NBA2k18 Preview with LD2K

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

NBA2k18 Preview with LD2K

Postby dwdufour on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:53 pm

Hey guys, the pod with Chris was a lot of fun. Thanks for all of your questions, I got to as many as I could/he answered what he could.

Here is the direct link https://www.almightyballer.com/nba-2k18-with-chris-manning-ld2k-from-2k-sports/

If you're interested in subscribing, you can do so at the links available here: https://twitter.com/DaveDuFourNBA/status/888182599356514305

I'm hoping to get Chris back again right after release when he can spill more details.

Thanks again.
dwdufour

Re: NBA2k18 Preview with LD2K

Postby PeacemanNOT on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Disappointing interview to be honest. Very bleak and PC, avoided a lot of questions, if not all of them. Obviously that was to be expected (they do this every year) but still disappointing.
Last edited by PeacemanNOT on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby dwdufour on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:41 pm

PeacemanNOT wrote:Disappointing interview to be honest. Very bleak and PC, avoided a lot of questions, obviously that was to be expected (they do this every year) but still disappointing.

I'm not going to pretend like you're wrong.

Things are pretty locked down on the PR front.

My apologies.
dwdufour

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:31 am

I thought it was a solid interview in terms of the flow and the conversation, so definitely a nice job in that regard. I know from experience how tough it is to deliver here, because you want to get the answers for your fellow gamers (and a scoop or two, if possible!), but it's not always feasible because the person you're talking to isn't allowed to talk about something yet, isn't the best person to talk to about a certain element of the game, or both. Unfortunately, the timing was going to be a problem because there's stuff they're not talking about yet, and on top of that, not being an engineer/producer, it's tough for LD2K to go into specifics about some of the features, tech, and key improvements.

It was nice to hear that defense is a priority, and that MyPLAYER Archetypes are getting some work. I know there was a rumour floating around that MyPARK was being cut - which seemed highly unlikely to say the least given its popularity, which Chris himself noted - but it's handy to be able to shoot down that rumour, however that may have gotten started.

In any case, thanks for asking us for questions, and sharing the show here. As I said, I know how difficult it can be to get those in-depth answers, especially when the preview season is just getting underway with concrete information about the game itself, and the person you're chatting to isn't at liberty to divulge certain details.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Hadley88 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:48 pm

I still remember 2K14 when they just ignored every PC Question and until Release we had no idea what we are going to get.
Hadley88

Postby dwdufour on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:20 am

Andrew wrote:I thought it was a solid interview in terms of the flow and the conversation, so definitely a nice job in that regard. I know from experience how tough it is to deliver here, because you want to get the answers for your fellow gamers (and a scoop or two, if possible!), but it's not always feasible because the person you're talking to isn't allowed to talk about something yet, isn't the best person to talk to about a certain element of the game, or both. Unfortunately, the timing was going to be a problem because there's stuff they're not talking about yet, and on top of that, not being an engineer/producer, it's tough for LD2K to go into specifics about some of the features, tech, and key improvements.

It was nice to hear that defense is a priority, and that MyPLAYER Archetypes are getting some work. I know there was a rumour floating around that MyPARK was being cut - which seemed highly unlikely to say the least given its popularity, which Chris himself noted - but it's handy to be able to shoot down that rumour, however that may have gotten started.

In any case, thanks for asking us for questions, and sharing the show here. As I said, I know how difficult it can be to get those in-depth answers, especially when the preview season is just getting underway with concrete information about the game itself, and the person you're chatting to isn't at liberty to divulge certain details.

Thanks Andrew.
dwdufour

Return to NBA 2K18