Superstar/Hall of Fame

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Superstar/Hall of Fame

Postby Finger2TheRoll on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:30 am

Why is it so insane how many shots the computer makes on Superstar and more often even, Hall of Fame mode? The computer never misses a shot really and I think that it's overly challenging compared to some of the other 2K games in which the max difficulty was rather easy IMO. Why not make the difficulties more realistic? I seriously just got beat by Shaq launching up a half-courter and swishing it. I mean, not that Shaq couldn't do that, but really? LOL. I mean, let's be honest, it's not fun to play this when playing defense is impossible by not even having a chance to come back at all from a large deficit right if the computer makes every shot while being doubled teamed from the corner and three hands in the dude's face?
Finger2TheRoll

Re: Superstar/Hall of Fame

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:08 am

There are limitations on what can be achieved with artificial intelligence in basketball games, and it's an area where the games are still improving and being fine tuned. To counteract the lateral thinking and innovative strategies of the user, the CPU is given certain advantages to keep the games challenging. Unfortunately, it usually amounts to them having an incredible knack for knocking down shots, or react much faster than the user possibly can, so the results aren't always realistic, and can feel a little cheap.

It's a necessary evil to some extent, but there has been improvement over the years, and it's an ongoing process.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K17