Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby Sauru on Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:13 pm

the lakers not drafting ball would be the greatest thing to happen this off season. lavar would be so fucking salty it would be comedy gold.
Sauru

Postby NovU on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:46 pm

I think the Celtics should just draft Lonzo who is the best player avail regardless of Ball Family's wants. See if he can play with Isaiah Thomas. IT is pretty average in AST/TO so Lonzo perhaps can play together and be an impact guy right away. Or should the Celtics trade down and draft big man, they could go for Zach Collins or Tacko Fall. The Celtics already have many small players.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Sauru on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:19 pm

drafting ball or trading down would both be mistakes for the celtics. luckily phil jackson is not in charge of boston so we should be ok
Sauru

Postby [Q] on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:27 am

So the Lakers soured on Ball after his workout? Jackson has a guarantee at #2 or #3 so good chance the Lakers go with him. Plus, they wouldn't be duplicating at the PG position
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:26 am

air gordon wrote:I heard a rather interesting Ball comparison on dunked on podcast. On the cast they were discussing not many players of ball's usg translated into Star player type. Ricky Rubio's name came up

Thoughts?

Despite Lonzo's wonky shot mechanics he's a better shooter than Rubio.
Lonzo's shot isn't even as bad as Shawn Marion's

Based it on Lonzo's college usg% for comparison... http://bkref.com/tiny/0v4Cl ... still looks good if you consider Conley and Celtics Rondo as star players. IF.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:40 am

NBADraft.net has the Lakers taking Josh Jackson, while DraftExpress still has Lonzo going second overall. Order aside, they've got the same top five, with Fultz going number one.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:22 am

I think it's gamesmanship now as the draft gets closer

My guess is lala knows who they want and are just fishing for some trade offers with these "reports"
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:57 am

air gordon wrote:I think it's gamesmanship now as the draft gets closer

My guess is lala knows who they want and are just fishing for some trade offers with these "reports"

I think there's a possibility they're throwing people off the scent as well. If they keep people in suspense, they'll have more options. If everyone knows they want Lonzo, Boston could take him and ruin their plans or take and trade him for more assets
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:41 am

Celtics picking Lonzo only to trade him for more assets doesn't make any sense.
They could easily do that with just the pick itself or with picking then trading away Fultz who is considered more valuable than Lonzo.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Q] on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:18 am

I guess I meant threatening to take lonzo and forcing the Lakers to trade up
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:07 am

LeBron a Laker?
Adrian Wojnarowski: People around NBA feel LeBron James ‘likely’ to join Lakers or Clippers

https://sports.yahoo.com/adrian-wojnaro ... 16967.html

Would you Lakers fanbois want 34-38 year old LBJ? That's grandpa age for most sports. This is just a wild speculation but fun nonetheless. G'one Woj. Share me some of your crack, must be goood
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:22 am

Lonzo's back at second overall to the Lakers in updated mock drafts, but he's also meeting with some other lottery teams. Perhaps the Ball family don't have total confidence that the Lakers will take him, even if that's once again the current projection.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:43 am

Adrian Wojnarowski wrote:Sources: All-Star Paul George tells Pacers he plans to leave franchise in 2018 free agency, prefers Lakers.

Goodness, I really hope this happens and it actually works out.

They won't be able to sign him to the 30 million contract though so I wonder what's going to go down between now and 2018. He could just be traded to the Warriors for Klay or some shit and love it. Also George has been adamant about not playing the 4, Ingram certainly can't so does that mean Ingram comes off the bench?

But that's getting way ahead of ourselves.
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:20 am

i hate the lakers so damn much. it has to be the easiest job in the world. everyone in the league wants to go there. they dont even have to be good and they still land top free agents. shit players still on contract openly talk of their desire to join the lakers totally killing their current teams chances of getting any value for them.
Sauru

Postby Jackal on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:04 am

Sauru wrote:i hate the lakers so damn much. it has to be the easiest job in the world. everyone in the league wants to go there. they dont even have to be good and they still land top free agents. shit players still on contract openly talk of their desire to join the lakers totally killing their current teams chances of getting any value for them.

Lakers to you:

Jackal

Postby Sauru on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:48 am

i figured it was about time i bitched about the lakers. get you back on the sauru dislike train
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:48 am

There's also rumours of George being traded to the Cavs.

Would you trade the number two pick for George?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:40 am

Andrew wrote:There's also rumours of George being traded to the Cavs.

Would you trade the number two pick for George?

no way. i mean i would love to see it happen as the ball family would just spontaneously combust but no. no way in hell do i trade the 2 for PG if i am the lakers not when you can just wait a year and get him for nothing. honestly waiting a year is probably the best thing for them anyway. give them young players time to play before george comes in and takes over the team. however they might want to consider some deal if the cavs come close to acquiring george as winning a ring, or even coming real close could be enough to get him to resign
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:42 am

Good point. There'd still be some risk as while he prefers the Lakers, he could change his tune if he ends up going somewhere else this offseason and liking it. Patience certainly could pay off, though.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:20 pm

NBA Live called it. NBA is rigged.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Sauru on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 pm

off season is already more exciting than the entire 16/17 nba season
Sauru

Postby NovU on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:16 pm

Woow. Paul George as a Cav? This would counter KD addition very well. However more meaningless 82 games. Only the Finals would be worth interests.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Sauru on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:40 pm

NovU wrote:Woow. Paul George as a Cav? This would counter KD addition very well. However more meaningless 82 games. Only the Finals would be worth interests.

but at least the finals would be interesting. thats a step up from last year
Sauru

Postby NovU on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Still the Warriors win it easy over the Cavs imho. It's probably a lot the Cavs would have to give up. And KD and Curry are still far better players than George ever was.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Sauru on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:43 pm

NovU wrote:Still the Warriors win it easy over the Cavs imho. It's probably a lot the Cavs would have to give up. And KD and Curry are still far better players than George ever was.

this is why i dont trade anything for george if i am the lakers. sign him outright? fuck yes, but give away assets for him? no thanks. he is not a game changer imo for the lakers. now as for the cavs if they can get him without giving up lebron (obvious) kyrie, kevin, or tristan then shit gets interesting but what are the odds that happens? i mean his trade value is super low but someone will give something for a 1 year rental with the intent to try and convince him to re-up
Sauru

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball