Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby Jackal on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:21 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:His wife always has the last word and she is one hell of a woman

Well all right then, Oprah.

Nah kidding aside this better lead to some good shit. That Mozgov contract just cost us a #2 pick.

What the fuck.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:36 am

Jackal wrote:What's weird is this is basically the trade I made in my Lakers 2K franchise. I traded Ball and Moz to the Nets and Deng and Clarkson to the Suns and signed Cousins.

Why you do this Magic?

Lol I signed with the Lakers in 2K16 as a pg and so I played the two but Russell never passed to me so I always wanted him gone.

Don't forget Carmelo's wife is the reason why they are in the NY hell hole
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:30 am

Just speculation. May as well dream big

Surprised to hear the Lakers faction here not liking this. At least you guys aren't blind followers

Just a shame pg couldn't keep his mouth shut
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:22 am

The Lakers are setting up a stage for the next offseason.

Lopez/Randle/LBJ/George/Ball

Gawwd... I am having an erection. Basketball god, make this happen.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Jackal on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:35 am

Lakers sought to trade the second pick for the Kings two picks. They were gonna trade one of those picks and the 27/28 and a player to Indy. Sacramento refused. - Per David Aldridge.

Magic baby, what is you doing?
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:59 am

just wait til ball gets shit on in the nba. everyone gonna wish magic traded down
Sauru

Postby [Q] on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:09 pm

Sauru wrote:just wait til ball gets shit on in the nba. everyone gonna wish magic traded down

can't wait for him to prove you wrong haha
you should change your signature to Lavar Ball's face if Lonzo averages 15 & 5 in November
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Brave Sir Rubin on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:02 pm

At least now we know that they're for sure drafting Lonzo... otherwise, shitty trade. Brook Lopez is injury prone and a liability. Russell has a chance to truly shine. Too bad that he goes from one hopeless situation to another. At least he'll get the ball in his hands. He could be a Most Improved candidate this year.
Brave Sir Rubin
Showerfun

Postby Sauru on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:21 pm

make the right choice. take fox
Sauru

Postby Brave Sir Rubin on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Make the right choice... draft Lonzo and immediately trade him to the Pacers for George... forcing him to be stuck in Indiana for his entire rookie contract.
Brave Sir Rubin
Showerfun

Postby Bruce on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:22 pm

You all misunderstand, Russell being traded had nothing to do with any future moves for PG, the move was actually to upease SwaggyP and hopefully Young won't opt out. lol

Brook has never been a favorite player of mine, but really really trying to be positive here. Brook is kind of underrated as a defender and has always been a solid scorer. He was surprising with the rate of 3 pt shots he made last year. Overall I dislike Brook because he is a piss poor rebounder, yet I would like to find out though what kind of system the Lakers will try to play next season. Maybe playing alongside black/nance/ingram can make up for Brook weakness on rebounds. I would think that Mozgov might have some outright trade value and that summarily dumping Russell on practically the first offer seems rushed. I know everyone is kind of disappointed and would have wanted Magic to have held out for more. But I think as trades go in the NBA, rookie GMs and executives usually gets shivved on deals.
[Q] wrote:
Jackal wrote:What's weird is this is basically the trade I made in my Lakers 2K franchise. I traded Ball and Moz to the Nets and Deng and Clarkson to the Suns and signed Cousins.

Why you do this Magic?

Lol I signed with the Lakers in 2K16 as a pg and so I played the two but Russell never passed to me so I always wanted him gone.
Don't forget Carmelo's wife is the reason why they are in the NY hell hole

Same here. Played twice as a PF & then as a C after being drafted by Ind & Sixers, demanded to be traded to LA. Whenever I grab the rebound and get a chance to run with the ball, then I see Russell with either Kobe, Williams or Nick Young at the wings, I am almost always never passing to Russell. And if Russell has the ball and looks like he will take it to the hole. I am going to demand for the ball before he does so even if it costs me player points. lol
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby Sauru on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Brave Sir Rubin wrote:Make the right choice... draft Lonzo and immediately trade him to the Pacers for George... forcing him to be stuck in Indiana for his entire rookie contract.

i like this idea much better

also i feel like this move will get the nets and extra win or 2 which really pisses me off
Sauru

Postby big-shot-ROB on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:51 pm

This is purely a money move. They do not intend to resign Lopez. To dump Mozgov's salary thay had to add something valuable, and that was D-Lo. Actually, it seems, just like me, the Lakers are not high on him. He is a cancer in the lockerroom (he even liked a tweet saying - don't draft lonzo -), he is not a winner, and his "brat-status" makes you doubt about how much more he is going to improve. Him and Lonzo cooperation was risky.

This is good for both teams. Nets get a young player in addition to a bad salary player. This way, they do not need to make any ""big"" FA move, since Russell along will be enough to sell crowd at the beginning of the regular season. Lin is probably gone too. Lakers have been known to build through FA and trades, and actually, relying that much on draft picks is not a sure thing. Do Philly and Minnesota look even like 8th seeders? This gives the Lakers free room for George and whoever more wants to come, does not create any problem on the backourt and releases them from the virus they had on the team.

[b]Sauru[/u], if you think this trade makes the BKN pick worse, you are not a real Cs fan. Just joking, what makes you think DLo-Moz is winning more games than Lin-Lopez? Russell will probably put better stats and shoot everything that goes in his hands, but I'm really sure this ends up in more losses, not wins. He is not a winner neither a leader at all.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Sauru on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:56 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:This is purely a money move. They do not intend to resign Lopez. To dump Mozgov's salary thay had to add something valuable, and that was D-Lo. Actually, it seems, just like me, the Lakers are not high on him. He is a cancer in the lockerroom (he even liked a tweet saying - don't draft lonzo -), he is not a winner, and his "brat-status" makes you doubt about how much more he is going to improve. Him and Lonzo cooperation was risky.

This is good for both teams. Nets get a young player in addition to a bad salary player. This way, they do not need to make any ""big"" FA move, since Russell along will be enough to sell crowd at the beginning of the regular season. Lin is probably gone too. Lakers have been known to build through FA and trades, and actually, relying that much on draft picks is not a sure thing. Do Philly and Minnesota look even like 8th seeders? This gives the Lakers free room for George and whoever more wants to come, does not create any problem on the backourt and releases them from the virus they had on the team.

[b]Sauru[/u], if you think this trade makes the BKN pick worse, you are not a real Cs fan. Just joking, what makes you think DLo-Moz is winning more games than Lin-Lopez? Russell will probably put better stats and shoot everything that goes in his hands, but I'm really sure this ends up in more losses, not wins. He is not a winner neither a leader at all.

lopez was gonna get hurt again is what i am basing it on
Sauru

Postby big-shot-ROB on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:19 pm

Sauru wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:This is purely a money move. They do not intend to resign Lopez. To dump Mozgov's salary thay had to add something valuable, and that was D-Lo. Actually, it seems, just like me, the Lakers are not high on him. He is a cancer in the lockerroom (he even liked a tweet saying - don't draft lonzo -), he is not a winner, and his "brat-status" makes you doubt about how much more he is going to improve. Him and Lonzo cooperation was risky.

lopez was gonna get hurt again is what i am basing it on

No wonder you admire Bird. Same machiavellian mindset.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby air gordon on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:41 am

Hey big
How did you come to your conclusion on Russell? This year was pretty much his rookie year
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:02 am

If the Lakers find a taker for Deng, then it would be possible to keep Lopez and still get George
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:07 am

[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:09 am

[Q] wrote:If the Lakers find a taker for Deng, then it would be possible to keep Lopez and still get George

if the lakers get george and lebron like people keep saying then lopez will agree to stay cheap
Sauru

Postby Jackal on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:55 am

I still see no reason as to why Lebron would leave Kyrie Irving & Kevin Love to join Paul George just...because his wife said she likes Los Angeles.

Anyways, Nick Young opted out of his contract, he's a free agent now.
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:49 am

Jackal wrote:I still see no reason as to why Lebron would leave Kyrie Irving & Kevin Love to join Paul George just...because his wife said she likes Los Angeles.

Anyways, Nick Young opted out of his contract, he's a free agent now.

i think it greatly depends on how the young guys play this season. if they work out it could very well be a better team. however he would be losing in the semi finals instead of the finals out there
Sauru

Postby Jackal on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:42 am

Ball, Randle and Ingram play better than Kyrie and Kevin?

I'm a Laker fan and I find those lofty goals for the youngins.
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:46 am

sure kyrie is better than all 3 but those 3 and george vs kyrie and love will depend just on how well they develop. also i am sure love is done in cleveland
Sauru

Postby [Q] on Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Jackal wrote:Anyways, Nick Young opted out of his contract, he's a free agent now.

My prayers have been answered. :bowdown:

that's another 5 mil off the books. Here's to hoping they just keep the space for next offseason instead of blowing it on shitty overrated veterans again

I don't think that both Lebron and George are possible because with all free agents gone, they'll have about 43 mil and George will take up like 30+ of that. Also, I think Randle will be a free agent as well so that will cut into some funds but they can go over the cap to keep him. Somehow Deng is making 18 mil :shock: so dumping him on a taker could help keep Lopez or get Lebron if he takes a pay cut
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:38 pm

what i would like to see happen is next season lebron commits to the lakers but then sign with the clippers at the last minute
Sauru

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball