The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:40 am

Over the next four years, 35% of the Knicks cap flexibility is tied up in the Noah & Hardaway contracts.

The Bulls look like geniuses compared to the Knicks.

This smells like Steve Mills making a move to impress Dolan.....way to go.
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:07 am

The Hardaway signing felt like the episode of The Big Bang Theory when Leonard bought a time machine.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby air gordon on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:01 am

To be fair, THJ can put the ball in the hoop in variety of ways, has shown improvement on defense, and young/injury free

If he turns out like CJ McCollum, it's a great contract
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby mp3 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:22 am

In theory yes but he's not a 70 million dollar man, Iam not upset at the signing but that price tag to a player you traded away is shocking, Allan Crabb type shocking
mp3

Postby air gordon on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:00 am

Ah fair enough. Trying to be optimistic

Looking at the contracts so far for sgs, Id agree its high. Prolly should be closer to what waiters got
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby mp3 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:28 am

Exactly, he was a bench role player with the hawks not a starter putting up border line allstar numbers
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:44 am

There's no point in being a Knicks fan with James Dolan and his puppets Steve Mills & Allan Houston in charge. Dolan is the WORST owner in professional sports....what a disgrace.....no light at the end of the tunnel.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.3313657
Jeffx

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:02 pm

Don't go towards the light Jeffx!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Q] on Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:13 am

Worst sports team owner?
Dolan
Sterling
Vivek
Cleveland Browns owner
Dan Snyder, Washington Redskins owner
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:22 am

dolan has to be worse than sterling. i am not saying sterling is good but he is running the JV team of LA while dolan has the fucking knicks. NY is the capitol of the world and he is just straight up shitting on fans with what he has done to this team
Sauru

Postby Jeffx on Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:24 am

No one from the front office bothered to show up at Hardaway Jr.'s press conference. What a f-n joke.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:52 am

Sauru wrote:dolan has to be worse than sterling. i am not saying sterling is good but he is running the JV team of LA while dolan has the fucking knicks. NY is the capitol of the world and he is just straight up shitting on fans with what he has done to this team

It's a tough call. Sterling's bigotry makes him the worse person, but from all accounts, Dolan's hardly a paragon of grace and virtue either (though it seems he's at least not comfortably racist). Additionally, Sterling is gone and Dolan is still around, holding back a once-proud franchise that is a charter member of the BAA/NBA and the biggest market in the league and country. It's hard to pick against the racist in a competition of the worst, but since he's still an owner and a terrible one at that, Dolan "wins" by default.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:33 am

So now most of the Knicks cap space is tied up with Hardaway, Ron Baker & Noah......wonderful.

2 years, 8.9mil for Baker - you can't make this stuff up, Andrew.......If I wasn't a Knick fan, I'd laugh at how inept the front office is. It's not about establishing a consistent winning culture - it's about cronyism. You think any GM (or top free agent) worth a damn wants to come here and deal with the toxic culture at the Garden? So the franchise is stuck with Steve Mills.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:10 am

I just had to look up Ron Baker to see who that was, which I guess serves as an apt appraisal of that signing.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:37 am

Knicks hired a new puppet, I mean, GM:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.3324698
Jeffx

Postby [Q] on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:40 am

A former Kings executive? Nice to see the Knicks want to keep their culture of dysfunction
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:29 am

Sounds like he's a decent hire by his own merits, but won't have an opportunity to have a positive impact.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:09 am

Andrew wrote:Sounds like he's a decent hire by his own merits, but won't have an opportunity to have a positive impact.

Exactly, because Mills has final say on all basketball decisions. So it'll be business as usual at the Garden. That's why Griffin said no thanks.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:44 am

Carmelo Anthony, Rival Teams Dismayed By Knicks Pulling Him From Trade Talks

The New York Knicks' decision to pull Carmelo Anthony off the trade block has led all sides to be frustrated. The Knicks were involved in four-team trade talks with Anthony expected to be dealt to the Houston Rockets.

Steve Mills is having second thoughts about a trade now that they're on the verge of hiring Scott Perry as general manager. Mills wants to give Perry a chance to settle into his new job before a decision is made on Anthony.

"That's crazy," a source told the News. "From what I understand Carmelo is under the belief that he's going to the Rockets. That's what the Knicks have been telling us; that they're trading him. I can't imagine that after all he went though last season with Phil (Jackson) he's happy with this."

Anthony agreed to waive his no-trade clause for the Rockets and has been preparing for that move for nearly two weeks.

Anthony is said to be dismayed over the events of the past 24 hours.

According to a source, Anthony went to the Knicks prior to the NBA Draft and requested a buyout. With that request denied, Phil Jackson said they would try to accommodate a trade.

Wow. That's really bush league.

Look, say what you will about Melo, it's not as though there aren't legitimate criticisms that you can make about his game. However, he's a 14-year veteran who's been a very good player in the league, a multi-time All-Star and key player for Team USA. He's endured tough seasons and dysfunction with the Knicks, and done as much he can, given his abilities. He's earned the right to be treated with a lot more respect than that.

It's in the Knicks' best interests to do so, too. It's not a good look, and only adds to a dysfunctional, toxic atmosphere. Building a winning team requires good moves, sure, but it helps to be a first class organisation where morale is high, and top players, coaches, and front office personnel want to go. Not to get into the comparisons again, but it's a similar situation in Chicago. Neither team's front office carries itself well, or cultivates a positive culture. Things like this simply do not help.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:17 am

Even after shit hit the fan with Phil Jackson, it's just continuing to pile up again. I think the whole giving Perry "a chance to settle into his new job" is a bullshit excuse. What does it matter if, as Jeffx said above, Mills will make the final decision anyway? Or maybe I'm just salty because it would've been nice to have Melo complete the "Super Team" Rockets.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby benji on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:59 am

why do they keep giving these guys five year deals lol
benji

Postby Jeffx on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:58 pm

Axel. wrote:Even after shit hit the fan with Phil Jackson, it's just continuing to pile up again. I think the whole giving Perry "a chance to settle into his new job" is a bullshit excuse. What does it matter if, as Jeffx said above, Mills will make the final decision anyway? Or maybe I'm just salty because it would've been nice to have Melo complete the "Super Team" Rockets.

I am just FED-UP past the limit with this organization. Instead of hiring knowledgeable basketball people, the lowlife, POS scumbag owner hires his f-n cronies. Steve Mills has final say over personnel decisions, and we've seen what a wonderful job he's done. Nothing's ever going to change at MSG......does anyone really think this current regime can get this sh*t-stain franchise to where it was during the 90s or the 70s?

What's the use?
Jeffx

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:57 am

I like how the Knicks turned Jeffx into a broken man.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Jeffx on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:02 pm

shadowgrin wrote:I like how the Knicks turned Jeffx into a broken man.

Not completely broken.....my football team (Giants) have won four Super Bowls since 1986. Their ownership knows how to run a professional franchise.

James Dolan also owns the Rangers, and they've been a consistent winner. Unlike the Knicks, Dolan doesn't interfere with the management. He admitted he doesn't know hockey, but he thinks he knows basketball.
Jeffx

Postby Sauru on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:34 am

Jeffx wrote:
Not completely broken.....my football team (Giants) have won four Super Bowls since 1986. Their ownership knows how to run a professional franchise.

hey. fuck you
Sauru

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball