Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Valor on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:37 pm

air gordon wrote:that would be something. they unsuccessfully traded him at the deadline and then now a max contract? lol c'mon.

Yep, like I said. It's GarPax. Logic doesn't work with them. I mean they gave away assets to trade away their franchise player who was on a sub 20m per season contract that wasn't expiring. Why would you be surprised if they did that? :lol:

Andrew wrote:I'd take Simmons over Mirotic if the opportunity is there.

I would too, in a heartbeat
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby air gordon on Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:15 am

I refuse to believe they would because most of their idiotic moves were made to keep the bullshit .500 team/sell playoff tix going

Its too early in the rebuild mode to do something that idiotic. I'm trying to remain optimistic mind you
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Moz on Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:41 am

NovU wrote:I am hoping to see more Portis and especially Markkanen. Perhaps one of them could turn out to be next Myles Turner?

With both of them known to be not good defenders, your expectations are too high... We already know of what Portis is capable of and although the Finnish guy is a known shooter, his post scoring capabilities are still in question. Myles Turner has franchise player potential on him neither of the two I haven't seen any of it on them yet.

I'm leaning towards letting go of Mirotic. Yeh, he got some nice games late in the season but I'm tired of his inconsistency... If this report about JaMychal Green is true, I hope they pick with him up instead of Niko. Simmons would be a good pick up also but I'm worried when Lavine comebacks and he's in the roster, Zipser will move back in the pecking order. I have high hopes for him he needs more playing time. Saying that, yes I will be disappointed if they'll offer KCP something...
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby air gordon on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:18 am

Too bad greens the same age as Niko. It's a nice story but I'm with giving the young guys the minutes

Simmons can play sf but probably not ideal against the big sf's

I like zipser too as a 3d guy and maybe occasional small ball four. A good draft pick after all huh
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Moz on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:43 pm

air gordon wrote:Too bad greens the same age as Niko. It's a nice story but I'm with giving the young guys the minutes

Is it really that being 27 years old on his 3rd year is considered old nowadays? They just pulled their qualifying offer on Laverne so perhaps it's either they'll make a run for Green or they'll make an offer to Mirotic although I reckon they gave him a 7M qualifying offer already and they're just waiting for someone to offer him something for them to match.

phpBB [video]

So what d'you reckon? He might not be Dirk (yet?) but I can see that they got a Pat Garrity in this guy. He played pretty confident it's just that mole rat Payne ballhogged this game and he haven't got the touches for those open looks he got most of the time. Same can be said for Dunn... Why the fuck he's playing off-guard when he should be the starting PG? Gar must be really pushing his case that Payne is "their point guard of the future"...
Moz

Postby air gordon on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:44 am

Yeah 27 isn't old. Id rather see minutes go to their lottery pick and crazy eyes Portis. If he played sf I'd be on board

Glad the Finnish 7fter didn't look like a stiff. Had some good moments and bad. One summer league in and I'm not yelling at the TV cuz of him

Agreed 100% on the payne and Dunn. Wtf. I hope it's just a one game experiment. If you watch the game highlights on YouTube you would think payne had a good game smh

Dennis Smith Jr looked pretty damn good out there
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:01 am

Very amusing. I'll definitely drive by and take a pic when it goes up

https://www.blogabull.com/2017/7/7/1590 ... ake-racine
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:37 am

I guess Pip's response isn't surprising, given his role with the team, but...that's still a bit disappointing that he'd flat out dismiss the fans like that. Sure, GarPax have a hard job, but that doesn't mean they're above criticism, and it's clear a lot of us have had it up to here with how they're running the team (which is to say, shoddily).

Anyway, good on the fans organising that, funny stuff indeed. Looking forward to seeing pics.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:55 am

Upon early review, clearly these rebuilding Bulls have a ways to go

Dunn showed some defensive tenacity and a willingness to try to get to the rim in Saturday's loss, but the lack of a consistent jump shot continues to hover over his game. Dunn said he feels much better about his mechanics heading into the season than he did a year ago, but the results have yet to back up that claim. Dunn will not play again in summer league after leaving Vegas for family reasons.

Zipser was a nonfactor in Saturday's loss, going just 3-for-11 from the field, and hasn't played since spraining his ankle in the same game.

Valentine has played in all three of the Bulls' games but has really struggled to make an impact. He is a combined 12-for-44 from the field and has not shown the athleticism needed to separate himself at the professional level. Valentine expressed an interest in taking on more of a leadership role within the younger group of players during the upcoming rebuilding year, but it's tough to develop that kind of voice when a player isn't contributing at a high level during games.

Payne's inability to contribute much at all is a microcosm of the Bulls' entire summer league experience. Payne, acquired in a package from Oklahoma City at last February's trade deadline for Taj Gibson, Doug McDermott and a second-round pick, didn't just play poorly in his two-game stint in Vegas. He played like a prospect who has no long-term future in the NBA. Payne left the team on Tuesday to deal with a family issue and will not return. He looked lost on the floor, shooting a combined 9-for-26 from the field and turning the ball over seven times.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:00 pm

I'm just going to skip to the end and address the Payne quote...
Payne's inability to contribute much at all is a microcosm of the Bulls' entire summer league experience.

