Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: 2018 NBA Champions! + Retirees + Draft Lottery)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: 58-19 + Only 5 Games left!)

Postby Kenny on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:03 pm

Season Series: Seattle 2-1

Lineups

Seattle Sonics

Patrick Mills | Arron Afflalo | Otto Porter | Andrew Nicholson | Andrew Bogut

Bench
Dion Waiters | Shaun Livingston | Tony Snell | Boban Marjanovic | Jarnell Stokes | Jamal Crawford | Luc Mbah a Moute | Devin Harris

IR
Brandon Rush | Michael Fusek

Houston Rockets

Patrick Beverley | James Harden | Trevor Ariza | Ryan Anderson | Clint Capela

Bench
Eric Gordon | Jonas Jerebko | Montrezl Harrell | Corey Brewer | Sam Dekker | D.J. Augustin | Chinanu Onuaku

IR
Ryan Hollins | Miles Bridges

Team Leaders

HOU: James Harden 26.2

Rebounds
SEA: Andrew Bogut 11.1
HOU: Clint Capela 11.4

Assists
SEA: Patrick Mills 7.4
HOU: Patrick Beverley 5.9
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: 61-21 + Playoff Preview + More)

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:52 pm

It's been a great regular season, especially for a second year expansion team. It's weird that you didn't have much representation on the All-NBA teams, but I guess it's a reflection of how it's a team effort for you, without a standout superstar player. Hope you can go all the way!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: 58-19 + Only 5 Games left!)

Postby Valor on Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:45 pm

Kenny wrote:More fuel for Nick Wright to be Nick Wrong about LBJ being better than Michael Jordan.

Could not agree more :applaud:

Brandon Knight actually being good in your game is amazing, he's probably the unluckiest guy in the NBA IRL...and it's pretty criminal how none of your guys got on the all-nba teams even though you ended with 61 wins!

Love the individual player season recap you did, good luck against the Houston strip club HOFer. :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Kenny on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:09 pm

Andrew wrote:It's been a great regular season, especially for a second year expansion team. It's weird that you didn't have much representation on the All-NBA teams, but I guess it's a reflection of how it's a team effort for you, without a standout superstar player. Hope you can go all the way!

I think you need a player to average around 25-30 to make those teams... at least when it comes to wing players. I'm guessing the centre position might be a little easier. With that said, I don't use Bogut or Marjanovic that much on the offensive end, so that's probably not going to happen either.

Valor wrote:
Kenny wrote:More fuel for Nick Wright to be Nick Wrong about LBJ being better than Michael Jordan.

Could not agree more :applaud:

Brandon Knight actually being good in your game is amazing, he's probably the unluckiest guy in the NBA IRL...and it's pretty criminal how none of your guys got on the all-nba teams even though you ended with 61 wins!

Love the individual player season recap you did, good luck against the Houston strip club HOFer. :lol:

Thought you might appreciate that jab. He's pretty much the polar opposite of Skip Bayless regarding LeBron, but at least Skip has a sense of history (even if he himself is a disingenuous prick, in most instances).

I feel sorry for Brandon Knight. Aside from the damming highlights against him, he was a borderline All-Star in Milwaukee, then he was traded away so they could have Michael Carter-Williams at the point... for reasons. I think he would have been a way better fit with Giannis running the point, but I guess hindsight is 20-20.

The funny thing is, on the screen about the player's mood, Otto Porter is complaining about how the voters didn't give him any love in the MIP voting, and Bogut is always bitching about not being DPOY. So the game is kind of self-aware.

And I'm glad you liked the player review. It's always a big job, but I enjoy looking at the stats and reflecting on individual seasons.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:10 pm

Game 1: Sonics Annihilate Rockets

The Sonics started their post-season campaign with the biggest win of the playoffs so far. Despite trailing 26-23 at the end of the first quarter, the Sonics managed to blowout the Rockets in the next three quarters, eventually winning by 112-74.

