Boston Celtics Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Boston Celtics Thread

Postby Jackal on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:54 am

shadowgrin wrote:Found 3, one was locked, one was mostly a spam thread, and that one by Jao.

No one gives a shit about the Celtics besides Sauru's old bitch ass.
Jackal

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:54 am

shadowgrin wrote:Nah no worries, I remembered there was a Celtics thread, used forum search but I barely found it myself, had to repeatedly tweak the search functions just to narrow the search results. Found 3, one was locked, one was mostly a spam thread, and that one by Jao.

Up to the moderators anyway if they'll merge or the current thread stays as the new one for everything Celtics.

I support shutting this one down in support of Jao.

Up to you, Andrew.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:57 am

Does anyone have Andrew's number? We could call him. ( :lol: )
Jackal

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:59 am

lmao classic.

Jackal wrote:No one gives a shit about the Celtics besides Sauru's old bitch ass.

Need a Celtics thread so we can see Sauru do a meltdown post when the team gives Thomas the max deal and trade away the 1st pick.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:21 am

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING PEOPLE! WOJ BOMB!

https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba/stat ... 2982434817

Sources: Philadelphia is waiting on medical information on Markelle Fultz, but deep into talks on acquiring Boston's No. 1 overall pick.
Boston would acquire Sixers No. 3 overall pick in 2017 and package to include future first from Sixers, sources say.
Deal talks are far enough along that Fultz could be on his way to Philadelphia for a meeting Saturday, sources say.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby air gordon on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:27 am

Yes! One step closer to trading for butler or George

Get er done Danny boy
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:52 am

Roto also says the Lakers like Fultz so much that they could try to move up to #1 with precondition Ingram being only untouchable player. It's a bidding war between the Lakers and 76ers.

It could be Lonzo or Josh to the Celtics after all. That wouldn't be bad at all actually if they could land another future 1st or D'Angelo/Julius in the process. :lol:

Ainge wouldn't be done. He is to enter a bid war for Blake Griffin. The Thunder's also in the mix it seems. Likely scenario though is he re-signs because $40 extra million for just 1 extra season in contract book.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:26 am

Might as well keep the new thread going. (Y)

Interesting scenario with the 76ers there. How do our resident Celtics fans feel about that?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:11 pm

I've spent what feels like too long getting hyped up for Fultz and building the best team possible in 3-4 years with Smart/Brown/Fultz/'18 Pick than trying to build around IT.

But F it, either way the team theoretically gets better than they were this year with a 1 seed.

(and just keep this thread)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Sauru on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:38 pm

i am more than ok with the celtics trading the 1st for the 3rd + either the kings or lakers pick. honestly if ainge can pull that off i am fucking over the moon excited
Sauru

Postby [Q] on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:28 am

Celtics trading the pick to Philly makes sense. Celtics don't need the talent that badly so they'll still get a good player plus some good future picks. I could see them being OK with taking whoever the lakers don't pick out of the 3
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:33 am

I might become a Warriors fan if we get Ball.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby air gordon on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:54 am

[Q] wrote:Celtics trading the pick to Philly makes sense. Celtics don't need the talent that badly so they'll still get a good player plus some good future picks. I could see them being OK with taking whoever the lakers don't pick out of the 3

Do you think fultz, ball, and Jackson all share the same potential?
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Sauru on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:15 am

air gordon wrote:
[Q] wrote:Celtics trading the pick to Philly makes sense. Celtics don't need the talent that badly so they'll still get a good player plus some good future picks. I could see them being OK with taking whoever the lakers don't pick out of the 3

Do you think fultz, ball, and Jackson all share the same potential?

my opinion is the gap is close enough that landing one with additional assets (like 2 additional first rounders) is worth it. now i would prefer the kings pick over the lakers
Sauru

Postby Jeffx on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:20 am

Sauru wrote:i am more than ok with the celtics trading the 1st for the 3rd + either the kings or lakers pick. honestly if ainge can pull that off i am fucking over the moon excited

Danny Ainge is channeling his inner Red Auerbach. Red wrote the book on wheeling, dealing and fleecing (see Robert Parrish & Kevin McHale).
Jeffx

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:08 am

Can't escape it....
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby air gordon on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:25 am

This almost seems like a smokescreen to me. Ainge could be pitting Philly lala or whatever team wants fultz against each other

Colangelo isn't prokorov.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:20 pm

Welp.

I guess what he's doing makes sense. I just hope Fultz doesn't end up being a juggernaut in the NBA.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/06/17/r ... 89583839=1
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:29 pm

I dont like how there is no mention of the Bulls or that this trade will go down Monday.....was hoping that none of this would happen until it was time for the third pick so the Lakers can't fuck it all up.

There has not been a PG selected with the first 3 picks that has ended up being a bust, so IF this is happening, I'm waiting to see the upside.

OK, so. We get the Lakers pick next year if it is 2-5, otherwise it's the '19 Kings pick. Theoretically we could get 2 top 5 picks in next year's draft thanks to the Nets, and I believe we still have our own next year. So there is a safety net for giving up the #1 pick in an NBA draft.

Still feels dirty, but it's not my decision and I'm going to be a fan regardless (just, maybe, not as much if we get Ball).

So, is the '18 draft class projected to be deep?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Sauru on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:38 pm

man i went from rooting for fultz to rooting against him. i am only able to wish he has an ok career at best now as all the what if scenario's will fucking kill me if he turns into a hall of fame talent. still i like the deal however it worries me that the celtics will now offer thomas a max deal which will imo kill their chances of winning a championship
Sauru

Postby big-shot-ROB on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:33 am

Plot-twist: Ainge only GM to know Silver is taking down the minimum age elegibility next year so he now has 2 possible top-5 picks for 2018 to pick one of Bagley, Porter, Mamba, Ayton & Doncic.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:40 am

F it, Bol Bol & Shareef
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:52 am

big-shot-ROB wrote:Plot-twist: Ainge only GM to know Silver is taking down the minimum age elegibility next year so he now has 2 possible top-5 picks for 2018 to pick one of Bagley, Porter, Mamba, Ayton & Doncic.

I'd only be interested if it was John Bagley and his wonderful beard.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:07 am

man the celtics getting the 1 and 2 pick next season would be the greatest thing ever. has that ever happened in any sport?
Sauru

Postby big-shot-ROB on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:10 am

Sauru wrote:man the celtics getting the 1 and 2 pick next season would be the greatest thing ever. has that ever happened in any sport?

Just simmed some seasons with 2K14. Drafted J.Jackson, signed Sullinger for a year (Griffin and Haywayrd came back to their own teams). At the trade deadline, I moved Bradley and LAC pick for Giles (picked 17th by Bucks). Landed 1(BKN) & 3(LAL) pick in 2018. Went with Doncic, Phoenix went with Porter at 2, I picked Ayton at 3. Let Thomas walk away and brought back smart cheap.

Current roster:
Doncic, Rozier, D. Jackson
Smart, F. Mason III
J. Jackson, Jae Crowder
J. Brown, Horford, Caleb Swanigan
Ayton, Giles
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball