17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions | FIRST VERSION UPDATED JULY 10

Postby dangerzone1 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:02 am

simmed a season in myleague and almost every player has vastly lower stats than they did in real life
dangerzone1

Re: NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions | FIRST VERSION UPDATED JULY 10

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:09 am

dangerzone1 wrote:simmed a season in myleague and almost every player has vastly lower stats than they did in real life

Several things...did you use all of the recommended settings and sliders? Did you have any settings on in MyLeague to affect stats (ex. "normalize simmed minutes")?

While this may not solve it, you have to remember its a video game. You could run it 100 times and they'll all be different. Maybe your one sim didn't perfectly capture the 2017 NBA season but on a game to game basis, it certainly should.
bluejaybrandon

Re: NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions | FIRST VERSION RELEASED

Postby zetsuboushta on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:37 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:We didn't use the default roster as a base, we used some roster from 2K share because I started making my edits on it and I didn't want to get back to do those again.

It's Han Roster, isn't it?
Just a suggestion, it would be really great to think about classic teams because some of them are unique. So, if you can do this without problems with face assigning, it would be cool to see teams like NOP and Orlando 2009'. Anyway, it's your decision, and i don't dare to insist on this.
zetsuboushta

Postby luckyninjapickle on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:45 am

with hype around the 17-18 roster will all rookies or most have a cyber face? and when will it be released?
luckyninjapickle

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:55 am

Kumode wrote:
Kumode wrote:I have a question regarding MyLeague & roster compatibility. Do I have to keep other 29 times on manual line-up so I don't lose the rotations? How do you guys handle the MyLeague aspect? I guess it's optimal to keep 30 team control, but which are the things I should and shouldn't auto?

This is still an actual question for me. Does putting line-up management to auto destroy the custom rotations you made and how to avoid it?

That would be the best option guys, to control and edit the rotations for the other CPU teams. The CPU tends to modify rotations after every little trade or injury, or even if a guy is on a hot streak, you can't stop that. It would be a pain in the ass to redo the rotations for the whole league after every single day. I recommend you do it just for the team you will be going against. That is for actual gameplay ofcourse. Schnaidt's method is only relevant for actual played games from the 1st to the 4th quarter in most cases ( or simcast games, but I recommend you jump in in at halftime, worst case, no later than that). If you are going to sim a game or altogether or jump in after a simcast in the final minutes of the game, don't bother about the rotation method, it won't make a difference.

luckyninjapickle wrote:with hype around the 17-18 roster will all rookies or most have a cyber face? and when will it be released?

Two weeks from now. Just an estimation, nothing official
Last edited by I Hate Mondays on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Hate Mondays

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:57 am

luckyninjapickle wrote:with hype around the 17-18 roster will all rookies or most have a cyber face? and when will it be released?

Only the rookies with a cyberface you'll find by TGsoGood or R4zoR will be in the roster because those are the modders I worked with on the draft class.

Cyberfaces for:

-Markelle Fultz
-Lonzo Ball
-Jayson Tatum
-Josh Jackson
-DeAaron Fox
-Jonathan Isaac
-Frank Ntilikina
-Malik Monk
-Justin Patton
-Monte Morris
bluejaybrandon

Postby Wzvd on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:15 am

Finally had time to play a full game. Just did random teams, ended up being the Pistons and went against Golden State. Kept it close most of the game but they beat us out in the final two minutes.

Here's the box scores if you're interested in seeing some stat lines and things. KD couldn't get much going but Steph lit us up. KCP had a lot of open looks but couldn't convert as well as he needed to.

Tobias Harris was great though, got a couple mismatches against Curry and posted him up. He was spot on from 3 too. Went kind of cold in the second half though.

Had a blast playing, thanks for everything.

Wzvd

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:26 am

Glad you liked our stuff man! Nice boxscores, keep them comming whenever you have the chance. Really love those!
I Hate Mondays

Postby ITA-Ale10 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:37 am

I don't understand last post. If I use this roster I can't use Classic Team? However thank you for your work, I've just download all from first post! :)
ITA-Ale10

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:43 am

ITA-Ale10 wrote:I don't understand last post. If I use this roster I can't use Classic Team? However thank you for your work, I've just download all from first post! :)

You can use them but they will be glitched and bugged, also not accurate. There are other retro rosters for classic teams if you want to play a game of that type. This roster was edited only for the 30 NBA teams.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Wzvd on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:49 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:Glad you liked our stuff man! Nice boxscores, keep them comming whenever you have the chance. Really love those!