Even though Otto Porter started the annihilation, and ended up with 20 points, it was the Sonics bench that proved to be the most explosive on the night. Both Dion Waiters (26 points) and Tony Snell (23 points) had career games, while Jarnell Stokes (11 points, 10 rebounds) was also influential from the bench.

The Rockets, on the other hand, had very little production on offence. James Harden was below par with 19 points, 3 rebounds and 4 assists, while Montrezl Harrell (10 points, 4 rebounds) was the only other Houston player to reach double figures in scoring.

Game 2: Rockets Bounce Back

After one of the most embarrassing playoff losses in their franchise history, the Rockets managed to pick up the split on the road with a 104-96 win.

James Harden made sure not to repeat his lacklustre performance from game one, as he tallied a team-high 33 points off 12-23 from the field. Patrick Beverley also proved to be a factor on offence, with 18 points, 5 rebounds and 7 assists, while Ryan Anderson (13 points, 11 rebounds) and Eric Gordon (11 points) both stepped up after poor performances in game one.

For the Sonics, Dion Waiters was once again the spark they needed off the bench. The mercurial guard top scored with 27 points off 8-15 shooting. However, his teammates couldn’t replicate a similar efficiency in scoring. Patrick Mills (6-16) had 21 points and 5 assists, while Otto Porter (5-13) and Arron Afflalo (5-14) both scored 17 and 13 respectively.

Game 3: Rockets Take 2-1 Series Lead in Houston

The Rockets once again stunned the Sonics by picking up a 111-89 win in Game 3.

James Harden picked up from where he left off in game two, tallying 37 points and 11 assists on the night. However, the biggest factor for the Rockets was arguably Clint Capela. The Rockets centre controlled the paint, scoring 17 points and grabbing 17 rebounds. Ryan Anderson (10 rebounds) and Jonas Jerebko (8 rebounds) also helped the Rockets dominate on the boards, while scoring 13 points each. Jerebko also proved to be a major threat from behind the arc, sinking all 3 of his attempts.

Otto Porter (19 points) and Dion Waiters (16 points) were the top scoring options for the Sonics, but the key factor of the game was second chance points. Andrew Nicholson tried his best, with 12 points and 13 rebounds, but had little help keeping Capela and the Houston frontcourt off the boards.

Game 4: Porter and Waiters Fire in Houston, Tie Series

Otto Porter and Dion Waiters combined to carry the Sonics to a 105-87 win in Game 4. The emerging stars combined for 71 of the 105 points scored by the Sonics. Porter tallied 41 points, 7 rebounds, 4 steals and 2 blocks, while Dion Waiters had 30 points, 3 rebounds and 2 assists. Arron Afflalo was the only other Sonics player in double figures, with 12 points.

While the dominant performances from Porter and Waiters proved to be a major factor, the Sonics’ ability to limit James Harden shouldn’t be overlooked. Even though The Beard scored 21 points, he was in foul trouble the entire game, thanks to the aggressive play from Dion Waiters. Jonas Jerebko (2-3 3PT) once again proved to be a threat from outside, with 13 points, while Trevor Ariza and Montrezl Harrell scored 10 each.

Even though the night was mostly positive for the Sonics, Jarnell Stokes was injured after taking a shot to the ribs from Clint Capela. It is likely that he will miss game five in Seattle, with Luc Mbah a Moute the most likely candidate to take his spot in the rotation.

The series is tied at 2-2
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:11 pm

Back and forth battle. Hoping you can win the next two!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:18 pm

Andrew wrote:Back and forth battle. Hoping you can win the next two!

Similar to my last playoffs, Harden and Capela are giving me hell.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: SEAvHOU - Games 1-4)

Postby Kenny on Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:18 pm

Game 5: Afflalo Sinks Rockets in the 4th

Arron Afflalo had one of the great 4th quarter performances in the Sonics 99-92 win.

