Med's NBA Roster v12.1c Released

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Med's NBA Roster v4.6d - 2017-2018 Minnesota & Portland Logos Updated

Postby BPDHoplite on Tue May 16, 2017 7:45 am

Are you gonna update the PBA rosters? A few Americans have come over like Arinze Onuaku
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby calejuice on Fri May 19, 2017 10:48 am

Hey, I remember reading somewhere on a post here but I cannot find it about someone being able to successfully running Ultimate Base Roster and Meds mods together. Is there a way I can run these two mods together because when I do there are portrait and logo problems? Anyone knows the fix? Thanks!
calejuice

Postby Medevenx on Sat May 20, 2017 12:19 am

Tell me all what you think about this original formula that I developed myself which will be used for all players that took a minimum of 100 3PT attempts during the regular season:

New 3PT Rating Formula:

Shooting Percentage = (3PT Average % ÷ 47.5%)
Shooting Proficiency = (3PT Average % × 3PT Attempts Per Game)
3PT Rating = Shooting Percentage + Shooting Proficiency

47.5% was considered the maximum 3PT Average % since only one player with a minimum of 100 3PT Attempts during the season surpassed 47.5% and that was Pau Gasol of the San Antonio Spurs.

Condition #1

This formula only applies to players with over 100 3PT Attempts in the regular season.

Condition #2:
If the player shot over 100 attempts but only played less than or equal to half of the season (41 games), Shot Proficiency will be subtracted instead of added to the Shooting Percentage since fewer games will lead to less than reliable results percentage-wise.

=Example Data=

Player: Stephen Curry
3PT Made: 324
3PT Attempted: 789
3PT Average %: 41.1%
Games Played: 79
3PT Attempts Per Game: 9.99

Shooting Percentage = 3PT Average % ÷ 47.5%
Shooting Percentage = 41.1 ÷ 47.5
Shooting Percentage = 86.45

Shooting Proficiency = 3PT Average % × 3PT Attempts Per Game
Shooting Proficiency = 41.1% × 9.99
Shooting Proficiency = 4.1

3PT Rating = Shooting Percentage + Shooting Proficiency
3PT Rating = 86.45 + 4.1
3PT Rating = 90.55 ≈ 91
3PT Rating Chart:

Top 5 Cs (Minimum 100 3PT Attempts) & 3PT %

114 Pau Gasol (SA) [Abnormal Value] = 53.8%
89 Mike Muscala (ATL) = 41.8%
88 Channing Frye (CLE) = 40.9%
83 Marc Gasol (MEM) = 38.8%
80 Mareese Speights = 37.2%

Pau Gasol has a very abnormal value of over 100 because his 3PT Average during the regular season was 53.8% despite having a total of 104 3PT attempts in only 64 games during the regular season. Pau Gasol whether you believe it or not, was an incredibly efficient 3PT shooter this season and deserves a 99 rating.

Top 5 PFs (Minimum 100 3PT Attempts)

94 Darrell Arthur (DEN) = 45.3%
88 Ryan Anderson (HOU) = 40.3%
86 Juan Hernangomez (DEN) = 40.7%
85 Davis Bertans (SA) = 39.9%
84 Serge Ibaka (TOR) & Anthony Tolliver (SAC) = 39.1%

Darrell Arthur shot an insane 45.3% while shooting 117 attempts in only 41 games during the regular season which means his Shot Proficiency was subtracted to his Shooting Percentage, due to Condition #2. Juan Hernangomez, despite having a higher 3PT % than Ryan Anderson shot less attempts than Ryan Anderson which gave Anderson the higher rating due to Shot Proficiency.

Top 5 SFs (Minimum 100 3PT Attempts)

94 Joe Ingles (UTA)
93 Otto Porter (WAS)
90 Khris Middleton (MIL)
89 C.J. Miles (IND)
88 Joe Johnson (UTA)

Khris Middleton is another victim of Condition #2 as he played only 29 games this season.

