17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions | FIRST VERSION UPDATED JULY 10

Postby zetsuboushta on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:50 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:You can share those files here, sure, but we won't guarantee it won't conflict with our files. Just a heads up.

It won't conflict in case of your NBA teams, because i change his files to yours. But there are some faces and so on that remains original.
Also, DEST-roster has system of coach badges. Didn't you think about introducing them to your mod?
zetsuboushta

Re: NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions | FIRST VERSION UPDATED JULY 10

Postby zetsuboushta on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:54 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:You can share those files here, sure, but we won't guarantee it won't conflict with our files. Just a heads up.

They 100% conflict. With both NBA portraits and rookie portraits. Again the original DEST roster was not meant to be comparability with our roster. It is for the 30 NBA teams only.

Also doesn't conflict with your draft-class, i double-checked it.
zetsuboushta

Postby Syncinatti on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:59 pm

i really wish you guys would've used Hans roster as a base. Hans new retro teams plus your current teams would have been magical.
Syncinatti

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Syncinatti wrote:i really wish you guys would've used Hans roster as a base. Hans new retro teams plus your current teams would have been magical.

This is for those looking for a current NBA experience. We didn't want to have to take time away from the roster to edit retro teams that we aren't all that familiar with. If were to leave them unattended while we fully re-vamped the current NBA teams then it's an unbalanced mess. It's a lose-lose situation. Therefore, we do not suggest any use of retro teams with this roster. Dee4Three is hands down the best when it comes to retro content so seek him out but this roster is for current NBA use only.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Nice of you to say, I appreciate it.

When 2K18 comes out, my goal will be to create a classic teams roster like I did for NBA 2K17, but make it so I keep the regular NBA teams intact (fill all the default classic teams, and add 20+ new teams). That would involve us having the ability to overwrite euro teams completely (to NBA rules, and getting the roster to 13). I won't put hundreds of hours into a roster that only has the ability to be used in Play Now. The ability to use my rosters in MyLeague IS VERY important.

I'll do my best to jump on it right when NBA 2K18 is released. The biggest problem with Han's roster is that you can't use any of the default classic teams that have under 13 guys in MyLeague (he eliminated the fakes, but didn't add the real players to get to 13). Same with the teams he added over the euro teams, the teams that didn't have 13 guys, still dont. So they can't be used in MyLeague without the game randomly choosing players to put on those teams. His roster is great, but I want the users of my rosters to have the ability to experience both modes.

Stay tuned when NBA 2K18 comes out. If NBA 2K18 is poor, I will come back to 2K17 and try and make a roster like you are asking about.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Just posted a front page bulletin promoting all the recent roster updates, including this one. That's something I'll be trying to do more often, in addition to the bulletins about additions to the Downloads section.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Andrew wrote:Just posted a front page bulletin promoting all the recent roster updates, including this one. That's something I'll be trying to do more often, in addition to the bulletins about additions to the Downloads section.

You're a legend!
I Hate Mondays

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:58 am

Special thanks to R4zoR for his amazing Harry Giles face! Here's a preview of him in the NLSC Community Roster with accurate body measurements, accessories, etc.

bluejaybrandon

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:45 am

I know there was interest in the Lakers so here's a preview of Kyle Kuzma. Release for 2017-18 is soon.

Last edited by bluejaybrandon on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluejaybrandon

Postby adrian11robben on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:50 am

I do rly like that kuzma portrait
adrian11robben

Postby raptureveteran on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:56 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:I know there was interest in the Lakers so here's a preview of Kyle Kuzma. Release for 2017-18 is soon.

[ Image ]

Do you have a timeframe on when 17-18 will be done? Thanks
raptureveteran

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:24 am

raptureveteran wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:I know there was interest in the Lakers so here's a preview of Kyle Kuzma. Release for 2017-18 is soon.

[ Image ]

Do you have a timeframe on when 17-18 will be done? Thanks

Hoping for a release by the weekend if everything goes well
bluejaybrandon

Postby luckyninjapickle on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:49 pm

sweet brandon thanks for screenshots and ur effort, ik this shit is hard
luckyninjapickle

Postby JEDL on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Just did some gameplay testing for the first time using MyLeague. I managed to implement the roster on the Start Today mode and got past the draft. I controlled all 30 teams and did all of the offseason moves for them (except for the staff).

Anyway, I played as the Mavs in the first game of the following season and got this:

I played with the full 12 minutes per quarter and as much as possible tried to slow the pace and run plays when necessary. Fast breaks or some quick plays were ran occasionally. I also used the User Shot Stick Timing instead of the Real Player % for the release timing because from previous experience I found it almost impossible to knock down consistent or consecutive shots outside the paint (especially from the 3PT line) which often just frustrated me and made me change my focus on attacking on the paint to at least get me points. This then usually lead to very high scoring games. This also gave me and the CPU the opportunity to make ridiculous shots which I find to be quite amusing.

Observations and other notes from the game:

• As you can see with the Lakers' box score, they had a terrible 3PT game which was understandable as the team lacked enough reliable shooters.
  • I struggled scoring with Dennis Smith early in the game against Lonzo Ball due to his size so I delegated him to a more of a facilitator.
  • You may not see it from the box score but I was always worried when Rondo came in as he would usually blow by Barea and Ferrell. However, without reliable bench scorers he would either pass out and not get an assist or drive and miss.
  • Dirk got exposed for a short stretch by Randle as he would also outspeed him on the break or one-on-one.
  • Same as real life, Powell was a liability in defending the rim and got torched by Lopez in the paint.
  • Because of their lack of shooters, they often relied on driving and drawing fouls. Although somehow they were terrible at the free throw line.
  • The Lakers' team fouls were quite low which should not be the case. Well I did rely on jumpshots most of the time though.

For the next game I wanted to see how the gameplay would fare with a CPU vs CPU gameplay. And the game played much differently although the final score was not too far different with the previous game. To be honest I didn't watch all of it since was also browsing some stuff at the same time.

Observations and other notes from portions of the game I watched:

• Lots of terrible contested shots were attempted on both sides.
  • Although it did feel like watching an actual game.
  • Walker was entertaining to watch as he would often dribble and blow by defenders and either land a sweet midrange pullup or drive to the lane uncontested.
  • Babbit took over the 1st quarter and was benched.
  • Not a lot of 3PT attempts from both teams which was disappointing
  • Although I did notice both were attempting 3PT shots in different ways. The Heat mostly relied on landing wide open threes after off-ball screens while the Hornets employed drive-and-kick plays with MCW or Walker driving and passing it to either Batum, Williams, and Kaminsky (1 time) (whether they were in the playbook or not I'm not sure).
  • The Heat often fed the ball to Whiteside or Gibson in the paint.

EDIT: Grammar
JEDL
LuDirk Doncitzki

Postby Kaunietis22 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:57 pm

Can't wait for this to be released , hands down looks like one of the most detailed rosters ever! By the way are you going to provide all the roster files such as courts cybercafes and jerseys?
Kaunietis22

Postby Wzvd on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:52 am

@Bluejaybrandon

When you get a chance, could you check your PMs?
Wzvd

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:59 am

Kaunietis22 wrote:Can't wait for this to be released , hands down looks like one of the most detailed rosters ever! By the way are you going to provide all the roster files such as courts cybercafes and jerseys?

Because people tend to have the most problems with courts and jerseys conflicting and causing issues, those will not be included. That way you can use what you have and ensure no conflicts. There will be a cyberface pack to make sure that the players are accurate.
bluejaybrandon

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:36 am

Special thanks to R4zoR for another awesome face! A little update...every player in the 2017-18 roster will have a portrait at release but we will be releasing portrait packs to update the players to their current teams after. Therefore, you guys get the roster earlier with optional updates down the road.

bluejaybrandon

Postby themogg20 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:04 am

I apologize if these are noob questions, but I just switched to PC for 2k17 and am very new to the modding scene. I downloaded the two files (one optional, one mandatory) for the mods in the OP, but I was wondering about getting the actual roster for 2017-18. I understand that it isn't finished yet, but is there like a "beta" roster (or something along those lines) that is released for 2017-18 yet? Thanks
themogg20

Postby luckyninjapickle on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:41 am

any updates on release dates of the 17-18 r?
luckyninjapickle

Postby keeks on Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:56 am

themogg20 wrote:I apologize if these are noob questions, but I just switched to PC for 2k17 and am very new to the modding scene. I downloaded the two files (one optional, one mandatory) for the mods in the OP, but I was wondering about getting the actual roster for 2017-18. I understand that it isn't finished yet, but is there like a "beta" roster (or something along those lines) that is released for 2017-18 yet? Thanks

No its just the 2016-17 version out. I doubt the 2017-18 version they are working on is public yet on 2k share, but there are plenty on there you can use in the meantime
keeks

Postby RJHUNT3R on Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:55 pm

im fiending
RJHUNT3R

Postby timmyd on Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:23 am

I keep constantly checking this thread through out the day lol.... Looking forward to that 17-18 release. I know you guys are gonna drop some heat!!!
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby raptureveteran on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:18 am

timmyd wrote:I keep constantly checking this thread through out the day lol.... Looking forward to that 17-18 release. I know you guys are gonna drop some heat!!!

i assume nba2k18 will be released before this thing is by now. not trying to be a dick, but its been a while long while for this roster release
raptureveteran

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:24 am

raptureveteran wrote:i assume nba2k18 will be released before this thing is by now. not trying to be a dick, but its been a while long while for this roster release

There are already other updated roster you can download if you if you feel this one will not be released in time.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding