17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions | FIRST VERSION RELEASED

Postby tomortlieb on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:55 pm

This is the best mod ever - thank you so much.
tomortlieb

Postby Cinnameyn10 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:02 pm

Will we be able to have both versions installed at the same time?
Cinnameyn10

Postby StormsWarning on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:44 pm

thank you for the hard work, i played a game with all your recommended settings, cle@warriors, we pulled the win out 107-102, over all game play felt really great, i had to play to my tendencies with bron in the paint to pull this win out. as mentioned in the intro of this thread, it does in fact play as stated, simply put with the formulas you guys have came up with, i will just play this ans skip 2k18 its that good...appreciate the efforts, looking forward to updates. (Y)
Favorite Teams

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Cavaliers

Live Video Game Streamiing https://beam.pro/Stormz_Warning
StormsWarning

Postby Kumode on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:50 pm

Hopefully no speeding cameras on my way home from work today. :x Looks great and I love the fact that you can use Real FG%.

Has anyone tested Limono + 16/17 NLSC + Start Today? Everything works fine?
Kumode

Postby Syncinatti on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:24 pm

Congrats on the release of your awesome mod.
I think I may have found an issue... I noticed that certain "new" retro players had incorrect cyberfaces (ie 10-11 Bulls Rose and 08-09 Kobe) and those teams had incorrect jerseys also. At first I thought I had a conflict in my modded folder so I only put your files in the modded folder (minus the optional cfs you provided) and the problem still was there. Now my question is did you guys work on those "new" retro teams also? Or did you use another roster as a base? If so, which roster was it so that if I included that rosters files in my modded folder it might solve the problem?
Syncinatti

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:42 pm

Syncinatti wrote:Congrats on the release of your awesome mod.
I think I may have found an issue... I noticed that certain "new" retro players had incorrect cyberfaces (ie 10-11 Bulls Rose and 08-09 Kobe) and those teams had incorrect jerseys also...

Last Comment on page 4 of this thread, I addressed this. I'm pretty sure those teams are from Dee4threes retro mod ( I could be wrong) but he is the only person I know that created accurate *new* retro teams. They might have forgotten to use the default roster when they first started building this one.

Dee4three has a download pack for his ultimate classic teams roster which will likely address your issue.
link to his roster - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102424

The Guys will definitely need to address this in the first post because others will have the same question.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rovert22044 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:42 pm

A little update for all of you waiting for the 2017-2018 version of the roster. I've been editing for the last few hours and I've got transactions 100% done, as well as some jersey number updates. Tomorrow I'm hammering out contracts and full jersey number edits, then we're importing missing players and draft prospects. This should be out very, very soon!
rovert22044

Postby luckyninjapickle on Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:12 pm

I would love and many laker fans appreciate a David Nwaba cyberface, he is one of the best defensive and young players on the lakers rn along with the rooks and nance, randle, and clarkson. Thanks!!! ur roster is awesome!!!!
luckyninjapickle

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:51 pm

First of all, thanks for all the kind words guys. Your support keeps us going for the 17/18 Roster!

Craigular Joe wrote:Having trouble using the roster with Limono + Start Today process - is it possible for someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong? I loaded the game with the tool in the background; pressed F1 - heard the high click; downloaded NLCS and pressed F3 - high click again; and tried to Start Today but it said it wouldn't load. Thoughts?

First of all, download our roster and save it. You need to have our roster saved.
Second of all (what could be another factor), for some reason, if you get the method wrong the first time, "Start Today" stops working no matter what you do. To solve that, you must restart the game.
So save our game and make it work the first time if you want to be sure it's working (Y)

TGsoGood wrote:
popstar_rengar wrote:I tried using the 2007-08 lakers and the jersey and cyberfaces are wrong. Kobe is some white dude and they are using a European team's jersey.

You have to download D43's mod pack I believe. I could be wrong.

He guys maybe you could lower Galanari's intagibles or incr increase Demarcus Cousins Intinagibles. Both rated at 85, I'm sure you will hear some complaints about that.
I personally don't care as I will only be using this for play now until the 17/18 roster drops.

You guessed it right a few comments before. We didn't use the default roster as a base, we used some roster from 2K share because I started making my edits on it and I didn't want to get back to do those again. At that stage of the project, I wasn't even sure we we'll get this done so we went ahead with it. I will state in the first post that we haven't touched any retro teams and this mod is purely for the current teams. Right now, there is nothing found in the base roster that we have. We've changed everything for the 30 NBA teams. Another factor could be that when assigning new faces ID for the rookies and recent signings, we never checked the retro teams to see if you messed up anything there. We actually didn't care because our target was the current era, lol.

I will jump in my game and decrease Gallinari, he is rated too high, you are right. Thanks for letting me know, I really like these kind of observations and we'll be improving our rosters constantly. I can't do anything about Demarcus though, I guess his intangibles are in his high 90s already. We used some formulas and never looked back, the numbers added up together at the end of our editing, we haven't estimated/underestimated anybody and the ratings coudl've resulted in anything. I even had a formula for the intangibles rating using minutes/game (because that's what this blank rating does afterall, it gives better/worse overalls, therefore it gives a player more/less minutes in franchise modes). So my guess is that Gallinari actually had a better last season for his team than Demarcus Cousins after the Pelicans trade. But 85 is too high for DG, you are right.

Cinnameyn10 wrote:Will we be able to have both versions installed at the same time?

Yup. You will have both versions installed anyways, because the 17/18 is like a DLC pack for the 16/17, lol. You'll just have to switch rosters in game

luckyninjapickle wrote:I would love and many laker fans appreciate a David Nwaba cyberface, he is one of the best defensive and young players on the lakers rn along with the rooks and nance, randle, and clarkson. Thanks!!! ur roster is awesome!!!!

We are not face modders. We are just collecting the best rookie faces around the forums and share it with you guys if it's worth your time (aka it looks decent and it isn't a 2K13 conversion, lol). If a good Nwaba face will show up, we'll be sure to post it here.
I Hate Mondays

Re: NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions | FIRST VERSION UPDATED JULY 10

Postby adrian11robben on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:49 pm

The game crashes on start today when i do the staff singnings
adrian11robben

Re: NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions | FIRST VERSION UPDATED JULY 10

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:55 pm

adrian11robben wrote:The game crashes on start today when i do the staff singnings

Have you tried verifying the game cache? Sometimes if you have reoccurring crashes that's the solution vs in-game adjustments.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Philmatic on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:00 pm

Awesome mod, its clear how much work you've put in and I'd like to congratulate everyone involved in putting this together.

I do though my game keeps crashing after I try to sign staff when I use the modifier to use Start Today
Philmatic

Postby AllenIVersonXXKawhiLeonard on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:04 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
adrian11robben wrote:The game crashes on start today when i do the staff singnings

Have you tried verifying the game cache? Sometimes if you have reoccurring crashes that's the solution vs in-game adjustments.

I'm playing with the roster and your draft and not crashing.
Last edited by AllenIVersonXXKawhiLeonard on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AllenIVersonXXKawhiLeonard

Postby Chazza on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:12 pm

Hey just have a question about how the defensive ratings are done? Looking at the Wolves, Zach Lavine has a better on ball defense rating than Ricky Rubio, which doesn't make sense to me. How is this worked out? Great roster btw, gameplay is awesome.
Chazza

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:09 pm

For those of you having crash problems after the staff signing which teams did you use? I tried to see what it happens using 4 different teams right now and my game did not crash. Try emptying your "Modded" folder and placing just the files we have in our thread to see if you guys still have the problem. If it doesn't happen after doing so, it means you have another file that is in conflict with the Franchise modes in general rather than our Roster. I can't think of what could be the reason, I really never had a CTD in 2K17 this year.

Chazza wrote:Hey just have a question about how the defensive ratings are done? Looking at the Wolves, Zach Lavine has a better on ball defense rating than Ricky Rubio, which doesn't make sense to me. How is this worked out? Great roster btw, gameplay is awesome.

Thanks for the support man, it means a lot! The on ball D had the defensive effectiveness during isolation plays as its main rating factor so my guess is that Lavine scored higher in that category than Rubio.
I am not trying to defend our thinking, thanks for sharing your opinion on this matter. We are always trying to improve our work and listen to new ideas, but I watch a lot of bball and I don't see Rubio being a great on ball defender. Sure, he steals the ball a lot. He is top 10 in the league doing so. But stealing the ball is 10 % on ball D and 90 % deflection and game reading. I see Rubio getting blown by pretty easily, his strength is average to low and in today's NBA you need strength to defend players at every position. Those guys are hitting the gym every day and they are forces that can barely be stopped if you are a skinny average player. Zach Lavine is a muscular SG playing the PG position a lot, so his matchups are in his favor most of the times. If you have any legit argument why Rubio should be rated higher than Lavine for On Ball defense (this category only), let us know and we'll recheck things, maybe redo the category.

As a general rule for everybody, numbers are not everything in our roster. There are many details that make a 73 Overall better than an 79 Overall. If the 73 is a solid 3PT shooter and a great defender knowing his 3 and D role, but the 79 rated player doesn't have an identity, a role, a signature playing style, being average in every category, who would you rather have? I'd definetely have the 73 OVR any day of the week. Role players are always better for a team's chemistry in comparison to an average all-arounder.
The same stuff can be said about different attributes. Maybe a great defender has an average on ball D even though you are aware of his defensive capabilities. Maybe his attribute rating looks low. Buuut if you combine his on Ball D with his defensive consistency, defensive IQ rating and other important defensive categories, the result might be that he is actually one of the best defenders in the game when summing up everything. Every attribute category is strongly connected to another, the Boxout Rating for example doesn't mean a thing if the strength rating is low for example.
Also, the badges have an enormous role. Sometimes, a Gold Badge in a specific category values about 20 attribute points.
So guys, watch the big picture, not just the little tree in the corner of the landscape. (Y)
I Hate Mondays

Postby LittleBigDen on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:52 am

Why is Steph Curry better overall defender than Klay Thompson? And why do Warriors have lost of players rated 99 in help defense?
LittleBigDen

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:57 am

LittleBigDen wrote:Why is Steph Curry better overall defender than Klay Thompson? And why do Warriors have lost of players rated 99 in help defense?

While I can't answer the specific questions regarding curry (again the stats back up the majority of choices) the question about help defense boils down to the Warriors as a team. They are collectively one of the most cohesive defensive units in the NBA with a system built on heavy switching. Durant can guard 2-4, Klay can guard 1-3, Draymond can guard 3-5, Iggy can guard 1-3, etc. This tends to lead to higher help defense.

Edit: My assumption for Curry v. Klay is that according to the stats, Klay tends to guard the better offensive player (ex. Kyrie in the finals) while they hide Curry on the weaker offensive options. This means the opponents put up better stats on Klay because they're better players and skew his defensive rating. We can certainly take a look at it but this is just my guess.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Kumode on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:28 am

I have a question regarding MyLeague & roster compatibility. Do I have to keep other 29 times on manual line-up so I don't lose the rotations? How do you guys handle the MyLeague aspect? I guess it's optimal to keep 30 team control, but which are the things I should and shouldn't auto?

Other that that, from what I have seen with the full experience (all files downloaded) this is one of the best things to happen to PC modding in 2k. Thanks boys.

E: Just played a few quarters of Play Now. 1st game Warriors vs Wizards (CPU), Beal was /sort of/ reckless chucking some shots up, something that can be seen from him. Wall burned be speed-wise on some fast breaks, but overall I dominated the game both offensively and defensively. 2nd game Spurs vs Rockets (CPU). Rockets did seem to be running a 7 second to score type of basketball. Whenever they were sort of open, they were just letting it rip. Great games so far and I can't wait to start the MyLeague.
Kumode

Postby AllenIVersonXXKawhiLeonard on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:37 am

Jonathan Simmons D+ defender is not okay.
AllenIVersonXXKawhiLeonard

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:58 am

AllenIVersonXXKawhiLeonard wrote:Jonathan Simmons D+ defender is not okay.

Jonathan Simmons only showed his potential at the end of the season. You're basing your judgement off of a handful of games while the reality is he paid to try out for a D-League team only a couple years ago.

For example, Basketball Reference has Simmons with a 0.9 Defensive Plus/Minus. The Defensive Player of the Year Draymond Green had a 5.0. Simmons certainly has potential but he is far from a top tier defender.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Syncinatti on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:30 am

TGsoGood wrote:
Syncinatti wrote:Congrats on the release of your awesome mod.
I think I may have found an issue... I noticed that certain "new" retro players had incorrect cyberfaces (ie 10-11 Bulls Rose and 08-09 Kobe) and those teams had incorrect jerseys also...

Last Comment on page 4 of this thread, I addressed this. I'm pretty sure those teams are from Dee4threes retro mod ( I could be wrong) but he is the only person I know that created accurate *new* retro teams. They might have forgotten to use the default roster when they first started building this one.

Dee4three has a download pack for his ultimate classic teams roster which will likely address your issue.
link to his roster - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102424

The Guys will definitely need to address this in the first post because others will have the same question.

I dont think its D43 roster at all. I think it's the Viper/Dest roster because of the Rookie All Star teams... And unfortunately I can't download those files off the Chinese site. My work around for downloading isn't even working...
Syncinatti

Postby Cinnameyn10 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:36 am

It seems everyone has lower numbers than they did in real life in myleague
Cinnameyn10

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:58 am

Cinnameyn10 wrote:It seems everyone has lower numbers than they did in real life in myleague

They are supposed to. Read the front page for more information. This is not a generic 2k roster.
bluejaybrandon

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:01 am

Syncinatti wrote:I dont think its D43 roster at all. I think it's the Viper/Dest roster because of the Rookie All Star teams... And unfortunately I can't download those files off the Chinese site. My work around for downloading isn't even working...

This is correct. Its based off the Dest Roster. This was never intended to be used as a retro roster in any way. This is strictly for use with current NBA teams. There are many superior classic NBA options and the classic teams portion of the roster was and never will be touched for this roster.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Kumode on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:01 am

Kumode wrote:I have a question regarding MyLeague & roster compatibility. Do I have to keep other 29 times on manual line-up so I don't lose the rotations? How do you guys handle the MyLeague aspect? I guess it's optimal to keep 30 team control, but which are the things I should and shouldn't auto?

This is still an actual question for me. Does putting line-up management to auto destroy the custom rotations you made and how to avoid it?
Kumode

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding