitting the project. For the third time, but now he managed to do it for real. With this simple message:

[ Image ]

After this episode, we decided to release what we had with you guys so you can enjoy it.
Brandon on the other hand decided that he doesn't want to quit doing this afterall...instead he wants to do a "solo" release of our roster + some edits and call it his own. You probably might've noticed that, he created a new thread about his "new" roster. He also wants to ditch the "NLSC Community" name because he sees everything more like his work.
We obviously couldn't agree on that, we want to release this either as a team or not at all. We can't have people grabbing our hours of work and add a little bit of sauce on top just to call it their own. That's the decision of all the other 4 team members.
As a result, we will have to lock his thread. Brandon this his fair part of portraits and tendencies for a couple of teams and we can't use his stuff anymore. It will be hypocritical.
I am sorry we had to go through this, but this project is comming to an end. Meanwhile, you can check Brandon's post before it gets locked down. That, if he doesn't find you guys too "toxic", lol. We'll just make sure next time people with that kind of an attitude don't come close to our projects if we do something for NBA 2K18. It's a waste of time and energy when dealing with this kind of situations.

So if any admin is kind enough, lock this baby down please. Thank you in advance and thank you all for your support! The rosters will still be available on 2K share but out of respect we won't update them any further. This stage of the project is what you'll get.

Well then...this has certainly got to violate some forum rules...
bluejaybrandon

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:53 am

What are those rules you are talking about? I don't see anything wrong with my post.
I Hate Mondays

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:03 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:What are those rules you are talking about? I don't see anything wrong with my post.

Not gonna get into the weeds here. Hopefully people will appreciate the differences between our rosters. Yours is based on formulas and calculations. Mine is community feedback with pretty pictures and accurate rookies. There's no reason to post this type of message. Both rosters can co-exist. I don't think you should lose sight of the fact that its a game. Also below is a link to the original thread where this whole roster started, not gonna bore people here with the story but sufficed to say I started the base of the roster. Anyways nobody cares about this petty stuff, they want content so there is no reason that there can't be two rosters producing similar content.

viewtopic.php?f=224&t=103235
bluejaybrandon

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:15 am

Exactly how I told you in particular. If you want to do your "Own" roster, go ahead and redo all the ratings, coaching profiles, rotations, badges, sigshots, accesories and everything else we, the other members of the team, worked hard for.
Just keep the part you did..portraits and tendencies for the 76ers, Bucks, Celtics, Cavs and Bulls. Even some of the rookies. The rest of the roster is on us.
But anything else that wasn't touched by you, get rid of it please. We don't want our roster to be associated with solo releases. This was a team project. Too bad some members of the team wanted individual credit. If you want to be seen as a solo modder by the community, you might as well start from scratch and not use 95% of other people's work as a base. This is just a tip for every user on this forum.
Our ratings numbers are unique and if anything similar is found on your "solo" roster, we'll call it stealing without our approval.
It's enough that this project went down because of you in the end, just don't make things uglier please. We have our pride, you have yours. Next time you join a team, just don't tell the members you quit when in fact you resume work by yourself because you want thing to go exactly your way using the work of others.
I Hate Mondays

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:25 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:Our ratings numbers are unique and if anything similar is found on your "solo" roster, we'll call it stealing without our approval.

"We own the numbers"

This is a ROSTER. Any of these variables can be reached by anyone on the forum. It's all done within the game's given tools. You're saying don't credit the NLSC roster on your solo project because we don't want to be associated with solo acts, but then if I don't credit you, you threaten to have it removed and me banned.

My roster is the unreleased version with accurate draft class information and no nicknames. If people want that version they download that. If they don't they stick here. It's simple really, so let's get past all this drama that no one wants to see or cares about and go on with the various projects.
bluejaybrandon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding