Franchise Mode

Talk about NBA Live 18 here.

Franchise Mode

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:57 am

There's a preliminary features list on the official website. It gives an overview of the gameplay enhancements EA wants to spotlight, shows the new Ultimate Team cards, and naturally mentions The One. It also has a "Franchise" bulletin point:

Take control of your favorite NBA team and build it into an unstoppable hoop force while playing games and upgrading the team. Draft top players, make smart trades, and improve your skills with the distinctive upgrade points system. Every decision is yours as you ball through season after season in a streamlined experience while chasing championships.

I'm guessing The One has received the most attention this year, but hopefully some vital functions have found their way back into the franchise mode...which is perhaps now called Franchise again, which was the original branding before it was re-named Dynasty Mode in NBA Live 2004 onward. I'm hoping there's some more good news to come here, whatever it may be called now.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Franchise Mode

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:00 am

I get it, that's all great. But I'm not seeing multi-team use....

It should be a fundamental part of every sports game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:02 am

To be fair, there isn't really a lot of detail at all. It's basically just a succinct summary of what Franchise/Dynasty/Association/MyGM/MyLEAGUE has traditionally been about. I agree though, that's a function that's long overdue to return, having been lost in the initial Dynasty re-brand.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:51 am

Definitely welcomed as is improved post play so Iam interested to see more of that.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:02 pm

At the very least, I hope we've got some more stats/information screens, and the ability to assign jersey numbers after trades and signings. Perhaps I'm reading too much into the "streamlined" description, but I hope it still isn't too bare-bones. Adding MyLEAGUE-like depth at the same time as revamping Rising Star into The One isn't feasible, but a few steps in that direction would be nice.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 pm

After last year with Sean saying we have let dynasty mode slip in way of the new modes and it needs addressing I had high hopes, I just pray that "The One" hasn't derailed there plans again.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:42 pm

Good point. Career modes do tend to be more popular these days, as does the connected online experience, so it makes sense they've put a lot of attention into that. I hope the traditional experience has at least received a little attention, though.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:29 am

People wanted deeper controls, believe me when I say you got what you wanted lol
ThaLiveKing

Postby mp3 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:16 am

Can (if you know) if your allowed too talk any on dynasty or roster management Mr King?
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:43 am

ThaLiveKing wrote:People wanted deeper controls, believe me when I say you got what you wanted lol

While modes are important for longevity, I am pleased to hear about the gameplay enhancements and deeper controls. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Nick on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:44 pm

If franchise mode is really great then that alone would be enough for me to buy the game. Here's hoping
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:59 pm

Fingers crossed. I'm not expecting the depth of MyLEAGUE, but the return of a few staples plus a couple of enhancements would be very welcome.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:52 am

Nick wrote:If franchise mode is really great then that alone would be enough for me to buy the game. Here's hoping

100% agree. Same here.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:04 am

I hope I don't have to but I could even live with roster editing as long as they had a decent dynasty mode this year and for God's sake add a transactions and injury screen already.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:08 pm

Agreed, I want some kind of deep experience to keep me hooked. Roster editing needs to make its way into the game, though. That's why I'm throwing it out there as a possible post-release update, if it's not available at launch. I don't know how feasible that would be, but they did put a shootaround mode into NBA Live 14 with a patch, so who knows.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 18