Top 5 SGs (Minimum 100 3PT Attempts)

97 Kyle Korver (CLE) = 45.1%
95 Allen Crabbe (POR) = 44.4%
93 J.J. Redick (LAC) = 42.9%
91 Klay Thompson (GSW) = 41.4%
91 C.J. McCollum (POR) & Jason Terry (MIL) = 42.0% & 42.7%

That's right. Jason Terry is still in the league and he played 74 games this season.

Top 5 PGs (Minimum 100 3PT Attempts)

92 Seth Curry (DAL) = 42.5%
91 Stephen Curry (GSW) = 41.1%
90 Kyle Lowry (TOR) = 41.2%
89 Patty Mills (SA) = 41.3%
89 Darren Collison (SAC) = 41.7%

It may be debatable what position Seth Curry plays but it is true that he is shooting a better 3PT % than his older brother Stephen Curry this season. In fact, you will notice that the 3rd up to the 5th player in 3PT Rating have higher 3PT %s than Steph Curry. However, due to Steph Curry's insane 9.9 3PT Attempts Per Game, his Shot Proficiency gives the biggest increase to his 3PT Rating.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Rsnail on Sat May 20, 2017 9:15 pm

calejuice wrote:Hey, I remember reading somewhere on a post here but I cannot find it about someone being able to successfully running Ultimate Base Roster and Meds mods together. Is there a way I can run these two mods together because when I do there are portrait and logo problems? Anyone knows the fix? Thanks!

Sir Meds has said "The Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) by HAWK23 and U R Basketball (URB) by skoadam are not compatible with other mods, including Med's NBA Roster." However, you can use JSGME to switch between these two great mods in the same application.
Rsnail

Postby Culture Games on Sun May 21, 2017 7:14 am

Med, would yo uhappen to have archives of any of your old rosters? For 2k12, or 2k13? Anywhere I could find them?
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Medevenx on Sun May 21, 2017 5:53 pm

WithAuthority wrote:Med, would yo uhappen to have archives of any of your old rosters? For 2k12, or 2k13? Anywhere I could find them?

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=89488
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Re: Med's NBA Roster v4.6d - 2017-2018 Detroit Logos Updated

Postby KristianNdoka on Mon May 29, 2017 6:17 am

Any news for the next update ?
KristianNdoka

Postby Medevenx on Tue May 30, 2017 3:11 pm

KristianNdoka wrote:Any news for the next update ?

I need to finish the ratings and tendencies first which takes a long time since it's more than 400 players amount of data.
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby KristianNdoka on Tue May 30, 2017 9:20 pm

Medevenx wrote:
KristianNdoka wrote:Any news for the next update ?

I need to finish the ratings and tendencies first which takes a long time since it's more than 400 players amount of data.

Ok thank you
KristianNdoka

Re: Med's NBA Roster v4.6d - 2017-2018 Cleveland Cavaliers Logos Updated

Postby Medevenx on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:46 pm

The defending champions, Cleveland Cavaliers join the Detroit Pistons, Portland Trail Blazers and the Minnesota Timberwolves in the 2017-2018 NBA season as teams with a new look. The Cleveland Cavaliers unveiled their new logo for the 2017-2018 NBA season!

Download Now
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Med's NBA Roster v4.7 Released (2017 Playoff Roster)

Postby Medevenx on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:49 pm

It has been more than 2 months since the last NBA roster update and during that time, a lot of work has been done on the NBA roster for a better overall experience. All of the player ratings, tendencies, and other gameplay-related aspects of the roster have been completely revamped for both simulation and in-game experience.

Download Now
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Re: Med's NBA Roster v4.7 Released (2017 Playoff Roster)

Postby eustachy1 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:41 am

Medevenx wrote:
[ Image ]

It has been more than 2 months since the last NBA roster update and during that time, a lot of work has been done on the NBA roster for a better overall experience. All of the player ratings, tendencies, and other gameplay-related aspects of the roster have been completely revamped for both simulation and in-game experience.

Download Now

Nice update good job ! (Y)
eustachy1

Re: Med's NBA Roster v4.7 Released (2017 Playoff Roster)

Postby MilkTheClock on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:44 am

I have an issue, when I sim in association mode my game tends to lag, a lot. Only during simulation, When I manage to stop it, the lag stops. Anyone got any fix?
MilkTheClock

Med's NBA Roster v4.7b Released (2017 Playoff Roster)

Postby Medevenx on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:43 am

One day has passed since v4.7 has been released and we've already released a Follow Up update! We fix some minor errors with the v4.7 roster such as some ratings, contract problems and a few cyberface fixes. We also add the Houston Rockets' missing player, Isaiah Taylor, and re-implement the Retiree Vaults!

Download Link
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Re: Med's NBA Roster v4.7b Released (2017 Playoff Roster)

Postby KristianNdoka on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Retiree Vaults players in their primes ? :?:
KristianNdoka

Postby Medevenx on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:24 pm

KristianNdoka wrote:Retiree Vaults players in their primes ? :?:

No

MilkTheClock wrote:I have an issue, when I sim in association mode my game tends to lag, a lot. Only during simulation, When I manage to stop it, the lag stops. Anyone got any fix?

When I simulate, it doesn't. Sometimes it's random.

eustachy1 wrote:Nice update good job ! (Y)

Thank you!
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Medevenx on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi everyone, thanks for supporting our updates that have been released in 3 straight days. Here's the thing, our MediaFire account is nearly full. I've already discussed file hosting sites in the past and MediaFire really is the way to go. We've tried MEGA but a lot of people don't like MEGA.

I want to consider purchasing the PRO plan for MediaFire. The perks are as follows:

• Ad-free sharing and downloads
No more sketchy popups and redirects after clicking the download button.
• 1 TB of space
Since the 13 GB amount of files are just about full for this account, I don't want to delete some existing files since these files are used mainly for backup purposes.
• 20 GB per file
While the maximum file size for free is 10 GB, however due to the lack of space I am unable to add single click Full Pack links for PBA 2K, KvS & FIBA 2K because of the storage capacity issues>
• No captcha codes
No more captcha troubles when downloading too many files from the MediaFire account.
• Direct links to files
Now, we can also have the file download immediately from the website without having to go to the MediaFire link.
• Download entire folders
This is in case some people want to download the Full Packs separately, but at the same time.
• Long-term storage
• FileDrop uploader
• Upload from any website
• Priority support

I don't actually know what these mean, but long-term storage will allow our files to not automatically be deleted in the future (unlike previous PBA 2K Main Directory Files v0 to v8 that got
deleted in my other MediaFire account).

I'm humbly asking for donations so that we can make this happen. This will save us ALL a lot of time by not having to go through ads and will save me time from having to juggle two MediaFire accounts just to have more space since this account is almost full. I already don't put you guys through adfly and other "link-shortening" services that are extremely dangerous for downloaders, so I want to ask for some help.

Hopefully, some generous users can donate for a total of $45 for one year's worth of these features while it is still 50% off. In the past, people have contributed and donated for the purchase of the full version of RED MC for NBA 2K14 (a total of $40.6) and some features for RED MC for NBA 2K13 (a total of $12), making it a total of $52.6 worth of donations made to good use since we all know that I have used RED MC to its full potential, being able to mod things we didn't think were possible.
For those who are willing to donate through Paypal, please proceed to the link below.

For those who want to help in some other way, please send me a message.

It is not required to donate, and we will still continue modding and releasing mods for the 2017-2018 season. But this will surely help make uploading and downloading more convenient for not just me, but all of us, including the users. All donations will be used only for the purchasing of the one-year PRO plan for MediaFire. A screenshot will be posted when we achieve our donation goal.
For more information on MediaFire Pro, please proceed to the link below.

MediaFire Pro
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby big-shot-ROB on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:11 pm

Good job Med's, what you give to the community has always been undervalued, but without you no jerseys, cyberfaces or courts could be useful. I had been earning some money to buy RedMC through some requests, but after purchasing it I have some money I thought I would waste on it and I didn't. Will send it to you this weekend. Would you rather a donation or PayPal to PayPal sending?

Anyways, keep up the good job, and know you still got me for missing cyberfaces for 2nd round rookies or incoming international players (Y)
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Medevenx on Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:10 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:Good job Med's, what you give to the community has always been undervalued, but without you no jerseys, cyberfaces or courts could be useful. I had been earning some money to buy RedMC through some requests, but after purchasing it I have some money I thought I would waste on it and I didn't. Will send it to you this weekend. Would you rather a donation or PayPal to PayPal sending?

Anyways, keep up the good job, and know you still got me for missing cyberfaces for 2nd round rookies or incoming international players (Y)

Thank you man, I am especially excited for the 2017 NBA Draft. Hopefully we can put together something great this summer. Paypal to Paypal sending would be nice, either way works. :)
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Owie on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:57 pm

Hi there Meds! As always great work! I just have a little problem, I wanted the old/default trade/injury messages in Assoc mode but don't know what file to replace since I have updated it. Can you tell me what file should I replace to have that default notification when playing Assoc? Thanks man!
Owie

Postby Medevenx on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:57 pm

The final NBA roster update for the 2016-2017 NBA season has arrived! The final rotations have been implemented, some ratings, animations and play styles have been updated. Some special MyCareer fixes have also been implemented in this roster. See you next season!

Download Link
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Postby Medevenx on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:04 pm

Medevenx wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:Good job Med's, what you give to the community has always been undervalued, but without you no jerseys, cyberfaces or courts could be useful. I had been earning some money to buy RedMC through some requests, but after purchasing it I have some money I thought I would waste on it and I didn't. Will send it to you this weekend. Would you rather a donation or PayPal to PayPal sending?

Thank you man, I am especially excited for the 2017 NBA Draft. Hopefully we can put together something great this summer. Paypal to Paypal sending would be nice, either way works. :)

How's it going man? Not to rush you or anything.
Owie wrote:Hi there Meds! As always great work! I just have a little problem, I wanted the old/default trade/injury messages in Assoc mode but don't know what file to replace since I have updated it. Can you tell me what file should I replace to have that default notification when playing Assoc? Thanks man!

english.iff
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Med's NBA Roster v4.8 Released (2017-2018 NBA Season Update)

Postby Medevenx on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:03 pm

We're back! The first 2017-2018 NBA season roster update arrives! This update features the latest transactions during the 2017 NBA Free Agency, the 2017 NBA Draft by Mackubex, the return of the Rookie Showcase for MyCareer!

Download Now
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

#ProjectFreeAgency Med's NBA Roster - July 5 Update

Postby Medevenx on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:53 am

#ProjectFreeAgency is back! Just like last year, we are going to release daily NBA roster updates for the month of July, implementing every new transaction that occurs each day! We've also updated the Years Pro, ratings, and corrected the colleges of the 2017 NBA rookies!

Download Now
Image Image ImageImage
Image Image
Medevenx
A New Era
Contributor

Re: #ProjectFreeAgency Med's NBA Roster - July 5 Update

Postby slimm44 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:39 am

Great work, Med! (Y)
Image Image Image

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [38 Complete Seasons Mods]

2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013 2011/2012 2010/2011
2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003 2001/2002 2000/2001
1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993 1991/1992 1990/1991
1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985 1969/1970 1961/1962

What makes this mod “sim”? Here are a few of the features that set this project apart from all others:

- Every art file (jerseys, arenas, cyberfaces, accessories, courts, dornas (advertisement at half court), etc is realistic and none will crash game play
- There is no missing art file in the entire project

Every player in every roster has:
- Accurate statistical ratings and tendencies to work with 2k's simulation engine while still providing realistic game play
- Realistic ratings and tendencies that affect game play but not the simulation engine ie dribbling, athletic ratings, post tendencies, etc.
- Realistic physical attributes that decrease after major injuries or as the player gets older
- Accurate play types
- Accurate contracts

- Accurately updated Coaching profiles and playbooks

- Draft classes that have realistic player information for every player

- A few slider sets designed to be a base for realistic game play
slimm44
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding