Nintendo releasing SNES Classic

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Nintendo releasing SNES Classic

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:39 am

On the heels of the NES Classic, Nintendo are doing the same thing for the console that won the 16-bit wars: Nintendo announces the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System

On September 30th, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo’s follow-up console to the legendary Nintendo Entertainment System, returns in a new petite form as the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

For the first time, players who pick up the system can enjoy the intergalactic adventure Star Fox 2, the sequel to the original Star Fox (originally titled Starwing upon release in Australia and New Zealand) that was created during the Super Nintendo era but never released … anywhere!

The games:

• Contra III: The Alien Wars™
  • Donkey Kong Country™
  • EarthBound™
  • Final Fantasy III
  • F-ZERO™
  • Kirby™ Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course™
  • The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
  • Mega Man™ X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Fox™
  • Star Fox™ 2
  • Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania IV™
  • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts™
  • Super Mario Kart™
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™
  • Super Mario World™
  • Super Metroid™
  • Super Punch-Out!!™
  • Yoshi’s Island™

Definitely come classics in that list, but it's a shame it doesn't include the entire DKC series. I preferred 2 and 3 to the original.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Nintendo releasing SNES Classic

Postby [Q] on Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:28 pm

But the mine cart levels are classic!

Apparently the big news is that Star Fox 2 is part of this because it was previously unreleased.

Love Yoshi's Island and Mario Kart. Street fighter II is a classic.

Good luck finding one. Supplies will most definitely be short as that is the new M.O. of Nintendo.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:57 pm

Final Fantasy III was my favourite of the series, and I need to get around to playing Earthbound from what I've heard.

Street Fighter II is probably still better than Street Fighter V. What a waste of money the latter was...
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:25 pm

[Q] wrote:But the mine cart levels are classic!

Apparently the big news is that Star Fox 2 is part of this because it was previously unreleased.

Love Yoshi's Island and Mario Kart. Street fighter II is a classic.

Good luck finding one. Supplies will most definitely be short as that is the new M.O. of Nintendo.

Oh, I'm a fan of the original DKC, no doubt. I just think that 2 and 3 took things further and were better games. 2 would probably be my favourite.

Yeah, I expect they'll sell out pretty quickly, just like the NES Mini did. It also seems that once again, the AC adapter is being sold separately, which is pretty weak.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Off-Topic