With Dion Waiters having his first substandard performance of the playoffs – 14 points off 3-10 – Afflalo picked up the slack when the Sonics needed it the most. He hit 4 of his 5 threes in the final quarter against the Rockets, and ended the game with a team high 26 points. Otto Porter was also down on his usual scoring efforts, but managed to register a double-double, with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Luc Mbah a Moute added 11 points off the bench, while Patrick Mills had 10 points and 12 assists.

For the Rockets, James Harden was once again limited by foul trouble and poor shooting. He scored 21 points off 8-24 from the field. Eric Gordon (19 points) and Patrick Beverley (13 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists) helped keep the Rockets in the game, while Clint Capela (12 points, 15 rebounds) and Trevor Ariza (11 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists) put up solid numbers. But the Rockets were always going to struggle without James Harden at the top of his game.

Game 6: Sonics Advance to Semis

The Sonics concluded their first-round series against the Rockets with a comprehensive 119-84 win.

Patrick Mills had one of his best games of the series, leading the team with 17 points and 8 assists, and Arron Afflalo followed up his incredible fourth quarter performance in game five with 16 points off 6-11 shooting. Tony Snell and Jamal Crawford both tallied 15 points each from the bench, while Dion Waiters (13) and Luc Mbah a Moute (11) also had significant contributions in the second unit.

Despite only having 1 foul in the game, James Harden was contained to just 19 points, thanks to some persistent defence from Arron Afflalo and Dion Waiters. Ryan Anderson (15 points) and Eric Gordon (11 points) tried to pick up the slack, but they were the only other double-digit scorers for the Rockets, combining for 10-28 from the field.

The Sonics will now go on to play the San Antonio Spurs in the Conference Semi Finals.

Sonics win the series 4-2
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:19 pm

Conference Semi Finals

Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:19 pm

Lineups

Seattle Sonics

Bench
Dion Waiters | Shaun Livingston | Tony Snell | Boban Marjanovic | Luc Mbah a Moute | Jamal Crawford | Jarnell Stokes | Devin Harris

IR

San Antonio Spurs

Tony Parker | Tony Allen | Kawhi Leonard | LaMarcus Aldridge | Pau Gasol

Bench
Kyle Anderson | Manu Ginobili | Alexis Ajinca | David West | Dejounte Murray | Tim Frazier | David Lee | Danny Green*

*Danny Green - High Right Ankle Sprain – 1-2 Weeks (Hurt)

Team Leaders

SAN: Kawhi Leonard 29

Rebounds
SEA: Andrew Bogut 10.3
SAN: LaMarcus Aldridge 8.8

Assists
SEA: Patrick Mills 8
SAN: Tony Parker 4.7
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: SEAvHOU - Series Conclusion)

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Congrats on advancing! Hope the run continues.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:50 pm

Kenny wrote:I feel sorry for Brandon Knight. Aside from the damming highlights against him, he was a borderline All-Star in Milwaukee, then he was traded away so they could have Michael Carter-Williams at the point... for reasons. I think he would have been a way better fit with Giannis running the point, but I guess hindsight is 20-20.

Yep, even my mate who's a massive Suns fan that's fed up with Brandon Knight said he actually feels sorry for him. Works so hard but just gets all the bad breaks.

Kenny wrote:And I'm glad you liked the player review. It's always a big job, but I enjoy looking at the stats and reflecting on individual seasons.

Totally get what you mean there, and yeah, it's fantastic so keep it up (Y)

Spurs will be a tough out, but if Arron Afflalo keeps up his form you should be alright :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Kenny on Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:20 pm

Andrew wrote:Congrats on advancing! Hope the run continues.

Here's hoping I can make it out of the Western Conference gauntlet!

Valor wrote:
Kenny wrote:I feel sorry for Brandon Knight. Aside from the damming highlights against him, he was a borderline All-Star in Milwaukee, then he was traded away so they could have Michael Carter-Williams at the point... for reasons. I think he would have been a way better fit with Giannis running the point, but I guess hindsight is 20-20.

Yep, even my mate who's a massive Suns fan that's fed up with Brandon Knight said he actually feels sorry for him. Works so hard but just gets all the bad breaks.

Kenny wrote:And I'm glad you liked the player review. It's always a big job, but I enjoy looking at the stats and reflecting on individual seasons.

Totally get what you mean there, and yeah, it's fantastic so keep it up (Y)

Spurs will be a tough out, but if Arron Afflalo keeps up his form you should be alright :)

Yeah, it's a shame what's happened to Knight... and things aren't going to get any better for him with that torn ACL.

The Spurs are really tough now, considering they have arguably 3 of the top 10 perimeter defenders in the league (Kawhi Leonard, Tony Allen and Danny Green). Plus Pau isn't the defensive liability in 2K that he has become in real life.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:20 pm

Game 1: Spurs Take Early Series Lead

Kawhi Leonard made a statement in the Spurs 112-104 win over the Sonics.

Even though the Spurs have been often labelled as “too old”, they proved that they are still a legitimate force in the West when Leonard is on the floor. Leonard was just 1 assists shy of a triple-double, registering line of 27 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists, 1 steal and 1 block. He was backed by 6 other scorers in double figures, led by LaMarcus Aldridge, who had 14 points and 6 rebounds. Pau Gasol (14 rebounds) and Alexis Ajinca (10 rebounds) were both solid contributors in the paint, scoring 12 points each, while Tony Parker helped steer the ship, with 11 points and 8 assists. Kyle Anderson and Tony Allen also hit double figures, scoring 10 points each.

For the Sonics, Patrick Mills tried making a statement of his own. He tallied 27 points and 11 assists against his old team. Otto Porter also had contributed on offence, with 22 points on the night, but the Sonics simply didn’t have the depth in scoring that the Spurs did. Aside from Mills and Porter, Luc Mbah a Moute (12) and Dion Waiters (10) were the only other players to reach double figures for the Sonics.

Game 2: Sonics Outlast Spurs in 2OT Classic

The Sonics put their Conference Semi Finals campaign back on track, thanks to a 150-139 win in a double-overtime classic.

Down by 3 - and on the brink of a 2-0 series deficit - Otto Porter nailed a buzzer-beating 3 to send the game into its first overtime. Porter was also responsible for potentially the most telling play in the first overtime period. Within the first minute of overtime, Porter drove to the hoop, which forced Kawhi Leonard to pick up his 6th foul of the game. Even though Patrick Mills couldn’t hit the game-winning basket at the end of overtime, it was simply a matter of time before the Sonics won the game, as the Spurs struggled to win the war of attrition without their best player.

With the score as high as it ended up being, there were a lot of major contributors on both sides. While Otto Porter led the scoring for the Sonics, with 31 points, Patrick Mills arguably had the best game. The Aussie point guard had an incredible 28 points and 16 assists on the night. Arron Afflalo (18 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists) and Dion Waiters (17 points) were also influential on offence, while Andrew Nicholson and Luc Mbah a Moute ended up scoring 15 points each. As a testament to the high-scoring nature of the game, even Andrew Bogut tallied double figures on the night. Along with his impressive 16 rebounds and 6 blocks, Bogut scored 10 points.

With Kawhi Leonard out early in the first overtime period, the Spurs leaned heavily on LaMarcus Aldridge, who came through with 32 points and 9 rebounds. Pau Gasol was also huge on the night, turning back the clock with 24 points, 17 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 blocks. Despite being fouled out in overtime, Kawhi Leonard still managed 23 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 steals, while Tony Parker also put up some big numbers, tallying 22 points and 14 assists. Along with his other veteran teammates, Manu Ginobili had his moments as well, with 10 points and 4 assists off the bench.

There might be two rounds left of the 2018 Playoffs, but they are going to struggle to top that game.

Game 3: Waiters Pours in Playoff High in Sonics Win

Dion Waiters put up a career-high 44 points in the Sonics 118-98 win over the Spurs. While his efficiency from the floor was outstanding (13-19), Waiters’ ability to get to the line killed any shot the Spurs had of containing the Sonics’ offence. Waiters hit all 15 of his free throw attempts. Patrick Mills (25 points, 7 assists) and Otto Porter (23 points) played off Waiters well, while Tony Snell contributed 10 points.

The Spurs had 5 players in double figures, led by Kawhi Leonard’s 22-point performance. Tony Parker (16 points, 9 assists) and Manu Ginobili (14 points) did their best to turn back the clock, but couldn’t match it with the youthful Sonics. Pau Gasol (13 points, 12 rebounds) and LaMarcus Aldridge (10 points) also had minor offensive contributions on the night.

Game 4: Spurs Outrun Sonics in 4th

The Spurs leveled the series with a 108-102 win in San Antonio. After ending the 3rd quarter with an 8-point deficit, the Spurs dominated in the last quarter and outscored the Sonics 38-24.

San Antonio picked up the win through a team effort, with Kawhi Leonard (18 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists), LaMarcus Aldridge (17 points, 7 rebounds) and Alexis Ajinca (17 points, 11 rebounds) all producing winning efforts. Tony Parker also played a significant part in the win, narrowly missing a double-double with 15 points and 9 assists, while Manu Ginobili and Dejounte Murray scored 11 points each.

The Sonics look set to take a 3-1 series lead on the back of another inspired Dion Waiters performance. Waiters scored 27 of his 30 points in the first half. Otto Porter added 21 points, while Arron Afflalo and Patrick Mills contributed 17 and 14 respectively.

After squandering an excellent opportunity to have a closeout game at home, the Sonics will now return to Seattle looking to regain momentum in the series.

Series tied at 2-2
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: Conference Semi Finals: SEAvSAN - Game 1-4)

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:41 pm

That double OT game sounds epic. THRILLHO epic. :P

The Spurs aren't going away quietly, but I'm sure the challenge makes things more interesting. It's also cool to see Leonard putting up big numbers in the hands of the AI. When you consider that star players have often disappointed in the hands of the AI, or the way point guards dominated too much in older NBA Live games, that's something that's made the franchise experience so much more enjoyable. You actually do have to contend with the big names having big performances.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Andrew wrote:That double OT game sounds epic. THRILLHO epic. :P

The Spurs aren't going away quietly, but I'm sure the challenge makes things more interesting. It's also cool to see Leonard putting up big numbers in the hands of the AI. When you consider that star players have often disappointed in the hands of the AI, or the way point guards dominated too much in older NBA Live games, that's something that's made the franchise experience so much more enjoyable. You actually do have to contend with the big names having big performances.

It's something 2K got right in the latest games. Each team seems to know who its star is and it means you can set your game plans accordingly. Every now and then you get players who overachieve a little, but it's not to the extend of say, Steve Nash scoring 37 points in a half.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:20 pm

Game 5: Sonics Lockdown Spurs

The Sonics responded to their shock loss in their last start with a 107-86 win in Seattle. The win was set up in the 3rd quarter, where the Sonics only allowed 10 points, while scoring 30 of their own.

Patrick Mills once again relished the opportunity to face-off against his old team, scoring a game-high 33 points on 11-21 from the field. Otto Porter (8-13) scored his 17 points efficiently, while Shaun Livingston (13 points, 4 rebounds, 8 assists) and Dion Waiters (11 points) played key roles in the second unit. Arron Afflalo also scored in double figures, with 10 points.

The Spurs were unable to replicate their well-rounded team effort in game four, as only 3 players on the team reached double digits in scoring. Kawhi Leonard once again led the way, scoring 24 points, while LaMarcus Aldridge (15 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists) and Manu Ginobili (12 points) were the other notable contributors for the Spurs.

Game 6: Sonics Advance to Conference Finals

The Sonics will go one step further in the playoffs this year, after defeating the Spurs 106-98 in Game 6.