For sure. I'm going to play a couple more games tonight, if I have anything interesting I'll post some more.
Wzvd

Postby ITA-Ale10 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:01 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:
ITA-Ale10 wrote:I don't understand last post. If I use this roster I can't use Classic Team? However thank you for your work, I've just download all from first post! :)

You can use them but they will be glitched and bugged, also not accurate. There are other retro rosters for classic teams if you want to play a game of that type. This roster was edited only for the 30 NBA teams.

Ok! Thank you!! :)
ITA-Ale10

Re: NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions | FIRST VERSION RELEASED

Postby d4m13n on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:14 am

First of all thanks for all the work you've all done for this roster.

The last two posts regarding the 17-18 version of the roster got me a bit confused since I and I'm guessing the majority of the people interested in this project are waiting for the 17-18 version to start a myleague.

rovert22044 wrote:A little update for all of you waiting for the 2017-2018 version of the roster. I've been editing for the last few hours and I've got transactions 100% done, as well as some jersey number updates. Tomorrow I'm hammering out contracts and full jersey number edits, then we're importing missing players and draft prospects. This should be out very, very soon!

I Hate Mondays wrote:

Two weeks from now. Just an estimation, nothing official

Which one is more close to reality? The first quote makes it seem it's only a few days, two weeks seems a bit excessive when the transactions are all done already.
d4m13n

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:23 am

Patience my friend. We are not sure, like the first time we don't want to commit and then disappoint people. Trust us we are doing all we can to get this out asap. It will take us one week at least so take that as a partial answer.
I Hate Mondays

Postby rovert22044 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:42 am

AllenIVersonXXKawhiLeonard wrote:Jonathan Simmons D+ defender is not okay.

Simmons is a C- perimeter defender and a C post defender in the roster I have. Not sure what you're seeing.
rovert22044

Postby zetsuboushta on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:21 am

Maybe it's me, but this sliders are easy. I finished about 160-120 Rockets vs Spurs with total domination. Dunno, maybe i'm doing smth wrong.
zetsuboushta

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:38 am

zetsuboushta wrote:Maybe it's me, but this sliders are easy. I finished about 160-120 Rockets vs Spurs with total domination. Dunno, maybe i'm doing smth wrong.

If you got to 160, you are doing something wrong. Even if they are notorious for their 7 second offense, Rockets do run plays 40% of the time. My guess is that you played it too arcade. The sliders are not super difficult, but they shouldn't allow you to have scores like that.
I Hate Mondays

Postby holanda12 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:37 am

First, wonderful work .. the overall seems real to me, potential and everything.

I simulated the first season and noticed that the Cavaliers and Celtics were not in the playoffs, both had a 36-46 campaign, and none of the top players missed the season because of injury.

Did this happen in your simulation?

Again, congratulations on the work!
holanda12

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:42 am

holanda12 wrote:First, wonderful work .. the overall seems real to me, potential and everything.

I simulated the first season and noticed that the Cavaliers and Celtics were not in the playoffs, both had a 36-46 campaign, and none of the top players missed the season because of injury.

Did this happen in your simulation?

Again, congratulations on the work!

Thanks for the kinds words! Did you use all of our settings from the first post? If you do it again, does it happen again?
I Hate Mondays

Postby holanda12 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:18 pm

I Hate Mondays wrote:
Thanks for the kinds words! Did you use all of our settings from the first post? If you do it again, does it happen again?

Yes, I'm using Roster, Sliders and MyLeague Settings and every time I simulated it, I found it strange and I think it just happened to me
holanda12

Postby luckyninjapickle on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:21 pm

will all rookies be in the game but only certain have a cyberface?
luckyninjapickle

Postby ksmiz on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:40 pm

I Hate Mondays wrote:This roster was edited only for the 30 NBA teams.

If you want you could hide the other teams by changing the 04 and 30 hex to 58 (or a couple other options like 44) in CE
ksmiz

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:28 pm

luckyninjapickle wrote:will all rookies be in the game but only certain have a cyberface?

Only the rookies with a cyberface you'll find by TGsoGood or R4zoR will be in the roster because those are the modders I worked with on the draft class.

Cyberfaces for:

-Markelle Fultz
-Lonzo Ball
-Jayson Tatum
-Josh Jackson
-DeAaron Fox
-Jonathan Isaac
-Frank Ntilikina
-Malik Monk
-Justin Patton
-Monte Morris

Other Rookies will be there but they will have an in-game created face unless a cyberface is made for them
bluejaybrandon

Postby Oldschoolgamer on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:17 pm

rovert22044 wrote:
AllenIVersonXXKawhiLeonard wrote:Jonathan Simmons D+ defender is not okay.

Simmons is a C- perimeter defender and a C post defender in the roster I have. Not sure what you're seeing.

It may be due to morale and team chemistry effects.
Oldschoolgamer

Postby keeks on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:09 pm

Why is Kevin Durant chubby?
keeks

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding