Boston Celtics Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Boston Celtics Thread

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:25 pm

LOVE IT DAMMIT
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:37 am

I hope we throw Tatum into the mix early, he will learn by being on the floor. I'm tired of seeing many rookies getting DNP's, or not getting the time they should to develop in real game time.

His game is so fun to watch, he is an above average ball handler at 6'8" as well.

I trust Danny.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby big-shot-ROB on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:21 pm

I think we are all sleeping on Semi...
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby air gordon on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:17 am

JaoSming wrote:LOVE IT DAMMIT

So now that the Celtics are stocked up on sf/pf positon should they still go after Hayward/Griffin? I like the semi pick
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:14 am

One player worth keeping an eye on, two league executives told The Vertical: Memphis’ Marc Gasol. The Grizzlies lost Zach Randolph, Tony Allen could be next out the door, and if you were filling out your Western Conference playoff bracket today, Memphis probably wouldn’t be in it. Would the Grizz move the 32-year-old Gasol for a ready-made rebuilding package of players and picks? Would Boston – which has to be wary of putting together a team that would beat Cleveland but still get pulverized by Golden State – be interested? Again, worth watching.

Source.

Just "something to watch" for now...but that would be a sweet get for the Celtics.

I've read Smart is being shopped as it is. Losing Crowder would suck for their small-ball line up but Bradley would hurt the most. Would you guys rather lose Bradley or one of the young, recently drafted forwards?

Also, fuck the Celtics.
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:20 am

pretty sure bradley is gone anyway next season and we aint winning it all this year so i would trade bradley and keep the young guys. then again i am still of the mind set to trade thomas instead of paying him so what do i know
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:13 am

Celtics should be wary about giving up the picks, though. Gasol's still a fine player, but he is 32, so it remains to be seen how long he'll remain at that level. He also has a strange pattern of alternating seasons of being healthy and injured; he's due to miss a significant amount of games this season, if that trend continues.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:35 am

Jackal wrote:I've read Smart is being shopped as it is. Losing Crowder would suck for their small-ball line up but Bradley would hurt the most. Would you guys rather lose Bradley or one of the young, recently drafted forwards?

Neither Smart or Bradley are game changers with high peak. I think having to overpay potential game changers like Isaiah and Hayward is better than paying a lot of slightly above average players. Higher risk higher payout.

More than Smart and Bradley, losing Jae Crowder will be big imo.

LeBron will be 33 next season. He is declining, so are the cavs. Compete now with stars entering prime or in prime.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Sauru on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Andrew wrote:Celtics should be wary about giving up the picks, though. Gasol's still a fine player, but he is 32, so it remains to be seen how long he'll remain at that level. He also has a strange pattern of alternating seasons of being healthy and injured; he's due to miss a significant amount of games this season, if that trend continues.

i continue to say i do not want to see the celtics trade away their top picks. if they give away the brooklyn pick i will be beyond disappointed. i do not want to see them drop the LAL/SAK pick either. at this point i say trade the players. there is no point in us having 78 forwards anyway. i personally prefer to keep tatum also
Sauru

Postby air gordon on Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:05 am

NovU wrote:
Jackal wrote:I've read Smart is being shopped as it is. Losing Crowder would suck for their small-ball line up but Bradley would hurt the most. Would you guys rather lose Bradley or one of the young, recently drafted forwards?

Neither Smart or Bradley are game changers with high peak. I think having to overpay potential game changers like Isaiah and Hayward is better than paying a lot of slightly above average players. Higher risk higher payout.

More than Smart and Bradley, losing Jae Crowder will be bige.

As long as IT is on the team, one of smart or Bradley has to be on the team. Bradley's defense was key in the playoffs

Too bad Bradley can't create and smart can't hit an outside shot. I would bet on smart finding his outside shot over Bradley dribbling

I think crowder's value is slightly inflated cuz Horford stinks on defense and he's on that value contract. If Tatum is the real deal, crowder is expendable
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:58 am

I think Crowder's value in offense cannot be ignored. He pretty much equals Avery Braley's production in much less usage. I'd rather replace Avery with Hayward than Crowder. They also get bigger that way.

Tatum being an ISO guy, I think he'll be very inefficient especially for the first year. I can imaging him being a fan favorite though.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:29 am

Fair point. I think Bradley makes a bigger impact on defense. You can put Bradley on elite pg or sg's. It was him, not crowder, that limited Butler. He took on wall while crowder... guarded no shot creating porter. And crowder was owned by James

Also brown is a potential crowder replacement

Hayward is nice. Imagine a backcourt of him and IT with Horford protecting the lane. The offense would be great though
Jump.
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:21 am

Not sure why they seemingly value crowder so much with Gordon, brown, and Tatum now. I didn't really watch any Boston games, but I don't really remember him being much help on the offensive end either
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:51 pm

[Q] wrote:Not sure why they seemingly value crowder so much with Gordon, brown, and Tatum now. I didn't really watch any Boston games, but I don't really remember him being much help on the offensive end either

boston has a habit of over valuing role players. once upon a time walter mccarty was a god in boston. this is usually seen as annoying by fans from other cities but its also why players love playing in boston
Sauru

Postby NovU on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:46 pm

Crowder's contract is friendly and is a nice trade asset since he's also a nice player that other teams actually want. Averaging 14 pts invisibly and efficiently actually requires offensive skills.

With Hayward and Isaiah, do you really need another guy that likes to put ball on the floor?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Bruce on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:24 pm

that feeling you get playing nba 2k or live when you have too many young assets and picks that you have to start just dumping them. In the mid to late 2000s, Olynyk would have commanded a $15m/year payday, which I think should be $25M in today's going rate. lol
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby JaoSming on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:39 am

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/883330316911378433
The Boston Celtics are trading guard Avery Bradley and a second-round pick to the Detroit Pistons for forward Marcus Morris, league sources told ESPN.

Ugh, one of the Morris brothers? Better than AB walking for nothing this year but I don't know if he'll fit in with Boston and....

https://twitter.com/MookMorris2/status/ ... 5477191680

nvm :applaud:

According to @CelticsHub
Yep, no need for Celtics to do sign-and-trade with Jazz now.

and

With Avery Bradley traded and Kelly Olynyk signed by Miami, Marcus Smart is now the longest tenured member of the Boston Celtics.

So, is this roster set for the season?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby air gordon on Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:50 am

Good point novu. In Stevens system he is important

So it looks like Hayward cost olynyk and Bradley. Not a bad deal though I do kinda smirk that ainge was forced to make a trade. Heaven forbid he had to trade a good player

Morris is junk but at least his salary is done in 2yrs

Celts need a legit traditional big man imo
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:43 am

Sauru wrote:https://twitter.com/thescore/status/876502777014439937

ok so there is zero chance this will happen but man would that make my day

I said this to my friends weeks ago. If Ainge has learned from Red, I'm telling you he's working on a plan to get AD - not now, but in the near future. By then, LeBron will be on the downside and Boston will dominate the east.
Jeffx

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:54 am

Ray Allen's number will NOT be retired. #Celtics confirm Gordon Hayward will wear No. 20.

Good. He a bitch.
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:27 am

Jackal wrote:
Ray Allen's number will NOT be retired. #Celtics confirm Gordon Hayward will wear No. 20.

Good. He a bitch.

(Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)
Sauru

Postby NovU on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:16 am

Ungrateful bastards. Ray was a major reason they won a ship, perhaps the most important part in their run.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby benji on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:25 am

The Boston Celtics signed Paul Pierce Monday so that he could retire as a member of the organization.

surprised this doesn't happen as often as it could
benji

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:33 am

Seems to be a recent trend. I expect we'll see it happen more often.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Andrew wrote:Seems to be a recent trend. I expect we'll see it happen more often.

I think it's dumb, just for show. Everybody knows he didn't play for Boston when he retired.

How does that work with the salary cap? Lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball