Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby Bruce on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:18 pm

I think with Crawford it all fits. High character veteran player. Willing and able to sign short term for cheap. Albeit diminished, still has an outside shot. Can also probably transition to a sideline position a year or so after which probably helps the Lakers with the boat load of young players they have taken in.
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby Jackal on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:13 pm

Why would you want him in a sideline position? Just because he's old? :lol:

I'm glad he seems open to going to the Cavs now. He's a chucker at this stage and if the Lakers needed that they could've just kept Lou Will.
Jackal

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:13 am

So, who's excited to watch some summer league Laker basketball?! I sure as heck am, can't wait to see Ingram/Ball and how they play.

Only sucky thing is the game is at 2.30 am over here. :doh:
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:05 am

Hyped for tonight's game. I'll be able to catch it after work. Can't wait to see lonzo ball prove that he's the real deal. I can see him being incredibly unselfish and setting everyone else up.

Also, Luke Nelson will be playing on the other side, who played at my alma mater. He's an undrafted senior so hopefully he does well enough to make the team. Clippers could use some good guard play after dumping cp3 and crawford
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:29 am

Sources: If Caldwell-Pope's willing to do a one-year balloon deal, the Los Angeles Lakers have significant interest in pursuing him.

I wouldn't mind this.
Jackal

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:47 am

Few minutes in to the game and Brandon Ingram with a few nice plays already. Lonzo to Brandon on the first play of the game; man I hope to see a lot of that in the coming years.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:47 am

This passing is contagious. The ball would be sticking to Russell's hand at this moment
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:05 am

That's getting a bit carried away. Russ did a good job of running the offense. He was asked to bring up the ball then pass it to a wing then cut. It's the movement offense of Walton and I felt at times he should've been given more of a chance to do his thing. Anyways, that's done with and I'm intrigued about what he'll do in Brooklyn. Hopefully he's good, just not too good.

In other news: Lonzo might be the face of the franchise now but I'm all-in on Ingram from here on out and I'm sure Ball will follow if he keeps being as unselfish as he's been touted to be.
Jackal

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:11 am

Ingram is noticeably broader in the shoulders compared to last year too. To me he seems to have grown as well, he just seems longer some how. Maybe it's because he's standing next to short summer league guys and not against the legit NBA players so that could be misleading. The shoulder broadness is legit though.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:13 am

This Bryant kid is pretty active. I likening so far. He should've worn #88 lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:19 am

Dude started the game off with a three and hit it too. Should've yelled Kobe while taking that one. :lol:

Did you catch Ingram shouting at Zubac at the 5.25 mark for letting his man score on him? Really hope Brandon becomes the defensive leader on this team. He's really doing some impressive shit so far.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:27 am

Yeah he looks much more comfortable than anyone else out there. He's still getting bumped,but he's finishing through contact now which is nice
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:36 am

The Wear kid plays with heart too, he's trying hard on defense and I can always appreciate that.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:39 am

Wear was pretty decent with the Knicks. Could be a good player to bring off the bench to hit open 3s
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:44 am

Lavar saying all the right things right now.

Basically he's going to focus his energies on his other two sons and Magic is left to mentor Lonzo from here on out. "It's not about Lonzo now, it's about the Lakers!"

Edit 1: Okay seriously, the fuck is Kendall Marshall doing in the summer league? Isn't he old as shit? :lol:

Edit 2: Bryant thoroughly outplayed Zubac, I'm glad he's getting more minutes since he's done nothing but good things as opposed to Zu. Ball & Ingram driving to the paint and dishing it off once the defense collapses should be fun to watch once the pass receiver becomes Randle/Lopez. Bryant had a couple of fumbles.

Edit 3: One thing I've noticed about Ball is that he often leaves his feet to make a pass. I hope he doesn't do that too much during the season, that's going to result in a lot of turnovers.

Edit 4: Johnson and Thornwell both played really well for the Clippers, solid game for both of them.

Edit 5: Ingram with the nasty crossover to tie it up.
Last edited by Jackal on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:47 pm

2-12, 1-9 from 3. 5/3 A/TO ratio? guy is a bum you might want to trade him for a guy like russell
Sauru

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Boom! Another defensive stop by Ingram!

Edit: Oh fuck no.
Last edited by Jackal on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Ingram FTW
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Lol Magic ends his night. Luckily just a cramp
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Stress Fracture on Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:55 pm

Sauru wrote:2-12, 1-9 from 3. 5/3 A/TO ratio? guy is a bum you might want to trade him for a guy like russell

Facebook fans are trashing Lonzo because of this. I can't stand it
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby NovU on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Not only that, people are now making claims like Fultz could easily average 20 pts as a rookie, Tatum and Fox are superstars. Then Lakers are fucked. Lonzo's a bust. This summer league's something. Whole lot of attention. :lol:

Nothing has begun yet tho.
phpBB [video]

Tatum vs Lonzo for tonight. Too bad I can't catch the game.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:36 pm

Hats off to you guys. Netball for game 1 of summer league (Y)
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Sauru on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:29 am

i do love how summer league makes people think the most extreme things. 1 bad game? horrible bust. 1 good game? instantly ROTY. however tatum has looked the best imo but that was pretty much given. i mean literally everyone claimed he was the most nba ready. none of this speaks to the long term as of yet of course
Sauru

Postby big-shot-ROB on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:34 am

Sauru wrote:i do love how summer league makes people think the most extreme things. 1 bad game? horrible bust. 1 good game? instantly ROTY. however tatum has looked the best imo but that was pretty much given. i mean literally everyone claimed he was the most nba ready. none of this speaks to the long term as of yet of course

Every highlight video's comments on Youtube is either Bust/Future All-Star. My reaction: :applaud:
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Jackal on Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:58 am

air gordon wrote:Hats off to you guys. Netball for game 1 of summer league (Y)

How are you still surprised about this! We went through this same cycle last year.

I do love how summer league makes people think the most extreme things. 1 bad game? horrible bust. 1 good game? instantly ROTY.

I go back and fourth between wondering if Facebook fans or Reddit fans are more stupid. I always go back to the Facebook fans being more stupid because it's usually grown ass people. I like to think Reddit fans are 13-15 at the max so yeah, FB fans win on the stupid scale.

As for Lonzo, kid will be fine. Here's an interesting read by Lakers Film Room (amazing insights by the way) which pretty much covered the fact Lonzo might not do too well. Mind you Mudiay was tearing up summer league and Russell was nonexistent.

Lakers Film Room wrote:Ball’s game is so predicated on having synergy with his teammates while being the most savvy player on the court that I expect him to struggle a bit, particularly in half court situations. The PGs who tend to thrive in Summer League are those with athletic advantages and the ability to drive to the basket against largely disorganized defenses. Kris Dunn was a future all-star at this time last year, as was Emmanuel Mudiay two years ago, and as such I expect guys like De’Aaron Fox and Dennis Smith, Jr. to look better in Summer League than Ball does.

Source.

Summer league is a lot of 1 on 1 situations. It's why Ingram was able to blow by his guys and was able to drop 26. The Lakers play in a system, Lonzo will be fine running said system. Hopefully he'll shoot better but I'm glad he didn't stop shooting.

Anyone calling anyone a bust after one summer league game is just...yeah.
Jackal

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball