Get NBA2K17+ more game for 12$

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Get NBA2K17+ more game for 12$

Postby dangerzone1 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:08 pm

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

Thought i should let people know because many people here are using pirated copies.
dangerzone1

Re: Get NBA2K17+ more game for 12$

Postby Kevin on Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:56 pm

dangerzone1 wrote:many people here are using pirated copies.

dangerzone indeed
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby dwayne2005 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:18 am

I've been a subscriber to Humble Monthly for most of the time since they started it. The bundles I missed out, I regretted missing out on. Most of the bundles have been worth the money, maybe a few dollars more. Last months bundle was a little worse in my estimation, but I jumped at early purchasing this months bundle for NBA 2k17 which I do not own. I also got 2k16 from Humble last year. I can't justify much on games as my Steam library has more than five thousand games already (as a result of buying Humble/Indie Gala/Indie Royale/Groupees bundles over the years) and I hardly get around to playing any. I guess I need to discipline myself even more, but I figure I have spent $2 per hour which isn't a fraction of what I've spent on movies/music.
dwayne2005

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:20 pm

I can relate. My Steam library is full of games I've picked up on sale, but have hardly played.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:35 pm

I don't think I could get myself to play the game no matter how much of a deal I get on it. although I did play 2k16 last year when it was free
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Hushroom on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:00 am

I purchased the package and am downloading it now. Excited to try it out on PC with some updated rosters and mods!
Hushroom

Postby dwayne2005 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:11 am

The first time I played the season mode for Boston, two of my players were injured which made me sus that the injury rate was too high in this game. Something happened and I forced terminated the game so I could restart the next day. On replay, 4 players from the two teams (3 of mine) were injured in the very same game. I kept getting injury updates saying Isaiah Thomas had 4 different injuries. Hearing Greg Anthony continually saying he is a tough guy and will pull through made me wonder. At some point I was wondering if they were going to give me an injury update telling me he had died from his injuries (obviously a car accident).

Post-game, those 4 injuries were for the 4 different players, not all Isaiah Thomas. I sucked in the following games without my players, so I decided to start season mode again. On the exact same game, I think 2 players were injured again including Isaiah Thomas who was out 6-8 months! I realized I couldn't compete without him, so I restarted the season again this time with a lower difficulty incase anything happened to my star players. But it was too insanely easy so I restarted again on the harder difficulty and both Isaiah Thomas and Al Horford were injured in the exact same game. However, I have continued to play as they were small injuries. I have since had one more small injury, and my players are now day-to-day. But when Isaiah comes back, if he gets injured once more I think I'm going to shelve NBA 2K17.

It's like Speedball 2K17, where you constantly take out opponent players who are carried off in stretchers and a vendor is hearing saying "Ice cream, ice cream...".

I never got around to playing NBA 2K16 season mode, so I don't know if it has the same issues. But I would kind of like to check it out...
dwayne2005

Postby dwayne2005 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:58 am

In the third quater of Isaiah's first game since his injury, he was injured doing apparently nothing and is now out another 6-8 weeks. I think I'm going to remove it and play NBA 2K16 instead, since I never played season mode there I don't know if I'll run into the same issues.

EDIT: While I can customize the injury frequency, I don't have time to mess with settings anymore. Should be much more realistic out of the box, only requiring tweaking anyway.
dwayne2005

Return to NBA 2K17