Patrick Mills (29 points, 9 assists) and Otto Porter (24 points, 5 rebounds) got it done once again for the Sonics, while Dion Waiters had 16 points and 4 assists. Andrew Bogut found himself scoring in double figures for the second time in the 2018 NBA Playoffs, as he registered a double-double with 11 points and 14 rebounds. Along with Bogut, Tony Snell also scored 11 points on the night.

Defiant till the end, the Spurs got solid performances out of LaMarcus Aldridge and Kawhi Leonard. They scored 21 and 19 respectively. Pau Gasol (14 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists) was also solid, while Manu Ginobili had 10 points, 2 rebounds and 3 assists, in what could potentially be his last NBA game.

After this win, the Seattle Sonics will continue to run the Western Conference gauntlet, as they face the Golden State Warriors in the Conference Finals.

Sonics win the series 4-2
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Lineups

Golden State Warriors

Stephen Curry | Klay Thompson | Kevin Durant | Draymond Green | Joffrey Lauvergne

Bench
J.J. Hickson | Patrick McCaw | Andrew Goudelock | Zaza Pachulia | Branden Dawson | Damian Jones | Alonzo Gee | Jared Cunningham

Seattle Sonics

Bench
Dion Waiters | Shaun Livingston | Tony Snell | Boban Marjanovic | Luc Mbah a Moute | Jamal Crawford | Jarnell Stokes | Devin Harris

IR

Team Leaders

SEA: Otto Porter 21.3

Rebounds
GSW: Draymond Green 10.3
SEA: Andrew Bogut 12.3

Assists
GSW: Stephen Curry 7.7
SEA: Patrick Mills 8.1
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: Conference Semi Finals: SEAvSAN - Conclusion)

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:51 pm

There we go. (Y) Only appropriate for Mills to have such a big performance against his former team. Should've protected him in the expansion draft...but then, that wouldn't have worked out nearly as well for you.

Now it's time to send the Warriors home. What a kick in the nuts that would be!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:25 am

Damn, Patty looking legit here! Can he kick some Curry butt too? :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Kenny on Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:34 am

Andrew wrote:There we go. (Y) Only appropriate for Mills to have such a big performance against his former team. Should've protected him in the expansion draft...but then, that wouldn't have worked out nearly as well for you.

Now it's time to send the Warriors home. What a kick in the nuts that would be!

They also left Manu unprotected as well, but I couldn't bring myself to poach him. But yeah, Mills is working out so far.

Here's hoping there's no kick ball violations in this series.

Valor wrote:Damn, Patty looking legit here! Can he kick some Curry butt too? :)

Here's hoping. I was thinking of trading him before this playoff series, but I think I'm starting to figure out how to use him properly.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:34 am

Game 1: Sonics Waste the Warriors

The Sonics hit the ground running in the Western Conference Finals opener, with an incredible 124-96 win over the Warriors.

Despite having a relatively innocuous playoff campaign up until this game, Andrew Nicholson was on fire against one of the league’s premier defenders, Draymond Green. Nicholson tallied 35 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks. He worked in tandem with Patrick Mills, who also had an amazing game, with 31 points, 12 assists and 5 steals. Mills pushed the tempo the entire game against the reigning Finals MVP, and managed to get Dion Waiters (18 points) and Otto Porter (10 points, 7 rebounds) involved on the offensive end as well.

For the Warriors, Stephen Curry had an amazing game on a losing team. Chef flirted with a quadruple-double, as he tallied 29 points, 6 rebounds, 9 assists and 6 steals on the night. Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson both contributed 21 points each, while Joffrey Lauvergne had his moments with 10 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists.

Even though the Warriors had great contributions from their stars, the biggest factor of the night was the Sonics’ ability to shut down Draymond Green. With Andrew Nicholson forcing the issue, Green only played for 29 minutes, before being fouled out of the game with 8 points and 7 rebounds.

Game 2: Sonics Hold on in Bay Area, Go Ahead 2-0

The Sonics managed to survive a 4th quarter run by the Warriors to win 112-105 in Game 2.

Andrew Nicholson (23 points, 8 rebounds) and Patrick Mills (18 points, 10 assists) both had big games once again for the Sonics, which helped overcome a poor shooting performance by Otto Porter, who scored his 16 points from 5-16 shooting. The Sonics also got great help from their bench, with Luc Mbah a Moute (15 points, 3 rebounds) and Dion Waiters (14 points, 5 assists, 3 steals) both chipping in.

The Warriors 4th quarter comeback was led by Kevin Durant, who filled up the stat sheet with 27 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks. Joffrey Lauvergne and Stephen Curry both scored 20 points each, while Draymond Green (12 points, 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 1 block) found his groove after a subpar first game. Klay Thompson also scored in double figures, tallying 11 points on the night, but the Warriors were unable to completely erase their 13-point deficit.

Game 3: Warriors Surge Past Sonics

The Warriors registered their first win of the series, with their 117-110 victory in Game 3. The Sonics looked on track to pick up a 3-0 lead, with a commanding lead at the end of the first half. However, the Warriors went on an overwhelming run in the second half, and ended up winning the backend of the game 64-43.

Both members of the Splash Brothers were at their lethal best, as Curry and Thompson led the team with 27 points each. They were backed up by Kevin Durant, who had 20 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists. Draymond Green and Joffrey Lauvergne also provided key contributions, scoring 15 points each.

The Sonics had 7 players in double figures, with Patrick Mills (20 points, 10 assists) leading the list. Luc Mbah a Moute (16 points) and Andrew Bogut (15 points, 6 rebounds) both stepped up their games on offence, while Otto Porter was slightly down on his season average, scoring only 14 points. Arron Afflalo and Andrew Nicholson both chipped in with 13 points each, and Dion Waiters also reached double figures with 11 points.

Game 4: Warriors Hold On Without Curry, Even Series

The Warriors picked up a dramatic 115-111 win against the Sonics, even though Stephen Curry was fouled out early in the 4th. Despite Curry’s 22 points and 10 assists, he was troubled by Shaun Livingston most of the night, and ended up picking up his 5th foul during the 3rd quarter. But if there’s one thing we’ve learned over the Warriors’ period of dominance, they are more than a one-person team.

Kevin Durant stepped up brilliantly for the defending champions, tallying 30 points, 9 rebounds and 6 assists. Draymond Green also had one of his better nights on the series, as he scored 17 points. However, one of the biggest talking points from the game was the performance of Andrew Goudelock. With Curry fouled out of the game, the Warriors combo guard scored 14 points off 4-5 from the field, including the decisive bucket that put the road team ahead by two possessions in the 4th. Goudelock managed to outshine Klay Thompson and Joffrey Lauvergne, who scored 13 and 12 respectively.

For the Sonics, Shaun Livingston was the player that played the biggest role in the game. While he had 28 points and 6 assists, Livingston’s biggest role was being a matchup nightmare for Stephen Curry. Andrew Nicholson (17 points, 8 rebounds) also had another impressive performance against the Warriors, while Patrick Mills and Otto Porter scored 13 points each. Along with the usual contributors on offence, Andrew Bogut (11 points, 12 rebounds) and Boban Marjanovic (10 points, 7 rebounds) also played more significant roles in putting the ball in the basket.

Series tied at 2-2
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: WCF - GSWvSEA - Game 1-4)

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:45 am

Looks like another tough series, but good to see Mills is still having some big games. Lets go Sonics!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: WCF - GSWvSEA - Game 1-4)

Postby Kenny on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:05 pm

Andrew wrote:Looks like another tough series, but good to see Mills is still having some big games. Lets go Sonics!

I think Mills might have an attribute boost of +10 in the Playoffs, because he's been an absolute beast so far. To think I was considering putting him on the trade block too...
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood