PC Release Rumours (Update: PS4 & X1 Only)

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Re: PC Release Rumours (Update: PS4 & X1 Only)

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:14 am

Sure, done.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:04 am

Thanx (Y)
sticky-fingers

Postby voidjointx on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:53 pm

If they release pc ver of live 18 and madden...............................
Donations Are Appreciated

https://www.patreon.com/voidjoint
voidjointx

Postby Murat on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:55 pm

We would mod the whole shit of it... Can't imagine the comeback of modding community
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:15 pm

Hopefully one day.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby haaaaanis on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:43 am

Guys, we as PC gamers may have some luck!
Check this out: https://www.amazon.de/NBA-Live-18-Stand ... ba+live+18

It is the original site of EA on Amazon!It appears to be legit...so maybe there is a chance! :mrgreen:
haaaaanis

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:31 am

haaaaanis wrote:Guys, we as PC gamers may have some luck!
Check this out: https://www.amazon.de/NBA-Live-18-Stand ... ba+live+18

It is the original site of EA on Amazon!It appears to be legit...so maybe there is a chance! :mrgreen:

Holy Shit. Can read some german, but I am not very good at it. Also I am on safari right now and I can't use google translate. What's up with that 29th of December date? I see they also have it for the XBOX One and PS4 versions.
I Hate Mondays

Postby haaaaanis on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:42 am

December the 29th is the end of the Q4 2017. NBA Live 18 is supposed to be released in the Q4 and because they don't have a release date by now they probably took the last day of Q4 of 2017.
The site states that there will be further details and announcements in near future.
You can switch the language to english at the top of the site.
What gives me confidence is that Amazon Media EU is listed as the seller and it also lists the PC version together with the XBOX One and the PS4. I do not think that this is a guarantee but we can assume that there is a humble possibility to have a PC version of the game.
haaaaanis

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:58 am

Such listings have appeared before. We have confirmation from EA that it's PS4 and X1 only.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Culture Games on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:02 am

If its not for PC, theres not much to talk about with NBA Live as far as im concerned. I can't imagine going back to console after years on PC.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:22 am

The game has shown a lot of promise and improvement according to everyone who has played it thus far, which is encouraging for its future; that's definitely worth talking about. The more successful the game is, the more likely it is to be ported to other platforms, specifically PC. The success of the brand, support of the game, and active interest in a PC version is all going to help in seeing a return to the PC, so that what I'm hoping and aiming for.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby arden_05 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:27 am

Andrew wrote:The game has shown a lot of promise and improvement according to everyone who has played it thus far, which is encouraging for its future; that's definitely worth talking about. The more successful the game is, the more likely it is to be ported to other platforms, specifically PC. The success of the brand, support of the game, and active interest in a PC version is all going to help in seeing a return to the PC, so that what I'm hoping and aiming for.

I hope you're right Andrew. That definitely wasn't the case for the Madden PC series :roll: I don't understand this almost hatred for the PC platform from EA when it comes to football and basketball. I don't think we ever really got a straight answer from them as to why they refuse to put these games back on PC.
arden_05

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:39 am

It's the size of the userbase, basically. It's easy to forget because we've traditionally been focused on the PC version in this community, but PC users have always made up a much smaller percentage of the userbase compared to consoles.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:08 am

Andrew wrote:It's the size of the userbase, basically. It's easy to forget because we've traditionally been focused on the PC version in this community, but PC users have always made up a much smaller percentage of the userbase compared to consoles.

May be a smaller pct, but it is a user base being ignored. You're trying to grow the market for your game but your leaving out certain groups of people.
StyxTx

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:18 am

StyxTx wrote:
Andrew wrote:It's the size of the userbase, basically. It's easy to forget because we've traditionally been focused on the PC version in this community, but PC users have always made up a much smaller percentage of the userbase compared to consoles.

May be a smaller pct, but it is a user base being ignored. You're trying to grow the market for your game but your leaving out certain groups of people.

I agree.

It's almost like leaving out a key feature, like roster editing. A good portion of the user base has been requesting that feature, wanting that feature, stating they won't buy the game without that feature... but it seems they won't have it again. Which, leaves out a lot of people who will now not purchase the game because it's missing a key, yet basic feature.

All of these things add up.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:41 am

Hey, I'm all for NBA Live returning to PC (and roster editing in all versions, too); I'd hope everyone knows that by now. I do understand prioritising the consoles though, since that's where most of the user base is. Doesn't mean that I won't keep bringing it up with the people I know at EA and expressing my desire for a PC version in conversations here, but I also acknowledge the reality of the situation.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:00 pm

EA was always scared about piracy and their low PC sellings. That subject is as old as the ancient Egypt. They have managed to make their games uncrackable (there are still some offline bypass methods but EA is all about online games), the FIFA PC community is HUGE and is quickly growing bigger. I think it's just a matter of time until games like Madden, NBA Live or NHL come to the PC. My heart wants those ports to be here asap, in a later release this Spring, my brain tells me it will probably happen a bit later than we hope, maybe around the next-gen releases and the introduction of the PS5
I Hate Mondays

Postby hedop on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:17 pm

It boggles my mind honestly. They have FIFA on PC and had it on here ever since 1996. The sales are very nice and the game is well regarded. So why not put the other two major sports on PC? The Superbowl is watched by 2 billion people or so every year. So of course you'll have a decent amount of sales, especially since it's the only other major sport to come to the PC besides Football and Basketball. It's the same reason why I never understood the reluctance to get WWE on the PC for like nearly 20 years. It's huge and people will buy it for PC. For EA another major point is that they have Origin so they don't need Steam. That's a major factor in actually making the games viable in terms of profit.

I do hope it's true. First of all because 2k would finally get a competitior. No matter how big the difference at the moment, it's still a competitor and that's always good for gamers. What I have seen so far on Agent00' channel and others also looks like a really nice career mode, they incorporated secondary and in some case even tertiary main attribute categories, they brought back perks so basically they are taking a much for RPG approach to the whole thing and judging from how well the Journey in FIFA 17 was written, acted and played out, I think they could seriously take a crack at having a really engaging story mode.

I soooooo hope at least Live comes to PC. I'd love Madden, but at least give us Live just so I actually have a choice.
hedop

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:27 pm

We already have confirmation that it's not true (hence the updated topic title), but it's something we're obviously going to keep pushing for.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:41 am

hedop wrote:It boggles my mind honestly. They have FIFA on PC and had it on here ever since 1996. The sales are very nice and the game is well regarded. So why not put the other two major sports on PC? The Superbowl is watched by 2 billion people or so every year. So of course you'll have a decent amount of sales, especially since it's the only other major sport to come to the PC besides Football and Basketball. It's the same reason why I never understood the reluctance to get WWE on the PC for like nearly 20 years. It's huge and people will buy it for PC. For EA another major point is that they have Origin so they don't need Steam. That's a major factor in actually making the games viable in terms of profit.

I do hope it's true. First of all because 2k would finally get a competitior. No matter how big the difference at the moment, it's still a competitor and that's always good for gamers. What I have seen so far on Agent00' channel and others also looks like a really nice career mode, they incorporated secondary and in some case even tertiary main attribute categories, they brought back perks so basically they are taking a much for RPG approach to the whole thing and judging from how well the Journey in FIFA 17 was written, acted and played out, I think they could seriously take a crack at having a really engaging story mode.

I soooooo hope at least Live comes to PC. I'd love Madden, but at least give us Live just so I actually have a choice.

RPG is ok to a point. As long as we're not forced into names like Prez or Freq. Freq was awful. :x

Let us choose our name.

I would not buy any more sports games where the RPG part of it is a scripted thing. We should be able to decide what path we want to take and have the game react to us, not us having to react to the script. I've had it with scripted junk.
StyxTx

Postby Wolfy03 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:04 am

StyxTx wrote:
hedop wrote:It boggles my mind honestly. They have FIFA on PC and had it on here ever since 1996. The sales are very nice and the game is well regarded. So why not put the other two major sports on PC? The Superbowl is watched by 2 billion people or so every year. So of course you'll have a decent amount of sales, especially since it's the only other major sport to come to the PC besides Football and Basketball. It's the same reason why I never understood the reluctance to get WWE on the PC for like nearly 20 years. It's huge and people will buy it for PC. For EA another major point is that they have Origin so they don't need Steam. That's a major factor in actually making the games viable in terms of profit.

RPG is ok to a point. As long as we're not forced into names like Prez or Freq. Freq was awful. :x

Let us choose our name.

I would not buy any more sports games where the RPG part of it is a scripted thing. We should be able to decide what path we want to take and have the game react to us, not us having to react to the script. I've had it with scripted junk.

Can't agree more, they should definitely let players decide what they want to do, not forcing them into doing something they don't want to, but must do.
Wolfy03

Postby benji on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:25 am

hedop wrote:It boggles my mind honestly. They have FIFA on PC and had it on here ever since 1996. The sales are very nice and the game is well regarded. So why not put the other two major sports on PC?

At this point, I just assume Tiburon hates working on the PC. They even stopped putting PGA Tour out on it.

The rest of EA seems happy to do so.
benji

Postby zzcoolj21 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:38 pm

zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:39 pm

I'm not getting too excited, given the listings on the official website. I'm also pretty sure the game is coming out in September. Still interesting to see, of course, and I'd still love to see it happen.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:46 pm

It's probably based on the same placeholder Game Informer had.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 18