Yep, sounds about right, and GarPax is STILL trying to sell him as the future.

Again, the fact that we traded two better players AND a pick for him is indicative of just how incompetent GarPax are, I seriously don't understand why ownership and some portions of the fanbase think they could possibly do a decent job in this rebuilding process with their track record.

Gar Forman in his public address
We understand that it’s always hard when you have had a level of success, and then you’ve got to take a step back and go in a new direction as far as a rebuild is concerned.

Success? What success? You mean the 5 year winning run that Tom Thibodeau had us on before you fired his ass? The success that he created by developing Rose into a MVP, Noah into a DPOY and MVP candidate, Gibson into a do it all PF, and Butler into an All-NBA player? The success that he got despite you giving him Keith Bogans and washed up Richard Hamilton as Roses' backcourt mate?

Yeah, thought so. Who does he think he's fooling? This isn't taking a step back after "success", it's them fucking up the "success" every step of the way and now it's beyond reproach so they are doing anything to hold onto their undeserved jobs.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby air gordon on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:39 am

I'm trying to give cp22 a chance here. So far he hasn't shown much. Still figuring out what garpax saw in him

He definitely makes himself an easy target. The payne puns are endless
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:25 am

Nice butler article from our friends at sb nation
https://www.blogabull.com/2017/7/17/158 ... -marquette

Looked up that Houston bulls game. Rose, butler, Noah, and gasol were all playing and contributing. Good times

Joe Cowley speculating Payne may be cut. Now that would be a lot shit pie to eat for garpax if It happens. Haislip was given a contract so maybe there's some legs to the story
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:41 am

Excellent tribute to Butler's Bulls career there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:39 pm

Like the nwaba pickup. Even if he may not amount to anything he is young, athletic, good motor.

Plus he can't shoot so he fits right in with the rest of the backcourt ;)
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:04 pm

Definitely. At this point, it's all about picking up young players with potential and athleticism, and seeing who's good enough to invest in long-term. Even if the team stinks, they end up with a lottery pick, which aids in the rebuilding cause. Worth seeing what players like him can being to the table.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:49 pm

The Bulls are looking like a 15-20 win team. Well, free Wade Garpax.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:39 am

It's coming

https://out.reddit.com/t3_6o5j4f?url=ht ... ame=mweb2x

I hope 15-20 wins is enough for worst or 2nd worst. A lot of competitive tanking this year if that makes any sense lol

They'll be on full tank mode once Wade gets his buyout. Could be a challenge to get 90pts once that happens
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Sauru on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:35 am

NovU wrote:The Bulls are looking like a 15-20 win team. Well, free Wade Garpax.

it was wades choice to stay so we dont need to feel bad for the guy
Sauru

Postby Stress Fracture on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:45 am

benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:35 am

Nice design. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:43 am

Sauru wrote:
NovU wrote:The Bulls are looking like a 15-20 win team. Well, free Wade Garpax.

it was wades choice to stay so we dont need to feel bad for the guy

I don't.

It's probably a matter of time, he'll either be traded or bought out. It'd be very nice to see him playing meaningful minutes next season. My wish is for the Warriors, lol.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:57 am

Wade leaving is inevitable IMO

Dallas can match but thoughts on offering a contract to Noel?! Some risk involved for sure but if he does start to realize his potential/stay healthy and to have him locked on a multi year contract would be just dandy

Add him to the core, dump Lopez, renounce Niko, and no more pressure to develop Portis.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:51 pm

We're talking about the Cheap Charlie that is Jerry Reinsdorf here. Wade will not be bought out... I have no idea how good offensively Noel is but I love to have a quick, versatile defender like him on the team. Speaking of Noel, Jahlil Okafor would like to be with the Bulls if he will be traded. I don't know who else on the roster can attract the Sixers though. If the Sixers are willing to take on Lopez' contract and such trade should come into fruition, Richaun Holmes is a must in the package.

Thoughts on this?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2722 ... to-chicago
As the Chicago Bulls prepare for a rebuilding phase starting with the 2017-18 season, free agent Derrick Rose could make a return to the team.

Per USA Today's Sam Amick, Rose's agent has had discussions with the Bulls about a potential reunion with the former NBA MVP.

If the Cavs rumors are true, he's contented to just sign even for the minimum. No one wants to deal with his asking price it seems.
Moz

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:20 pm

I'm guessing the talks weren't very serious, and that he's more likely to go to Cleveland. I still wish him well, but it's no surprise that he doesn't have any leverage in terms of his asking price.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:40 pm

I hate Colangelo but I doubt he's stupid to allow himself to be bamboozled by GarPax.
Most likely scenario of Okafor being traded to the Bulls involves a three-team trade or the Bulls giving up 1st round picks.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball