Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Andrew on Thu May 18, 2017 4:25 pm

Players can inexplicably slip, but it's wishful thinking to say the least. With more and more resources put into scouting these days, picks like a Jimmy Butler or Isaiah Thomas really are anomalies and exceptions.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Thu May 18, 2017 6:28 pm

I wouldn't mind us trading anyone not named Jimmy Butler to move up and take one of those PGs not named Lonzo Ball.

We desperately need a PG, Rondo isn't our answer and neither is Cameron fucking Payne.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Moz on Thu May 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Valor wrote:I wouldn't mind us trading anyone not named Jimmy Butler to move up and take one of those PGs not named Lonzo Ball.

But then again....
Outside of Butler, I don't know who else could be baited so they can move up the draft board to acquire him.
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby air gordon on Fri May 19, 2017 1:51 am

Yeah the weaknesses vid for Collins is like watching another player. He really looks like trash compared to the smooth player who trashing the comp in the strengths

I do like bam's ability to clear out players and still be mobile.

Yeah be great to trade up for a pg. but yeah wishful thinking

Man I wish Wade would opt out
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Sun May 21, 2017 3:01 am

Thoughts on OG anunoby? Athletic freak with a lot question of marks but the dreaded/coveted high potential.

I'd put him in the group of guys I'd like to see the bulls draft.

How about the ferguson kid who did a Brandon Jennings and played overseas for a season after graduating high school? Athletic 3 and d player the bulls really need.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Sun May 21, 2017 7:30 pm

air gordon wrote:Man I wish Wade would opt out

I hope so for the Bulls sake but I wouldn't blame him for staying either.

Says the Bulls could have $37 million in cap space available if he opts out. Should they join bidding war for Paul George, or CP3 if something crazy happens in his mood? Or just go young and rebuild?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Sun May 21, 2017 9:04 pm

George isn't a free agent until 2018, and that's if he opts out of the final year of his contract, so Wade opting out this offseason won't help them in that regard. CP3 doesn't fit the idea of a youth movement, but he is obviously way better than Rondo. I don't think he's a realistic option though, and he'd be another short-term fix when it comes down to it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue May 23, 2017 1:31 am

speaking hypothetically, yeah why not go for CP3 if they have the cap. why not utilize butler prime years instead of this stuck on a treadmill roster. this offseasons fa's looks better than next years anyway.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Sun May 28, 2017 4:47 pm

So... three common names are:

Luke Kennard - (2nd coming of Doug?)
Terrance Ferguson - (Jamal Crawford LITE?)
Donovan Mitchell - (3&D?)

Hard to get excited imho.

BTW does this mean end of Denzel Valentine before anything started?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Sun May 28, 2017 6:07 pm

He might get some more opportunities this season, but I doubt anyone's sold on him at this juncture.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue May 30, 2017 1:10 am

Mitchell please

Valentine needs consistent minutes. He had a good stretch of games when wade was out.

To play the hypothetical game, it would just great if both Rondo and wade went away. Would you guys be happy with Redick and mills as the replacements
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Tue May 30, 2017 9:06 am

I like Terrence Ferguson out of those 3.

Redick sounds good. He's old so facilitating young talents to get some NBA experience will come much easier. Mills though has no upside, should be better than anything the Bulls had at PG position since Rose's knee went bum.

Worst comes worst, Wade and Rondo both stay, what tools/resource the Bulls have to upgrade the roster?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Tue May 30, 2017 9:23 am

I could get on board with Redick and Mills.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue May 30, 2017 1:57 pm

Novu
Draft picks and trade exception from Gibson trade.... and of course cam paynes inevitable breakout season

Cap space won't be significant. Maybe a little more depending on what happens with Nikola

Ah good times
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Wed May 31, 2017 1:52 pm

NovU wrote:Terrance Ferguson - (Jamal Crawford LITE?)

More like a Timberwolves era Wesley Johnson. His ball handling is average and he can't create offense on his own. He have the looks of being a Tony Snell 2.0 I reckon. I'm on board with Mitchell as well since the only competition, which is Diallo, withdraws.

Reddick seems like the more fitting but I'm favoring Mills just to end their fucking PG quest already... Canaan is still under contract though so perhaps they'll give him another shot if Payne's potential never materialize.

Worst comes worst, Wade and Rondo both stay, what tools/resource the Bulls have to upgrade the roster?

Unfortunately, the cap spike is not that significant compared to last year's but unloading Niko and MCW will give them 11m off the table.

So Diallo withdraws and here are some of the guys they worked out the past days

Peter Jok (Ferguson is not but this guy's Jamal Crawford lite)
phpBB [video]

Ivan Raab (Meh...)
phpBB [video]

PJ Dozier (He played with a torn ACL for years. DRose should consult this guy.)
phpBB [video]

Zak Showalter (I'm seeing Tyler Johnson in him)
phpBB [video]

They seem pretty high on Mitchell. Will have a private workout with him.
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby NovU on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:27 pm

With Wade likely to stay put and the Bulls to retain Rondo, I guess the real shopping spree starts next season.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Next year's fa class is meh compared to this year's

A rumor floating around of Ohio state interested in Hoiberg.

My fav Chicago beat writer Joe Cowley speculates Butler will try to get Lowry on the windy city. Supposedly those 2 were buddies on the Olympics
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:41 pm

Doubt it happens, but there's no question I'd take him over Rondo.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:21 am

I just would like to see what kind of Offer would get it done
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:32 am

So whos your guy?

Locked on NBA did a awesome mock draft podcast (so far just past midway of 1st rnd). Bulls ended up with Ferguson. The bigs and kennard were still on the board at the pick

I'm sold on Mitchell but it sounds like a lot of teams picking ahead are also

My list
Mitchell
Anunoby
Ferguson

If they pick Giles I'll give them credit for taking a chance
Kennard screams of a GarPax pick. Same with Justin Jackson who reminds me of a taller valentine
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:19 am

Mitchell definitely sounds like the best prospect out of those three. The mocks at DraftExpress and NBADraft.net have them just missing out on him, but if he's available, seems like the way to go.

I could get on board with them picking Semi Ojeleye. Very athletic, shoots well inside and outside, not terrible defensively.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:30 pm

I like semi too. Initially I Was hoping he could be had in the 2nd but he's played his way into the 1st apparently
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:41 am

I've come to accept that trading away Butler, and Wade leaving would be the way to go imo.

Minor note but I hated during the season how those two egoistic dicks went after teammates and coach when shortcoming largely was their due. Interestingly Rondo was the only one that made sense despite being a shittiest player at the time being. But MCW still is a garbage. Dunno how in the past spree gave this guy all the props in the world.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:35 am

NovU wrote:I've come to accept that trading away Butler, and Wade leaving would be the way to go imo.

Minor note but I hated during the season how those two egoistic dicks went after teammates and coach when shortcoming largely was their due. Interestingly Rondo was the only one that made sense despite being a shittiest player at the time being. But MCW still is a garbage. Dunno how in the past spree gave this guy all the props in the world.

The dysfunction is more an indictment on the management. They put the roster together and hired the coach.

I'm sure Wade coming from pat rileys heat had shell shock when he experienced this mess.

Butler doesn't seem like a natural leader but interestingly enough him and Rondo made it work late and in games 1& 2.

How dare you disrespect MCW.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:29 am

MCW flirted with a quadruple-double in his NBA debut, and at times showed the proverbial flashes of brilliance. It got people's hopes up time and time again, but unfortunately it seems he's just not going to be a dependable player.

Sounds like Wade's going to opt in. It doesn't help the Bulls, though you can't fault him for not wanting to leave that much money on the table.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball