17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

17-18 ROSTER RELEASED - 04 AUG | NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:56 am

MOD EDIT: Removed

The 2016-2017 Roster Version (Last update: 10 - Jul - 2017)
NAME: "NLSC 16/17"
USERNAME: "I Hate Mondays"
NOTE: Check the "GET THE BEST EXPERIENCE" section of this post to get the download link for the portraits and faces mods
NOTE 2: This Roster was edited exclusively for the current NBA Teams and it should be used purely for games between those 30 NBA teams. Some Retro teams have bugs and glitches as an outcome of our editing so if you want to play any Retro game, I suggest you switch to another roster for that game.

The 2017-2018 Roster Version (Last update: 04 - Aug - 2017)
NAME: "NLSC 17/18"
NOTE: Check the "GET THE BEST EXPERIENCE" section of this post to get the download link for the portraits and faces mods for the 17/18 Roster

Gameplay Sliders best fitted for our roster (Last update: 09 - Jul - 2017)
NAME: "Crewe"
NOTE: Check the "GET THE BEST EXPERIENCE" section of this post for the settings you'll have to use for this set of sliders

MyLeague Sliders settings best fitted for any experience (Last update: 09 - Jul - 2017)
NAME: "SCHNAIDT1"
NOTE: Check the "GET THE BEST EXPERIENCE" section of this post for Schnaidt's rotation method

Compatible 2017 Draft Class
JEDL's Draft Class: http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=225&t=103287

INTRODUCTION:

As you might've noticed, a few months ago I was amazed by the quality of custom rosters found on the PlayStation Network and XBOX One Network when it came to realistic rosters for current teams.

Despite the fact that the PlayStation 4 and XBOX One market was huge and great, the PC community had 0 legit current realistic rosters found on 2K Share (Although I do love the retro rosters and the PC community is lucky to have those kinds of mods).

After asking help from the NLSC users, I was lucky enough to build a great, dedicated, hardworking team:

We've all worked hard for this and the credits go to all of us. If you have any questions, feel free to contact any member of the team (including myself) and we can all act together. After months spent on this project, we feel like we are so close for a release and we want to share with you the amazing stuff you will find in our roster.

PROJECT DETAILS:

• First of all, we will have two versions of the roster:

A) The 2016-17 version

This roster will have no injuries, accurate for the 16-17 season, and the rotations will be realistic (ex. Tiago Splitter for example won't get any minutes in the '76ers lineup). And because this will have no injuries, it will be easier for you to insert inactive players in the lineup if you wish to do so.

We understand that there is more demand for the 17-18 roster but we would like to release both versions regardless so others can play through their own season (MyGM or MyLeague) and go through their own offseason scenario.

B) The 2017-18 version

Accurate for the 17-18 season, contain realistic injuries, and the new rookies from the 2017 Draft Class will be assigned to their respective teams and implement the new FA signings throughout the summer. This roster will be for the ones wanting to go ahead and have a premature 2K18 experience, using the 2K17 game.

Our rosters have been edited, revamped, upgraded and we've managed to tackle almost every single area to make the game feel the most realistic. Therefore, in our roster you'll find:

• Edited everyone's contracts to match real life salaries.

• Transactions will be accurate as of the postseason for the 2016-17 roster version and the 2017-18 will be updated regularly.

• Custom portraits for new signings and looks similar to real life using various YouTube tutorials.

• Custom faces will also be shared once we get the permission from the original authors. We made sure the cyberfaces we implemented are of high quality.

• Updated Points of Emphasis and Coaching Profiles for all teams. Teams therefore will have and perform like their identities like they do in real life. For instance, the Grizzlies will burn seconds off the shot clock, while the Rockets will try to score 140 every game.

• Updated playing positions for the whole league using various playing charts.

• Updated "Play Priorities" for all teams to match their real life counterparts.

• Updated signatures (jumpshots, dribble animations, etc.) and body measurements (wingspan, height, weight, etc.) for the whole league.

• Updated the Hotzones for everyone using the league's averages and the "at least 10 shots taken" criteria.

• Here's the big one: We've revamped ALL the ratings for the whole league using personal formulas. Every single attribute has been modified and adjusted accordingly. We ensured that there is a difference between the best and the worst player in a specific category and also to have unique attributes ratings for sets of 7 to 10 players. You'll notice dropped ratings, whoever is rated above 80 is really good and whoever is rated over 90 is a game changer. There are a lot of ratings in the low 70 for decent players. You'll notice a lot of role players (3 and D for example) rated 73 rather than all-around players rated 80-something (like you can see in the 2K default roster).

• Revamped the badge system and reassigned them for the whole league. Basically, we wanted the experience in the league to really make a difference. As a result, players with 2 or fewer seasons played in the NBA can get up to the bronze badge, players with 4 or 3 season played can get up to the Silver badge, players with 5 to 7 seasons played can get up to Gold and finally, veterans with 8+ seasons played can get the HoF purple badge. The numbers of seasons played is more of a requirement rather than a necessity.

• Updated tendencies for everyone (even Free Agents), players will now play proper NBA basketball. No more of that virtual "Dunk every time and skip the passing" and "Everyone can do a ridiculous stepback from downtown" game.

• Updated accessories for the whole league.

• Realistic substitution method for the whole league using Schnaidt1's method. Basically, he managed to have 1 to 3 players subbed in at a time, rather than those 5-man group substitutions which are not realistic. Also, the number of minutes played is spot on.

Requests, suggestions and observation, as well as constructive feedback is much appreciated so feel free to give us your thoughts with a quick reply.

GET THE BEST EXPERIENCE:
In this section we will share with you the files needed to get the full experience, as well as other tips, tricks and useful subjects that can enhance your experience.

• Required files:

To get the portraits and cyberface mods for our 2016-17 roster you'll need to download this and insert all the files inside your "Modded" folder. Part of this archive will affect the 2017-18 roster too so I strongly recommend you apply this anyways : Deleted at Brandon's request.

The files for the 17/18 Roster are found here: Deleted at Brandon's request.
    Apply these after you applied the 16/17 files.
  • Slider Settings:

For more information about this, check Crewe's thread on OS. You can find it in the credit section.
    I've also added some audio and cutscenes settings that will make your game feel more TV-like.

General Settings:

-Gameplay-
    Game Difficulty: HOF (Before you apply the sliders from 2K Share, have this category be set to HOF first! The order is essential.)
    Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
    Fatigue: On
    Injuries: On
    Game Speed: 57
    Free Throw Difficulty: 50
    Shooting Type: Real Player %/User Timing (I personally use Real Player %)
    Free Throw Shooting Type: Real Player % (I don't recommend User Timing)
    Action Replays: Never
    After Basket Camera Cuts: Often
    Ball Handler Text: None
    Shot Meter: Off (or Feedback Only)
    Shot Feedback: Off
    Foul Out: 6
    AI Free Throw Camera Shake: Off
    Rhythm Indicator: Off
    Pick and Roll Overlay: Off

-Audio-
    Commentary: 60
    PA Vol: 50
    Sound Effects Vol: 100
    Crowd Vol: 40
    Player Chatter Vol: 95

Coach Settings (Remember to run plays during games now and then! Play Basketball, not 2K arcade mode. Call plays yourself for your desired player or use the Smart Play or the Quick Play command. The flow of the game is essential for any experience.)
    Adaptive Coaching Engine: ON
    Timeout: Auto
    Substitution: Auto
    Substitution Method: Rotation
    Offensive PlayVision: User Plays Only
    PlayVision Display: Lite (Full is fine as well)
    Playcall Messages: User Plays Only
    Offensive Playcalling: Manual
    Defensive Playcallling: Manual
    Late Game Fouling: Auto

Controller Settings
    Defensive Assist Strength: 50
    Boxout Assist: 50
    Default Passing Direction
    Automatic Shot Contest: Always (best fit)

• Schnaidt's Rotation Method
    Check Schnaidt1's thread from OS for more information about this subject. Also, we strongly recommend you use his MyLeague settings when playing that mode. You will have to use this rotation method in your MyLeague if you want the best experience. Essentially, we recommend you use the rotation method for your team. If you want the full effect, we recommend you edit the CPU's rotation before any game you actually want to play. To do that, you will have to be controlling all the teams during MyLeague. After you are done editing the rotation for the team you will be going against, just switch back to your team. The method is described by Schaindt in the following way:

-Change Bench Utilization to 100.
    -Change Lineup Performance Factor to 0 (Huge break through, changed May 27th)
    -Place your bench depth number 1 digit higher than your actual rotation (if you play 9 guys, put 10)

-Distribute minutes. Here is the Key. you must set in increments of 5. and pick at least 2 starters to only set 15 or 20 minutes, the other 3 can be either 25, 30, or 35.
    -your 6th man must be given 30 minutes
    -if possible give your 7th man 30 minutes also
    -no more than 2 players can be assigned the same amount of minutes in your starters group and again in your bench. I'll explain.

-Do not give 3 players you start the exact same amount of minutes, just as do not give 3 bench players the exact same amount of minutes. the max of either group can be 2. and here is why. when you have multiple players set at the same amount of minutes in the same unit, you will see those mass subs. we don't want that. we want subs coming in 1, 2 and sometimes 3 at a time.

-Once you set your minutes you are done. enjoy. (if you want do an advanced rotation, still do this, it sets up as a nice base for the advanced rotation)

My 1 MYLEAGUE HOUSE RULE----
    1. No trading away any 1st round picks current or future in your teams name. example- you own 2 first round picks for 2016, 1 is your teams, the other came from another. you can trade away that other first rounder, just not yours UNLESS IT IS DURING THE NBA DRAFT, ALL PICKS CAN BE TRADED DURING THE DRAFT.

• Use a custom roster for the "Start Today" MyLeague mode

2K17 always loads the default 2K roster for you whenever you start this mode. To use a custom roster for "Start Today", you'll have to use the following workaround:

• Download Limino's Modifer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0ebabtb0emjm6ba/NBA+2K17+Limnono+Modifier+Tool+20+-+11+-+16.rar
    • Run the modifier in the background
    • Start up 2K17
    • Press the F1 key to activate the trainer
    • Make sure you have downloaded the roster you want to use
    • Load the roster you want to use and while still in the roster press the F3 key. Then quit the roster (you will notice you won't be prompted anymore for a roster save.)
    • Start your "Start Today" franchise (remember to apply Schnaidt1's MyLeague settings before the team selection screen, in the "Setup Options" area)
  • Load a custom draft class in the "Start Today Mode" (or any other MyLeague/MyGM mode, even if the season has started)

The game will prompt you to load a custom Draft Class at the start of the season. But what if you want to load another Draft Class in the middle or at the end of the season because you found a better one? That is a must for the "Start Today" mode because by default, the game loads a random Draft Class for you with custom, fictional players. Many people are not aware that they can load a Draft Class at any point, even though they are not prompted by the game with the usual start-of-the-season screen. To load a custom Draft Class in any franchise mode you have to do the following steps:

• Load the save file you desire
    • Go to main menu of the mode, to the "Scouting" section. Then, select the "Prospect Scouting" option. A list of the current draft class should appear.
    • Select any prospect and hit A (XBOX Controller) or the keyboard selection button, a new menu should appear. Select the 3rd option from here ("Load/Download Draft Class"). Once you select this, you will be prompted with the usual 2K Share screen. From here, you can load any Draft Class you want. Remember that only JEDL's draft classes are compatible with our roster at the moment.

CREDITS SECTION:
Thanks for helping us make the experience better:

Last edited by I Hate Mondays on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:53 am, edited 16 times in total.
I Hate Mondays

Re: NLSC REALISTIC COMMUNITY ROSTER - 2 Versions | PREVIEW

Postby Philmatic on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:17 am

This looks absolutely incredible, can't wait!

Agreed that there's been a hole in the PC modding community for an updated roster too
Philmatic

Postby adrian11robben on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:32 am

can we tried or we just need to wait¿
adrian11robben

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:42 am

Nice work, the community needed this. I like all the information on the first post as well.

Great job, hopefully in 2K18 we can have great teams of people working together both on Retro and Current.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Wzvd on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:24 am

This is great, exactly the type of roster I was looking for. Although I'd love to see an "opening day" version with accurate injuries, but I understand the extra work that would require so don't worry.

Is it possible to insert this roster to a "start today" GM mode using Limnono's modifier?

I do wish that the way contracts were negotiated was different as well. Player ratings go from 40-99 (I think) and you can't make use of that because they'll just get signed to minimum contracts.

Either way I can't wait! Thanks for this.
Wzvd

Postby Syncinatti on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:49 am

This sounds so AWESOME! Can't wait!
Syncinatti

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:01 am

Wzvd wrote:This is great, exactly the type of roster I was looking for. Although I'd love to see an "opening day" version with accurate injuries, but I understand the extra work that would require so don't worry.

Is it possible to insert this roster to a "start today" GM mode using Limnono's modifier?

I do wish that the way contracts were negotiated was different as well. Player ratings go from 40-99 (I think) and you can't make use of that because they'll just get signed to minimum contracts.

Yes you can use this in start today by pressing F3 after you have loaded up the roster of your choice.
bluejaybrandon

Postby TRIIIAD on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:01 am

Can't put into words how excited I am for this. Great work so far! (Y)
TRIIIAD

Postby Wzvd on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:07 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Wzvd wrote:This is great, exactly the type of roster I was looking for. Although I'd love to see an "opening day" version with accurate injuries, but I understand the extra work that would require so don't worry.

Yes you can use this in start today by pressing F3 after you have loaded up the roster of your choice.

Thanks! No need for a roster with injuries in that case either.
Wzvd

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:39 am

Thank you for the kind words everybody, your enthusiasm is already very important to us and you motivate us to release the first version as soon as possible.

adrian11robben wrote:can we tried or we just need to wait¿

You will have to wait a while but the first version is in the pipe. Just need to make the final adjustments and complete some ratings. We're getting there.

Thank you man, an opening day roster would require basically a lot of extra work. We have to track down the injuries from back then which is not an easy thing to do, we also have to redo all the signings and trades that took place after October. Finally, we'd have to redo some ratings because many players like Saric started slow but then managed to post some real stats after the All-Star break. Personally, I am not saying this is impossible and out of our plan, but it's definetely the last objective and the list.
As Brandon mentioned, you can use Limnono's tool to make a custom roster work in Start Today. You can also import custom draft classes in Start Today. More on that when we release the first version. We'll do a step by step tutorial on how to import different things
As for the contract parts, it's all about the MyLeague settings. We'll suggest a beast set that gave us the best experience ( for now, the best MyLeague set is Schnaidt1's IMHO). That set will also be posted on 2K Share.
I Hate Mondays

Postby BLAQK on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:25 am

Nice work, this is exactly what I've been looking for.
BLAQK

Postby TGsoGood on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:12 pm

I really like this
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:15 pm

Impressive stuff!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby CT4 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:50 am

This looks nice. The rating system is made very good aswell. 2K ratings suck
Celtics and Kristaps Porzingis fan from Latvia.
Not much else to know really.
CT4

Postby TRIIIAD on Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:57 am

Regarding coaches, is there any way to fix the crazy unrealistic turnover rate for coaches? For example in MyLeague, Gregg Popovich and Steve Kerr always leaves their respective teams for some random team even though that would never happen in real life.
TRIIIAD

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:03 am

Have you plan to slowing down most of the Centers & PF (speed/acceleration/lateral speed) ?
sticky-fingers

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:55 am

TRIIIAD wrote:Regarding coaches, is there any way to fix the crazy unrealistic turnover rate for coaches? For example in MyLeague, Gregg Popovich and Steve Kerr always leaves their respective teams for some random team even though that would never happen in real life.

That can't be fixed by us. It's AI logic implemented by 2K. The only way to avoid this is to control every team during MyLeague and make some realistic signings yourself during the staff signing period. After that, you switch to one single team of your desire.

sticky-fingers wrote:Have you plan to slowing down most of the Centers & PF (speed/acceleration/lateral speed) ?

For sure! I really meant it when I said we went through every category to make that area count. Big Men are slower on fast breaks and you can blow past them with a skilled PG. That applies to one on one situations too.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:21 am

Sounds great, how will these rosters be accessed, on 2K share? And is there a way to keep non- 3pt shooting bigs (Drummond for ex..) from hanging around the 3 pt line?
Uncle Drew

Postby Kevmire on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:25 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Have you plan to slowing down most of the Centers & PF (speed/acceleration/lateral speed) ?

Lat Quick was completely redone. Averages per position are:

C = 54
PF = 61
SF = 71
SG = 69
PG = 71
Kevmire

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:32 am

Uncle Drew wrote:Sounds great, how will these rosters be accessed, on 2K share? And is there a way to keep non- 3pt shooting bigs (Drummond for ex..) from hanging around the 3 pt line?

Yes, the rosters will be available exclusively on 2K share.
A player's actual position on the court is determined by plays (they have the highest priority, telling the players when and where to go), as well as the freelance offenses. If you want to be sure a big man stays inside and near the paint, you can go for an 80s freelance offense, there are a lot of topics about it. Unluckily, that'd also affect the other players as well. I reckon you'd lose all the perimeter threats when doing so. Anyways, we can't set a freelance offense for a specific team, that can only be selected by the user during gameplay
What we can do is play with the postup tendencies. That way, maybe if that value is high, the player will try to get closer to the rim more often. We haven't finished the tendencies and we can't give you a legit answer for now, but we'll keep you updated once we finish that category.
I Hate Mondays

Postby adrian11robben on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:54 am

thanks for all that huge work that you guys are doing on the roster (Y) (Y)
adrian11robben

Postby donotj on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:41 pm

hey one question, will this come with custom sliders,because i would love to see some cpu vs cpu action with this roster combined!
donotj

Postby alienlife on Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Can't wait for this.
alienlife

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:09 pm

I Hate Mondays & Kevmire, thanx for your answers.

So I can't wait too ! :drool:
sticky-fingers

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:27 pm

donotj wrote:hey one question, will this come with custom sliders,because i would love to see some cpu vs cpu action with this roster combined!

Yes, we will suggest you some sliders that will work great with both CPU vs CPU and User vs CPU. I am talking about Crewe's. I will post them for the PC community on 2k share.
I Hate Mondays

Next

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding